the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lunar Phases [Moon]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

[Image: tammetabletest_by_neverrmind-dahdrp9.png]

Not a day passed that Tilney did not daydream about the lily flower knitted into his mane. In fact, not an hour went past that he did not wonder about it. It had been placed there by the most unlikely creature - a Serval, found not far from the Secret Grove! Mere yards from the Ancient Rotunda the feline had prowled and prodded, stripping the brains of the bystanders.
Tilney had possibly been the most agitated by the large cats hair triggered queries which was so so rare for the flaxen lad to get agitated at all. Really, it was because his pride had been hurt. He had been cackled and laughed at.
Some how that same cat had chosen him to gift this flower, this power to. Tilney was allowed the wondrous privilege of talking to one of their beloved deities.

And so he had mulled for days over what on earth he would say to them. Who on earth would he talk to? He paid his respects to Father Sun every single night when he whispered the word Aiya, but never to the patron Goddess of his homeland. She had brought prosperity to his herd, its lands, his family. Surely she deserved just as many thanks.
Tilney had decided he would do just that - and in person. He would pose her no daunting questions like that wicked serval suggested.  

The trip to the south had been a tedious one; there was sadness on the wind here. Growing closer the the Throat, the flaxen physician wondered if he might pay Sikeax a visit. She was not expecting him and perhaps surprises weren't taken well in their land - it might be wise to skip this opportunity. Besides, he had to return to prepare for his next journey to the Basin. Carlisle had kept him company on the final leg or the journey, and how glad tilney was to see her again; it had been many weeks since he had conversed with his dear sister last.
Soon their gazes were set once again upon the blue, stormy sight of the Veins of the Gods.

For the seconds time Carlisle insisted on waiting behind; Tilney would rather she not come anyway. Across the treacherous land bridge he waltzed, marbled feet skipping delicately over the old volcanic rock. It posed a question to his own racing mind; just how old was the rocks he stood on?
It was not long until the shrines came into view, and the blackened altar dedicated to the patron Goddess of his homeland was not hard to pick out. The spotted cats instructions had been to place the flower upon the altar; and thats exactly what the flaxen man did.
Tilney plucked the perfect, crisp lily from its place in his mane. He admired it for a moment as it lay on the cracked table and how pristine it was, pure and unwilted.

Now all there was to do was wait. Tilney knelt, extending a knee and holding his weight with the other. His glorious crown was bowed in respect of the divine beings surrounding him, waiting for any to appear.

schwartze

using his VOTG chat prize!
@Mythical Request

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess was pleased that one of her herd had found the flower that she had given to the seval. It was a fickle creature to be sure, but as a creature who did the bidding of the Gods, she did trust the small creature to wisely make the decision of into whose hands the precious flowers fell. That it had chosen one from her own herd only solidified her approval of its selection criteria.

A shadow suddenly fell across the shines. Through this curtain of darkness a slit of starshine suddenly appeared, growing brighter and brighter as the Goddess appeared through this make-shift curtain. The Goddess' coat appeared tingled with starlight as the curtain of darkness behind her closed and slowly disappeared. Her pale silvery eyes lingered upon the stallion before her as a smile touched her lips and gaze. "Hello healer," she began, her voice a melody that wafted towards him through the stillness that separated them. "I am glad that it is you who found that-" She motioned delicately towards the flower that he had placed on her shrine. Suddenly the bloom rose into the air and landed on the top of one of the larger rocks that encircled her shrine. There it began to blackened and further solidify until it was an etching into the surface of the rock itself. A permanent marker of the offering he had brought. 

Her silvery gaze traced the markings in the stone with an almost whimsical smile, before she pulled her weighty stare away to regard Tilney once more. 

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

[Image: tammetabletest_by_neverrmind-dahdrp9.png]

That curtain Tilney found himself gazing past while magnificently enchanting was somewhat alarming. The bronze physician took a rigid few paces backwards, minding the cracks in the black volcanic rock and aiming his cloven hooves away from the edges of the blue pools. A bewildered, dazzled gasp took a hold of Tilneys voice when the star appeared, the goddess stepping from the night. What a sight it was to behold. It was very unlike how he could recall seeing the Sun god on numerous occasions. He stood and straightened on the goddess's approach.
The deities greeting was much more humble than he had anticipated and so his feet found their original stance before the wind ruined shrine. She hinted of the serval and how she was glad it had chosen him for it! Surely she only meant that because she watched over the herd; not because she knew him? Tilney was a no one, In fact he was quite decided on the fact that he was the least worthy to receive that lily. He was the least worthy to speak to the gods, or so he assumed.

"Mother Moon" was Tilneys own humble greeting; he daren't bejewel it with a thousand fancy words when her own greeting had been so kind. Tilney again bowed; knee against the bedrock, the other extended towards the shrine, and his crown tucked neatly between the two. "I am not so sure if I was the most deserving candidate my lady, though I can assure you I am even more glad than to have been given it." the man gave his own gesture towards the lily before his eyes found the onyx bodice of Mother Moon.
"How beautiful this night is" The flaxen lad commented, turning his nose briefly to the stars, and then back to the master who created it.
schwartze

@Mythical Request

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Tilney's modesty made the Goddess tsk slightly under her breath, though the sound was more amused than disapproving. While it was true that there was real randomness in Helovia - things which could occur without the knowledge of the Gods and for no apparent reason - they were few and far between. Just because the Goddess' influence on the happenings of her smaller minions, did not mean that they escaped her thoughts.

"Dessert has nothing to do with it." She chided and then laughed, a sound like small silver bells. "Rarely do we get what we deserve in this life Tilney's, but if we pay attention, we get what is owed to us. How long have you lived under my skies, wrapped in my fog? Why shouldn't it be your turn to speak with me, you who has so much to say?"

At his mentioned of the sky, the Goddess's smile widened. Her pale eyes rose to the heavens, where she allowed herself a long, appreciative eyeful of the twinkling stars. "Why thank you." She said at last, as the delicate curve of her neck constricted, and her pupil-less gaze once again found the healer's face.

"What is on your mind, Tilney? I know that you did not waste such a precious gift, just to come here and tell me things that I already know." Her leonine tail curled around her hocks, flicking every so often. The long lashed that coated her eyes seemed to sparkle as if bits of starlight had caught there and stayed.