E
P
I
P
H
A
N
Y
As I wandered the lands set before me, I found a soft pain in my heart. I’m not sure how it had happened, but I felt as if I had lost all that I could have hoped for. What I was seeking in the strange stallion I will never truly know. After all, we never seemed to further ourselves more than mild greetings. Still, there was something about his visage that stuck with me, something about his promise to appear should I ever call upon him. I had not found any such need, though I found myself thinking of him more and more as of late. I doubted that I could or would ever see him again, and even if he truly would come to my call, I couldn’t think of a situation in which I would do so. I let a soft sigh escape my silken maw as blue eyes traveled to the trees surrounding me. I lifted my tiara and I felt low branches press against the yawning bone that nested there. I carefully shook the leaves loose, the flurry of colour bringing me a moment of delight. It was the autumn season and the trees were beginning to turn, creating a symphony of varying hues around me. My plume swayed lightly behind me as I picked up my pillars in a bit more of an excited fashion.

Even if I would not see the great stallion again, there was no reason to dwell upon those thoughts. The world had so much more to offer me, if I was constantly living in the past, in a solitary moment, I would miss living that which was right in front of me. I gave a satisfied snort, as if the ferns needed to know that I agreed with my own thoughts. I continued forward, my feathers picking up small leaves from the ground as they floated from their perches to the forest floor. I could imagine that my banner was full of them behind me, with the way it floated about just above the earth. I closed my eyes a moment, trusting my step to be sure upon this strange, yet well worn path. I conjured up an image of my inky pelt, dashed with cream, my extremities gathering the golden and sunset hues of the autumn leaves as they traveled, almost as if the season itself were bringing me to this place. I smiled; it was a pleasant image, to say the least.

My bodice swelled with sweet breath and peace as I opened my pools once more, reflecting the soft blue sky that shone between the fingers of the trees far above me.  It was a very pleasant day, the weather still holding warmth from the summer months, but not suffocating the living; more like a comfortable hug from one close friend to another. A light breeze passed by every so often, just as the sunspots shining through the trees might be getting to stifling, something I’m sure the small creatures found as great a respite as I did.  My audits pricked, listening to the rustle of the inhabitants of the forest around me. I could pick up the indication of at least three avian families, and I recalled the passage of a few hares some steps back. A fox slipped through the underbrush to my left, no doubt out hunting for its next meal in hopes to feed its young, should it have any to care for.  It was reassuring to see the world working in tandem with each other.  The birds brought seeds to the forest, made strong by the insects that shared their aerial home, and the birds in turn fed the hungry predator, who fed the earth and the insects when their time was at an end. Each creature played their part in the great epic that was this life; like poetry in motion.

It was almost disheartening to think that many of these creatures might not make it through the harsh winter. I was a large beast, and even I did not enjoy the snowy months. They wouldn’t be far off, though it felt as if the seasons were only just changing. I had found that being distracted by the niceties of the weather was a good way to forget the hunger and the pain of the cold months on its heels. More than once it felt as if winter was upon me before I noticed the nights had become icy and the plants had all but perished. I shook my pelt, trying to shake bad memories from my mind. This year I would be more observant, and this year, perhaps I would have a herd mate or two to find comfort in.

As much as I enjoyed the solitude and the ability to openly reflect with myself, I was beginning to become sore with my own company. I desired friendships that ran deep, a kinship with those around me that wove strong bonds into my heart. I had had those once, in my family, however loose they were. I was finally becoming old enough to understand just how much I took for granted as a filly. Even if my herd did not necessarily speak well of me, they still would have been at my side should I need them. At least, I would have hoped so.  These past years alone had helped me realize many things about myself, to become comfortable with whom I was, regardless of my lineage. I was ready, in heart and soul, to find a herd that would cherish me as I would cherish them. To perhaps, one day, find a love who would think of me and a child as their greatest treasure.

I chuckled, speaking to no one in particular, “Yes, Pip, a child is exactly what you need right now; and a big strong stallion to protect you from the horrors of the world.” I felt the melody of my laughter leave my chest in a bright tone, carrying across the forest. The small joke lightened my soul, even if the thought was true in some regard. Love was certainly on my mind, but I’m sure it was simply because I was quite lonely; that was something I knew would come with time.  Time only comes with friendship, and that is what I truly desired above all else; friendship, and the kinship of a herd.

===
Word Count :: 1070
Muse :: Fairly well!
Notes :: Y’all can have as much fun as you like with her, I hope you enjoy! Anyone can respond, but Falls or Edge preferably if you'd like her to join your herd!

Speech

Image Credit

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

It had been a few seasons since he had been in the Threshold, meaning Isabella had never been here before. Her wolf tall wagged excitedly as she ran around smelling every tree and bush in the area. He smiled as they walked through the thickening trees. Since the Throat had lost the Wild Fire and Mesce, he was sure the herd needed to up their numbers, at least by two. So the crisp Orange Moon day found the duo here looking for more lost souls. A kind smile rested comfortably upon his face as the searched. He knew how important it was to appear as nice as he really was. It put others at ease and it could work wonders. The threshold wasn't just good for bring home new members, but a good way to gauge other herds and maybe run into the outcast band Sikeax had warned them about. 'If we find someone you might want to change shape to something less threatening. People that have been on their own probably wouldn't be to happy to have a wolf show up.' The silver and white wolf yipped an agreement at him.

After a few more minutes Isabella halted head raised, black nose quivering excitedly. He watched her thick plume quiver as she pinpointed the scent she was on. Since they two could not yet speak, she got her point across by shifting to her deer eagle form and looked at him. He nodded and gestured for her to take the lead. Bleating happily she took off flying low, since her eagle back feet made it hard for her to move on the ground. He trotted after her until he could draw in the mare's scent as well. 'Slow down, we don't want to startle her.' She obeyed, even though he could feel that she wanted to be there now.

His chuckle was loud and warm as he strode calmly out of the trees and into the mare's clearing. He heard her words, and replied smiling playfully, "But children are so much fun, and you look more than capable of taking care of yourself." He smiled and stopped a couple feet away from her before opening his teal and silver wings. He bowed respectfully, unsure of her customs. "My name is Ilios, and that is Isabella. We hail from a place called the Dragon's Throat." He smiled and rose tucking his wings back to his sides as Isabella landed in front of pretty mare curiously. "Welcome to Helovia miss."

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC; @Epiphany Hope you don't mind Ilios <3 Welcome!
Words; 419
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She comes whenever she can, though lately, it doesn’t feel like enough. Trips to the Threshold were not always necessarily thrilling. At least, that seemed to be the general impression she got of this whole recruiting thing. And perhaps it’s not that fun, insomuch as there’s some repetitive about the trips. But there were lots of repetitive things in the world, truthfully. Most of her day to day was repetitive to some degree. But the Threshold always brought new faces and new experiences, new friends. Even if they didn’t want to call the Edge home.

But she likes to come here. If it wasn’t for Elsa finding her when she first came here, Lyanna might not have ended up in the Edge. And she wants to offer that opportunity to whoever she can. This isn’t to say another herd wouldn’t have found a way to feel like home, but she is still glad it’s the Edge that stole her heart. Not that it happened right away. She’s stumbled her way there when Elsa had needed to leave suddenly, and was found by a black and white mare on the border that didn’t really seem like she felt like dealing with Lyanna at the time. Now though? Now that black and white mare was her Queen and one of her closest friends. Now, she wasn’t simply a nurse with no knowledge of healing – now she was Moon Doctor, teaching others.

It hadn’t been an easy road for her to walk. Losing everything couldn’t be easy. But in the end, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it might have been. She’d spent her early days where flying through Helovia, lost in her own sorrow. But it was soon after she arrived that she found Apollo – well, he found her. She has only ever found him one either time, but she wears the ruby he gave her around her neck on a gold chain. It glints in the sun on this clear Orangemoon day, casting little red splashes on the earth when it catches the light just right. Sitting around her neck and settled more on her shoulder is a crescent-moon shaped horn as well. Her few belongings from this new life, but both of which made her feel more like the mare she’d once been back in Morham.

But a new, better version of that girl. No longer a Princess who jumps because she’s told. No, now she was a Doctor with the power to heal. Now she could matter in a physical, obvious way. Now she wasn’t just an object to be sold for an alliance. Not that her family ever treated her as such – they were loving and kind and she would always miss them. But still, she could be anything here, and it was freeing thought.

She lands outside the Threshold, tucking her tri-colored wings to her side and slipping into the forest. The temperature drops in the trees, and she’s not quite ready for Frostfall. She remembers it all too well (hard to believe she’s spent an entire year in Helovia). But Frostfall isn’t on them yet, and she casts the thought aside, instead pricking her ears and keeping an eye out for someone to talk to. It doesn’t take long before she hears voices, and she turns her course to find the source. Soon enough, two horses come into view. One female, black and white like Lyanna though much taller, with antlers sprouting from her head instead of wings. And a rather colorful, pleasant seeming stallion with an eagle at his feet.

She’s in time to catch his name, though she’s missed the rest of the conversation. “Hello,” she says pleasantly, coming to stop near the group a polite distance away, nodding her head in greeting. “I’m Lyanna, from the World’s Edge, another of the herds here like the Dragon’s Throat.” she adds, not entirely sure if the mare is familiar with Helovia and the names of all the places or not. If she is, well then Lyanna is being redundant. But if she isn’t, then Lyanna remembers all too well how overwhelmed she felt with horses just sprouting random words at her, so she tries to add the context.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Epiphany, @Ilios

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Epiphany Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 7
Escapist
E
P
I
P
H
A
N
Y
It would have been heavily naïve to say that I had not been expecting to meet anyone along this path, but not entirely inaccurate. I had not expected to meet another soul for some time, and this Ilios fellow was quite a surprise. His visage was quite a sight to behold. His noble features held a gentle smile and a calm nature, but it was his colouring that I found most unique. His silver coat gleamed like a sheer veil over a buckskin pattern, but this is not what I found to be of interest, for it was the ivy that wound it’s way up his pillars that caught my attention. Their coloration was as natural as could be, or nearly so, as if an artist had plucked the leaves and wound the vines around his sturdy trunks just earlier. His face held this same marking, flowing about his vibrant orbs, small moons set into a nest of ivy leaves. His mane was cropped short, dark in hue fading to lightly frosted tips, as if he had been dusted with snow, and his tail mirrored this image. His wings were also elaborate, silver and teal, tucked neatly against his sides, and a black spiral made its home between his forelock.  Overall, he stood almost as tall as I, but he carried himself with a dignity that far surpassed any sort of physical stature.  His greeting was polite, charming, and I found myself smiling in his company, having found someone so pleasant. Or perhaps the more accurate statement would be to say he had found me.

However, the creature that came with him, Isabella, was a bit of a shock to me. I had never seen any such animal. She was like a miniature deer, delicate and graceful, but her hind legs were formed into that of a predatory bird, and her shoulders helped carry wings which held feathers of a bright azure nature which followed her form towards long pinions at her tail. Nonetheless, she was an enticing creature, agile and poised. I was a bit taken aback by her curiosity in coming straight forward, and I took a step back, allowing her room to make herself at home. Though, before I could get a good look and reply to the stallion and his Isabella, another equine emerged from the cover of the trees.

The mare, Lyanna she had called herself, was also of delicate nature, with fine Arabian features present in her gentle face. She bore inky hues and white markings that mirrored some of my own, namely four stockings and a proud blaze. Her mane was quite the affair, a stark white fading into teal tips, as if she had dipped herself into the clearest sky and came away with its colour, and her tail mimicked this ombre hue. Her eyes matched the gentle nature she portrayed with startling blue pools. Her wings were folded neatly against her sides, though I could see that they faded into three colours, starting with the inky hue of her coat, to milk white, and finally that same sky hue as her tresses.  She was taller than Ilios, though not more than a hairsbreadth.

It was a bit much to take in, and after looking between the two winged equines, as well as the curious creature in front of me, I gave a careful bow, tipping my cranium slightly so as not to harm Isabella.   “Thank you,” I said, straightening up and pelt shuddering from the excitement of meeting new faces. “It is a pleasure and an honour to make both of your acquaintance. I am Epiphany, though if you find it easier for your tongue, Pip will do just fine.” A smile spread across my silken maw as a gentle breeze stirred the air around us, bringing with it the sound of the leaves rustling in the trees and the woodland companions that made this stretch of forest their home. “Are there other herds like yours, or do these lands belong to the Dragon’s Throat and the World’s Edge alone?” I looked between the two equines, inviting either one of them to respond, my audits flicking forward to indicate my full attention towards the conversation.

I made note to ask Ilios about Isabella, whether that be with this meeting or if we perhaps met again. She was such a strange creature, but I was very delighted with her form. I had seen a few strange things in my time with my herd, though nothing nearly as breathtaking as her. Granted, my herd had almost exclusively belonged to equines, and very little magic was ever mentioned, as many of the personalities that made my herd their home thought such things trivial and childish, used only for mild entertainment and nothing more. They had no concept of what to do with anything stronger than what they considered parlor tricks. Even the concept of having a unicorn among them they deemed too extreme, as evidenced by my ostracized status from even a young filly. To be among creatures who accepted such beautiful and rare creatures seemed to me quite a blessing, even if these beings were not considered rare by Helovian standards. It was still a comfort to me to see that I would be accepted, even beloved for my antlers, not in spite of or if they were to be ignored (which is not easily done, as they are quite the extravagant show). A heavy weight felt lifted from my heart, and my bodice felt physically lighter for it, and it was as if my lungs could breathe fully for the first time. I had not realized what being in such company had done for me, and the sudden ease with which I felt in this place was startling. I had never felt so immediately comfortable before in my life. That’s not to say that I am well traveled, for I fear I am not, but the serenity that overcame me with this realization was a welcome one. I was sure that I would enjoy Helovia, and I was eager to make my home here.

===

Word Count :: 1022
Muse :: Solid
Notes :: Eee! I’ve always wanted to thread with Ilios, he’s such a freaking babe x=x  So thank you for both of you responding! I’m very excited to see where this will go.

Speech

Image Credit

@Ilios
@Lyanna

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

He smiled warmly at the mare enjoying the way she takes in his frame, his uniqueness. It's interesting to watch her face, and he wonders if she has ever seen someone like him. He knew from experience that some horses found bright coloring, wings, and horns overwhelming. He takes in her own sturdy frame, thick feathering, dark coat, and stark white face. She is beautiful, but he can't help but picture Lani's slim frame and dished face. Either way he basks in the warmth of her smile and so does Isabella. He watches her curiously wondering what her story is.

Isabella, feeling the mare has accepted her, shifts to her King cheetah form. Her ivy masked face turned upward, gold eyes sparkling with excitement. He smiled at his companion before another form emerged from the trees. Silver eyes turned to look, soon followed by golden orbs in a cat face. This mare makes him think of her mother, Parelia. She is slender built, with teal in in her mane, tail, and on her wings. He smiles at her softly and dips his horned head in greeting. Lyanna in her name, and she resides in the Edge, the place where he had been raised. He knows the land very well, just as well as he knows the Throat and the Heart Caves.

He turns back to the stranger watches her still smiling warmly in her direction. As she bows Isabella moves backwards out of her way on quick cat feet. He grins and dips his head once more at her name and kind greeting. He knows instantly that he would love to take this mare home. She would make a great healer, in his mind at least. "It's a pleasure to meet you too Pip." 'Isabella move back, you're crowding her.' She does so sheepishly, ashamed of how rude she was being. "Sorry about Isa, this is her first trip to the Threshold. There are two other herds as well as our own. The basin is a place in the far North. Last I heard, they only welcome Unicorns, such as yourself there." He looked at Lyanna allowing her a chance to speak about the Hidden Falls.

He waits quietly watching the two mares and Isabella. His long tail swishes peacefully behind him as a soft breeze moves the dying leaves around. When Lyanna is done speaking he starts to talk again, "My home is a desert with a beautiful oasis in the center. My herd is welcoming to all species and walks of life." He smiles and looks at Lyanna once more giving her the floor once more. Isabella, lays down between the three equines her eyes flickering between the speakers as they take their turns. Ilios smiles at her, grateful for her patience, and surprised at how kind she is being. Usually she hated new people, but today she was being unbelievably kind. 'Thank you for being so nice today. It's best for the herd to be extra nice when we come here.' She turned her ivy masked gaze to him and yawned.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags/OOC;  @Epiphany I'm sorry this took so long! And thank you very much! <3
Words; 514
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She remembers all too well how overwhelming the Threshold had felt when she’d first come here. There’d been three horses to greet her, two of whom were old friends from the Throat, in fact, and then Elsa from the Edge. They’d been kind, answering her questions without laughing, as if her questions weren’t stupid. Though of course they had been. She hadn’t even known the name of the land she’d stumbled into, let alone the name of herds they were talking about or the concept of companions. One of the mares had an otter, which to be fair, seemed very out of place in a forest. She was coming to realize that was not so odd at all here though.

Illios own companion is an interesting one, particularly if you haven’t stumbled across one yet. After meeting Chico, Lyanna’s gotten rather used to interesting companions (Chico was rather impossible not to love, even with that blue butt). She always found herself just a bit jealous, truthfully. The connection between bonded pairs seemed rather…well, wonderful. Something she wouldn’t mind having in a world where she still felt a bit alone. Not that that wasn’t changing quickly and drastically, it was. She had friends and Gawen seemed to have taken a liking to her (along with everyone else in his life, but she doesn’t mind sharing), and on rare occasions there’s still Apollo. But her family is gone, and she cannot replace them, or the feeling of knowing there’s always someone at your back. A companion, to her, seemed like the closest thing she might get to having that back.

Epiphany replies, and Lyanna is glad to find she’s pleasant. Not everyone she stumbled across here is, and it’s always nice to have enjoyable conversation. The mare offers Pip as a nickname, and Lyanna nods in acknowledgement, her thoughts drifting momentarily to the way Gawen calls her “Anna”. She’d never had anyone shorten her name before. Princesses don’t get nicknames. They get unnecessarily long titles and formalities and half the time no one ever even used to name. It was such a strange, unexpected joy to simply hear “Anna” from the colt.

Illios is the first to respond to Pip’s question, and Lyanna listens, appreciating the polite way he leaves her with the Hidden Falls to speak about. “The last herd is the Hidden Falls, which welcomes all species and is not too far from the Edge. I hear it’s full of hidden paths and ponds, and I assume at least one waterfall given the name.” She remembers Brisa and their meeting in the Labyrinth, and how the mare had spoken of her home. “There’s also many lands that belong to no one here, and various groups that don’t live within the herd.” Ashamin comes to mind, of course, and she wonders how he is. It’s been some time since they’ve run into each other here, though they used to meet quite often.

Illios continues, saying the Throat accepts all species, and she can’t help but perk her ears a bit and direct her next question at the stallion. “Oh? I thought the Throat accepted mostly Pegasi. Or did I just get that piece of information wrong?” She asks, her tone polite and curious. She is learning about Helovia, but she’s still relatively new here (a year is not so long, really), and she still finds herself asking questions constantly. She waits for Illios to respond before turning her attention back to Pip. “The Edge is a misty forest, and one of our border’s is a magnificent cliff. It is, in a way, quite literally the world’s edge. There’s all variety of horses there as well, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.”

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Epiphany

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki