the Rift

[OPEN] Prepare for Black & Blue

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

It had been a while since I last saw it fitting to leave the sandy shore of the Throat. With the passing of our Khal, it was hard to imagine being anywhere but surrounded by my extensive family, but being the oldest offspring of the Wildfire there was a certain...air of strength that I felt I had to put off around the family. Mourning hadn't been something that was able to be done properly in the way that I had so desired. Ink tipped ears flicked back into thick, wavy tresses of ebony and ivory while blue eyes that shone with electricity scanned the earth below me. It didn't seem as if anything had changed in the weeks I spent locked away in the hot sands of the Throat.

I watched as the terrain turned from sand, to the salty brine of the ocean, to the sand once again and finally to the rocky ground I found myself free falling too. Okay, maybe free falling wasn't the best way to explain it. I was in complete control of my path, simply enjoying the wind as my large wings tucked in close to my slender frame that was angled down towards the world below me. It wasn't till the earth and my body were seconds away from colliding that the feathered appendages snapped outwards again, catching my weight and straightening me out so I could land gracefully carefully on my ink stained limbs.

A snort slipped through inky nostrils as I danced towards the caverns that were calling me like a long lost lover. Underground was never my first,  or even my second, choice of locations, the idea of being trapped in a grave voluntarily just made my skin crawl. But for some odd reason, there was no fighting the pull that was dragging me further and further into the caverns. Hooves slipped and slid down the slope that led into the underground, wings pulled in as close to my body as they possibly could to prevent any kind of injuries that could possibly happen. My breath caught in my throat as the world below came into view, the whole room glowed a soft orange-red hue from the very moving flow of lava that seemed to come from nowhere, my own pale ghostly pelt turned into one that would make any chestnut proud as I stood there in awe.

But, even that amazement would remain short lived as that insistent tug came back. Apparently whatever had brought me here wasn't quite done with leading me through these rabbit tunnels just yet. Long dark lashes hit against my cheekbones as I broke the spell of the waterfall of lava, and my sturdy limbs turned me in the direction of the caverns that were lit by glorious crystals that shone in many different colors. I followed the tug, in awe of the world that was unfolding before me, why had I not explored these tunnels before?

It wasn't long, or was it, until I stumbled into a room where the ground changed from a solid rock into a mossy carpet. The walls were lit with lines of glowing blue mushrooms and trees that were much smaller than I was used to glowed softly in the room, eliminating it nearly of all shadows. Smiling I stepped under the boughs of a tree, allowing the luminescent leaves to brush against my back and the top of my wings, listening to the hum of whatever energy it was that was calling me here. This room was where it seemed to have led me for whatever reason. Pale lids pulled away from my eyes that nearly matched the blue of the strange fungus, they swept across the room only to land on a egg of pure white nestled on the bank of a small creek that followed along one of the walls. Dark ears flicked forwards, I knew what these strange eggs held, I had seen plenty of them hatch for others and I wondered if this is what drew me here?

Did everyone feel this insistent pull to their companion's egg when they stumbled across them? Or had I just been imagining it all this time? Whatever the case, before I could think twice my ink dipped legs were moving once again, dancing me closer to the smooth white egg. Midnight lips pressed against the smooth, warm surface only to feel it shake not once, but twice. My eyes widened with surprise as I took a small step away from the infants casing only to see a crack spread up the side of it and moments later a small, white pup spilled forth. A wide smile spread across my features, a strange feeling after weeks of sadness, as my mind went fuzzy for a second with the infants mind binding to mine. Whines came from the whelp as her eyes opened slowly, but faster than those of a normal pup, vivid red-pink eyes opened to the world around her. "Athvadar, welcome little ghost." I spoke, to myself, to the pup, to whoever might have been creeping through the tunnels as my soulmate was born into this world.

In the midst of all the bad, the gods had finally decided to give me a little bit of light to cling too.

"Talk?"
zenobia
the lion still has claws
they are as long and sharp as yours
open for anyone, Zenobia is finding her companion <3 it's shitty and it sucks and I'm sorry, I hope someone can work with it <3
@tag here
image credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily

VITANI
When we look up at the stars, we see only the memory of light; and though they are distant we know they still shine

We had done it. I had left the beast and come back to the Falls for the last time. For the first time in a long time Sarabi rides standing on my back. It gave her a higher vantage point than being so low on the ground. Under her front paws balanced a shard of a horn. I knew the story behind it. The shard of the horn was only matched by one other. The horn belonged to my half siblings father. He had been killed, though Mother never told me how. Only that she had taken his horn and that it had broken in two. I have one half, the other half belonged to my half brother. I would know him by this as well as a few markings. I sigh softly, wondering about where we should go with our newly outcasted selves. Caves. Safe shelter till we know what we do next. I nodded wordlessly. She was right. In the cool of OrangeMoon it would be the perfect warm shelter.

As as moved into the caves, Sarabi alerted me that we would not be alone. That was fine. There's plenty of caves for us to tuck inside and make home for a night or two. Maybe find the beast? I snorted softly. Like he would want me to tag along? My hooves click softly against the rock bottom of the caves. The sound echos softly. Sarabi leaps off my back, and I am lucky that the amulets and horn do not go crashing to the ground. I sigh in slight frustration. She pads off looking for a room for us to camp out in when she stumbles upon the one she has scented earlier. Winged one ahead. Looks like just bonded..... Also looks familiar. Curious, I follow the way my bonded had gone. Just as the cave floor turned from stone to moss I see her. She's winged, just like Sarabi said. She also clicks in my memory. "Congratulations seem to be in order." I pause for a moment before going on. "I remember you. You tried to get my Earth Feather back from that thief.... Right before the battle with that tiger god..." My voice trailed off. I hope I am right. If so, maybe, just maybe she had a plan... I still long for that feather. If only.

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

@Zenobia

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Little Ghost. Zeno's words echoed off of the walls of the cave, slowing wafting towards the trio. 

The words made Tae's skin bristle. In fact, the magic that constantly roamed throughout her body gripped her body so tightly that the mandible-marked filly did suddenly appear like a ghost. It was as if a strong wind could blow her away entirely, that's how translucent she suddenly appeared to be, save for her pale white wide eyes.

Little Ghost. That's what Ampere called her. Her.

At her side, the two black canines sniffed the air. Into Tae's mind they thrust images of their own hatching, and of a small canine coming from its shell. It still shocked the filly that they could know so much just from the use of one of their senses. The fiery marking on Hel's forward churned and glistened like lava that magically remained where it was. His dark gaze bore into the darkness, as did Mal's. 

Another voice suddenly came to them, and Tae's pale gaze narrowed. So there was someone with her older half-sister? Intrigued, the filly stalked forward. She had followed Zeno here and wasn't about to give up now. It wasn't for any particular reason, other than Grusha had left early to go and check on their bone caches while Tae was still sleeping. Rather than loiter around the Throat, Tae had decided to practice her stalking skills.

Taking a breath, her magic began to settle somewhat and her body began to look more and more solid and less like a ghost. Come. She whispered mentally to the canines at her side. Let us see what it is she has found.. Both the wolf and the hellhound nodded their silent agreement.

Appearing from behind the wall, Tae's eyes fell upon the eldest of Gaucho's offspring. Mal and Hel were not looking at Zeno, but instead at the white wolf that lay on the hard floor near her. 
>>White<< they thought with grim dissatisfaction. >>Weak. Should be killed.<< Tae who knew nothing of wolves and why they preferred darker coats over lighter ones, ignored the voice in her head and regarded her eldest sibling with a wolfish stare.

"Hello sister." Her words were cold and laced with a hidden amusement. "I see another wolf joins our family pack." 

Hel's dark red gaze turned to Sarabi. He was larger than she was, and despite his gruff countenance, he approved of seeing another hellhound, for there were few of them in the Throat. 

tae
this was your heart, this swarm of flies
This was once your mouth - this bowl of lies
Image Credits

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper

It was almost as if a white, downy blanket had been tossed across my mind. Blurring all of my sense and muddling my thoughts as the pup's mind became entwined with my own, a child-like sense of awe and amazement washed over my equally as pale frame while I watched the small ball of cotton roll out into the world her bright pink eyes wide and cloudy with wonder as she took in the first few moments of life. The dark corners of my lips turned up into a bright smile, the first one that had crossed my features in what seemed like ages, but it didn't last long.

In my daze caused by the lack of full control of my sense, I didn't notice the silver and chocolate mare make her way into my moss covered room. It wasn't until the stranger began to speak that my focus was moved away from the pup, Athvadar, and turned towards the mare and her own lupine companion. Electric eyes glowed in the soft, neon-like glow of the fungi as I looked at the duo warily, suddenly worried for the newborn's well-being. "Congratulations seem to be in order. I remember you. You tried to get my Earth Feather back from that thief.... Right before the battle with that tiger god..." Dark tipped ears flicked forward as I smiled brightly through the fog in my mind, yes, now I knew why this blonde lady seemed familiar. When we had last seen each other she had been naught but a young child. "Ah, yes, you do look quite familiar! Thank you dear." I was just about to mention the feather, and the fact that I had been keeping it safe for her when our party was crashed once more.

I turned slightly to watch as my half-sister and her two soulmates padded curiously into the room that seemed to be growing smaller by the second. I smiled and nodded in her direction, "Inavva, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you followed along." I teased, knowing that the strange, wolf-obsessed twins of Ampere and Gaucho wouldn't be able to sit still for long. "Hello sister. I see another wolf joins our family pack." I nodded, looking down to the ball of white that was sitting between my hooves, her bright eyes watching the larger canines carefully for a moment before rolling over to swat at a loose piece of moss that had caught her attention. Another smile pulled across my pale features, so unlike my half-sister's before looking just past where she stood half expecting her twin to come sneaking around the corner any moment now. "Seems to have become quite the family tradition." It was now that my attention turned back to the blonde who had first approached me, a small frown crossing my features as I realized I had yet to introduce myself to this creature I had gone to battle for.

"Pardon my manners, I am Zenobia and this is my sister Tae. The pup is Athvadar, who are you?" I had the feather the silver and chocolate mare searched for tied into my mane, sooner rather than later I would pull it out myself or attempt to enlist the help of my sibling in the removal and return of the feather that was so precious to the filly.

"Talk?"
zenobia
but even though it shocked you
something's electric in your blood
jesus, sorry this took me so long e.e
Inavva - Sister
@Tae @Vitani
image credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.