the Rift

[OPEN] not a voice you can hear at night

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
ultima
Her past life could be compared to a pea. Small. Green. Insignificant. And smothered under a hundred mattresses, cushions, at the summit of which she perched sleepless and fretful, bursting with potential energy. 

Goose-down could not save her from reality, as much as she willed herself to forget. Chamomile and vervain couldn’t either, though she chewed so much of it the air around her beautiful head was colored by the scent. And how she wished she could be a girl with her head in the clouds again, beautiful clouds made of candy-floss and promise – she wanted the part enough to become it, trotting after the Doctors toting baskets of herbs and laughing gaily at half the things that caught her eye, sneering at the remainder. But that was only a transfiguration of daylight; the moon reveals all truths, and by night she was a creature other than Alph, who lived only for earth.

Ultima, Dearest Ever Dreamt, Crowned by Nightingales, For Whom Dawn Breaks in the East, was a girl with dreams, and they were not the sweet kind. Not for a year now. Not since the desert glass, and the crocodile who ate her heart and spat it back a different shape. (She remembered the way it looked, steaming in a red cradle, raw and hissing where teeth had broken the membrane. She remembered the way it felt to lift it, to carry it; set safely back in her chest it kept a broken rhythm, like a clock too fast or too slow. She kept crocodile time, now. She had carnivore dreams, toothsome and sharp, and she feared them.)

Down from bed she came, her wings half-flared, the young muscle protesting from being held so long in one position. Orangemoon smelled perpetually of rain, and a faint tang of ozone that promised a storm by sunrise. She got the feeling she shouldn’t go far, but it kept to her gut; in her heart was a frenetic abandon that pushed her tired limbs far, far and hard, harder, until she left the woods and her wings snapped out full and long, unhindered by the close-grown trees. 

The night was deeper as it stretched over the meadow. In the dark her eyes were bright, the long lashes opening and closing like moth’s wings. To look at her was to feel a buzzing in your head, a tightness in your chest; she leaned forward as if to counter a strong wind, her wings held aloft and trembling for take-off, her entire posture yelling: I am ready! But there was no wind. Her wings trembled because they were weak still, too weak to fly even a mile, and her posture unwound quickly with hoarseness. 

The moments that passed then were like straws, set one by one across her slender back. As she counted them, they took new weight, and the night’s negative space filled with an insurmountable dread. Once upon a time, the stars twinkling through the crosshatch of branch and bough, the moon’s light littering the forest floor like silver leaves – that had been a comfort. Staring up at the sky now, though, she didn’t recognize those stars, and that moon seemed too callous to be the one that had fallen so whimsically at her feet in a bygone age. They would not guide her home.

She sank to her knees unbidden, her long, stiltish legs folding gently into the tall grass. The ground was springy beneath her shins, half waterlogged, and a soft wind picked up from the east, ruffling her pale, waving hair. Her wings were the last to relent, quaking violently, burning with the effort to remain high and proud. One moment. Another. And then they lowered, gentle in their defeat; and there was only the girl again, neither Ultima nor Alph, nestled in the grass like a baby bird.

She was ready, but had nowhere to go.
command me to be well.

neither of us could sleep, apparently )^: open for anyone xo
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
良克
Ryouta
Seeing her was like living in a dream.

I had dozed quietly on the outskirts of the Thistle Meadow, my eyes glazed over in a restless sleep.  My dreams would more accurately be described as nightmares, with flashes of my memories running rampant amid new horrors.  While the monster might fear others, the soul watching the body commit such atrocities is never easy.  The worst of it were the ones when I heard her voice, choking through the blood in her throat, bidding me to stop crying.

This girl, she was nothing like my dreams.
My eyes slowly open, disbelief filling my features as the moonlight catches her coat, her wings, the silver of her frame gleaming with a beauty I had never encountered.  She looked the part of an angel, all lines and no substance, but with a billowing mane that danced about merrily.  The halter worn across her face looked wrought of gold, and I stared, unable to remove my eyes from the gleam of her presence.

The cloud of sleep begin to fade from my mind, returning my conscious self slowly, eyes blinking, trying to clear the hallucination of a fallen angel from my mind.  It takes me a few moments to realize she is real, not some figment of my imagination.  She is no angel, here to hearken me to the afterlife before shortly dropping me into a pit of hell.  She is a mare, much like any other, just one that happens to be pretty.

She folds, her knees buckling, tumbling to the soggy earth below, wings still outstretched toward the sky.  I think her injured, but as I gain control of my thoughts, my feelings, I am not panicked.  Instead, I coldly walk toward her, hooves squishing disgustingly in the mud.  Dried remnants of the substance cake my coat, as it almost always did, giving my appearance all the attractiveness of a trash pile.

The wings gracefully drop to match the legs underneath her, and I stop a few feet from her side, turning my head idly to the girl.  "Everything alright?" my voice is flat, betraying no concern, despite the question posed.  My face is equally distant, eyes colder than winter winds and jaw set in a neutral expression.

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか
Dare ga kono kokoro no tame ni korosa re koto o hinan suru nodesu ka?
Image credit to fOtOmoth at flickr.com

@Ultima

Outcast
ultima
Young as she was, a single year still had meaning. It was a quarter of her life lost to this grass, this sky, this blank space. She’d seen it change with every season and felt wildly misplaced, a wheel that didn’t spin like the others did, stuck fast with longing; her only shovel was memory, and it might’ve been that she was a child (and a lost one, at that) or that it took all her energy to keep her emotions from welling over, but she could never dig fast enough to break loose. In ways that hadn’t changed, her feet still mired in heartbreak. Gazing out across the muddy hills and dales, spangled with late dew and stars, she didn’t know what to make of it.

Everything alright?

“No,” she said automatically, though the sound preceded the turn of her head by several moments. Her eyes lingered on the meadow, too, before sliding across the night to his face. They narrowed immediately. It might not have been noticeable – it was dark, and besides, the expression wasn’t one of fear or loathing. It was confusion, mixed with simple curiosity. Pleasantries weren’t lost on her; she understood the importance of appearing interested and how it could be used as both a kindness and a polite rebuke. Basic deportment; for Ultima, as thoughtless as breathing. “Thank you.” What troubled her now was that she couldn’t decide which of those he meant, this man who stared down at her, dully, from seemingly miles away.

She cocked her head just so, tassels chiming faintly. In another time – and in another place, and in another frame of mind – she might have been more forward about it. 

“Why do you ask?”
command me to be well.

@ryouta xoxoxo

Tai
良克
Ryouta
I am caught off guard, something I cannot say happens very often.

The blunt, straightforward answer contradicted every social normalcy I knew. To admit to a total stranger that something is wrong, instead of flatly lying through your teeth, is something rarely encountered. I smile, a genuine expression of mirth, for the first time in months. It was refreshing, not to have her tell me the expected answer of 'I am fine'.

The pearl colored girl turns to look at me, and once more I am tempted to believe my initial description of her - an angel. Her face is small, delicate, with eyes gleaming brightly even in the night. She seemed distracted at best, but I had no idea what could be bothering her in the crisp evening under a blanket of stars. As her eyes narrow almost imperceptibly, she spits out a social nicety that wipes the small grin from my face, replacing it with the stone and mortar from before.

With the tilt of her head I turn mine away, looking out at the meadow bathed in a silver sheen. "You seemed..." I paused, not entirely sure what she seemed at the time, what had caused my approach. "Disheartened."

I settle on the word, but I am unsure if that really fits the depiction as I watched her figure sink into the earth. Lost might have also worked.
I knew the feeling of being lost quite well.
After my loss of her, my life became quite directionless. Like a beacon in the middle of the night, her pale figure had been one I followed without question or worry. When it had been snuffed out, my legs scraped and scrambled to find traction, to keep moving, only to find the unknown to be filled with pitfalls and devoid of meaning.

I wonder, for just a brief moment, what caused her to seem like a child lost in the wilderness. It could be assumed that we are all searching, all fumbling forward, but I am too self-involved to think like that. My tragic life has made me a cynic. I choose to believe that I am alone in suffering.

"The world has a way of doing that to you."

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

@Ultima

Outcast
ultima
The word struck her – disheartened. It wasn’t quite a slap but more like a flick to the nose, her eyelashes swiping once, twice with the faintest surprise; it was a loss of confidence, wasn’t it? A loss of drive? Diving into it, though, it felt more physical, like having the organ outright removed. With an involuntary shiver, she thought that crocodile teeth wouldn’t be any good for that – no precision, too wild. 

But then again, disheartening someone didn’t have to be a neat, methodical surgery. It was just as effective to let it persist over a long period of time, the muscle pulverized into fine red dust, slipping steadily through the neck of an hourglass or the gaps in a craggy jaw. There in the grass, staring both at and through the strange, taciturn man who’d appeared before her, Ultima felt that realization click into place like a long-lost gear. “Yes,” she thought, not realizing she’d spoken aloud. Her tone was not unreadable in its flatness – it was like plains, like seeing for miles and miles in every direction. The words echoed in her chest and then settled on the floor like Orangemoon leaves. 

“That’s right.” 

In this light she could almost perfectly remember the goldfish pond, wide and curved like a cup, brimming with pondskaters and watercress on the north edge. Beneath the surface was the constant flash of black and orange scales, scattering ripples like capricious raindrops. At night the ripples slowed, though. Then it was only her, and the lemon tree, and the smell of darkness like silver or mint. It was so real. So close.

And then her eyes flashed open, and again the memory flew away across the flatland for miles, miles, miles.

Nothing. For several moments, nothing. With time, though, the little determination that mustered in her shoulders fell away, leaving only the fledgling behind.

“And if I want it back?” she spoke again, softly, a faint wind threading through her rumpled forelock. “If it belongs to me, if I need it, if it’s my right?” Her breath fogged faintly, clouding as she turned towards him. 

“What then? Do I fight the world, sir? Is that what you do?”
command me to be well.

@ryouta

Tai
良克
Ryouta
In another year, in another life, I may have moved closer to her side as she shivers in the night from whatever mental imagery she wraps around her.  Instead, I stand like a silent observer as she takes the word I offer, carefully thinking over its meanings.

The small, delicate carving of a face looks at me, through me, toward some future time or perhaps the past, and it is unnerving.  I do not much enjoy being looked at, which is perhaps why I have given up all semblance of care to my appearance.  In my youth, I had cleaned my pelt often, giving life to the contrast of my coloring.  Now, I wear a cloak of dirt and grime to hide the attractive appearance in hopes that people will look over my figure, choose to not see it.  Thus far in Helovia, it has proven rather ineffective.

I let the silence settle as the fallen dove detaches herself from reality, her eyes closing.  I expected her to start crying, noble tears falling like glittering diamonds to the earth.  She does not, instead taking on the vision of a sleeping child.  My own eyes turn to sweep out on the fields bathed in the silver light of the moon.  The pale radiance reminds me of her coat, and it stings in my chest.  My face remains blank, my eyes dead, my posture relaxed.  When someone becomes the center of your world, it only makes sense the smallest things will draw your mind to them, again and again.

Instead of a throbbing, fast paced trill of a lovestruck idiot, it is a sharp stabbing of loss.

I turn my head lazily back to her as she demands answers of me, her small voice desperate and meek.  "I tried to fight the world," I say honestly to her, my eyes seeking the small, pale gems hidden behind her long lashes.  "I swam in the blood of those who took everything, but it only served to change me into someone else."

A smile, out of place and bleak, rests on my lips as I look toward the angelic creature of pearls and summer skies.  The expression seems to radiate a grim acceptance.  The face of a man who has lost his way, and given up finding the path home.

"I learned not how to retrieve what I'd lost, only to take what is not mine," my voice flat, the words turning toward a warning to the girl who fiercely wanted whatever had been taken from her.  It is a feeling I know all too well.  "I do not suggest following my example."

"It leads to nothing worthwhile."

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

@Ultima

Outcast
ultima
Sometimes she thought with frightening conviction that she could hurt him – Raistlynn – that she could beat him black and blue with star and stone and steel for all he had taken from her. But that was only the crocodile in her; she was not a fighter. She’d been born as snugly as a pearl in an oyster, lily-white and all-too-precious; she could raise her pettiness and her ache to a head and it’d be only as effectual as bringing flowers to a gunfight. Bang and the spring comes—Bang and the hothouse swells with a reel of violins—Bang, I move you with child’s tears and a spray of baby’s breath, bang—And even the wind coiling in her hair found it sad, and grew still. 

Ultima or Alph, or the in-between thing tucked into the tall grass and the damp earth, this was the full extent of her power. (She didn’t want more of it. She only wanted love, and a home, and faces to call familiar, but not those at the Edge.) Before he could answer, she already knew that a warpath wasn’t one she could walk, or fly.

All she could do was change, charged by circumstance. (She wanted only to be a top, spinning swiftly, swiftly, on her own.)

Day by day she had felt some part of herself slipping, like leaves shaking loose of the trees. Autumn was coming. Winter was too, and afterwards the spring would return and the leaves would grow anew. But they would not be the same ones, and the idea rolled a heavy shiver down her spine, smashing through her flatland like an earthquake. Reflexively, Ultima huddled into the crook of her wide white wings, drawn smotheringly flush against her shoulders and flanks, and stared at the man’s hooves, caked with mud and debris. When at last she spoke, it was so softly that it was nearly lost in the pale feathers, so small and frightened that she could barely recognize her own voice.

“What were you like before?”

Her eyes stung, glassy and tremulous, but unbroken.

“Were you better?” 
command me to be well.

@Ryouta

Tai
良克
Ryouta
Her coat had been pale, clean; her mane long.  The surface of her eyes clear and wet, but below the surface thin veils like gossamer pulled across her pupils and robbed her of sight.  She needed no visual sense of the world to become the axis upon which mine turned.
I think of her now, as I had many times since my arrival in Helovia.

The sun in my sky, the one that had died and banished my whole life into darkness.  Still, I find it difficult to regret the time spent with her.  To be destroyed, broken, bloodied and empty as she departed - the price paid had still been too low for what I had received.  It was a funny thought, something tickling the edges of my consciousness but never quite breaking through.  You may be wondering what it would take to wake me up, to shake me from the sleep that had enveloped my life since her passing.  I do not know; I do not wonder.  I simply am.

The soft-spoken words of the collapsed girl to my side do not shake the core of my existence.  They words fall, a soft rain lightly pattering on the window of my soul.  Tears of an angel dripping and slipping, beautiful when observed safely from inside, untouched by the storm of repentance outside.  I am safe, guarded by my own delusion and self-involved misery.  As long as I keep the distance, a vast expanse between me and this girl, I am safe.  She would not touch the heart locked away, and I am safe.
I am safe.  This is what I tell myself.

"I was a stupid child," I say with calm, level words and an even flatter face.  My two toned eyes turn in her direction, only to reveal the tiniest glimmer in the night, a sparkle of the truth.  I missed the stupid child of ignorance and happiness.  If time could be turned back, I would jump into my old skin, parade about my old life, live within the moments before the world came crashing down upon my back and fractured my spine.  "Better, definitely not."

A lie, every word a lie - the lie I tuck myself into bed with at night.  The lie I wrap around my face like a mask.  The lie I buried with her body on a summer night.
The lie is all I have now, bereft of love and family.

"Envying your past is counterproductive.  You cannot go back.  You can only move forward."

Or, in my case, remain frozen and emotionally stunted for the rest of your life.

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

@Ultima

Outcast
ultima
“Were you happy? Is it a crime to be happy? Is that what’s stupid about it? I was stupid, too,” she said, the words thick and slow like honey in her mouth, but far from sweet. (Or maybe they were, and she’d simply forgotten the taste.) She wasn’t even sure it was her mouth that had spoken, though the voice was certainly hers; her questions had the innocence and the peculiar intensity trademarked by children, and at his feet, staring up into his hooded eyes, a child she was. A pretty child. A fairly well-mannered one, too, if demanding. That was all she had ever been and it was all she had ever aspired to be. Flatland, carrying on in every direction, glorying in its flatness.

But now there were mountains, thrown up by plates shifting beneath her feet. “You cannot go back.” Now she knew the word ‘ocean’, “You can only move forward,” and she understood with frightening clarity that the true nature of the earthquake that broke her heart was the joy she found in the syllables. 

Stunned was a euphemism, but of course she was stunned. To pick up the pieces of your own nest and fit them back together, only to realize you’d compensated for lost parts with new ones, strange ones – to find that those new parts were happiness openly challenging the happiness you had before, as spring challenges the earth to begin again, similar to last year but still different— That was terrible, wasn’t it? It was frightening, wasn’t it, to realize that in spite of all fear, in your bones you were destined to seek and love change? “But I don’t want to,” she thought, burrowing tightly into her distress, folding smaller and smaller and smaller, “I don’t know how to, I, I don’t—I don’t—”

This time, she knew it was her mouth.

Her head snapped up swiftly, a single teardrop clinging to the lashes of her startled eyes as they found his. The little confessions hung between them like old fireworks, leaving ghost trails in the dark. For what felt like a year she was still as porcelain, gaze locked to his, that teardrop bobbing, bobbing. In her chest that heart seized, released, seized again. And then she blinked— The teardrop flew—

And it was gone.

Up to that moment, she’d had the nagging suspicion that this, too, was only a dream. Dreams spoke honestly, if one cared to listen; the man who’d been a steady testament to her wonder and her fear might have been a manifestation of the truths she carried, someone of the same breed and kind as the crocodile in her, though decidedly more gentle. Looking out over the fields now, though, she had to wonder.

“I hope,” she said at last, the introduction of some grand statement that in the concluding would decide for both of them. But she couldn’t finish it. Her mouth was open just so, mind as wide and empty and full, just like the night. I hope: what? I hope: for whom? I hope: why? Ah, she thought, mouth closing.

Finding his eyes again, Ultima smiled, delicate, but steady as starlight. 

“I hope.” 

And that was all.
command me to be well.

@ryouta

Tai
良克
Ryouta
The rebuilding of your life took a toll on your spirit. I had recreated my world once.
In the realm of Eikkahn, there had never been a year of peace in my life. Civil wars painted the land in varying shades of crimson from the moment of my birth until the moment I limped across the borders and away from a madman in a crown. I had been born to loving parents, though the edges of their faces blur in my memories when I try to focus in on those times. All I remember in the sound of their bodies collapsing on the soft earth.
I remember being spared due to my age, left alone in the world with rotting bodies of my guardians. Being young and resilient, it was easy to start new.

Especially after my travels brought me to her. I rebuilt the fragmented pieces of my former self, pasting them together, until every surface reflected her brilliant face and warm presence. My world began to turn around her breathing, the gilmmer in her sightless eyes when she smiled, the beating of my own heart when I stood next to her.
I knew what this girl meant, as she throws demanding questions at my face about happiness. It is not a crime to be happy, but the higher you allow yourself to rise, the harder the fall when it is taken away. I do not say anything, thinking I can hide in my silence long enough that she will stop drawing nearer and nearer to my soul.

"You already have," I say in response to her pleas against change. "Haven't you?" It was useless wishing to remain the same. Time wore you down, life wore you down, and inevitably, you would shift like the seasons. "There is no sense in fighting it."
Nothing can escape the meddlesome hands of time.

I hold her gaze, seeking the tears forming at the edges of her eyes. I allow her to view my blanked expression, to seek out the humanity she needed. I cannot say that I had not sought the same in my past. I searched the eyes of the world to find something to stave the growing despair in my heart, assuaged only in the soft expression of her face.
I no longer seek that comfort, leaving the shards of my life scrambled about my hooves in despair. Still, I cannot find it within my heart to take that away from this girl.
Strange. Very strange.

The tear flies, falling into the darkness of the night and disappearing from my sight. I am left instead with a bewildering vision, someone attempting to right themselves amid an internal storm. Her frail looking form changes to one that is strong. Her statement is cut off at the neck, and I am left to wonder what she means. My mind unfurls into a hundred possibilities, only to find myself at a loss for what it could be.

The smile which greets me on her face catches me off guard, sending a shiver to dance upon my spine. Piercing through the glass, touching me briefly and deeply for a moment. I blink, sending the feeling away, spinning into the distance where it belongs. I am afraid she might see through my nonchalance, the mask I wear to hide myself from the world.
I tear my eyes away from her face, not wishing to feel for a second time in one night.

"I hope you find your way."

""
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか

@Ultima

Outcast
ultima
It was the reason birds flew into windowpanes. Not ignorance, not foolishness. Not a shortcoming of a bird’s own making, for birds were such careful builders. It was only the world’s love of struggle. 

Perhaps a hundred times she had seen the tiny bodies littered around the Edge, chests pulsing frantically, the eyes glinting, wild, before falling flat and still. Talkative jays. Clever magpies. She had as many prayers for them as she did dread of the walls that bound them, even as the sky lurched above. But she had seen swallows skittering across the greenhouse roof, too, or very narrowly missing the ragged parapets of the wall, and that was what she felt then: the impact as her brittle bones struck the glass and buckled; the gravity of another defeat; but more than that, the realization that this time, she could nearly see over. 

“I hope you find your way.”

Next time. That was her smile carried, greenstick fractures, aching chest, and all. (Next time, whether this was a dream or not, we will be better. We will.) 

“And I you,” she said. (It was a promise worth keeping.)

He’d already turned away by then, something flashing through his face so quickly she thought she might have imagined it. Perhaps he was a dream, after all; she felt very much like she was reaching for the end of one, trying vainly to remember what a moment ago had been so vivid. (He felt like water to her. Water on the surface was placid and cool, but if you were very quiet and very thoughtful you could sense it: underneath, it was rippling and thriving and almost violent with life. Ultima, who had child’s eyes that missed many things but caught others in their golden nets, thought she might have seen that in him.) 

Eventually she contented herself with the wondering, her golden gaze drifting from the line of his cheek and out to the meadow ahead. It’s late, she thought, connecting the unfamiliar stars, staring back at the moon as it peeked through a veil of clouds. How long had they been here, talking? A few minutes? A few hours? She thought to ask (Where will you go now? Where is your road taking you?), and then held her tongue again; there was something tenuous hanging in the air between them, and if she said the wrong thing, she feared it might break.

So breathing out, the girl pushed herself to her feet, wings splayed for balance as the blood rushed to support her stiltish legs, gone numb with cold and worry. Immediately – It’s late, I have to be going, it was a pleasure to meet you – a wealth of niceties to draw the night to a close. Lingering a moment, though, she decided again that she dare not. (That was the thing with dreams. Because they were like you, of you, they understood even when nothing was spoken.) 

Tossing the hair from her face, she took one wobbling step, then another, stronger, and vanished back towards the treeline. Back to bed. Back to routine. 

Back to try the glass, again.

(Goodbye.)
command me to be well.

@ryouta c r i e s i didn't want this to enddd

Tai
良克
Ryouta
The words stung, ice shards dancing in the wind across fresh skin. Had I been lost this whole time?

I thought I had found myself in violence. I thought the pool of blood I filled around my hooves, my hocks, my shoulders, my withers, my neck - I thought that contained my spirit now. All the loved ones I had known were bled dry, why should I not seek the pieces of myself in the blood of others? Ah, but I knew. I knew the truth.

I wear the mask of a monster in Eikkahn. I hide my true face from others. I sought to chase them away, scatter them from my side, to keep that which I hold precious alive. The heart which I claimed before no longer beat, the one battered beyond repair (or so I would wish to believe), rested safely from the reach of others. If they were afraid, they would not come closer. When I came to Helovia, I suppose I could have started that murderous spree anew.

This fragile dove in front of me, I could crush her delicate bones and spatter the Earth with crimson blood. I could attempt to wash myself of all remorse in her death. But... something is different.
Here, I am no longer angry.
The fire which fueled the beast's desire to kill, the quell the unease in his spirit through violence has died. The wind came, swept the embers away, leaving me with nothing but ash.
Cold, dry, delicate ash strewn across the floor.

Now, I have nowhere to hide from the reality.
I am lost. My soul is missing; it left with her. I want to scream at this mare, the one I sought to comfort, for bringing it to my attention.
I cannot.

Instead, I stare incredulously outward, my eyes seeking some other reality in the world, but finding none. Her remark was honest, sincere, and kind. I could choke on the bitterness in my throat as it rises in protest, but find myself silent and still. I cannot look at her, even as I hear the movement of feathers and flesh as her body is righted.

I expected her to force upon me a goodbye, a promise of future meetings, worthless pleasantries so common among strangers. Much like when she blatantly told me of her discontent, however, she does not offer me platitudes and falsities. She simply leaves.

It is when I no longer hear the rustling of leaves as she moves through the forest that I allow myself to laugh - a broken trill in the night.
If I could cry, perhaps I would.

""

ooc -- Just wanted to tie this up. <3
誰がこの心のために殺されことを非難するのですか