the Rift

[PRIVATE] run this town

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I sit my words beside my throne.
You’re not alone. I’m not alone.
It was just after dawn, when Orangemoon allowed dew to stick around longer on the sparse bushes and grasses that dotted the Basin when the snow was nowhere to be found. The sun peaked across the tops of the mountains, sparkling down in glimmering shadows of the trees as they stretched long and thin across the stone sides. This was when the Thief emerged from her cave. Marembo was quick behind her, yawning and stretching his little lithe body, beady eyes turned up to his bonded to ask where they were headed today. Rexanna just smiled to the polecat and lowered her head to nudge the creature to the hot springs a bit further out from the location of their cave.

Marembo squeaked briefly in excitement, bounding ahead to try and create a gap between himself and the gilded mare, knowing deep down it wouldn’t take her long to catch up to her marbled companion. And it hadn’t. Quickly, Rexanna began to chase after the polecat, a soft smile on her face as she chased after the polecat, dropping slightly in speed to please the creature in thinking that he had won. Her ashen dipped legs struck the ground as she moved, her chains dancing and flying along her back with the movements of her speed. And when they had finally arrived to the hot springs edge, Marembo squealed to the mare in delight of his accomplishment. Rexanna chuckled lightly, coming to a stop before stepping past the polecat and dipping herself into the hot springs. It was always surprisingly warm, as a slight gasp escaped the Thief. With a shake of her head, she submerged herself for the most part aside from her head she lifted above the water. Looking to Remy for a second with a bright grin, the polecat reached out and gripped onto her gilded horn, pulling himself onto her face and settling in between her ears, standing and scouting much like a meerkat – rather ironic for a polecat.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Hotaru -insert generic happy starter post-
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
i didn't know myself until you changed me

Hotaru was a bit of a glutton when it came to the bubbling springs. There were more than enough and of ample size that she generally did not have to worry about waiting in line or some such nonsense. She was an Arabian, only the slightest dilutions to her royal desert blood, and though she loved her family deeply she understood why Romina despised the frigid climate of the Basin. With the autumn chill seeping in through the mountains, Hotaru knew she would be spending most of her free time in the springs once more, as she did most seasons. 

She almost ironically misses the Dragon's Throat, when Gaucho had briefly taken her prisoner. The sand and surf had appealed to her, the constant heat not as overwhelming for her as it may have been for others. Perhaps if she had friends there (or many friends at all) she would use visiting them as an excuse to lounge around in the appealing climate down there. Alternatively she could gather an entourage for a diplomatic visit, but that seemed a bit too dramatic just because the Valkyrie did not like the cold. 

So instead she sank deeper into the spring, smiling at Alice who was paddling in circles in the bubbling water. With the scent of natural steam clogging her perceptive nares, it was Alice who detected Rexanna's approach rather than the rosen woman. Beta is here! For a moment Hotaru didn't connect the dots, but a flicker of gold through the steam reminded her of the title Alice had given the thief. 

Unsure if she had been noticed, the Lady lifted a bit from the water, the wetted hairs dark strawberry as she called out to her dear friend. 

"Rexanna! Come join me!" Hopefully the lass was not busy, though she could surely spare a few moments for the pair that so adored her. 

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I sit my words beside my throne.
You’re not alone. I’m not alone.
Marembo kept his gaze above the water as Rexanna indulged herself in the warmth of the hot springs. It bubbled and billowed clouds as it reached toward the sky. The Thief found herself at peace for the moment, her ebony lids closing over oceanic orbs, humming lightly to herself letting the water bubble around her body. The warmth reached deep into her joints, warming every bit and piece of the soreness the Thief might’ve experienced that night in her cave. Her pale ears flicked sideways, hanging low beneath the comforting blanket the Hot Springs seemed to provide. However, a voice shouted toward her and Marembo lifted up his body to peer through the foggy clouds that erupted from the water as Rexanna’s ears perked to the sound.

The polecat squeaked, immediately knowing who it was and urging Rexanna to follow. He dove from her head into the warm water, swimming his way across in a strange mix of a dog and a snake, slinking and paddling in a heap of excitement. Of course, Rexanna followed, knowing that it was her dear Lady, someone she had learned to call one of her best friends in the Basin. She found a smile reach her lips as she remembered her first encounter with the rose mare, how she thought she hadn’t been doing a good enough job as a mere Phantom, but ended up being promoted entirely. Oh how naïve the gilded mare was now. “Hotaru!” She returned, breaking through the fog and following Marembo who swam over to Alice with a squeak of hello. “Isn’t this just wonderful?” She began, situating herself beside the rose gold mare. There they stood like the sunrise among the pink and golds that glimmered in the sky as the sun began to wake. “How’re you?” She began, tilting her head to face her alpha. “And how’s little Romina and Ru’in?” A smile was comfortably placed on her lips, remembering the beautiful deer-like children that Hotaru had birthed.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Hotaru :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
i didn't know myself until you changed me

Marembo's happy squeak was a familiar sound to the Valkyrie, and she smiled as she saw the lithe creature bound through the steam as if guiding Rexanna along towards her Lady. Admittedly the woman didn't know anything about his species, and she's taken aback when he leaps fearlessly into the water, sure that he will drown if only because of his physical composition. Yet like some odd mix of canine and serpent, Marembo instead took to the water like a duck. Or maybe Hotaru was just uncreative and attributing as many animals as she could to the slinky creature. But she could not help but dip her muzzle into the water and flick it skyward, aiming to splash the cute little critter that had delivered her Thief to her. 

Turning her wet smile towards Rexanna as she finally emerged, the Lady shuffled over to provide room for the golden woman in the bubbling waters, a clear invitation even though she'd already practically ordered the beauty to her side. Alice turned to grin toothily at Marembo as he swam towards her, phasing out of Hotaru's mind and her conversation with Rexanna, uninterested in it. Instead she dipped her wet nose into the water and began to blow bubble towards the polecat, hoping to entice it into playing with her for a bit. 

Hotaru turned and nibbled playfully at Rexanna's cheek, her smile natural and bright in a way very few were allowed to see. A deep, relaxed sigh of contentment escaped her pale breast and she closed her eyes with a happy hum. "It's amazing. I don't think I'll ever stop loving the springs, they've spoiled me for life." If she ever decided to leave the Basin - a terrible thought in the first place - she'd have to be pried out of the hotsprings by force. They didn't exist anywhere else that she knew of, and she doubted she could live without their pleasant, soothing bubbling. 

Her Beta inquired after her state, and the Alpha shared a tired but benevolent smile. "Tired. It seems our numbers dwindle more with every day, and I've challenged all our slacking soldiers only for them to disappear into the horizon in the wake of their loss. Deimos and I don't know how to proceed...I can't stand to watch the pack fall apart." She momentarily slipped up, Alice's canine terminology constantly impacting the Valkyrie. But focusing on her children was a far easier topic. Even if it made her smile drop. 

"They are each other's world, and for that I'm glad. But I can tell Romina is not happy here, and I fear Ru'in will follow her anywhere. They seem to have no real attachment to this place, and I fear they'll soon leave. Too soon. They are so young..." And it would break Hotaru's heart to say goodbye to them. Even if it was not permanent, as Ashamin's departure had been. It wouldn't be the same. 

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!