the Rift

[PRIVATE] So Many Changes

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

Weeks have passed, and it has become clear that I am indeed pregnant. I have to admit, I am scared. Not only am I gonna be a mama, but I have no idea even how to be one. My own only cared for me for a few short months before dying protecting me. Even my adoptive mom hadn't been around me long as I left the Falls to come here. I have only seen her once since. Never in all my days did I figure that I would be blessed enough to be a mother. Now, here I am carrying a child. Not the child of the one I had hoped, but a soon to be mother none the less. My sides have swollen a bit more, making it extremely obvious that I am pregnant. First thing first, I need to find Hector and tell him. 

But before I can do that, a familiar form meets my golden eyes. Cera, oh man.... I could feel my heart beating out of my chest for a mere moment before.... Oh shit. How do I tell him? How will he react? I had seen him storm off from our Sultan's... The WildFire's.... I can't even think the words. Is that not the same reason Hector and I had ended up doing what we had done? The emotions were high. Between that and him actually showing me the slightest attention.

Well, nothing like the present right? "Cera?" My voice is soft, questioning if now was a good time or not. My frame tenses, afraid of what he would say when he saw me. Would he be angry? Upset? Hurt? 

"their speech goes here and this is the color

@Cera

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Though he is not particularly interested in the responses and reactions of those he leaves behind after the meeting, Ilaria's hazel eyes glimpse an exchange - a familiar face - that she believes Cera would be interested in. From Bellanaris' withers she reaches out along the bond, overtaking Cera's vision with images of Hector's possessive embrace of Amani. The slight swell of her sides. Over the dunes, Cera's gait skips a beat and he falters, not sure what to make of the fact that not only had Amani returned, but she was apparently pregnant. By Hector? The bitter feeling in his throat only intensified recalling Hector's continued pleas for a reunion and an apology. Cera had not entertained the request yet, and wasn't sure when he would. Undoubtedly he would, but he was not ready to forgive just yet. Not when he had so many other emotions to sift through outside of Hector's silent return to the Throat. 

And here was another soul he'd once cared for, returned to the sands without seeking him out. Clearly she'd been in the Throat long enough to conceive and attend a herd meeting, and Cera bitterly wondered why she had not come to see him first after all they'd been through. After their friendship, and Cera gently stealing her away from the Falls when she felt that Elsa had abandoned her. Had they not been friends? And yet he and Hector had been friends as well. With a violent snort Cera cast the thoughts away, not wanting to think any further on petty betrayal and loneliness. He had enough to deal with. 

The time past the meeting is a blur of senseless toiling and wandering. He doesn't want to return to the Falls to tell Ranjiri the news she'd once told him when Midas had fallen. He didn't want to leave his daughter either, and he used her presence as an excuse to keep him tethered to the sands. 

His name draws his attention, pace pausing and neck arching to turn and recognize who it is calling him. With a soft, unheard sigh he turned and walked towards the cocoa woman to speak with her. "Amani. How are you?" It was gentle but a little stilted, not as warm as he once had been with her. Like everyone else she had disappeared and when at last she returned, he had apparently not been deemed worthy of the announcement. 

Emeralds flicker to swollen flanks. "Congratulations. Hector, right?" There was no point in saying he'd seen them at the meeting, it didn't hold much weight to him. One hip cocked back, trying to appear nonchalant even as the tension of his frame did not ease. 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

@Amani
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Emily

AMANI

I stiffen as he turns. A part of me debates covering my sides with my wings... But it will not help. I know this. Even my wings can not cover the obvious swell of life inside me. I am okay, until he speaks. "Amani. How are you?" The tone... Oh how my heart breaks at the tone in his voice when he finally does speak. Gone is the tone I was used to. Replacing it, I do not like this... It's clear something is off. My jaw tightens, and I step backward as if to flee. not for worry of myself or the babe... But simply because I can feel the tension. "I am.. okay. I lied. I flat out lied to the one who for so long my heart had belonged to. Hell if I am honest there is a piece of it that will always belong to Cera. He was there when so many were not. How have I repaid him? By coming and going and disappearing and reappearing....

As his eyes move to my flanks and the new life they contained I flinch. "Congratulations. Hector, right?" I nodded. I can not seem to find my voice for a few moments... And then the hormones kick in. My range of emotions spin and switch in ways I never knew they could. "Yes." I say simply. My voice cracks slightly which is why I do not say more than one word at first. But then.... The emotions erupt in a way I never knew was possible and I just can not hold them in. "It should not of happened. I do not love him.... But I returned to find.... My voice cracks again and I could not say the words. "My emotions, were insane.... It was like losing my parents all over again.... And then I stumbled upon Hector...." I look away, tears beginning to well up in the corners of my golden eyes. My tone turns bitter when I speak again. "I should of sought you out. Maybe if I had, things would be different. Maybe I would be carrying your child instead." I paused for only a moment as I begin to completely lose it.

Emotions were pouring out of my mouth faster than my brain could process just what I was saying. "I should be carrying your child.... Because.... Because I've loved you as more than a friend for the longest time even if you never noticed me in return. I should of spoken so long ago... But I was afraid i'd lose the one who meant the most to me.... And now I think I've hurt you instead.... My voice breaks, almost choking over the last word spoken.... I had said it. There was no turning back now. My hooves begin to carry my shaking and crying frame backward. My wings fall at my sides as I just can not bring myself to become airborne... Inside I feel like that little child again... The same one he had sheltered under his wing when he brought me here.... And I have let him down and so much more.

@Cera

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Her lie is as apparent to him as the sun creasing the horizon line, but he can do nothing more than nod absently and take what she says. He doesn't truly want to speak to her right now, not with the hurricane of his emotions tearing him apart beneath the calm void of numbness. At least he cannot feel it, even if he knows that should he place his palm against the glass keeping him from that tempestuous storm, he would feel it shudder and quiver. The blackness he has fallen into will soon erupt into a fire storm, and he does not know who all will be hurt by his self-destruction. 

He lets her lie to him, even if his hollow eyes flicker with awareness, letting her know that he is only allowing her to do so because he does not have the energy to fight her on it now. Except his own tongue continues, a dry roll of emotionlessness that sparks a reaction in her, a flinch that rolls across her body like a rippling wave. Cera momentarily wants to apologize, to take it back, wondering if perhaps he is wrong. Perhaps Hector had simply been comforting her, as friends?

That theory is disproven as Amani mutters a singular word, and Cera's emotions swell and bulge against the glass, screaming for release. He wants to hate Hector, to aim all of his anger and vengeance like an arrow, his fingers clutching bone white at the string until he bleeds. Let it fly, to pierce the heart of someone else for a change. His own pelt is too marred with battle wounds, he has no room left to spare. No hurt left to muster. 

But then she elaborates, and Cera's jaw tightens, muscle bulging in his cheek as his ears begin to slowly slice back against his neck. Hector had taken advantage of her in her emotional state? Cera thought the man to be better than that, but clearly he had been wrong. Dead wrong. But Hector had taken advantage of the wrong mare, because Cera had been looking out for Amani since he'd first met the young filly. He had vowed to keep her safe, to be her unofficial guardian, and Hector had crossed a line that Cera could not handle being crossed. 

However before he can spit the vitriol from his lips, black tar staining the insides of his mouth like bitter fruit, she begins the trailing circle of confession. And Cera is stunned to silence, staring wide-eyed and lips parted as she fumes that it could have been his child instead of Hector's. And for a moment he is hurt, a pang of despair through the heart. "I would never take advantage of you like that," he rumbled instead, anger spiking beneath the weight of his shock. 

Verdant eyes soften sadly at the edges, and he paces forward in tandem to Amani's retreat. "I...Amani..." Even Ilaria didn't know what to say, and she had been a bit more aware of Amani's feelings towards Cera. But she hadn't expected this kind of outcome, where everything would come out at once. Where Cera's once good friend was involved. 

"I wish you had told me earlier," he murmured, ears drifting down with a sorrowful, regretful expression. "I don't know how I would have responded. I know I loved you, but I'm not sure if it was romantic...I only ever wanted to keep you safe and happy, Amani." She had been like a sister to him, for she had been so much younger when he'd first found her in the wilds. He was still twice her age, even now. When he'd first brought her to the Throat, he'd even offered to take on a more parental role for her, but she had pleaded for him to be more of a brother or friend to her. 

"I...I cannot say how I feel for you. For anyone, anymore. I always saw you as a little sister or a child to protect all these years...it would have been inappropriate to think of you in that way." And after Sikeax, he wasn't sure he even liked to be the dominant partner in any relationship. Cera took on the burdens and wounds of so many. He wanted to relinquish that burden with his lover, his mate. He wanted to be taken care of, cherished. Even if others may look down on him for not being the epitome of a manly stallion. And whether that meant he found love in a dominant mare or another stallion...one way or another, he had and still did consider Amani his ward. A daughter, a sister, the one he had vowed to always protect and shelter. He would not have fostered romantic love or lust for her, not while she was still so young too. 

And that only deepened his anger towards Hector. 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Emily

AMANI

I have to admit, I am stunned when my lie passes him by without a word. This, this is not like the Cera I know and love. Have I really hurt him so deeply that he simply does not care for me at all anymore? Is that how I am getting this pass to lie to the one I have looked up to, cared and even loved all of my life? Am I really that, unlovable? My mind begins to race with thoughts of fleeing, even as heavily pregnant as I am. Would I be able to lift myself high enough to make it over the waters that now made my home an island? If I could, where would I go? Could I flee and start fresh? Just my unborn child and I... Away from all those who surely hate me for coming and going the way I have. Call myself by another name and simply disappear from everyone I have ever let down.

The words come up in a rush. My mind hadn't even full processed what I was saying before I was already saying it. After I have spoken, I stand there in a state of shock. Tears freely flowing down my reddish-brown cheeks. "I would never take advantage of you like that," Deep down I know it. To be honest Hector and I took advantage of each other. He for a fling, and I.... The temporary feeling of being loved and cared for. As I step back, Cera steps forward as if we were in some kind of a strange dance. "I...Amani..." I continue to step backward. Only he can stop me, but even I am unsure how. I am shaking now, as all my emotions that I have been hiding and bottling up for years slam into me full force. My grief for my parents, for Gaucho. The feelings of being unwanted in the Throat. Everything. "I wish you had told me earlier," I can not bare to look at him. His voice... "I don't know how I would have responded. I know I loved you, but I'm not sure if it was romantic...I only ever wanted to keep you safe and happy, Amani." The words slip from my mouth, soft and quiet as ever. "I was scared that if I did, and you didn't... That I would lose you too.."

I dropped my head and stopped retreating. Here I am, pouring my heart out to one who... I don't even know if he loves me as a friend anymore... In my silence, he speaks. "I...I cannot say how I feel for you. For anyone, anymore. I always saw you as a little sister or a child to protect all these years...it would have been inappropriate to think of you in that way." Once again, I know he is right. I have always been three years younger than he is. I have always been the child, the little sister, the one who needed to be sheltered and protected from the cruel world. Cera... he had always been my golden knight. The one who I thought... It doesn't even matter anymore what I thought.... Because he's not. No one is. In the end I will always be that stupid little girl that no one wants. "I'm sorry" My front legs begin to shake, unable to keep holding my trembling frame any longer. They buckle first, followed by my hind legs as my frame hits the sand. The foal kicks at my belly in anger at this. It's the first time I've felt a kick... Or any movement really. I should be rejoicing. Instead i'm laying in the sand a blubbering mess....

@Cera