the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Get Lost...

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Excitement jittered between the mental bond that connected Edison and myself. It was to the point that I wasn't sure any longer who started the buzz of joy. Very well the emotions could have been washing off of me in waves that could be felt by anyone standing near me, but then they could come from the avian who was just happy that we were finally going to find a place to settle down and stop all of this mindless wandering that we had been doing. From the very tip of my midnight stained nose to the end of my travel tangled tail the nerve endings were lighting up and I could hardly keep all four hooves on the ground.

Edison wheeled overhead, sending mental images of all that was going on around us, once again I had screwed myself by travelling in the middle of the day. Thankful for the kite's sight I moved forward and unless you knew me, or stared deep into my lifeless moon eyes you wouldn't be able to tell that I was seeing nothing but black with the sun high in the sky. Orangemoon seemed to bring a wave of both life and death over the massive meadow that was normally colored in bright shades of purple and green. Colors that I wouldn't have normally thought would blend together so beautifully but in this particular location I thought it was quite fitting. But today, everything was a bleak brown, a sign that snow falls were on their way soon. Occassionally there was a sprig of green but those choice locations had crowds of equines surrounding it, taking in the last bit of life that the meadow had to offer.

A smile crept across my features as I continued moving along the treeline that would lead me to the Edge where I would be calling home here soon if all goes well. I saw no reason why it wouldn't go well, but life had fun ways of throwing twists and turns that I wouldn't expect at me. A growl erupted from my barrel, distracting me from my thoughts and forcing a laugh from the kite that soared above. Images of a grassy area, less populated than the others was shot through our mental bond and that was where I found myself heading.

Silently hoping that there wouldn't be any others joining us, but as the kite's talons stabbed into their familiar spots as part of me kind of hoped that company would join us so I could hold conversation with someone other than Edison's consistently grumpy ass.

"talk talk talk talk "

ON SOME KIND OF DRUG
put up the do not disturb sign
patriota--studios | @Alefwine @Esinakh | Sorry this is shitty, I hate starters and I'm rusty.
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
She was looking for brother. The small calf’s steps were disjointed and quick, skittering towards patches of greener grass in the meadow in an effort to avoid the dry, dusty parts. Rak left home so much more often than her… and, in a rare moment of bravery (brought about by a sudden, intense longing for her twin) she, too, had left the relative safety of the misted forests and their flowing streams.

But, as she ventured further and further into this broad, dry meadow, she was regretting such a reckless, rash decision with every frantic hoof-fall. Pale, pale eyes were round and ringed in white as her gaze darted around anxiously, searching for a large calf with wings and horns. Instead, though, she found a large body with a single horn. Along the tree-line a man moved toward a particularly large patch of green—the fidgety filly would have missed it if not for the stallion’s pointed, direct movements.

So, with restless movements of her small, slender, knobby legs and wings carefully tucked into her sides, she moved towards the man. Her nervousness had caused a few beads of clay to cluster along her spine, but she had not yet noticed them. Blissful ignorance what the approach her young mind had taken to her distressing passive magic—ignoring the clay that filmed her skin for as long as possible until it broke into her consciousness in a tsunami of panic.

Her pale, jittery eyes looked up at the bay stallion’s equally pale gaze. “Hello. I Esi. Have you seen brother Rak? He look like me,” her voice, though shaking slightly, was surprisingly clear and loud for one as nervous as she. Though she was not scared of the the stallion, she was afraid of the earth around her.
esinakh
bckg | image

@Roux

Please tag Esinakh.

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Something in you is yearning,
for where all the wild things went,
The dappled doe was in a sour mood because of her most recent interaction with a creature of the Flats. She had tried to talk to him, tried to appear kind enough to make a new friend, and yet the stallion hadn’t budged. Instead, after a few choice words, he lifted himself into the sky on his wings and completely left her there, deserted and alone once again. The thought caused the doe to snort as her ashen monochromatic body trekked across the Thistle Meadow. Her emerald gaze drifted aimlessly across the turning leaves and colors that had once been bright and vibrant with life during the excruciating heat of Tallsun.

A soft sigh passed her pink snipped maw as a creature caught her attention. Ears tipped forward, pale head shifting toward the sight as she looked upon a filly. Shew as monochromatic like herself, yet adorned with wings and a horn. Instantly, her head tilted and she followed the child. Wasn’t it too young to be out on its own? It definitely looked like it, the knobby legs and small stature of youth. Instinct took over the mare then, cloven hooves taking her toward the location she had seen the child go to. As she approached, she noticed the filly walk up to a scarlet man, and all Aelfwine could do was tilt her head. It didn’t look like he could be the father to the child? And perhaps had she listened in, she would’ve heard the words the filly asked the stallion.

Still, her worry edged her on. She made her way closer to the two, first looking upon the body of the filly to make sure she was alright before looking up to the scarlet man whose size was much like her own. They both were tall, and she allowed her emerald gaze to drift across his crimson pelt before a small worried smile crossed her lips. “Hello.” She began, lowering her heavy antlered head to the filly. “Where’s your mother, little one?” She questioned, acknowledging the fact the man here was indeed a stallion. Lifting her gaze to Roux she tilted her head lightly. “Is she with you?” She questioned quietly, realizing after the words had left her lips that perhaps she should have asked in a reverse order. Oh well, too late now to retract what she had already said.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
amidst a world made of cement.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Roux

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

A sharp talon digging into my flesh, pricking the desensitized nerves on my withers, notified me that I was no longer alone. Or judging by the images popping into my mind in quick succession, maybe even the sound of a clumsy creature moving through the dead grass, there were ways I would have been able to tell without the bird of prey's assistance. But, I was grateful to know that there was someone constantly looking out for me in these strange, magical lands.

Dark tipped ears shifted slightly in the direction of the newcomer, looking up only when the small creature tore through the dead grass into the patch of life I had found. The immense danger that Edison had warned me of was nothing more than a small child, an odd creature of black and white with horns that sprouted from the side of her head along with the feathered appendages of the sky rats erupting from her shoulders. I fought back the cringe that came naturally with the idea of one of my brothers or sisters copulating with one of those that felt more at home in the sky than on the earth like a normal creature. “Hello. I Esi. Have you seen brother Rak? He look like me,” Her child-like voice filled the air, infiltrating my ear drums as lifeless, moon eyes settled where the kite informed me her frame was. A soft, ghost of a smile tugged at a single corner of my inky lips just before they parted to allow words to fall forth.

The time never came though as the sound of another approaching distracted me from the company at hand. Maybe this was her brother? Or better yet maybe it was the small creature's mother. I didn't need to look at the mare to be able to tell that she was worried, worried for the child, or worried over something going on in her own life I wasn't sure of. But it was washing off of the antlered mare in waves as she stopped close to the odd filly. "Hello." A gentle smile swept across my features as I lowered my crown in a greeting towards the newest member of our little trio. Edison flashed images at this point, she was my height, a stunning dappled grey with odd white stripes coming from her back, antlers stacked proudly on top of her emerald jeweled tiara. She spoke to the filly for a moment before turning her attention back to me. "Is she with you?"

I wanted to turn up my nose and scoff at the idea that a child of mine could possibly have wings. But rather I shook my head no, and allowed my vocal chords to add into this conversation. "I'm afraid this child is as much a stranger to me as she is to you, lady. She came looking for her brother." My pointless gaze switched between the two of them, offering a smile to both before looking at the filly again, "I too am looking for my brother. My name is Roux, what might yours be?" With the start of the second sentence I looked back between the two ladies, hoping that they would realize I was introducing myself to the both of them rather than just the child.

"talk talk talk talk "

ON SOME KIND OF DRUG
put up the do not disturb sign
patriota--studios | @Aelfwine @Esinakh | <3
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
Her small, horn-nubbed head snapped around, the white-bars on her right side quivering as tension made her skin taught. Fuzzed, soft, white and grey ears strain forward, pale eyes wide and blank. But the woman who approached was clean. She did not throw dirt up into the air, as those digging the trench at home did. Nor did she show any inclination of touching the filly.

So, as the realizations passed through her small and young mind, the hybrid child relaxed. Curiosity even spiked at the worried smile on the antlered doe’s face. It wasn’t an emotion she was used to seeing. Mother wasn’t an overly concerned dam. She often was exasperated with her strange filly, though the child knew (felt) the love mother had for her calves. For all her children.

Grey-white eyes watch the woman’s own grey face closely, her unblinking gaze almost too intense in its scrutiny. The small body leaned forward slightly as she watched her green, verdant eyes move between herself and the red stallion. They were so green—unblemished and bright. Esinakh liked them nearly as much as her own, clean, clear, white eyes. “Momma is at home. In Edge,” her voice rang clear.

But her intent attention shifted to the man as he spoke, his voice so different from the woman’s soft lilt. “Roux is weird name,” her youthful, bright voice stated. There was no malice in her voice, just simple straightforward observation. She glanced sharply towards the bird on his shoulders, warily eyeing where his talons met his skin, “What that?” her mottled horns waved in the direction of the winged man, “Stay away.” The words were out of her mouth before she could say anything else, taking a half-step backwards.

She wanted those sharp, dirty talons nowhere near her withers. The clay beaded along her spine in larger clumps and her thin, blue-grey skin twitched at the sensation. Her tail twitched a few times, the mixture of grey, black, and white fluff brushed her dark and light barred haunches.
esinakh
bckg | image

@Aelfwine

Please tag Esinakh.

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Something in you is yearning,
for where all the wild things went,
Aelfwine let her emerald gaze dance across the blood red stallion, curious if the child was indeed with him. Yet, all she saw was him shake his head no, and tell her about it. Greyed ears tipped forward to catch the words he spoke, his gaze dancing between herself and the filly that stood before her. A small frown found her features briefly as the blood red stallion offered his name and in turn asked for theirs. Aelfwine lifted her crowned head, nodding to him. “Roux, pleasure to meet you.” She offered him, her words subtly coated with the accent of her family’s lineage. Yet, the child began to answer her question and so her attention dropped to the other monochromatic being. “Momma is at home. In Edge.” Aelfwine nodded. “My brother is in the Edge, perhaps yours might be too?” She asked quietly, before the filly began on Roux’s name.

A small laugh escaped her throat as her gaze landed back onto Roux. “I think Roux is a fine name. Mine is a bit weird. I’m Aelfwine, but you can call me Aelf if you’d like.” She offered to both the stallion and the filly, her gaze trailing between the both of them. Yet, the small motherly instinct that lay within the bare bones of the dappled doe began to yearn for the child as she soon grew afraid of Roux’s companion. Her brows furrowed lightly, head dropping once more to let her pink snipped lips aim to gently touch the clayed withers of the filly. “Shh, darling it’ll be okay.” She began. “He won’t let his friend near you, you don’t have to worry.” Aelfwine cooed, her gaze lifting to Roux as if to ask him to answer her back – in acknowledging the fact that the stallion’s companion was frightening the poor thing.

Do you think your brother is back in the Edge?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, her emerald gaze lifting to look upon Roux once again. “And where is your brother, my new found friend?” She asked, a small smile creasing the corner of her ashen lips.

"Talk."
a daisy in the cracks —
amidst a world made of cement.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Roux sorry its crap :|