the Rift

Refuge - [open]

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

One knows when they enter the Threshold. So many smells and faint voices cascading from one end to the other, swirling, swooning for a kiss. Cassius felt like hiding, he felt like bolting into and through it without much thought – and he would have! If not for the small suggestion that the people here were actually conversing. Talking, laughing, greeting… Sucking in a quick breath, he pursed his pale lips and held his breath. Coming to a still, closing his eyes – reminding himself that he was safe. That he could take comfort that he could feel the faint wind against his skin, or the smell of autumn upturned from the earth.

Though Cassius didn’t trust himself enough to assume so. And after the moment passed with the burning of his lungs, he could not shake the nervous flow of energy reaching every end of his body. It read all over him, from the sharp twitch of his leonine tail, to the pinpricks of those ears – wide eyes that sought to absorb as much as he could. The breath released slowly – without its cure. It was too much!

Before he knew it, those long legs had already ushered him forwards into that unknown. And Cassius meant to be careful, even though the world around him appeared just as unpredictable as the last one. Poised with his feet, maintaining the superficial appearance of one who danced often along the earth. Gallant, moving freely – of water and rolling mists. But over the course of a month or two, his mind had been filled with dread – of the doom hovering and licking at the hinds of his feet. The sense of urgency behind him would not easily erase. It was hunting him then, and for one who could so easily capture ease in the manner of his stroll, he appeared haunted and trepid by the things within him.

The sun began its descent, and it was with a mournful gaze when he realized that the light was quickly disappearing. The stallion may have been moving ahead, but he’d since lost his way and perhaps – he’d been travelling in circles. He couldn’t quite tell whether he’d gained distance or repeated it. Cassius was never very good with direction – he noted that then, forced himself to stop and settled beside a coniferous tree. It felt less lonely to have an object beside him, providing him with the illusion of cover and protection. While affording enough sight to see amply about.

“I don’t understand it,” his voice finally broke the silence – growing too old on him. Perhaps he might befriend the tree in the meantime? Cassius regarded the old, rough and gnarled bark – inhaled the piney scent and continued. “Circles? I’ve been going in circles haven’t I?” He sighed.

“I knew it…” The young rosy grey stallion chewed on his lip.

“Curses! You don’t happen to know the way, do you?”

Cassius giggled lamely. The sound of worn chimes inhabited the space with his voice. Dying off dryly into the clearing.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

[Image: tammetabletest_by_neverrmind-dahdrp9.png]

The Orangemoon Festival awaited; it was only a number of days until Tilney would set off with his band of companions. The unlikely bunch was picked and set, packed and ready. Precious Maude would venture for the first time to a new herd land, and it would be Ultimas first time in the Aurora Basin also, Aelfwines too! Oh, how excited he was to show his friends and family the land that was his former home, The land where his love for the mother of his child had grown the warm amidst the ice and snow.  
To distract himself from the sheer excitement of the trip, the flaxen physician took towards the threshold. There was naught else to do back home at the edge, and besides - more often then not there were weary travellers passing in and out of Helovias doorstep.

Across the thistle meadow Tilney skipped, his green cloak pinned around his breast. The lily flower gifted to him by that wicked serval at the Ancient Rotunda was worn with pride in his mane, waiting to be returned to the gods; but was it really Tilney if he was not carrying that creaky old lantern upon his antlers? Of course not, and that was the last of his accessories he wore that day - like his lantern ever left his antlers anyway.

Fog and mist was creeping in by the time the murky, foreshadowing glare of the thresholds tree line came into view; the sun was downing and mother moon was taking his place.
'"Aiya!" The flaxen lad chanted watching with wonderment as his lantern lit with a puff. Now he was equipped to trundle through the firs and pine. Given his night-blind state, it would of been quite disastrous to go in without the help of his god-gifted light.

It was not unusual to hear chatter among the trees here. Tilneys bronze ears piqued and turned, searching for the source of the voice. It was male, that was all he knew. "Good Evening!" Tilney called through the trees, grinning like a child when his echo came back to his ears once, then back a second time. It took a few wrong turns into badly crowded thicket for Tilney to finally find his usual route through the dark wood, finally coming across the sight of an ashen unicorn across a clearing. "Ah!" Tilney cheered "Found you!" was his next chirpy cackle.
The chestnut doctor broke his pace into a breezy trot, reaching for a slanted boulder wedged between two pines. He stood at that high point where a magnificent ray of sunlight would strike him (possibly the only one in view, apart from the glowing canopy). IT was not his intention, but he might of looked like Father Sun himself.

Taking a moment to study him, Tilney noticed that the stranger was quite handsome. He was young, he was a striking and unique colour too; a diamond that stood out from a bag of emeralds.
"Salutations!" Tilney cheered once again "I am Tilney-" he leapt from the boulder, cloven hooves crashing to the moss-covered earth with calculated precision before he made his pace closer to the ashen gentleman.
"-Welcome to Helovia!"

schwartze

!!! @Cassius

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

Good Evening!”

Cassius jumped in his spot, ears flexed against his skull as he circled his tree companion once – eyes searching into the far mists. “He… hello?” His breathes inevitably picked up, heart racing as that peculiar, tingling sensation prickled throughout his body. Like the voice ahead, his vocals sung back to him in an uncanny, faded tone. And wherever he searched, he could not make out form or noise from beyond the trees that encroached upon the clearing.

“They… they sound rather nice and friendly though. Don’t they?”

Cassius imagined the tree to shrug, to give an impartial inclination – forced to endure the stallion’s presence without want or desire.

Those honey brown eyes finally caught the light hovering above the ground. And with a cringe, he resisted the urge to run from what was clearly a spirit approaching from the ether world.  Fortunately a figure emerged, aglow from the soft light perched within its impressive set of horns. “Oh… oh my.”

”Found you!”

Cassius blinked, uncertain of whether he should be relieved or warned by the hearty mirth in that reply. Nonetheless, he was preparing to bolt should the stranger be one of the Lord’s men. The young man prayed to the gods for strength, for good fortune, for safety– the gods of this land or the one before it, any god - who might catch wind of his pleas. It wasn’t as if Cassius had murdered for a living, or inflicted much evil upon the lands – they could at least look down upon him, and impart some kind of pity couldn’t they?

He pressed his side into the tree, tail twitching. Like a child he cowered briefly as the muscled, golden hued stranger reached the bolder. It reminded Cassius of the lords, and how they often made their appearance as one above platforms and fancy spires. But it was too early to tell whether this stranger was quite in fact a lord, or a master – or what have you. And besides, as he took that time to regard the other – he found him to be quite alluring to stare and gawk at. Besides those silken, ivory locks – the stallion appeared quite confident above all else. Or perhaps that was the light streaming through the canopy? Highlighting the ample tone of muscle, and health spread across his body.

Once more the stranger spoke in exclamation, startling Cassius from where he stood with a twitch of his hears. He raised a brow as the grand stallion made his way through the air, and – Cassius, half expecting the forests to break out in Gregorian chant – followed the stallion’s eyes quite uncertain what to expect from him.

“Heh…,” he’d lost his words. And such uncertainty seemed to diminish Cassius’ sense of being. For he felt not just the eyes of Tilney – as they mentioned – but the eyes of the forests, the trees and the things that inhabited the mists and the shadow. With a swallow he nodded, a thin smile curling across his face.

“Well hello there… - ah! Greetings!” A nervous laugh escaped him. For a voice that was already quite light, broad and lyrical in its pointed warmth, it squeaked slightly in response.

“The name’s Cassius. A pleasure to make your acquaintances Tilney.” Quietly, he took another deep breath – hoping the other stallion wouldn’t notice. As it was, Cassius couldn’t help notice how fearful he must have seemed. How out of place, and timid by the world he may have appeared. Perhaps he could change that? Could he? Cassius was hopeful, however – with the journey behind him and the thoughts that crowded his head, the very thought was far from realistic.

“Helovia? That’s a pretty name… Helovia.” It rolled off his lips, a whisper he breathed out into the open and finally broke his gaze from the stranger. Finally recognizing the unique, pale marking against their leg and shoulder. Like a tree, it was a tree! Imprinted against the golden-hued canvass. The grey stallion shook his head, and raised his eyes to Tilney apologetically.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare… I’ve, I mean – the marking is very unique. I haven’t seen that before.” A brief pause, “Unique as in pretty, nice… hah…”

@Tilney

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
It's said she's made of storm cells
and a wild wolf's hungry heart
Kiada was angry with the serval from the Rotunda. She was angry that her brother had seen through her flaws. She was angry that she had allowed such cracks in her usual façade. The child was still young, but she was trying to be so much older than she was. She was already two seasons old now, she needed to start learning things – and quickly. Khairi flew above her as the sun began to set, pleased with the light that emitted from his bonded as Kiada walked along familiar paths. The flames that licked along her spine were a mix of lions and wolves, a show of her courage for braving the Threshold after being turned down every time, and anger at her thoughts. She was growing taller, now. She wasn’t quite the filly sized companion she was before, and where the tuft of fur lined her neck and tail, it had begun to grow out. Small trails of fur made up her tail, as well as a rather floppy appearance to where her mane would soon grow into took place. Her white forelock was beginning to grow longer as well, and her horn was nearly twice the size it had been when she was born. She noticed the slight spiral to it, as well as the curve as it reached further toward the sky instead of straight like Mother’s did. She was beginning to realize how much like Father she appeared.

It didn’t bother her, though. She adored her father from the one night she had spent with him. And she held on dearly to the time she might meet the large King again. For now, though, she wandered. Her back emitting a small amount of light for her oceanic gaze to take in as she followed scents. And soon, she found herself wandering into a group already. There were two creatures, a pale dappled stallion that wasn’t as tall as her father was, but curious enough was Kiada to try and figure out if he was from Helovia or not. But Tilney was there, the tree marked man from the serval gathering. The man who had gotten his wish to speak with the gods, and for that she was partially jealous. She did her best to not let it affect her, using her practice with Romina on keeping her emotions under control. And so she stepped into the field of view with lions leaping along her back in the shape of fire. She had heard Tilney say welcome to Helovia before she had appeared, and was fairly set that the pale dappled man was the newcomer.

Khairi let out a gentle coo of hello as they stepped in, just about the time the pale man had finished speaking. He swooped down to her, landing along her back in familiar already scarred parts. She smiled to the two, dipping her ink dipped head slightly in a means of hello. “Jambo!” She called out to the two of them, the word learned from her dearest father in the time she had spent with him. “I’m Kiada, this is Khairi. We’re from the Aurora Basin.” She noted, motioning her head to Khairi as she introduced him. The white bearded vulture squawked a hello to the two as he settled, his orangey gaze drifting from Tilney to the man she hadn’t quite gotten the name of yet. “Are you looking for a home?” She asked, tilting her head – her tuft of mane flopping over as she did so. Her voice was soft and innocent, eyes wide and bright as she tried to finally accomplish the job she was determined to do every time she stepped foot into the Threshold.

"Talk."

Jambo = hello
that she's learnt the lightning's secret—
to ripping darkened skies apart.
Kiada
image | coding

@Tilney @Cassius :D hope you dont mind my babe joining <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

[Image: tammetabletest_by_neverrmind-dahdrp9.png]

Tilney found the young man's gaze patched firmly upon the tree marking on his shoulder - the flaxen lad could only smile and extend his leg, shaking his mane from the branches that extended up his neck so his new friend might see the splash in its entirety. "A strange marking is it not? It has been worn by members of my family for generations".
Cassius was his name and he seemed just past the threshold of boyhood; the same age Tilney was when he crossed the threshold perhaps? In truth Tilney had no real concept of his age, only that his birth had occurred some time in what Helovians dubbed Tallsun - A boy of the sun since birth.

Cassius remarked on the beauty of the soils name, and it only caused Tilney to give a cheerful laugh. "Oh my friend," the physician began "If you think the name is beautiful, just wait until you pass the threshold. There is much beauty to behold here!"

"My home is in a herd land to the west of the realm. Our home is in magnificent forests and lakes laid upon towering sea cliffs! Luna's Butterflies light the trees, lakes, fields and waterfalls all night - truly a dreamscape! You have not seen true beauty until you have visited the World's Edge!"

"Speaking of which, Are you in need of a place to stay? Surely you are weary! and are you injured!? I am a doctor!"
The moon doctor glanced over the shane unicorn standing before him and prayed he was in good health.  It was then that they were joined by another; someone Tilney had seen before. It was that striking filly, the one who reminded him of none other then Rexanna and his beloved king Tembovu. This time he would not be so rude as to let himself go unintroduced or ask after her parents - she looked exactly like two people he cared greatly for.

Kiada; that was her name.

Tilney found himself peering into the lass's blue eyes and found both King and Thief looking back; He had no doubts now.

"Kiada, My name is Tilney"
"I believe I am a friend of your parent's. It's a pleasure to meet you"
the patriarch smiled towards the girl and gave a nod, hoping he wouldn't scare her by his sudden introduction.

schwartze

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!!!
!!! @Cassius

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

A soft smile settles on the young stallion; warmed by the thought of families, the simple marking and its ties to the stallion’s bloodline. The deep-rooted hurt no longer penetrates an emotionally fragile boy, no. The brightness in his eyes is not clouded by his experiences with death. Not yet, the warmth he feels recalling his mother’s voice, and his father’s protective scent traps him…

His warm eyes blink several times, breaking his thoughts from the nostalgia – fickle, comforting thing that it was. The line of his mouth breaks into a half grin, innocent and amused by the stallion’s enthusiasm. Whether it was out of relief, or the surmounting release of his stress, Cassius laughs. A voice that jingles, worn by his travels, his worries, his hopes and regrets – casting off as the doctor concluded his pitch.

“Ah- you could say that. I mean, I have no where else to go.”

He was about to say more, until a young one entered their space. Followed closely by some sort of raptor – one that Cassius did not recognize. He couldn’t help but stare at it; curiosity peaked by the odd beardy tuff along its chin. Or the dark, angry kohl outlining its eyes, altogether frightening and whimsical.

Cassius dips his head towards them in greetings. “Hello Kiada, Khairi.” The stallion stared at the companion for a second longer, before returning his gaze to the pair – trio. Oddly enough the girl had propositioned him the same thing as the stallion ahead of him. It was a different, new feeling that started to infect him; the sense of adventure, a new beginning – and above all else, freedom. A man of his own will.

“I was just about to say I do. I suppose… I would much like a home. With friends and a new family.” His voice wavered briefly towards the end. But he quickly picked up his energy with a bright smile and a nod.

“Tilney was just telling me all about… about – the World’s Edge? Yes. If you would be so kind, I would love to hear about your home Kiada.”

But before he could become completely silent, he frowned with thought – his pale face furrowing as his emotions became more apparent. Less strained, rushed and lacking substance.

“If… if you two wouldn’t mind. To make this easier for me… I hope it’s not too forward to ask. But I would like to know what you think is the best thing about your herds, and what you believe needs working on. The good and the bad – or perhaps, the not so bad… Perhaps you could tell me.”

He hoped he hadn’t just cut off his chances of a good home. But if they were offering, and if they were people he wanted to spend the future with; surely a few simple questions wouldn’t offend them?

Unless…

Cassius would indeed find out. And for the time being he watched them with the gaze of a prudent, albeit timid outsider.

@Tilney  
@Kiada [sorry for the delay guys! thanks for being so patient! :F ]

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

It felt so good to be back within the reaches of Helovia. My body quivered in utmost pleasure of being back within the welcoming depths of my birth home. I wasn't here to go and find precious family and cry the tears of lost time between us; oh hellz naw, I was here to finally start what I wanted to so long ago. I of course would start in the threshold, because all of the succulent specimens always gathered there; a clean slate for my personal corruption and control. A purr rose in my throat as my developing legs gracefully carried cream and silver form, the sleek blue of Mordred complimenting me oh so well. He had grown so much since our meeting nearly a year ago, and his yellow beak so lovingly cupped at my mane tenderly as chirrups left his throat. He had come to favor me and my demanding ways; as all men around me did.

My nostrils flared in order to find my first victim, the silver of my eyes lighting up brilliantly at the smell of a new decadent musk. Ears pricking in the direction of the scent I turned hoof and practically hovered the earth with each tender step, a pleasantly devious smile on silver lips as I prepared my usual introduction. The one that would bring him to his knees for me. Yet of course my excitement nearly vanished at the scent of others, orbs narrowing and teeth gritting beneath the soft velvet. My stealthy approach would not work this time. I would need to recalculate, and so I took pause near the edge of the trees in hopes that it could save my some time. Tossing my mane effortlessly to give it a more tousled look, I batted my long lashes and listened intently; drinking in any information I could use to my advantage. Names were spoken, one important and two certainly not; but what grasped my attention was this Cassius's question that gave me perfect segue way to intervene:

"Oh please excuse my intrusion, but I do believe it's the Dragon's Throat that's all the rage these days!"

Halting pleasantly before the three, my height nearly reaching all but one of theirs despite my younger age and growing feathered limbs. My hips were not so wide to express my maturity as of yet, but when I moved I held a certain allure that showed many that I would indeed be a beauty. Age was but a number after all correct? Batting my eyes deliciously I looked to the newcomer; his clean scent invigorating to my senses as I knew it was he who had not yet been marred by Helovia. I still kept a smile of confident innocence, and once acknowledging who was truly important in this conversation I continued, "Forgive my poor manners! I am Merlin, it's a pleasure to meet you... Cassius was it? Quite a lovely name." The last part rolled off in almost a purr, and my eyes never once left his or his ashen body that I couldn't help but find to be so alluring. But I would have my fun with those thoughts later; for now, it was all business.

"The Throat is a vast desert, filled with many strong warriors and loyal healers. Our leaders are kind and just; and despite the heated sands we have an oasis to call sanctuary. One can definitely get hot there," I winked playfully, simply not able to control the desire to flirt with him that swelled within my petite chest. It would swell in size as well as I grew older, but until then I would make up for it with my stunning personality. Offering my muzzle to touch his, I restrained the quiver that nearly overwhelmed me as I grew closer to his scent. Patience Merlin, patience. You would have your fun soon enough. With my tresses playfully swishing against my hips, I spoke again in a slightly softer tone; eyes asking with an innocent want; one that could easily be mistaken for the desire of a companion back to my herd, "I've just returned home after some time away, but I'm sure once we arrive they would pleasantly welcome us. What do you say big guy? Shall we?" I was not leaving without him, because that would mean losing; and I was not a loser.

@Cassius

"Speak"

Merlin 
 I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits Table base by ChaoticMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Following the soft glow that is surely that of a lamplight, the oceanic pair weaves their way carefully through the dusky twilight, the mare’s cloven hooves following the guidance of the terrain. It doesn’t take them long to cross the distance that had separated them from the voices. Soon enough the blue mare is stepping through the final line of trees, where faces—some familiar, and some who she has yet to meet—are standing there to greet her. White eyes are naturally drawn to the antlered stallion and spotted filly, a soft muzzle offered to them both. “Kiada, and Tilney! Hello, my friends,” Tiamat smiles affectionately, curling her lion tail happily before broadening her attention to the others.

One is an adorable little girl to seems to be around Kiada’s age (and rather well-spoken, from the last snippet of dialogue she had caught), and the other is an attractively dappled stallion (who seems to be the center of the little crowd’s attention). “Quite a handsome gathering we have here,” Tiamat looks to each them with a thread of laughter in her voice, settling comfortably among them while her young companion lingers towards her flank.

“I couldn’t help but overhear your last bit of conversation; I, too, am from the Aurora Basin. My name is Tiamat, and this is Nimue,” she gestures towards the bashful Leviathan, who gives a low, quiet whistle. As she speaks, the Mender directs her words mostly towards the rose-gray man, though her attention does not exclude the others. She gives them all a friendly dip of her curved horn, lashes fluttering against her cheeks as the white of her eyes glitter in the magical glow of Tilney’s lamp.

Shifting her weight, Tiamat then angles her body slightly towards the pale stranger. “I would love to tell you about my home,” a warm smile is offered to him before she continues. “The Basin is located up north, tucked away in a beautiful valley. Every clear night you can see the northern lights, and although it can get quite cold, there are numerous ways to stay warm. I have lived in the mountains for several years now,” the blue mare’s voice lilts with affection, and it is clear in every line of her demeanor that the Basin is much more than a simple place to live. “It is very dear to me,” she sighs happily, hoping that wherever this man ends up, he comes to feel the same.

notes; I figured since Kiada is now technically in the Edge, I'd throw in Tia if you don't mind :)
NIMUE REFERENCE
“Speech.”
like the ocean kissed the sky
@Cassius | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

Before an answer could be ushered forth, another individual approaches the gray stallion. It’s overwhelming for the fellow to receive so much attention. It makes him flounder; step back to accommodate the growing crowd. It leaves him with a half grin, bewildered and surprised.

“O-oh? The rage eh? Heh…” He tilts his head, and politely listens to the young girl. She does this thing with her eyes, and the stallion finds himself dumbfounded by the action. She’s far too young, pretty thing that she is. But how does one take flattery gracefully? The stallion chuckles nervously as she purred. “All is forgiven. Thank-you, I quite like it myself. Ah- a pleasure to make your acquaintance Merlin.”

He forgets to reciprocate that her name is unique and interesting as well. But there’s far too much happening, questions swirling and tumbling in his head. The people, the people were all beautiful! How could he possibly make a choice now?

Cassius smiles sheepishly as she describes her home, winking. Would it be creepy if he winked back? What did it really mean… He tries his best to be jovial, and smiles sweetly to the girl with the honeyed skin. “Thank you, Merlin. It seems quite lovely – I suppose.” But he can’t say if he’ll actually go. If he can make the right choice, and it twists in his gut with an excited zeal far too strong to resist; he no longer feels tired and worn from his travels.

She extends her muzzle, and he supposes the polite thing is to tap her muzzle back. Cassius hesitates, not one for physical contact. But he pushes back his own discomfort for the sake of the girl’s customs. Extending his muzzle, and brushing briefly. Drawing back, he takes in her offer. His eyes are clouded with thoughts, clearly etched in the way his brow stiffens and his lips tighten so very briefly.

The stallion is about to answer, but another joins their gathering. His tail twitches, swaying more often as he moved back to accommodate them. Placing a quiet, tempered smile upon his features; he can’t let them know how overwhelming all of this was.

But the effort is lost when he sets his eyes on the mare’s companion. “Oh my… That is truly remarkable!” Stepping into Helovia was like stepping into one big candy shop.  So much to choose from, not enough lifetimes to taste. “Nimue was it? And… Tia-mat.” Respectfully the stallion bows in greetings. “I hope I pronounced that correctly?” She carries the ocean with her, he can smell it; salt, and what must be the seaweed that threads through her hair.

So begins her offer. Something about her tone captivates the young stallion. And he can’t quite distinguish if its faked or genuine, but it’s real and it’s something he desires. He smiles warmly as she finishes, nodding.

Cassius takes a careful, measured inhale. Casting his gaze between those who have joined with him. And breathing out quietly as his thoughts crinkled his brows, and gave a weight to his gaze. He speaks without thinking, his heart leading his voice without a second thought.

“Truly… I- I am most grateful for your offers. It must be such a gamble here… in a place like this.” Gestures to the forests, where he can hear murmurs now and then, muddled scents saturated in the air. The gray stallion can’t help but press his side into the tree he stood beside. “I hope you don’t find offence. But I wish to accompany you Tiamat. To the Basin.”

@Tiamat    - sorry, had to move this along, and to the Basin!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean mare can only imagine how overwhelmed the dappled stallion must be feeling. Even though it has been several years ago now, she still remembers her own first day in Helovia, stumbling from the shores and into the Threshold on that fateful, rainy day. She hadn’t received the little crowd of welcome that this man here has—only one face had greeted her: a kindly mare who remains to be one of her closest friends and mentors. All the same, the adventure of experiencing a whole new world is something that doesn’t get forgotten easily.

A broad smile brightens the young Mender’s features when Cassius praises her seafaring companion (exclaiming a wonder that the oceanic pair has happily become accustomed to). “She is, isn’t she?” Tiamat’s expression softens tenderly as she glances to her flank, where Nimue peers out at the strangers, staring at the rose gray stallion with her shy, curious gaze. Turning again to her horned company, she reciprocates his polite greetings, the shells in her hair chiming together when she nods her head. “You did, good sir! And if I overheard correctly, your name is Cassius?”

As he falls into a moment of quiet contemplation, it is obvious that he does not take this decision lightly. Tiamat appreciates his deliberation, wanting him to find the happiness that she has found in her own home. When at last he announces his decision, she offers a grin large enough to make her teeth sparkle in Tilney’s lamplight. “Of course, to the Basin!” She mimics his final statement with laughter in her voice.

Shifting her pale eyes momentarily to the others, the ocean mare extends a velvet muzzle to each of them, exhaling a warm breath. “I hope to see you again soon, Kiada and Tilney—it was a pleasure, Merlin. I wish you a safe journey home,” she hopes she had heard the young filly correctly—in any case, genuinely wishing the girl a safe trip to wherever she might be heading. Tiamat finally focuses on Cassius, angling her shoulder as she smiles kindly. “Come, my friend,” arcing her lion tail, Tiamat turns to guide him to the Basin—to home.

notes; I'll get a thread up in the Basin asap!
NIMUE REFERENCE
“Speech.”
like the ocean kissed the sky
@Cassius | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.