the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tell me all your secrets, I'll ask you no questions.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia found herself away from her clearing and her hut more often than not these days. With her new found title, members of the herd were constantly seeking her out, asking for things, asking her questions, or just wanting to talk. Isopia endured all of this with a newfound appreciation for her Father's leadership. Leading a herd of just under 30 was proving to be taxing, and yet he managed to lead all of them. Perhaps she owed him more credit than she had given him when she was younger.

Perhaps that was the point of her promotion.

With Hubris playing with a handful of flowers near her, Isopia grazed idly beneath a tree. Her long red cape billowed in the slight breeze that warmly trickled through the Falls. The feathers on her pauldron were beginning to turn a beautiful shade of orangish-yellow, mirroring the leaves on the trees all around her. Orangemoon had soaked the ground and was beginning to saturate the leaves with the most beautiful colours.

With a happy trill, Hubris held up a handful of flowers, each meticulously arranged inside of his small grip. Isopia glanced over, her golden eyes falling onto the blossoms, and then onto him. "Pretty. But now they will die. Why did you pick them?"

Hubris, undeterred by this criticism, moved towards his giant bonded and began to weave the flowers into the feathers on her feet. >>On ground you wouldn't notice them. When I pick them, you notice. That's reason enough.<< He said into her mind, before patting her front leg approvingly.

Isopia considered this idea, frowning slightly despite the fact that she was nodding.

@Cowboy

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The red stallion found himself wandering the Falls more confidently now. He had walked every border several times now and felt confident. Ever since the meeting and thing with the egg, he had been thinking about his bags. He wanted them back, and for that he needed the help of his herd. It wasn't his rank or right to take things back, so he had to tell someone about it. The best person he could think to talk to was the leader he knew. His tongue grew sour, but he kept on walking. He hadn't really explored the inside of the Falls, but he was learning. The stallion's ears twitched as a voice reached him.

It was her alright, asking why someone had picked something. Instead of picking up the pace he kept walking. It wasn't like she was waiting on him, if anything he was waiting on her. A smile came over his face as the stallion drew closer. He could smell her now. A few more steps and he could see her. He dipped his head as his deep drawl sounded, "Hello Czarina Isopia, how are you today?" He lifted his head back up and stepped closer, still keeping a respectful distance.

Dual colored eyes feel on the dragon at her feet. Cowboy could clearly smell it was a male, but it was so different from his brother's pair that he couldn't help but stare. He took in it's... well... cuteness. He had wings, spines, and horns, but it was just so cute. How could something that looked like that be the same species as his brother's scary pair. It's paws looked more like a raccoon's than terrifying talon tipped ones. "Sorry if I'm staring, I've never seen a dragon like him before." He turned to look up at the taller hybrid curiously.

He waited to see if she had anything to say about the dragon before he got down to business. "Ma'am, I hate to walk around the point, so I'll get to it. Before I joined the herd someone stole my bags." He watched her ears pricked slightly before continuing, "I believe a black and white Pegasus, named Alysanne has them now. I was wonderin' if we could get them back? It makes work offly hard without them. I could help the healers gather herbs and such with em." He wasn't sure if she would agree or not, or even know where the mare was to get them back. He watched her feeling slightly hopeful that she would help him.

-----------------
Talk
Words;;  424
OOC;; @Isopia
Cowboy
Are you gonna cowboy up or
lie there and bleed?

image | coding
[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia turned almost at once at the first indication that she was about to have company. Now that she was a leader of these hidden falls, obligation forbid her from merely taking flight as a raven or even as a dragon to avoid those who might seek her out, either intentionally or unintentionally.

Now, she had to remain. It wasn't nearly as arduous as she initially thought it would be. At least, once she switched to the mindset of practicing a new skill - that of diplomacy - it merely became an academic exercise.

As the roan stallion greeted her - calling her by her real name - the demi-goddess could feel herself tense. It was true that her Father had said that they should not be hidden from one another, but surely everyone was allowed their secrets? And her name was certainly her most prized one, despite the fact that ever since her Father had openly said it outloud a few seasons back, it seemed to on the lips of more than she would have liked.  "I prefer The Mountain that Knows." She corrected, trying to force a smile onto her lips. "Or just Mountain." She added.

As the focus shifted to Hubris, the bronzey created opened his jaws into a wide grin, and began waving to the warrior. The flower in his talons bent back and forth, with a few petals dropping onto the ground. Isopia said nothing in response to this, for she wasn't sure what there was to say. 

As he mentioned theft, Isopia's gaze noticeably sharpened and her quad-horned skull rose as she regarded the stallion with the warm drawl. Alysanne... She knew the mare. They had spoken of friendship when Isopia was only a few weeks old. To Isopia, the paint was a portrait of compassion and caring, and now, she was Queen of the Edge.

Why on earth would she have the man's bags? Well, it was now her duty as Czarina to find out.

"I know her. She was a friend of my Mother's. I will seek her out, and I will return your bags to you Cowboy, if she still has them."

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits