[PRIVATE] that one fool's dream [Adria]

Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
Stepping into a new world should have felt drastically different. It should have felt awe-inspiring, exciting, or frightening at the very least. He expected that any commoner would have; but in Tommen, the expected feelings were instead replaced by a creeping sense of dread. What he didn't acknowledge, however, was that he'd forced the feelings onto himself. Because buried deep inside was that foolish part of him that still retained its childlike naivety (it was very small). It wanted to run around, exploring every nook and cranny of the striking landscape. It wanted to stick its head beneath the thrumming cascades of the falls and feel the waters comb through its mane. It wanted to be bright-eyed and extroverted, to speak to every equine that belonged to the herdlands. But Tommen, along with the dominant feeling of dread, kept that part of him caged up. From experience, he knew that allowing himself that sort of joy would only put him deeper into the pits of hell. Because it was the part of him that still had hope.

Still, the falls were a stunning place. Green valleys rising to peaks, edged with rivers lazily curling around the landscape. Many of them ended at outcroppings, pouring their contents into azure pools below. Because of this, the entirety of the herdlands seemed to purr with the distant sounds of falling water. He stood further from the main melee of the herd, surveying the place he had been staying and wondering at where this place had been when he'd still been looking for a home.

It was an impressive sight, to be sure. Once again, Tommen was tempted, if only for  a moment, to be happy.

He stood still by one of the smaller pools, quietly contemplating his reflection in the gently undulating waters. He turned his head, letting his forelock fall to one side of his face, then shook his neck in an attempt to untangle the hairs that had sprung free from the usual silver strands. The mane fell back across his face, now even more of an unruly frame then before. At least I'm clean, he admitted. After his arrival to the lands with the earthen woman, he'd taken his leave and wandered into one of the land's many pools, glad he'd finally be able to wash off the grime of his travels. Now he was proud to say he was once again the handsome bastard he had always been told he was.

He paused his preening to stare down into the blues fresh waters. His reflection in the small pool stared out back at him, judgmental as always. His own golden eyes felt foreign suddenly, as if he was looking at a distorted vision of himself. His face may have been beautiful, but in those eyes lay an ugliness, displaying the turmoil of lives past. Fortunately, most people failed to see through the surface and notice the forewarning those eyes offered.

Feeling inexplicably angered, he whirled away from the water, slamming his leonine tail against it for good measure and causing ripples to erupt across its surface. He did not need to see the man he had once been. That man was a stranger in his own skin, a skin Tommen had decided to shed away. At least he had that decision to push him onward. That, and his good looks.

@Adria

please tag tommen.

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk
 photo Adria_simpletable3_zpspoqgtbxe.png

A cold sharp breeze broke through her own gentle melodies, sending a chill down her spine, and a small sigh off her lips. It was an ever growing reminder that winter was on its way. It wasn’t that she disliked the season. In fact, she remembered the snow quite fondly from the past year. But bearing cold, burying into her small circle of breeze, cutting in and sending chills through her tropical body were not the most enjoyable experience. Of course, this time would be different, the child comforted herself, this time she had the company of a herd.

Her sea eyes look across the calming lake, but it isn’t with the same usual delighted glow. The past few days, or had it been weeks?- She had taken her strolls through this land with little less spring in her step, and a little more thought in her head. The herd meeting had been a brief little respite. She still smiled to herself to think of Father Earth’s wink to her. The breeze trailed at her mane, curling it along her neck with the thoughts of the memory. He liked him very much, but nothing much else had come of it. The most curious creature had been named ruler.

Another cold wind rippled across the lake, and broke into her gentle cycle, causing her ears to fall back against it. The leaves behind her roared to life again, and she looked back to them, watching the individual mini kites take off into the breeze. Her eyes watched with wonderment as they curled and twisted in the air. Her mind started to wander again though. Maybe tomorrow she’d go exploring again…maybe even visit Alysanne. She had so enjoyed the thought of finally saying that most exciting phrase. “She was here to see Alysanne at World’s Edge.” It still sounded so official. Like she knew where she was going….like she had somewhere to be….It wasn’t that the girl was looking for work. She’d never known the word. But through training, visits, or simply hanging out with her brother she’d always had someone about.

The pearl shook her head, letting the pearls about her neck rattle, and braids toss. She was never one to focus on such deeper thoughts long. So instead she smiles once more at the leaves and then moves on to continue her walk about the lake. Her heart skipping back up to beat, and the gentle breezes about her return to comfortingly roll about her feathers. It was only when ahead she heard a splash in the water, that the girl’s sea blue eyes focus, their depth giving undeniable sparks of anticipation.

Sure enough, ahead stood another creature. She let her strides lengthen towards him, and even though he did not exactly look inviting at the moment, the girl was ever blind to those small details. To her she saw only another possible creature to wake her from this rather low mood she currently found herself. “Hello…” Her voice drifted, its gentle tones untimid but warm. She wasn’t one to be shy, or notice his current mood. Instead the pearl pauses, her tasseled tail giving a gentle flick, the barest reveal of her excitement. “Are you part of the Falls?” She was ever so innocent to believe those who were not could come this far in, yet still, it began her long search for conversation, and she was undeterred by the long months without it.

"Look at all these sparkles. ALL THE SPARKLES!"
"I have lots of bubbles. They are all my bubbles. Yay bubbles!"
"This was an unexpected color option. "

@Tommen apologies for the delay. =[

Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
Weeks alone could do things to one's head. They could make one believe that they were alone in the world, that the only thing they had to worry about was oneself. As someone who could attest to this theory, it was easy for Tommen to slip back into that mind-state, despite the imprint left by his inner turmoil. For a moment he'd done it; he'd returned to believing he was alone in the world. Then, that blissful peace had been interrupted by a feminine voice.
"Hello..." The pleasant, timid voice was unimpressive, and for a moment he was tempted to simply ignore it. Then, "Are you from the falls?" He sighed, knowing that if he was to truly be a part of his herd he should act like it. He was many things, but a liar wasn't one of them; if her promised something, even to himself, he would keep that promise. And he had sworn to himself that he would find a new beginning; and the Czarina's herd was just that. And, unfortunately, herdlife required some degree of socialization. Once, he'd been very good at just that. His younger self would have never shied away from a conversation like this. But he'd abandoned that part along with all his knightly titles; it had been stripped away along with all his glory. But she did not know that. Here, he had a new start. No one would ever know.

So, reluctantly, he tilted his head to meet the eyes of a small, dainty creature, painted in soft tones that were just as timid as her greeting had been. And she was unbearably happy-looking. Grudgingly, he admitted her naive appearance had a certain charm, though he still couldn't shake the smooth, mocking tone he immediately adapted. "I guess you could say that." He replied, wondering what this frighteningly bubbly girl wanted from him. Something must have struck her about him, considering that she'd chosen to speak to him despite his visible irritation. There are plenty of other, friendlier people she could talk to, he thought grumpily, why talk to me? It can't possibly be my good looks. Still, he'd started a conversation, so he might as well finish it. He paced closer, flicking his tail in an almost feline manner. "Are you looking for someone? I'm afraid I am rather new to this herd, I doubt I can help you."

@Adria

please tag tommen.

Hawk

The pearl was ever a strong thing. Or resilient, but accidentally so. A thick skin but only because she never saw the blades and daggers thrown in glances and sighs. So the child missed his sagging shoulders and sigh at her approach. She doesn’t see nor note how he hesitates, nor the reluctance in his acts. So no harm comes her way, not regret traces her interrupting of his quite day. She’s perfectly confident that he wants this just as much as she. Confident. Strong. But ever for the wrong reasons.

Yet she wasn’t a broad smile slap happy child either. This wasn’t some rebel’s babe raised in a fairytale….well…sort of not. This was the crown jewel of her father’s crown. This was the proud product of years of careful preening, deception, and training. Her father’s voice still slide like a snake in her mind. Her wings were still untested. Her heart still happy to follow in the footsteps of her father’s ideals, flightless, but strong. And above all, her slender body still wore those things about it like a sheer slip. In the way she unashamedly holds a proud head, in the steadiness of her step, and in the ever careful way she held her guarded wings. No this wasn’t all it appeared. Look deeper, and you’d find the seeming simple structure layered and latticed with thousands of delicate thimbles of anchors holding it together.

Though for all the truth hidden inside, it was easy to overlook. The child was…a little overeager, even by her standards, to find some company for the afternoon. She kept it together well enough though, her smile was pleasant, and her stance ever collected, but her own magic would always give her away. It rolled and tossed across her back with noticeable energy, pulling at her mane and rolling the braids back. So it is no wonder that at the stallion’s apathetic reply the child only let her grin grow and herself settle in for a chat.

Of course, he didn’t exactly play along. One curled hark twisted back to hear his voice, its drop as it suggests she find other creatures. The girl wasn’t exactly one to work through the details. If you wanted the child to take a hint, you were wasting your breath. So at his suggestion the refined head only tilts in confusion. To her it seemed he was only begging her to the company of others for shyness. Because he was honestly ashamed of being unhelpful and new….perhaps he just needed someone to talk to about it. Not that she was much help, the bashful comment came. Perhaps that would make him feel better about it? “I was just walking about the lake….I’m sort of new as well.” Her smile grows warmer, confident in the fact she was helping this poor soul come from his shell.

By doing so, the child was also coming out of her shell as well. How many months had it been since she’d left the shores….since she’d had a real conversation of meaning. This was as big of a step for the pearl as it was for the imagined creature in front of her (the real creature in front of her we can only guess at). If there was one positive thing about having the child for a companion it was that she was exactly interested in probing questions. Where others might ask about where he was front or what he did, or even why he joined, the girl usually blind to those issues. “How do you like it here? Have you had a chance to explore much?” A barest of hopes crossed her mind and her breath held for it. Could he possibly need someone to show him around?

@Tommen

Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
Did he like it here? Had he explored? Tommen regarded the younger mare with contemplation. Who does she think I am? He wondered, for he would have never asked himself the same questions. More importantly, what do I look like to her? Do I really look like the exploring type? His appearance must not have changed much since he had left his home, if she still assumed him to be an adventurer. He had not done things out of pleasure or spirit for some time now; it was a trait he missed being able to express, but was glad he had learned to suppress. Why? Because it made me a child. And a child has no place amongst knights. Amongst men. Which brought him to the troubling idea that he looked like a child, or at least like someone young and energetic. Maybe it was a good thing, he decided; a warrior would often create their initial battle strategy by their opponents appearance. If he got the opportunity to fight once again, being misjudged as a child could give him the advantage of surprise. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it. Maybe in these lands people just explore all the time. It could be a regular thing. Not that fact wasn't important, but it was something to consider. It was another thing that made this land stand out against all the others he had visited.

As for his present company, he didn't understand why he kept answering her. He could just walk away and spare himself the pain of small talk. But if she was just as lost as he, then perhaps she could be an ally of sorts, if a mildly annoying one. Besides, the girl was honest and curious; both were qualities he treasured in others, and wished he could once again find in himself. "No, I have not done much exploring," Tommen stated flatly. Mentally, he sighed, If I'm going to have a conversation, I might as well be convincing at it, he thought. As a member of the court, he'd had quite a bit of practice at such trivial matters, as much as he hated to admit it. "As for liking it here, I guess I do. It is rather beautiful. Though in my experience horrible things can hide in beautiful shells. So I guess we'll wait and see." He cocked his head towards her, still bemused at the fact that he had so easily reverted to his old, extroverted self.

I guess I might as well embrace it. He thought. New life and all that. He finally closed the awkward distance between himself and the mare, assuming a more amiable stance. She was a clever girl to have forced him to open up like this, he admitted. "What is your name, then? I am-"He almost said Ser, and then, he'd almost corrected himself to Lord. But he was neither of those things now. "My name is Tommen."

@Adria

please tag tommen.

Hawk

If he was looking for a creature to judge this land by, the pearl was likely not the best candidate. Her whimsical nature would be more at home in lollipop land than Helovia. Of course though, if you looked ever closer, the blades which guarded her wings held secrets, threats even, and the contrast of those to her nature perhaps wasn’t so un-Helovian. Still, the pearl never made a good mirror. If you’re looking for a reflection, and know you won’t find a rosy picture, best not ask her. The girl only ever saw what she wanted, and that usually was the good in creatures.

Perhaps she should have faked some soft nod of understanding, or given way to his admittance that he had not yet explored. But the girl was too hopeful that would be the answer. So ignoring everything that preened her feathers and manners, she goes to speak, ready to blurt out if he was ready to go with her on whatever possible adventure she could dream up. Yet he speaks on, and her tongue holds. Her mind, now given a second, scolds her on her excitement. Even her magic had whipped into a more furious pace, going from a playful breeze to a gusty day.

He comments on the beauty and she nods smiling, agreeing, folding back into the shape her teachings made for her. Yet there was one line the girl simply could not understand. ‘horrible things can hide in beautiful shells’. The child’s head tilts, her smile dropping. Why would the inside not show upon the outside. Had her mother not always told her that if you had beauty within it would shine through? Her brother always teased her some simple white lie would grow an ugly wart? The girl was most confused, and lets her confusion silence her.

Her head was tucked in thought, and her eyes more downcast, when her curled ears catch the sound of him moving forward. Sea blue eyes look up, and it takes a second, but her smile regrows small at first. Perhaps she didn’t understand, but the new friend was coming closer, and trying to hold a conversation, and no trouble could last long when that was happening. His hesitations she gives no heed to, only waiting on the edge of the cliff of anticipation to hear another’s name. To have them volunteer it. Tommen. A strong name, she comments to herself rather naively. “I’m Adria.” She did not have to stop and think of the titles, though there were many. Princess. Heir. And others. To her it was quite simple, this was who she was.

Of course, that simplicity was also what lead to this poor soul’s entrapment in conversation with her. “It’s a pleasure Tommen. Perhaps I can show you around?” The gusty day blowing at her back seems to slow slightly. She didn’t even know where she’d take him, or what she’d show him, or even what to say, but if he’d just say yes, she’d have company for the whole afternoon. The girl could hardly imagine it without letting slip her true excitement.

@Tommen
OOC:: I'm terribly sorry I kept forgetting this one! If you want to drop its fine, but just post anyway.