[OPEN] Two egg of uncertainty

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

Aithniel was oddly proud to be carrying the child of Gaucho. Though many others had gotten that opportunity, she knew that hers were special. The moment they shared was passionate and hungry, a flame of its own, and a child conceived from such heat could only be blessed by her father. The child would be of the sun, of the light and flame. Both old flame and new. First and second. Blessed. Heresy would never fall upon their lips, and their hide would tremble with the evidence of their lineage.

Through her body, she would be giving life to the dead once more - a phoenix from the ashes. So, though her sides were round and she was weighted down, she returned to the Dragon's Throat and stood beneath the large branches of the sacred tree. In the broad light of day, she fell to her knees, bowing beneath the strength and beauty of her own child-carrying state. Truly, this was an out-of-body experience. Her first child had been delivered in its egg with all the earthly pains and anguish of the world.

But this one... She felt alive! Every contraction was to be praised. Aithniel did not grind her teeth or shiver. Instead, she lifted her muzzle to the sky, expression one of pure serenity. Gaucho and the Sun God would watch her now and be proud. With a deep breath, she purged two eggs from her body! Not just one. Two! Twice the blessing. Two children to carry on the lineage of the great Gaucho and the Sun God himself. No matter what turmoil would arise in the Dragon's Throat following the leader's fall, here, Aithniel would remain to serve in exchange for these great gifts.

The mare remained by their side, watching them with suspicion. One wing draped over the two, perfect orbs as she remained laying down, and she would rise to eat or drink, her noble griffin (now almost fully grown), would stand guard in all his golden, fiery glory. Aithniel stood by even now as night fell, moving sand around them so that they would remain warm even as the temperatures plummeted and the moon rose. Aithniel would be here when they woke; she promised them.

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

@Odd

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Not that the small newly-birthed child had anything to compare it to, but comparitively speaking, being birthed as an egg was definitely the way to go. Although the sides of the round and ever-hardening encasing he found himself in were squeezed slightly, there was no gnashing of legs or collapsing of bodies. There was only a momentary feeling of weightlessness as his egg fell to the sand, and then a weight that he had never before experienced. It was as if while in Aithniel's womb he had been protected from gravity, and now that he had been birthed, that protection was no longer.

Following the instinctive need to be out, the boy tried to expand. His pale wings which had been layed tightly against his growing body, now pressed out. However they were incredibly weak. His cloven hooves tried next, pressing outwards from his small body. To accommodate this motion his back and neck arched, allowing his two horns to press against the shell as well. This combined motion did the trick, and a crack formed in the egg.

Exhilaration rushed through the small boy, and he repeated these actions until bits of the egg fell away. Eventually, he was revealed to the midnight world, which was likely a blessing. His green eyes had only ever looked out upon darkness, and the twilight sky was a far better transition than bright daylight might have been. Despite the hour of the night, the newly birthed boy appeared to lay in a pillar of his own light. His body glistened dully with sunshine, despite the fact that the sun could not be seen.

The child turned his head, adorned with the golden horns of his grandfather, towards the pale figure standing nearby. An eye barred with Gaucho's sunray marking regarded her silently but inquisitively.

Though he would shed his youthful neediness rather quickly, for now, the boy could do nothing other than give into his base desires and instincts. There would come a day when Aithniel's communal child-rearing would be understood and welcomed by the pale child, but today there could be no other. It was her that he needed.

"Mmmmm-" He mumbled, rocking forward onto his spindly knees and awkwardly raising himself to a standing position. Balance came and went, and the boy fell several times as he tried to make his way over to the demigoddess and the nutrients he somehow knew were stored inside of her.

birthing posts are the WORST.
TY <3

mathèo
When the white flag sails, covered in streaks of blood
There'll be an endless sea, of us rising up.
Image Credits

Luther Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 hh :: 3 months
tamme
LUTHER
"Sleep with the feathers of angels stuffed beneath your head"
He was alive.

Some parts of your personality are inherently you, not shaped by your environment. He felt within his bones this part of him that awakened - this inherent thing that made him who he was, and he was more or less indifferent. The boy didn't analyze or over analyze his lot in life because there was no point. He existed now and his immediate plans of action were to figure out exactly how to survive and then eat because his belly was stirring.

There was a presence next to him as well - another small, warm thing. He narrowed his orange, demon's gaze at the gray figure, blinking mucus roughly from his eyes. Deep inside, just like he knew himself, he knew that this was his brother. No matter what, they would share a bond, a tie between them. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, the connection is there regardless.

Struggling to stand on his own, the boy snorted anxiously, wincing from the bright daylight as his mother moved her wing from the sun's rays. How.... beautiful. Instead of eating, he stood and stared at the horizon, in awe of the size of the universe and his tiny place within its magnificence.

He was a spec in the ocean, but one day, perhaps, he could be a whole wave. There was a drive inside for something better and greater. He hoped, one day, to attain a mantle, though he honestly did not care about good or bad. Even from his infancy, Luther was wholly unconcerned with the right, wrong, good, bad or even most emotions. Power and strength determined those.

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine

They called me.....Night Wing!

Nah, nah, scratch that. it's horrible, and too close to Mr. Mesec's anyway. Gotta. Be. O-ri-gi-naaal.  Black Blade? LONE RANGER!? No Castor, stop those names are terrible. Ok, background info for the reader here: I was fairly certain that in my life at lease two things would occur. First, I would fly (like hot damn can I not wait for that it looks so friggin cool and mom says it's amazing) and second I would have some kickass name (other than Castor, duh) that EVERYONE would know me by. 

Tonight seemed like a good time to prepare for both, so whilst brainstorming I was cruising through the night like some masked avenger and basically flying already...... No Really. I was totally doing it. (Watch me flap, now watch me neigh neigh.) OH FINE if you want to be so heckin technical about it I was not flying. Happy now, ya filthy animals?! I was running, wings stretched as far as they would go out to my sides and doing these kind of little hops as I went. Truth is it probably looked a little silly, but it was really really neat! I would kinda glide for a foot or two, and then catch myself on the ground still at my tiny-ass gallop but I could feel the wind on my feathers. Mom says it's important not to fight the air, that you gotta work with it and know how to respond to it's changes. I'm not sure what all she meant by that. but i felt it was safe to say this was a good introduction. Hi Air, I'm Castor, it's nice to neet you. Let's be buds and wreck shit up together. 

Run, run, hop! Run, run, hop! Run, ru--OOH LOOK A SHINY!! There was a beam of light not far off, like Mom's magic did, but a little less "BLAM!" and a lot more ~sparkle~. Naturally, I went to ward the light. It didn't occur to me, even when I saw them, that maybe this was a bad time for company. I mean, I'm barely two seasons old, what do I know about tact? I know nothing and dagnabit that's why I have to ask questions. Duh. "Hi!" I said to the (nice?) lady and then regarded the two other kids with a wise and discerning eye. "They're pretty small, are they new?" The eggshells on the ground didn't even register.

Castor
I prob’ly shouldn’t brag, but, dag, I amaze and astonish!

@Aithniel o_o VANQUISH HIM NOT FOR SUCH A TRIFLING OFFENSE

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
we could be immortals - just not for long
You stumble into the birthing ground quite by accident.

You're looking for rocks. The Gaucho golem sorely depleted your stores, and so you bring it along, because shoot, nobody else seems to want to do anything with it, and its wings make a perfect little nest for your stones.

And because despite all your claims of adulthood, you're really just a sentimental kid who isn't ready to say goodbye to his Da quite yet.

So you limp through the dunes, stopping here and there to pick up a particularly interesting piece of rock, or dig out a metal deposit, or just take in the view (meaning: rest, because you're still pretty damn weak), the golem tagging along dutifully. You chat with him as you wander through the short day and into dusk, and as the sun begins to sink into the sea you turn, ready to retire for the night. That's when you see the light and, ever curious, decide to investigate. Maybe they're doing something at the new temple, you wonder, completely unaware of the direction said temple is actually in. Or maybe someone lit a bonfire. Or someone found out a new magic.

Either way, it would be an adventure.

The sight that meets you is not what you expected, but pretty cool nonetheless. You haven't seen any births besides your sisters', and if it hadn't been for the collection of shells that surrounded the new family, you might not even have known what it was. But you recognize the mare and her griffin, and you love foals. A lopsided grin on your face, you take a careful step forward-

-and then a brown colt burst onto the scene, and the boy could swear he was having Deja Vu, because there's no way that wasn't him.

Just, y'know, younger. And with two wings.

If you weren't you, the sight of him (so much like you, yet everything you aren't) might have made you bitter. Instead your grin grows wider, and you draw closer, the golem lingering about 20 feet behind. You turn to the bigger boy, a serious expression on your face, something approaching gravitas but not quite. "I hope you're gonna set a good example for 'em, young man. Full maturity. Manners. Bein' bigger is serious business."

(Big words indeed for one so short).

You maintain this solemnity for a moment longer; then you can't anymore, and you laugh.

You look on Aithniel and her children then, sunbeam eyes bright. "They're great! What're their names?"

image credits

@Aithniel
Golem Gaucho is just creepin' with Zero because nobody's assigned him a home yet

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

Aithniel watched as the eggs hatched into night and day. Both of them were boys. She couldn't be more proud as she stared upon the two children with a swelling chest and Gaucho's memories firm in her mind. How better to honor his life than by filling this living world with two boys of his seed? The lighter one was eager and seemed to be Gaucho's better half - a true child of the Sun. The second boy seemed to be born of Gaucho's violence and strength.

It was like seeing two parts of her idol separated into two beings...

Beings that were half of her.

She brought herself up from the ground where she had been laying and swished her long, lion's tail around her hocks. Gently, she approached the two creatures who aimed to stand, not helping them until they truly required her attention. Better for the boys to learn now that they had to stand on their own hooves than be surprised later in life. Aithniel stood still, however, as they nursed from her body, and she watched in thinly veiled amusement as another small creature tumbled his way over.

"Mmmm... the two just hatched," she replied with a smile, looking down at her pair of boys. She could only hope that they grew strong and filled their father's hoofsteps. A one-winged but still very handsome adult then followed, speaking to the other child and encouraging him to be a good role model. Aithniel nodded in agreement and then looked at the stallion warmly.

"Matheo and Luther," I believe, she replied and nodded to each boy respectively. "Unless they feel their names to be something different, of course. I am not opposed to change."

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

@Castor @Zèklè

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!