kick me down, break my bones [ophelia]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I must be some sort of masochist or something to push myself farther north after complaining to myself that it was getting colder and the food was getting more and more scarce. Why go north? Why not go south? It was warmer in the south, wasn't it? Isn't that why birds fly south? If I stick around I think I'll follow them farther south next time Frostfall rolls around instead of becoming a Leliel icicle. Shamsiel would probably laugh if he saw me now, icicles hanging from my whiskers, my wings tight against my body and my feathers fluffed up to try and warm my sides. I think my hooves are frozen, but it's hard to tell since they're already blue. Don't things that freeze turn blue? I heard that somewhere before.

I have to be even more careful here than I did in the meadow. The ground was slick there but here it's like skating on ice. I would fly, but the last time I stretched my wings away from my body the cold made me immediately close them tight against my sides again. Still, as miserable as this cold is and as much as I complain about it I still wouldn't go back to Janat. No one I've met here has told me that the gods hate me. There are no elders to sentence me to standing by myself.

I am no one's scapegoat.

But I am frozen. And maybe I'm a little dumb for coming all the way up here.

Up ahead there's a cave and I waste no time as I walk, slide, slip, and nearly fall to get inside only to discover that the cave is ice. And everything inside. "Definitely flying south next year." I mutter to myself as I walk in and I'm surprised that there is relief in the cave. I guess the wind really can't penetrate everything. Maybe ice isn't so bad after all.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA </style>
Blame my cloven hooves, if I sink what does it prove?
I'll always be your prey
</style>

Ophelia had been in the Threshold for days now, inviting those who wanted shelter from the snow and ice into their small band which resided deep in the woods. The young mare was concerned however about the white and spotted stallion with the burned rump, so she returned to his last known location, the Frozen Arch. A concerned expression turned her lips to a grimace, and she trotted briskly through the whirling snow, cloven hooves delicately dotting the pristine blanket with deer-like tracks. Her breath puffed rhythmically in step, and steam rose from her body as she generated her own heat.

The north was far too cold during this time of year to simply walk; it made her long legs ache and her old injuries throb uncomfortably. Tinek, however, was enjoying every second of the cold. His silver body twisted and turned through the air as he cried aloud in joy, opening his jaws to catch snowflakes in his mouth. Ophelia chuckled a little and shook her head, releasing a cascade of snow as she did so.

Finally, the mouth of the cave was visible up ahead, and she cantered inside, sliding easily to a stop. The young mare shook all of the snow from her body and shivered once, her thick, white coat fluffing to trap heat. Two different colored eyes opened brightly and explored the cave, hoping that the former leader of the Edge would be there. She wanted her mind to be at peace with his physical state of health, but she could not find that peace if she did not see him.

No telltale signs of white appeared in the cave, but the darkness of another took form from the shadows. A pegasus with strange markings and two sets of wings became clear as her eyes adjusted, and the disappointment of not seeing Mauja quickly faded to curiosity. He muttered something about flying south for the winter, and Ophelia chuckled, amused. "Why did you not?" she asked curiously, wondering what would drive this creature north. Ophelia loved the snow. She often visited this place for its beauty.

CREDITS: Boom Boom

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

"Why did you not?"

Shit!

I jumped at the sudden ringing of a voice through the cave and even though I tried to quickly appear cool, calm, and collected I failed miserably. I could tell because the feathers on my wings had puffed up and left me looking like a fat blue jay. My ears tilted back and I donned an annoyed expression, then, which morphed into a glower aimed at the mare for sneaking up on me and myself for spooking like a fool. What was it with mares in this place and sneaking up on everyone? Every place I've been some mare has sneaked up. It must be some kind of past time for them.

I studied her, perhaps a little too thoroughly, but I did anyway. She was plain like every other mare I've met here so far. The only difference between her and the others is that the tips of her mane are red. like they've been dipped in blood. It makes me wonder if, in fact, it was blood. Was she a killer? I swiftly began to devise a scenario in my head. She used that horn to slit throats. She used that dragon with her, yes I'd noticed him, to carve up her prey with his talloned hands. Then she would dip her mane and tail in the bloody mess and dye her tresses.

"My wings were tired." I suddenly answered her, shaking the image from my head. My ggaze shifted over to the dragon and I suddenly felt very vulnerable backed into a corner in the cave. Anxiety was never a good thing not only for my well being but for appearances. When I get nervous my feathers fluff up. I'm pretty sure I look pregnant now.

Ascended Helovian

Phi had a hard time stifling a laugh when the stallion jumped, all four hooves lurching from the ground in a glorious puff of feathers. The two colored eyed mare snorted once before getting a full blast of the stallion's glowering glare. She tried hard not to snort any more in amusement by raking her teeth across her bottom lip, but that did not aide with the grin that still painted her feminine features. Chilled by the winter, her own coat was a puff of white, but she was slender and did not have thick feathers to keep her warm. Carefully, she padded lightly into the cave, cloven hooves carrying her gracefully away from the whistling wind outside.

He eyed her, and she did not blame him for letting his gaze linger. She possessed many strange features to memorize, and she gazed at him in return. The stallion was tall, much taller than herself and she was certainly not of average height for a mare. Blue lines like veins wound up his legs, and she absently wondered if they were scars and his skin was just blue beneath the black fur. That would be curious. Though the most curious feature was the fact that he did not have just one set of wings - he had two. What caused such a feature? Did he earn them or was he cursed? Was it easier to fly or harder?

Harder, it would seem, since his reply indicated that he was tired of travelling. Of course... that would all depend on how long he had been flying and from where. "Where did you fly from?" she asked curiously then, watching the way he hid himself in the corner of the cave. Did he think himself weak against her? She was a little formidable, she had to admit. The silver dragon that settled on her shoulders opened a pair of crimson eyes that were more than unsettling. The horn upon her brow was a perfect weapon. Ophelia sighed a little and yawned, blinked her eyes tiredly before leaning against a wall.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

The longer I stared at the mare the less threatening she seemed to be, especially when she yawned and leaned against the wall of the cave. Oh, forgive me madame, I did not mean to bore you with my silence. I mulled over the question she asked, where I had flown from. Would she know of Janat? Would she know of the atrocities of the elders and the stupidity of my family? No, she couldn't, could she? She, like the other mares I've met, had no wings. The ones that did have wings only had one set. Were they all unfavorable to the gods? Perhaps I've come to the right land if so many were disfavored.

"Janat." I finally answer her. "The land of angels." I snorted and rolled my eyes at the second half. There were no angels in that land. Only those that blindly followed the leadership of elders who had their heads shoved up their asses. It's safe to say that I don't miss home. I don't even miss my parents or my brother.

"Are you from here?" I ask, but my attention is no longer on the pale, bloody mare but the silver dragon that came with her.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia waited patiently for his reply, not at all rushed with the glory of winter's chill kissing her pale coat. She could live in this cave for days if not for the need of food and unfrozen water; nothing was more beautiful in her eyes than the endless white, the pale tundra, the infinite and unchanging beauty of the Steppe. No change of season nor blight upon the land would ever alter the landscape here and would therefore never upset her memories, making her reorganize ever detail. This place was peaceful.

When he replied, she smiled at him gently, watching the way his blue and ebony features shifting ever so sarcastically at the last line. He ran from his home then, but not for the same reasons as she. "Not so heavenly?" she questioned, her heterochromatic eyes unwavering in an almost disturbing way. Ophelia never truly understood social normalcy, and as such, she often gazed too deeply or for too long into the eyes of another.

When he asked about her home, her expression darkened, and she closed her eyes, wincing as the memorize came back in full force. The darkness that spread across the land was unnatural. The brightness of the sun had been dimmed. Shadows, red and wicked attacked with no soul and murderous intent sent her and her sister running, parted from their parents who had fought so hard to keep their home land safe. "No, I am not from here," she answered finally, the weight of her heart dimming the normal chime of her tones. Ophelia opened her eyes and gazed at the snow, thinking how similar it was to the Frostspine.

Resurgere | Wroth

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

I snorted when the pale mare suggested that Janat was not as heavenly as the name made it sound. "That's putting it mildly." I grumble more to myself than in response to the mare. I can't help but think about the years I had spent in Janat. The disappointed, disgusted looks on my parents' face when they look at me, the contempt the elders look at me with, the disappointment in my brother's face when he sees me. Then I think of Muriel and the kind way she had always looked at me and I feel an uncomfortable ache in my chest. She was the only one that had ever seen me as an individual and I pushed her away. I never felt as if I deserved anything other than contempt.

I blink and shake my head to clear my mind of the assault of the memories and images my mind presented me with. What I would give to forget the way they looked at me and the way they treated me, yet I don't go out of my way to forget. I suppose it's because subconsciously I want to remember where I came from. I heaved a heavy sigh and noticed belatedly that my wings were no longer puffed up, making me resemble a fat blue bird.

My head raises and I take notice of the pale mare once more when she says she is not from this land. "Where do you come from?" I ask, desperate to hear about some land other than Janat.

ooc:// if Phi wants to use her magic on him she's more than welcome to

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia watched his expressions fade, knowing the feeling of hopelessness. She wanted to peer into his mind, but she also did not want to be rude. The white mare had promised herself to be conservative unless it was absolutely necessary, and taking this four-winged creature's secrets seemed cruel. If he wanted to share, he would, and she would listen with the same, gentle patience that characterized her personality. "I know the feeling," she replied. For as beautiful as Isilme was, it was treacherous. Ophelia was beginning to see the same pattern of hatred and despair taint Helovia as well.

The transition to his question of where she came from was ironically perfect, and she grimaced, shifting her weight on her hips. A sigh came from her breath in white, and she absently shifted her tail behind her, strange eyes clouding as she searched her own mind. "Anarore," she replied quietly. "Beautiful, but tainted with bloodshed, war, and hatred," she mused. "In the end, all of us were forced to flee. An evil more dark and vile than the most wicked of mortal hearts took over the land, giving us no hope to fight back. how can the living kill the dead?"

Though her eyes were clouded and her voice filled with sorrow, the expression she wore was hard, like that of a hardened warrior. "My sister and I were children when we had to flee, and I shouldered her weight the entire journey. Our father and mother were tied up in war; we were separated." Ophelia paused then and blinked away the memories. Echoes of screams rang in her eyes and the horrible screeching of the dead slowly faded into the chasms of her mind once more. "Also not heaven, but it was home."

Resurgere | Wroth