the Rift

[OPEN] big ideas [Festival Foal Games!]

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
Her mother had sent her off during the Festival. She had a job to do, and it was to find other children and try to get them to join the foal games. Yet, Kiada couldn’t quite remember where her Mother had said the foal games would be, and so she gave her own companion a job. She had sent the ivory vulture up into the sky, to find a place that would be perfect in the center for stupid childish shenanigans she didn’t want to be a part of. But Kiada was growing smarter as the days passed, and she quickly learned that if she wanted to get something done and a decent reputation to hopefully one day lead, she needed to do stupid things she didn’t want to – all for the sake of at least saving face.

Soon, Khairi had decided on a spot, a lush place of grasses and rockery in an expansive area where you could see the fireworks and the auroras up above to cradle her attention to the games. The flames that licked along her back wavered and shifted into happy little otters in the hopes that it might entice others to join her. She had been practicing her emotions, practicing the way she portrayed herself with the fire that erupted from her spine, and so far, everything was going great. However, the faces she’d soon find herself around would determine whether or not she kept up the simple masking charade. Her gaze drifted once again, searching for the familiar mirrored face of her brother – knowing that he would more than likely end up showing.

Her tiny hooves carried her spotted body in the center before she lifted her ebony head toward the sky, nickering out a tiny filly-like greeting for others of her age to join her. She hoped they’d be able to hear her, she really wanted this to be a success. Her gaze drifted across the horizon as Khairi began to sweep across the Basin in search of children to join his bonded. And with that, the filly stood there waiting, listening for the familiar sounds of wings and hooves, hoping that others might be more interested in this idea than she was.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

This is for the foal games! :D You can have your character find Kiada or have Khairi (her bearded vulture companion) guide them to her! Not sure what they're going to do, but feel free to have them post with ideas or something! Also, post order is a lie as always <3 @Kianzo

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
Larue
Her eyes, in a rare moment darted to the skies. As a trickster, her attention was more often aimed at the ground and those around her; how would she plan a trick if she wasn’t watching others? But, still, in a moment of foal-like wonder, her eyes darted towards the heavens when the snap of fireworks sounded. The thief-lady (the one that was alongside mom; Roxanne? Regina?) must be practicing things, for it was early, still.

Still, candied, bright teal eyes looked up and found a large, bright white raptor soaring and calling in the skies. Her curiosity piqued, small limbs of pink-hued lemon beginning to quickly scamper, following the flying vulture from the ground.

And the filly was rewarded with one of the thief-lady’s twins (Rexanna! she finally remembered). Her gaze narrowed slightly, warily, at the fiery otters along the other’s back, “Are they hot?” Her pert voice was full of suspicion. She remembers the hot springs stinging her legs when she and her pops had wandered into the hot water. Pops had told her it was the heat that they (those made of candy) should avoid. And the filly, not keen on any kind of pain, had heeded his words (the first she had ever heeded).

Then her gaze darted around, looking for others to arrive, “So, what’re we doing? Why’d your bird come get me?” Her bright gaze darted towards the oversized vulture, lemon-freckled face scrunching slightly as she waited fro the fiery filly to answer her.
image | bckg

@Kiada

Please tag in all posts.

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
Are they hot?” The voice seemed laced in suspicion, yet all Kiada could muster toward the other child was a small snort. “No.” She admitted abruptly, ocean eyes trailing over to see if her answer would relieve the lemon child any. She didn’t know the filly very well, but that didn’t mean anything in herd life as Kiada was beginning to find out. Yet, she was still the only one to have arrived as Khairi landed sharply among her withers, his talons digging into her familiar scarring along her spine as he steadied himself. The filly didn’t even flinch anymore, she was used to the sharp stabbing sensation that was the vulture as he landed upon her back.

We’re supposed to play games, I guess. It’s for the Festival. My mayi told me to start it.” She began, shifting her weight to look upon the filly. “You get the prize, though, since you’re the first one to arrive. What kind of game do you think we should play?” She questioned with a tilt of her head. The spotted child hadn’t a clue what normal children played. Part of her wondered if Kianzo would show, if he would be the one to tell her what kind of games children took part in, what would be interesting to others and nothing too dark like their games had been. She reminisced in the game of killing the rabbits when she met Thranduil with her brother for the first time. No, they couldn’t play games like that. But what did they play? Was it a mixture of hide and seek, or tag, or guess who our parents are?

What even was fun anymore? Her eyes danced around seeking for more children only to be sadly disappointed when she didn’t see the mirrored face of her own. A frown grew on her pink splotched lips, yet her head tilted toward the lemon drop filly with a curious eye.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

We're still looking for more foals and whoever else wants to take part!! @Larue :D

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
Larue
The filly’s ever-alert and always-wandering attention darted to vulture as he landed amongst the fire on the other girl’s back—effectively answer her question about the heat even as the golden girl verbally did. The lemony filly snorted at the word ”supposed”, inherently disliking whatever it was they were ’supposed’ to do, even it if was playing games.

So her lemon-freckled ears tilted back, bright teal eyes darting side to side conspiratorially, before she glanced back to the fire-backed filly at the mention of the word ”prize.” Her eyes narrowed slightly in interest, momentarily forgetting the plan she was hatching, “A prize? What kind of prize?” A rose-thorn hoof impatiently dug in the dirt as she waiting for an answer.

But she didn’t wait long, her avid young mind jumping back into it’s planned prank. “Hey,” she paused, realizing she didn’t know the other filly’s name, “—uh, what’s your name? I’m Rue—“ and abruptly she jumped back into her plotting, “I have some of this plant that makes you really itchy. There’s this old bag’o’bones that I thought I saw laying down and watching the lights over there,” a vague jerk of her candied horn indicated a general location towards the lake. “D’you wanna come with me and drop it all over him?” Her eyes and face, which had grown brighter and more excited with every word, were positively gleaming with enthusiasm, now.

Her tail twitched with anticipation as she waited for an answer, “C’mon, it’ll be fun! It’s not like that old hag could catch us, anyway.” She giggled slightly, already leaning towards her stash of poison ivy. Luckily the plant’s itchy poison did not have the same effect on her skin as it did regular, non-candy skin.
image | bckg

@Kiada and open to anyone! They can play games instead of pull a prank, ofc. Larue just can't help herself :P

Please tag in all posts.