the Rift

from love

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

There was a glaring problem with the cobalt man. Anger bubbled and bristled strongly within him, burning on the edges and searing each portion of his brain as it turned and spun. His indigo gaze drifted around the now unfamiliar trees, as the Orangemoon sun beat down across the land casting long shadows along the earth as the sun worked its way to set. It illuminated the woods like fire, and where Sunjata may have felt a moment or two of unease, it just seemed to mimic the fire that burned from within him.

He had tried and succeeded, he had ended a life, and his dearest beloved sister hadn’t even tried. Sure, deep down Sunjata believed that she might have tried to kill the stupid vulture – but his blind rage continued and burned on, blinding him to the idea that she had. And so, he leaned it to failure. Sharply, his head shifted toward her as he spread out a tri-toned wing, brushing against her small frame in encouragement and hurriedness. “Kom, is dit om laat.” His voice was gruff, hoarse, and filled with suppressed frustration. His tall body towered over his sister, but his footfalls were placed with defiance and precision. He was determined to escape, to find a new life, to punish Saar for the disrespect she had caused them.

After walking a few more paces, he turned sharply to her, his body turning away from her, his wings spreading out as they came into a clearing. His head lowered to her, to try his best to catch her gaze. “Tell me, my klein dwaas, is this place sufficient?” He questioned, tilting his head and narrowing his gaze. His feathers bristled, standing up as his shadow danced across her - as though from a bad omen. His eyes lingered, perhaps a bit longingly on his sister, before turning away and taking the lead, scouting the area much like he had done on his and his sisters more private encounters.

"talk."

Kom, is dit om laat. – come, it’s getting late 
my klein dwaas – my little fool

We slipped into midnight
like the death of the sun.
img credits

@Saartjie and open! They're going to be pretty racist toward Unicorns fyi :|

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Saartjie Posts: 11
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
ali

S A A R T J I E

The fact that the trip had been made in silence was something that Saartjie was both thankful for and uncomfortable with. She did not want to hear from her dearest brother about how she had failed to end a certain stallion's life, while he had succeeded on his own mission of ending a certain mare. But the longer they moved forward in silence the more aware she became of just how angry Jata was, and she couldn't remember a time that he'd been that angry with her. It wasn't like she hadn't tried to kill him, though, and she'd tried in vain to point that out. Jata was only focused on the fact that she had failed and that he'd had to run in like her knight in shining armor and sweep her away -- which, yes she was glad that he'd done it. She couldn't and didn't want to imagine a life in Dorobo without him.

Saartjie had stopped when they entered a new land that was wholly unfamiliar and she frowned as she looked around, her nostrils quivering as she breathed in the abundance of scents. Her head raised and she looked up toward the treetops, but she did not have nearly enough time to just look around. Her gaze fell to Jata as his feathers brushed against her side and she, obediently, began walking again. There was much that she wanted to say to her brother, but she bit down on her tongue instead because remaining silent right then was preferable to the fight that they were bound to have -- but it was coming, she could feel it.

The only walked a few more paces before Sunjata was blocking the way, forcing her to stop and stand there looking at him. 'And here it is.' She thought, her head lifting defiantly as she gazed steadily at her brother. The fact that he called her his little fool was enough to make her blood run cold in her veins, but she tried not to let it show how it affected her. She turned her head and touched her muzzle to her brother's ear. "My liefde," She purred softly. "Call me a fool again and I will geld you in your sleep." His head lifted and she held his gaze until he turned away and then she fell into step behind him once more, though now she was glaring daggers at him.

"."

my liefde - my love

"."

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
Cold, crippled and shallow
Don't leave me here again
img credits

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He is making quite the habit of this recruiting business. Hardly a day goes by when he doesn't find himself treading the now-familiar path down to the Threshold, his face set into a mask of determination and his eyes hardened to rubies with the force of his concentration. His one soliltary success so far is enough to spur him on to greater triumphs, and there is an almost battle-like fervour around him as he peruses around the homeless rogues.

Unlike battle, however, the leviathan certainly wouldn't say that he enjoys recruiting. There is something deeply demoralising about marauding around the Threshold in search of fresh meat to feed the same old spiel to, something utterly deplorable about requiring somebody to make such a massive decision on the basis of one herdmember's words. Having been born in Helovia, Volterra has never had to face the unenviable dilemma of which herd to join based on how well their representatives sell it to him, so his actions and words are entirely of his own creation. In a way, he sees his ability to recruit as a barometer of success almost as much as his prowess on the battlefield is - if he can fill the Throat's ranks with eager new faces, then it proves he is not simply a war-hungry soldier incapable of functioning away from spars. It shows that, when his time comes, he will be able to lead a herd to glory, in the mundane tasks as well as the thrilling ones.

That is why, again and again, he puts himself through the hassle of recruiting. He has it down to a fine art now; first he will demand his dragons take themselves elsewhere, so as not to scare off any potential new members. They always stay close, so that they can appear at the slightest tilt of his mind - if he detects that the horse he's talking to isn't of a weak constitution and needs a little bit more persuasion, two terrifying scaled beasts could be just the push they require. With his dragons gone, he alters his path towards the great clumps of trees, and begins the metronome-esque swinging of his head until he sees a likely candidate.

Today is no different, and the well-judged turning of his skull soon provides success. Not one, but two pegasi stand in the Threshold, a stallion and a mare judging by Volterra's initial overview. The male is doused in varying shades of blue, but the woman is a multicolour delight. The behemoth fights to stop his eyes from roving approvingly over her; that is not the way to endear himself to this duo. Instead he passes a cursory glance over both of them before prowling closer, his massive frame sliding easily to a halt in front of them. He just catches the end of the mare's words - there's a mention of gelding in there that threatens to make Volterra's eyes water - and he raises his eyebrows quizzically. He does not comment, however, instead choosing to plough ahead with his attempts to recruit them. "Welcome to Helovia." he rumbles, looking between brother and sister (or so he assumes). "Might I surmise that you are both looking for a home?"

V O L T E R R A

ART: SKYLARK

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

Of course Saar would talk back. He expected nothing less from his beautiful gem. And like so, his eyes narrowed further, tossing his head away from her and flipping his ivory forelock to the side as he snorted at her. Perhaps had it been any other day, he might have laughed at the comment – but today he was far too angry, far too frustrated to even think about laughing at the simplistic argument his sister would give him. Instead, he lead them, standing ahead of her and doing his best to ignore her words, though thankful for the silence that had managed to manifest itself on the journey – after he snatched his sister up and fled his home, his eyes were entirely set on finding a new place – a place away from Dorobo and Korofi, away from the shit fest that unraveled upon their departure.

However, his gaze danced from the trees in front of him as a creature appeared. The man was taller, and carried a rather bald face against the ebony shield of night that was the rest of his pelt. Jata immediately stopped, his wings splaying out to protect his sister from the man who had just appeared. Eyes narrowed, his lifted his head tall as his feathers bristled and tipped his navy rimmed ears toward Volterra, listening as he spoke before placing them flush against his head. “What a boring name.” He spoke, lips tightening against what the equine had called Helovia. He stared at the stranger, surveying his body for any form of extras. It was obvious to Sunjata that the man didn’t have wings, but it might still fair possible that he had horns – hidden and waiting. And Sunjata wouldn’t stand for that.

He shifted his gaze toward Saar for a moment, “Dink jy hy het sy horing afgesny vir ons?” He grumbled to her, waiting for her input before shifting his attention back to Volterra. Despite the anger that boiled beneath cool tones, Saar had always been the brains of their operations while Jata had been the blunt force behind it. He wanted to know her opinion, knowing deep down that the mare would know better than to throw her only beloved brother to the wolves. And that’s how he imagined the others without wings. Plotting masterminds, waiting for the day that the pegasi fall. He wasn’t going to fall for it, and knew that his sister would help them get to the top, one way or another.

"talk."

dink jy hy het sy horing afgesny vir ons? – do you think he has cut off his horn for us?

We slipped into midnight
img credits

@Saartjie @Volterra

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

Massive wings, cup the cooling air—though hot thermals still swirl up between his long, outstretched feathers; their multi-colored barbs whistling in appreciation of such an excellent day for flying. The giant, heavy vulture (despite his great wingspan) often had to wait until later in the day to find enough thermals to support him here in Helovia. There had usually always been ample lift on the Plateaus of home.

The vulture found it surprising (relieving, really) that thoughts of Dorobo barely entered his thoughts, now. He had been gone for so long, and so many new faces (new mares) entered his life here, in Helovia. There was little time to spend on old thoughts and memories. Though they still plagued him in the vulnerable moments before sleep. Especially now that Orithia had vanished and no longer wagged her barbed tongue at him in those tenuously tender moments they shared in her sleep quarters.

His pale ears, already tilted back against the cold rush of air, pinned further into his snarled, darkly mixed mane. It was this surprisingly acute ache that had pushed him first towards the Secret Grove (where a lovely grey lady had eased his mind) and then towards the Threshold. Each visit to the threshold, while not always fruitful in recruitment, did always seem to provide some sort of beautiful woman for his ever-ready gaze to behold.

But his raptor’s stare shuttered in astonishment, pupils constricting to pinpoints amid a sea of yellow and red, as his soaring wings faltered, causing a sudden plunge of his heavily haired body. Was that the Senzaok siblings?

Great wings flap once, twice, three times—their size causing a noisy righting of his shocked, unplanned descent. Starkly white ears raise out of his mess of mane, a particularly snarled knot caught over the tip of his right ear, as he catches the last grumble of the infamously petulant Sunjata. Prized son of the Senzoak. How easily mares slipped beneath his barrel.

The vulture’s landing was loud, for he was heavy, but surprisingly not graceless for how haphazardly he had dropped. While he had studied the surly bluebird and black behemoth from the air, the moment his feathered hooves hit the ground his raptor’s gaze had eyes only for Saartjie. ““Hello,” was his gruff, brusque hello to the two stallions, but his gaze and steps were directed towards the colorful beauty.

“I did not think I’d have the pleasure of seeing you again, soet kleur,” he purposefully used the pet name he had given her for the sweet color that so rose in her cheeks during passionate intimacies. An ear tilted towards Jata, then he answered the question he posed to Saar. Though he did so in the common tongue (one could say he did it for the dark man’s benefit, but truly he did it to divide himself further from the bluebird), “No, he did not cut off his horn for you. There are un-horned ones in Helovia. Like the Debwani—but large, and un-striped.” His gruff voice was laced with annoyance—only the pretentious blue man would think such things. He should keep his thoughts to combat, for that was what he was good at (and the vulture nearly said such thoughts aloud; but instead refocused on Saar).

“Why are you in Helovia?” His head reached out slightly (though not entirely close enough to touch her—he had grown up amongst the fierce Korofi women), pale muzzle nearing the juncture of her throat and cheek.

soet kleur = sweet color
G R A A S V O E L
image credit || texture

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Outcast
ali

S A A R T J I E

Sunjata's sudden stop made Saartjie stop as well and the splaying of his wings partially blocked her view of the man that had come out of the trees before them. Being in a new land she knew the potential dangers that everything and everyone posed, but that did not make her any less curious. She made her way to her dear brother's side and peered out at the black and white brute before them. Immediately she noted his very obvious lack of wings and the expression on her face grew stern. Usually a lack of wings meant there was a horn present, but as she studied the man's forehead she could see none. This lead her to conclude that he was like the Debwani, only when he spoke he actually sounded intelligent.

The sound of wings had Saartjie looking toward the sky and when she saw who it was she couldn't hide her smile. It was like the Gods spiting her stupid brother for calling her a fool. Ha! Jata was going to die and she was going to love every minute of it. "Gaal!" His name was spoken with a mixture surprise, relief, and just a touch of happiness if only to dig under her dear brother's skin. "Ek het jou gemis." She purred -- take that, Sunjata. "Hoekom het jy verlaat sonder my?" She'd truly had no intentions of leaving Dorobo with him, but Gaal wouldn't know that and any chance that gave her the opportunity to get back at Jata for the way he'd treated her all the way to Helovia she'd take it.

The question that Jata posed to her made her tear her attention away from Gaal and look to him, but before she could answer him, Gaal did. This brought Volterra back to her attention and she looked to the unwinged, unhorned man. "Hello." She finally greeted. "I am Saartjie, and he is Sunjata." Though whether or  not they were looking for a home was up to brother dearest.

"Why are you in Helovia?"

Oh, only because they were exiled from home because a certain situation had come to light, but there was no reason to go spilling the beans to Gaal or a stranger, was there? Saar smiled and drifted closer to Gaal as he reached out to her. "For you, lekker." She answered simply

"."

Translation:
Ek het jou gemis - i've missed you
Hoekom het jy verlaat sonder my? - why did you leave without me

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
img credits

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

The blue man immediately spreads his wings as though to shield his sister from view, and Volterra smiles a lazy wolf's smile. Perhaps his reputation precedes him, but the blue needn't worry. Recruitment and making a name for himself within the herd are, for the moment, more important than taking mares beneath him - it is delayed gratification, because when he is a king he will be peeling the women off like scabs. Forsaking one now for an endless line of them in later life....a worthy deal.

He remarks that Helovia is a boring name, and the leviathan lifts a brow. A sarcastic retort buds to the tip of his tongue, along the lines of oh, did you come from a land called Endless Hot Mares And Bloody Battles, then? but he manages to restrain himself. Self-control is not the goliath's forte, yet so strong is his resolve to bloat the Throat's ranks that it has even helped him to reign in his explosive temper.

For now, anyway.

The stallion speaks again, this time in an odd, harsh language that makes the leviathan's eyes prick forwards with interest. This is the first time he has seen another horse with the ability to speak a second tongue - it certainly isn't Hungarian, but it is deeply interesting to the mammoth man that there are other bi-linguists here. But before the beast can respond, there's an almighty thud as a large pegasus descends from the heavens to land nearby, and Volterra's eyes scan him with evident interest. The vulture's own eyes, however, seem to be stuck on the pretty little mare. Whereas Volterra had engulfed his lust in a vice and refused to let his salacious gaze wander, this male seems to have no such restraint. If the Gladiator was a betting man, he would think that the winged one had bedded this mare in the past; they seem to have the easy rapport of former lovers.

There are un-horned ones in Helovia. Like the Debwani—but large, and un-striped. Volterra's interest is thoroughly piqued, now. "You have never met an equine before?" he asks, addressing the blue stallion and mare. That is most unusual. He thinks of his father, of the tales he's heard from his mother - that Tyradon believed in ultimate equine supremacy, that he ruled his own racist warlord herd out in the wilderness. To meet a pair who seem to have never seen an equine before is quite an oddity for the blackened giant.

It is the mare who finally addresses him; she introduces herself and her brother, and the leviathan dips his proud head in a greeting. "A pleasure, Saartjie. My name is Volterra, and I am the Gladiator of one of the herds here, known as the Dragon's Throat." He stops here; there is little point offering a home again, as he'd appear impatient by repeating himself. He will simply have to bide his time, and wait for a possible opening in the discussion between three seemingly old friends.

A lesser man might have seen that the cause is probably lost - that the pair will travel home with the winged Edgian - but Volterra is not the sort to give up. Impossible task or not, he will not leave until he has done everything in his power to sell his home to them.

V O L T E R R A

ART: SKYLARK

@Sunjata

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

The equine seemed to be more interesting to Sunjata than a majority of the company they had found during their escape here. Yet, his watch was continued as his gaze slipped from Volterra to the sky – feathers bristling further as the colors of the man he least wanted to see, blurred and fell to the earth before them. A growl began to escape his throat after the simple “hello he had offered. Didn’t Graasvoel know that he was the one that had ruined everything? That his fool of a sister couldn’t kill the vulture that stood before them to prevent them from having to leave the Senzaok house they knew and grew up in. His feathers spread further as his eyes didn’t leave Gaal who seemed to waltz around him to his sister.

The anger raged and bubbled and poured itself into every inch of his indigo pelt as he turned his head away from him. As Gaal answered his question that was poised to Saar, Sunjata simply just rolled his eyes. In his frustration, he instantly pressed his wings back into his side – the idea that if Saartjie wanted to keep on with this stupid charade, even when their parents weren’t around any further, he’d let her. He’d wait for her to come crawling back to him, and only then would he think of apologizing for his hurtful words. Instead, his sister introduced the two of them to Volterra, and Sunjata stepped away from Gaal and Saar, coming part of the way toward the equine. His pale ears flipped backward toward Saar as she answered Gaal, and suddenly the blue jay began to suppress the urge to lunge to Gaal – to finish the job his sister should’ve done.

Instead, he offered the vulture a grim smile. “Yes, ironically. For you, Graasvoel. His voice was hoarse, gruff and strong. “Though I don’t think the reason why is quite the answer you’d be expecting.” He hissed, stepping slightly closer to Gaal, his azure gaze narrowing on the bald face of the man. “If my hoer of a sister wants to stay with you, then she can.” He began, his navy tail flicking angrily against his hocks. “But if you hurt her, I will kill you. Moenie hierdie draad nie ligtelik opneem.” His eyes flickered toward his sister before he stepped away from the two of them toward Volterra. “To answer your earlier question, Volterra, where we come from, I didn’t interact with your kind much.” He answered flatly, his head shifting before pointing toward the woods where he came from. “Show me this Dragon’s Throat.

"talk."

hoer – whore
moenie hierdie draad nie ligtelik opneem – do not take this threat lightly

We slipped into midnight
img credits

@Graasvoel @Saartjie @Volterra

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
THE VULTURE CIRCLES

The colored beauty—the vibrant gem of the Korofi House of Laws— had been a creatures of confusion for the Gaal—the disappointing goliath of the House of Arms. She had been even more of a confounding puzzle than most other women; which, as women were conundrums in themselves, was quite an accomplishment for Saar. She was passionate in public only to turn a viciously cold shoulder to his advances moments later, without any word of warning. She would welcome quiet confidences in alleys and courtyards, privately establishing some strange foundation of trust in their familial-promised union; only to turn on him in cool aloofness around friends or family. But the promise of her flesh was too sweet; the seduction in her smile too enticing for the giant, winged vulture to swear her off.

So he had been left a wanting mess of urges and needs, pulled along by his own self-damming desires. And it was this desire that caused relief to flash through his widened eyes with her happy exclamation and quiet, sensual purr. A pleased grin curved up the dark lips of his white muzzle—despite the warning growl that drew a flick of his gaze towards Jata. He noted the bristled feathers with mild amusement, before sweeping his attention back to where his outstretched muzzle made contact with the soft, silken skin behind Saar’s jaw. He lightly traced up behind her ear with his muzzle, lipping the skin there—his favored place on her colorful body for it’s soft sensitivity.

She asked why he left without her—but she, of anyone should know the reasons he left so abruptly. But before he could delve into the confusion he so often found himself in around Saar, he found himself in the also familiar fog of lust as she used his pet name for him.

Though he was not left long to revel in such things, for Jata’s gruff and grim voice broke through. He withdrew his head and turning his attention back to the black Behemoth and the the Bluebird. The Dragon’s Throat? He recalled the black and gold beauty who had offered him a place in the Throat long ago.

His ears flicked forward, listening to the angry threats of the bristling bird—peacocking for whom? He had left his family behind? There was no honor to defend here. And, within the same breath as his threats, he accepted a home with the Gladiator Volterra in the Dragon’s Throat. Graasvoel snorted softly, “Enjoy your hot sands, Jata—though the women I’ve seen from the Throat are a gift to the eyes. However, I find the Edge’s cooler weather to be better for… activities.”

His raptor’s gaze and attention swept back to Saar, “I would be happy to show you my new home,” his gruff voice was quiet—almost hopeful?— as he offered the woman a place in the Edge.
G R A A S V O E L

image credit || texture

@Saartjie Sorry for the delay! <3

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Outcast
ali

S A A R T J I E

Sunjata's reaction to Gaal's arrivial tickled the little mare. It was no secret that her brother disliked Gaal, but the extent of his dislike was often amusing. "When you do that you look fat." She said, referring to the way his feathers puffed up as his agitation grew. She knew how vain Sunjata was about his appearance and she could not pass up the chance to sink her verbal claws into him.

Her blue eyes shifted to Volterra as he questioned whether or not they had seen equines before. "Where we come from the equines do not have quite the same stature." She said, her head tilting has her eyes swept unabashed over Volterra's muscular frame. "And they do not speak with such eloquence. They're quite ... primitive." She explained, since her brother seemed to be so caught up in glaring daggers at Gaal. Volterra continued on, introducing himself as a gladiator. She could certainly appreciate a warrior and the way she looked at Volterra then proved as much. "A gladiator?" She purred. "That explains your impressive physique." She had more to say, but then she heard Sunjata.

"...my hoer of a sister."

Saartjie rounded on Sunjata, her ears flat against her skull and her eyes narrowed. "Gaan naai jouself, Sunjata!" The colorful mare snapped. "Jy my bel 'n hoer nie, maar jy slaap met enigiets met vier bene en 'n hartklop." He out of anyone she'd ever met had no right to call her a whore when he was the textbook definition. Sunjata's mouth had her ready to leave him behind until he was ready to apologize to her. She snorted when he accepted Volterra's invitation to the Dragon's Throat. "I hope you have a heat stroke." She hissed before she looked back to Gaal. "Take me to the Edge." She requested.

"."

Translation:
Gaan naai jouself - go fuck yourself
Jy my bel 'n hoer nie, maar jy slaap met enigiets met vier bene en 'n hartklop - you call me a whore, but you sleep with anything with four legs and a heartbeat

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
img credits