[OPEN] i have no idea what i'm doing [anyone]

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

The next full moon...
That's what the strange Mountain-girl said.
Then she's released.

The full moon is still several weeks out. It'll be big and fat and orange this time around, she knows. She remembers it from years passed – the Orangemoon season is named such for obvious reasons, her fat, rusty-orange moons. The breezes are cool at night now, though the days here in this new place are usually muggy and hot, so far. The night is what she loves though and the nights here are almost ethereal. Her decision wasn't completely final, but Chernobyl is certainly becoming cozy with the idea of staying here – even if only for it's lovely nights.

Crickets, frogs, and gushing waters against stone.

The cold spray touches across the side of her long black body as she walks by the bottom of a falling stream of sparkling water, where it meets a small pool of equally crystalline waters. A grinning moon, far from it's potential, is still enough to set the waterfalls twinkling like stars on a moonless night. Bull too is illuminated as tiny droplets settle on the tips of her charcoal fur and reflect off the bright light spilling down. The barb-horned mare cannot help but stop and walk ankle deep into the small pool, pushing water-lilies and reeds aside as she takes a long drink of it's cold, refreshing clearness. The water too, is a a reason to stay, perhaps. The cleanest water she's tasted in a very long time, in her opinion.

Her abdomen stirs while she sucks diligently at the rippling surface and she stops suddenly, taking one last swallow. What of her child, then? She hasn't quite muddled through that sort of thing yet. She finishes drinking and moves off toward another clump of even larger waterfalls. All the while she is looking around, her eyes everywhere, stopping to sniff certain plants or evidence of other travelers through here. If anyone moves through she'll have to ask them if they've seen someone named “Knox” - he has information about becoming something of importance [or at least useful] around here...or so she was told, if she remembers correctly.

- - - - - -

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

anyone at all but she's looking to be a spy soooo
excuse any shitty writing, i'm working on it lol

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

If she were actually the kind of girl to tell you how she really feels (or even admit how she really feels), she might tell you that she is actually somewhat fond of the Falls. She’ll tell people it’s ‘rather lovely’ when recruiting, because whatever, it is. But she never says it with fondness in her voice (or, any emotion really). But if she’s stuck in this hell hole that is Helovia, the Falls is the only place she can really imagine calling home. Because it’s either this, or stand in the ocean somewhere and wait till the water just washes her away. Which could take rather a long time, if she’s being honest.

If she has to live on the land, and if she has to live without her siren powers, this is the only place she’s willing to do it.

Which is saying something, because the place was nearly dead during Tallsun. Apparently she was the only one stupid and stubborn enough stick around through the wildfires, still trekking to the Threshold in a vain attempt to bring back recruits. Needless to say, she had little luck. But it’s pretty hard to sell a place that’s literally burning down around you.

Now though, even the slightly warmer days are hardly unpleasant. The nights are cool and beautiful, the world here still with only the crickets and frogs for company most evenings. She spends most nights hidden away in her own little pool, far enough off the beaten path almost no one ever finds her there. Well, almost never. There’s a mare not that far off. Far enough Syrena wouldn’t say she’s been discovered, but she can hear the distinctive sound of hooves splashing through water.

She’s vaguely tempted to see if she can get close enough to make the water plants grow and expand around the visitor. Why? Just because she could. Because she’s been playing at nice and friendly (well, her version of nice and friendly) for far too long. When’s the last time she used her measly bits of magic against anyone? Oh, far too long. But in the end, she decides against it. There’s no actual point in just randomly making seaweed grow for the heck of it, and that’s probably not the way to make friends.

And she’s going to have to make friends if she’s going to survive this life.

So she slips out of her own pool, her body swirled in blue and green from the cool water. The color begins to fade as she leaves the water, slowly returning her to her usual drab gray. It doesn’t take her too long to locate the black unicorn, and one look at that horn makes Syrena just a little more pleased she wasn’t playing pointless tricks. That thing would freaking hurt. "Hello," she says, voice flat as always, though not unfriendly at least. And then she falls silent, because honestly, she doesn’t know what else to even say.

Why’d she come again? Oh right, make friends. She’s really great at that.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

So she's not a spy, but she technically was when Sarah played her, so she might know like one vaguely useful thing. Otherwise, she's really just here to say hello till a real spy comes along. Hope that's okay!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

Things were quieter here than the rest of the world – even quieter than her frigid world with Murdock, the Steppes; their frozen sanctum. She will always choose that place over this one, but she cannot deny the prying idea that she is not made for rank life. She's never been a team player, even in the Basin when she could have risen in the scholarly ranks she did not. She intentionally let it go and abandoned her post. Bull gives little attention to the details of duty or hierarchy. She'll have to learn though. For the sake of her child – for herself too. She cannot be alone any longer.

But the solitude feels so good. So perfect and left alone, so unreachable, beautiful.

Her eyes catch the flicker of teal, or what she guessed to be tealish in tinge, shifting in the shadows beyond her vision's decent reach. She rumbles a whicker beneath her breath and raises her long face to the pushing breeze. She takes a whiff of the mare's scent as her eyes search the blackness. The colors from before seem like delirium now, but she can smell the woman's identity on the air.

Her eyes are the first to reveal and the rest of her partially scaled, shiny body slithers out of the abyss. The moonlight ripples across her curves, illuminating where her scales gather on her points, the edge of the strange fins behind her ears. Her hello falls into silence at first. Bull's midnight eyes are busy looking her over, drinking her, memorizing her. “Hey,” Low and gritty her voice leaves her inky lips while her gaze steadies with the stranger. “You live here?” She quirks her big cheeked head to the side, facing only one eye to the mare as her thick hair tumbles off the edge of her forehead.

- - - - - -

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

No that's excellent! I'd love for her and @Syrena to become buds. She has no buds at all, and I've always loved reading Syr's posts so this works out perfectly {:

pixel is by RELI<3

Dragon's Throat Forger

They are alike in ways they do not know. Creatures that are not really cut out for rank and herd life. Creatures that prefer to be solitary. Though Syrena prefers the sea to somewhere cold chuck of land. But still, they could relate to this hell that Helovia has concocted. Jobs, hierarchy, herds with kings and queens. Did the Gods themselves create the ranks, or did some power hungry earlier horses simply name themselves monarchs and put all the peasants in their place? She doesn’t know this. Probably she should know this. It’s her job to know things, after all. But of course, she’s terrible at her job.

Though she is trying. In the same way she’s trying here, being friendly even though she is not a friendly creature. But there’s no other way for her here. She could wander the shoreline, lamenting the loss of her siren powers until she finally just kicked the bucket. Or she could live in this life that she hated, but at least it was a life. And that was something; even if it was not the something she would have chosen.

The black mare is large, though not larger than Syrena. This pleases her, if nothing else. She doesn’t like feeling small, and there are so many in Helovia that make even her feel small. The silence between them grows for a moment, thick and tangible. Anyone else might find it awkward, but the seal-gray mare finds it comforting. She does not necessarily mind the stranger’s one eye either as it roves over Syrena, lighting on her scales and gills. In truth, it pleases her to be looked at in such a way. Maybe not as a beautiful, as she used to be, but at least as something worth looking at. That, at least, she was. Even in Helovia, Syrena stood out.

Eventually, the words come, short and gritty, and in this too Syrena finds some level of comfort. It’s a familiar way of conversing, without wasting words or time. But not quite the same as trying to converse with Isopia, who took everything far too literally. Though Syrena was trying to figure out how to converse with their now Czarina as well. Because she had to. Whatever dislike they harbored for the other needed to be left behind, or Syrena would fail as the Storyteller. “I live here. Do you?” Come the reply, also short, her voice deadpan but lyrical somehow. A remnant of her days as a true siren. Her voice still held a hint of that song, though there was no emotion or power behind it now. Perhaps she should say more, but for now, she didn’t care about anything else other than determining if they had a trespasser in their midst.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

@Chernobyl - I think they are going to make amazing, awkward buds :)

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Psilo
chernobyl
i was not caught, i crossed the line
i live among you, well disguised

A cheshire moon grins down over the tree tops, it's silvery fingers brush the hills and the dips of each unicorn's shadowy back, over the curve of their hips. Syrena's scales glisten and catch Bull's temporary attention. She blinks to focus on not staring, sucking in a breath through her teeth as the other mare's cool, chilly voice drips from her mouth. The barb-horned woman is unaware of the warmth it gives her to hear such a tone, or so little words pouring from it, but somewhere deep in her frozen blood there is a stirring; a reaction. If auras meant anything at all to her she'd feel as though she may be glowing a small bit, but those things concern her not - those things are barely real, she ponders these random things in protest.

Bull's thick tail slashes, hissing as it slices through the cold air and whips each thigh. The fog is starting to freeze now, and sink, covering everything in a glittering blanket of short-lived little stars. The moon's light is fading away fast. Stringy clouds are moving in fast now and the atmosphere has dropped it's temperatures significantly. Bull pauses with these thoughts, thoughts of the weather; predictions of what sort of storm those clouds might be brewing over head. Those black eyes of her make a sudden shift in their position and find Syrena's gaze, leveling with it. Her company is larger in body than her, this makes her feel nothing at all, but she briefly takes a moment to realize it. Her long ears fall lazily, but not aggressively, and her lashes droop just slightly. “I think...” She looks away, to the curtained moonlight and then back to Syrena's steady grayish eyes. “...I might, yes.” She hesitates, but mid-way her head nods, she's assuring herself of the answer more than anything. “Yes, I do.” Low, and not of silk, her voice drops like a stone. A whistling wind howls through them, between them and through their hair. Chernobyl's thick tendrils dance wildly at their ends, her tail slashing behind her at the tickling of it's strands being toyed with.

Snow is approaching; her thoughts trail back into the clouds, but her ears stay with the other woman. So far this scaled, slate eyed mare is the most tolerable company she's come across since she's been here. Most tolerable indeed.

bckg

absolutely, yes! this is the first decent interaction she's had in a long time ^^ she's SUUUCH a loner. i love syrena though, she makes it easier for me to write bull because they kinda match && bull doesn't just want to walk away xD

also sorry for the wait lovey, <3

pixel is by RELI<3

Dragon's Throat Forger

She misses being stared at. She realizes this with a strange pang as Bull’s eyes linger just a moment too long on her scales. But no, it’s not too long, not really. It reminds Syrena of who she used to be, of who she should be, of who she will be again. Something impressive, even if this world of impressive things. Something powerful, even in this world of things forever more powerful than she. Something worth remembering, in a world full of things so easily forgotten. She finds she does not mind the unicorn’s eyes lingering, finds that for a moment, she feels almost like herself again. Like a siren, not just a mortal horse.

The weather changes around them, the vaguely pleasant night turning bitter and promising a storm far too quickly. There is so little shelter here in Frostfall, the trees too dead and worthless to offer protection from whatever onslaught is coming their way. Syrena will never get used to the weather, to the extreme cold and extreme heat. She simply finds that she deals with it better, doing her best to promptly ignore the snow when it settles on her seal-gray skin, or the rain when it pelts her hide. It’s just water, she always reminds herself, because if nothing else, she will always love the water. Even freezing rain and pounding hail.

“Convincing,” she says, that voice still deadpan though perhaps with a tinge of warning. She would not take kindly to liars. Not that she knows what the hell she’s actually going to do about it other than tattle to the Mountain, but that would be enough. The Mountain could be far more intimidating than Syrena ever could.

“Syrena, she offers after a pause, not actually sure what else to say. Neither of them were skilled at this small talk thing, not that Syrena was complaining. She could have simply hung out in silence and called that friendship. To her, that was friendship. It was damn near bliss. “There are some trees nearby that stand close together. They might offer a bit of shelter from the damn wind.” She adds, because it really is getting frigid fast.

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits

No worries about the wait! I clearly didn't do any better

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli