[OPEN] Hard to settle[Joining]

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
cowboy
Never apologize and never explain -
 it's a sign of weakness.
Long dark red legs pushed his thick frame through Helovia. Ears pricked and eyes bright with thoughts he wouldn't share with just anyone. Sure, he would tell Volterra, but he could be trusted. Blue and tan eyes blinked as he tried to find the place he was searching for. He was sure the Hidden Falls hadn't been named so for shits and giggles. He wanted to for go the life of a lonely man to join in with a herd. He had to admit it would be nice to wake up and not be alone, or wondering if there were any wolves about. His messy mane flapped against his thick neck as he cantered smoothly towards where he assumed the herd was located.

It wasn't to much longer and he could hear the sound of rushing water, a good sign he supposed. Carefully he pulled up not wanting to cross unknown borders, without permission. It sure wouldn't do him any good to be caught inside the falls before he even had a chance to ask about joining. Cowboy considered what he would say to whomever came to collect him. Of course he would be on his best beahvior, ma'ams and sirs would be in order.

He wondered if anyone would just show up before he got a chance to completly gather his thoughts. He knew what rank he wanted, and he was willing to prove himself to get there. Silently he chewed over his thoughts as the sun rose to the middle of the sky and shown down pleasently on his back. Finally he was prepeared for whomever would show up for him. Rasing his head the red roan stallion took a deep breath and called out. His voice was a deep bellow, not quite demanding, but pretty close. He wanted someone to get to him sooner rather than later. He stood firmly blue and tan eyes facing towards the sound of the water falls. Ears twitched and tail flicked calmly as he waited for the welcome wagon.

Talk
OOC;; Joining, he wants to be a warrior if that helps
Words/Tags;; 338

image | coding
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Ktulu spent most of her time patrolling the border with her companion. She went one way and Eytan went the other so they could cover the length of the Falls' border in less time than if they had stuck together. And they were twice as likely to catch someone trying to slip across the border or waiting for someone to greet them at the border.

It was Eytan that was closest to Cowboy when he came to the Fall's border and it was Eytan that heard his call. The grizzly lumbered toward the stallion and emerged from the trees opposite the border. He didn't need the somewhat demanding call that the stallion had let out to tell him that he wasn't part of the herd. Eytan couldn't place his face and he didn't smell right. His head tilted as he used his mental connection with Ktulu to inform her that there was a newcomer waiting at the border.

"Make sure he stays there, I'm on my way." was the response that he got from his bonded. The bear sighed and sat, though the look he gave the newcomer suggested that it would be wise for him to stay put.

It took Ktulu several minutes to make it to where Eytan had directed her to, but when she emerged she stopped next to the bear. The black mare glanced down at the bear before shifting her crimson eyes to the stallion. He was only slightly taller than she was and a touch heavier, but Ktulu was not afraid nor was she intimidated. It took far more than weight to intimidate the Constrictor.

"I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Champion of the Hidden Falls." The mare said. "What do you want?" Because there was a reason that he had gone so far to find the Falls' borders.

"."

Image Credits

@Cowboy

Icon by Tay

Adoptable
cowboy
Never apologize and never explain -
it's a sign of weakness.
He stood silently at the border ears pricked as he waited for someone to show up. He assumed it wouldn't be long, but you honestly could never tell. He knew that these soft herd people might have him waiting for forever. Tan and blue eyes closed and rolled behind the dark red lids. It wouldn't look good to be seen frustrated by some hidden member. He longed to cock a hoof and relax as he waited, but how would anyone take him serious if they saw him being so sassy.

Shaking the thoughts away he tried to focus on the sounds and scents around him. Nostrils quivered as a musky dangerous smell overtook his senses. He tensed ears straining forward as the small Grizzly lumbered from the woods. He braced ears flickering back but the stallion didn't move. Eyes narrowed curiously as the creature looked him over. He could see it's large wet nose wiggling, and it might have been cute if it wasn't attached to swords and teeth. He watched the bear closely ready to fight and chase the creature off.

To his utter amazement the apex predator sat down with a sigh. His plain head tilted curiously and he took a cautious step closer to the beast. Was it some kind of guardian? The stud had no idea that anyone could bond to normal creatures as well as dragons (or anything besides dragons for that matter.) His nose quivered silently as he eyed the beast he feared more than any other. It seemed to be giving him an odd look, but he had no idea if he was even really seeing the bear at all.

Cowboy stood still watching the bear trying to figure out what was going on for several minutes before the sound of hooves drew his attention. Tan and blue fell upon a mare that would be pretty if she wasn't searching him for any weakness. Luckily he hadn't dropped his proud stance. She was slightly shorter and more lithe than his thicker bulk. her long mane, tail, and most of her horn were snow white. Her body was black etched with baring that bleed to white. On her shoulder was a bronze bear with a matching fancy dorsal stripe.

She stopped to stand next to the bear and even looked down at it. His eyes flashed with curiosity for a moment before she spoke to him. His ears slide forward curiously and respect flitted through his body and eyes. 'Champion. Ktulu the Champion.' He dipped his dark chestnut head in respect before answering her question. "I'm Cowboy, bastard son of Tyradon, and I wish to join your herd." He had no other title to offer the mare so he gave his father's name. It was the customs of his homeland showing. if you didn't have a title you offered a family name. He watched her quietly wondering if she had known the stallion, or if she just didn't give any fucks.

Talk
OOC;;  @Ktulu <3
Words/Tags;; 497

image | coding

Ktulu</style>
</style>

Names often meant very little to the Constrictor, but she knew Tyradon's name and she knew that she hadn't cared much for him when she'd met him. She'd actually wanted nothing more than to pick a fight with him so she had a reason to hit him, but no matter how she'd chummed the waters he hadn't bitten. Ktulu snorted and shifted her weight and as she did so her lean muscles flexed under her dark coat. She wondered briefly if he thought Tyradon's name would surprise or intimidate her when he was likely the one that would end up surprised. "Tyradon, huh?" She said, her tone bored and unimpressed. "If that's true, then that would make you my nephew." She paused then and watched his face for any kind of reactuion.

'How many of you are there?' Eytan asked, clearly amused by yet another member of their rather large family coming out of the woodwork.

"I don't know." Ktulu answered back. "Apparently my family has trouble not popping out bastard foals."

"So you want to join the Falls." She continued. "But what can you do? Do you fight? Steal? Build? Heal? What can you do for us that will benefit our herd?" She asked. "If you choose to fight you will answer to Ciceron and myself. You will be expected to complete patrols and spars each season. If stealth is your forte then you'd have to speak with Knox." She paused as she tried to think of who the head healer was since Resplendence had disappeared and who the new head mason was since Brisa had been promoted to lead. "If healing or building interests you then you'll have to speak to Brisa or Archibald, the herd leads."

"."

Image Credits

@Cowboy

Icon by Tay

Brit Posts: 11
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 15hh :: 19
Brit
Pulled on request

Adoptable
He watched her calmly after giving up his name, careful not to push any boundaries she, or the herd, had set here. Ears tilted forward slightly as he listened to her reply. Her voice dripped with boredom as she spoke his father's name. He felt no need to jump to the stallion's defense. Cowboy had never even met the man, so he had no idea if he had been worth defending or not. Her next words however had his eyes growing slightly wider with surprise. He had an Aunt as well as a brother and sister. A warm easy smile sprung to his face like spring grass in a time laps. His drawl had a pleasantly surprised and thrilled tone to it as he replied, "I had no idea my father had siblings. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I doubt you want me to call you Auntie." He felt kind of awkward, she seemed to tired of having to talk with him, but he was excited to learn more about this side of his family.

Tan and blue eyes tried to catch her scarlet ones before he continued, "I'm sorry if I've stepped on any boundaries here, I've just never met anyone that knew my father." He watched her unable to not be a little hopeful, even if he didn't show it. He had to remind himself he was on a mission and family might just have to wait. During the lull he looked at his aunt, watched how she moved, and memorized her coloring along with her scent. She was beautiful, but he could easily see the deadly lean muscles stacked under her dark pelt.

Power ran in his family apparently. His ears pricked as she listened to her. His head tilted slightly as he took in every word she had to offer. He knew exactly where he wanted to go, but he paused and thought about it anyway. His drawl was determined as he gave her his answer, "I would like to follow the warriors path, but I'll help whenever and wherever I am needed." He lifted himself up proud of his power, but humbled from his inexperience. He was ready to learn and strengthen his body and mind in the ways of war. "I'll swear myself to the Falls, and work to keep the members within save." His eyes glinted reflecting his eagerness.
Talk
Words;;  397
OOC;; Sorry it took so long! @Ktulu
Cowboy
Are you gonna cowboy up or
lie there and bleed?div>

image | coding
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Ktulu</style>
</style>

Her eyes narrowed and one ear tilted back at the name Auntie when it passed his lips. Roskuld had been the only one in her family that had ever called her Auntie, but that had been because Roskuld had been her only niece... at least the only one that she was close to. She had many other nieces and nephews running around thanks to Tyradon, but she hadn't gone out of her way to meet her half brother's offspring. Ktulu's immediate instinct was to tell him no, that he couldn't call her Auntie, but Eytan was quick to interrupe her thoughts and ask 'what would it hurt if he did'? "...If you want to that's fine." She finally answered

"...I've never met anyone that knew my father."

It was obvious to Ktulu that the boy was fishing for information about his father, but she remained silent on the subject. She hadn't known her half brother well enough to pass judgement on him and yet she had ... and it was unfavorable. She thought about Volterra and Nymeria, of their mother Confutatis, and she couldn't help but feel like any stallion that would mount her was sick and twisted in the head. "You'll find others here that know him." She said. "And you'll find that we have quite an ... extensive family." She said with a finality that suggested she would not delve any deeper into their shared family.

Ktulu nodded, unsurprised, when Cowboy said that he wanted to become a warrior. So many in their family had chosen that path she'd come to expect it whenever she came across them. The only exception she'd noticed had been her own daughter who had taken to crafting rather than battle. "Fine." She said. "Our warriors spar seasonally, so you should expect to be called upon for that. And you're expected to be present when warrior meetings are called." She stepped aside to allow Cowboy entrance into the Hidden Falls. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls, Cowboy."

"."

Image Credits

@Cowboy

Icon by Tay