the Rift

[OPEN] There may be pain in the night - But joy comes in the morning [Birth]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

I have been pregnant now for what seems like forever. My child is heavy, my back constantly aching from the added weight i'm carrying around. Tonight I have been restless. Something is different. Even my child within, is moving and kicking and wiggling. So tonight, I stick close to the oasis pacing back and forth. My golden eyes lift to the night sky, gazing at the stars. I should be snuggled up with a lover at my side who cares and worries about not only myself but our child. But instead I was foolish. I allowed someone who barely knew me to bed me. Sure he's shown signs of affection, but as Cera said... He took advantage of me. He doesn't care about me.

Suddenly I groan as a wave of pain rips though my body. I resist the urge to scream, as I did not want to draw any attention this late. It lasts for a couple of moments before fading off a bit. I take a few deep breaths. Maybe it's a one time thing. But a few minutes later, the pain rips though me again. I hold back a scream again. This pattern continues on for a couple hours as the pain slowly gets closer and closer together. Soon I have barely rested from the last before the next one arrives. It's also growing stronger. My legs give way and I hit the soft sand next to the water. I can not hold back a scream this time as the worst pain yet rips through my body. 

Oh God of the Sun, help me... I think to myself as I find myself screaming again. What is happening? Am I dying? The pain just gets worse and worse until I lay out on my side. Suddenly, everything just clicks. Like my body suddenly knows what I need to do. My brain slowly catches up as I realize that I am in labor and my baby is on the way. I push a few times. Hours have passed, and most of my labor has been under the starry night sky. But just as the sun rises, I push one last time and feel the release of pressure as my baby slides out and into the world. I lay still for a couple of moments just taking in the moment and catching my breath. But instinct tells me I need to rise. Carefully I do, shaking off to rid myself of as much sand as I can before looking to the little life I have been carrying. 

Gently I begin to clean, unsure at first if I am looking at my new daughter or son. Either way, I am no longer surprised as to why I was so huge. Two tiny points of horns peak out of his or her brow, and not one but two sets of wings grace grullo sides. Dual wings, just like my mother. I can't help but smile. Finally I discover the gender, a little girl. My smile widens. "Welcome to the world, little Farah. My little bundle of happiness." 

"their speech goes here and this is the color

Open to all
Tagging those who might be interested - @Cera @Hector @Ranjiri

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

Hector
He had kept a constant eye on Amani ever since he had noticed her pregnancy at the herd meeting. Even if she didn't notice it, he had been keeping a careful eye on the Pegasus. While he did want to cuddle with her and watch her stomach grow gently with the days, he just didn't have the time being a warrior and all. He had left the Throat for a handful of days while he took care of some warrior business. Just a handful of days he had been gone. The stallion knew that the mare was getting close to her time, but he didn't realize that she was having the foal today! Hector had been on his way back to the Throat's center when he noticed Amani by the water. The sun was coming up as he began to coast down to the ground.

He landed softly on the ground not far from Amani, and noticed a small shape near her. The mighty warrior hesitated in the face of seeing his own foal. He took some hesitant steps towards Amani and his foal, who was his daughter but he didn't know her gender yet. As he got right next to the duo, he reached out his nose to gently touch it to Amani's. "Our daughter is beautiful. I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but I have been watching you, making sure you're alright. I wish I could've stayed with you more, but duties pulled me away. I promise, I will always be around for you and our..." He paused for a moment to look at the foal to figure its gender. "Our daughter. I apologize Amani, but I do promise to be around always." He said softly, leaning down to lightly brush his muzzle against his daughter's back and head. She had a double set of wings, and a dual set of horns that matched his own. She was beautiful. Perfect.
image credits

@Amani @Farah

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times