the Rift

[OPEN] What a Wonderful World

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

The greenhouse stood nearby, close enough to cast rippling, rainbow patterns on the earth about her hooves. She was supposed to be inside the greenhouse, learning, and she certainly had meant to this morning when she’d set off on her father’s wishes, because she also most certainly wanted to be a good healer, too. As she’d made her way there, however, she began to recall just how boring it could be memorizing the names of plants, and what sort of earth they liked being planted in. Who cared how much water this flower wanted, or that shrub, anyway?

So, it had been easy to get distracted along the way. At first, it had been a pair of squirrels chasing each other up, down, and through the trees. She’d followed them until they led her, most fatefully, to a fox den. Though the pups had been frightened by her at first, she’d finally got to touch one of them with her muzzle after laying outside the opening for long enough that he’d thought she’d gone away. The fox kit had been so frightened by the light touch of her nose that he’d unleashed a squeal of terror that, at first, had made her giggle. Soon after, however, the mother fox had arrived, and it was Maude’s turn to flee with whinnied terror.

Her wild run had brought her, inevitably, to where she was supposed to be. Having been trudging with her eyes downcast, she’d noticed the refraction of light through the glass.

Dipping her creamy, cloven hoof in and out of the shiny dashes, she’d delighted in the prettiness of the peculiar array of colors against her russet fur and pale hooves. Now, however, even the sight of the light against the smooth, white pearls Auntie had given her had lost its exciting touch, and she was actually debating going to study plants, after all.

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Alysanne
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Lately, Alysanne had only been visiting the garden and greenhouse at night - it was an effective way to ensure that she wouldn’t run into anyone else. She was in a strange spot where she both hated and craved the company of others - especially at night. It was easy to distract herself during the daylight - there was always something to do, somewhere to go.

But she was gradually running out of things to do at night.

The plants in the garden were becoming dormant for the season, with just a few left to collect seeds from, but those in the almost-finished greenhouse were still greener and needed more attention.

With Hemlock in his second favourite spot, half snoozing curled up in the crook of Alysanne’s folded wings, the pair made their way over to the greenhouse - surprised to see a young filly standing there, seemingly marvelling at the refraction of light on the ground from the glass walls. Instantly she felt it, the tug on her heart - the reminder that Alysanne wanted to be a mother again. She wanted a foal, wanted Naerys and Artorius here with her.

But such thoughts didn’t belong in her mind right now. She swatted them away with a flick of her tail as she let the sunlight warm her heart. “Hello little one.” Alysanne had heard that Arah and Tilney had a daughter but she had yet to see the little girl for herself. It seemed incredibly likely that this was her but, well, it was never good to make assumptions in Helovia. She lowered her head just a little bit, closer to the eye-level of the filly, her green eyes shining bright. Hemlock liked when Alysanne was around foals - she was close to her old self, the self he knew when he first hatched. Before everything had started to crumble.

She had to admit that she liked herself better around foals too.

“I’m Aly. Can I help you with something?” Her voice was gentle, curious - wondering what might have brought the pretty antlered girl here to the greenhouse.

If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

@Maude
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

An angel of entertainment arrives, with great, big, white wings that are dipped in onyx, a pretty owl tucked in the curvature where they became one with her painted body. Looking up at the pair with wide, innocent eyes that glittered with hopeful happiness at the prospect of making new friends, especially ones who’d spared her from having to study after all, Maude can only smile all the wider when the woman lowers her head so that she could look into her pretty green eyes.

Hello!” chimes the cherub in swift reply.

Looking at the dozing owl curiously when she’s not given his name, Maude tries her best to nudge that nagging thought aside, to be polite to Aly. She’d already helped the chestnut dipped sapling, of course, but even honest Maude knows when to hold her tongue. What if Aly was friends with daddy, and told him that she’d been avoiding the greenhouse all day? It was best that she didn’t allude to the fact that she had been avoiding anything at all, even if it was just boredom. The cause of the boredom might then come up, and, well, she was just too clever for that!

I’m Maude,” shares the filly, instead, her eyes occasionally looking from Aly’s pretty green ones to the owls adorably round face (and his sharply contrasting, almost frightening, dark eyes), “I was just playin’ wiff the light and my pearls! What’s your friend’s name?

She, of course, means the owl she keeps obviously gandering at.

Sure is cute!” buoyantly continues the filly, “Is he soft? He looks soft.

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Alysanne
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
It was silly of Alysanne to have not introduced her companion, but she had not thought he would wake and would not have wished to disturb him if he did. The filly’s eyes were keen, however, in picking him out and of course he would want to meet the girl! Foals and foxes were his favourite things in the entire world (after Aly and dragonflies - which were his favourite snack).

He poked his small brown head out of Aly’s soft white wings to get a good look at Maude just as his bonded was answering her question. “His name is Hemlock, would you like to meet him?” She watched the girl for a reaction before she turned her head slightly to catch the small bundle of brown feathers that was her companion - calling softly to him. For the benefit of Maude, she spoke aloud and not through their bond. “Hemlock, my love, come meet our new friend.”

He hooted in an excited fashion - adoring Maude already for thinking him cute. It was not a compliment that he took well sometimes, but it all depended on who was giving it. From foals, however, it was less a criticism than it seemed to be from adults.

In a flurry of brown wings, he hopped from his nest in Alysanne’s wings and to the ground - bouncing a few exaggerated leaps towards the filly before hooting again, his way of greeting her personally. “I think he likes you.” Alysanne stated with a laugh, as though it were not obvious. She lifted her head up once more, her green eyes shining with warmth as she watched the two before hre. “He’s very soft, you can touch him if you would like.”
If you could only understand—through my heart and through my veins
I gave it all,
I'll give again.

image | coding

I'M TERRIBLE FOR TAKING SO LONG
don't feel any obligation to reply if you don't want to <33

@Maude
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries