the Rift

Mavuto Posts: 6
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 6
Laine

The little devil barreled through the forest, kicking up a racket and leaving a trail of devastation in her wake. Though she moved with tirelessness, there was a rough tenacity to her path, uncomprehending or uncaring about the variations in the density of the underbrush. Fallen leaves rustled, twigs snapped, and rocks went flying but the determined little powerhouse didn't vary her course for anything smaller than a tree.

Though her small size may have been an excuse to dismiss her, the rest made her down-right unsettling. For one, she was filthy; different shades of dirt and dust clung to her like souvenirs from all the places she had traveled, burs and leaves matted in her short mane and lackluster tail. Second, her wide honey colored eyes had no visible pupuls that had a permanently glazed, manic look about them. Last (and probably most ominous to those of these parts) the stretch of grey that stretched over her back from brow to dock was covered in blood. Though long since dried and starting to flake away, it could not be denied that at some point on the past months something had been drained of it's lifeblood so that she could don this macabre mantle.

It would have been one thing to meet Mavuto when she was in a good mood, but today was not lending itself to that possibility. Everything about her situation was primed to make her agitated. She was too far from her home, the land she was in had too many trees, too many things she didn't recognize, it was even too cold here. Coming from the warm open plains of Dorobo, this was akin to a hellscape and Mavuto didn't even know about frostfall yet.  After a year on the hunt she was at least thankful that the old general was so distinctive looking, but even so her trail was growing colder, her last lead had been years old already. As much as she yearned to return home, she had her mission. She'd set into it with tooth and claw and by all the gods would not let go until she saw it through. She'd find him and she'd take him back, come hell or high water.

M A V U T O
sweat dripping down your chest
thinking ‘bout your tattooed knuckles
that girl is a  p r o b l e m

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

The game of hide and seek has evolved.

Now, he vanishes like a ghost, quite literally. I know this because I accidentally walked into him once, where he surely hadn’t been when I’d looked before walking through, and, once he knew I knew he could do it, he’d been more liberal with the peculiar magic’s use.

I’d discovered his strange magic while looking for him after he’d wandered off one day. What had just been, well, a bush, quite suddenly had become a bush and Duir. Perhaps unnecessary to directly state, it had been quite startling, and also was the first time he’d ever really scared me; his elation at watching me backpedal like a prey animal had stuck with him, and we now played this childish game more often than I’d like to admit.

Being able to meld away was a good thing for Duir, really, and I figured it was a good idea to practice, even if I felt foolish poking my hoof into shrubbery and between suspicious looking tree trunks. It probably made him feel better about being so skittish in all the ways I am bold, never mind that I told him pretty often (when I was sure we were absolutely alone, and no one would hear me be so… Honest? Nice?) that his wariness would probably keep me alive some day. Besides, watching him ripple back into existence from where he was hidden was mildly mesmerizing, though I would never admit it to him out-loud.

Mezzmerites? sings through my head in too similar a fashion to way my bonded’s soul feels for me to doubt it’s him. Some invasive magician would likely be using the proper word, after all, and to make absolutely sure…

"Duir?" I ask, a single word summons his understands because we’re one thing (it’s still the weirdest sensation to me), my voice swallowed up by the raucous sound of someone’s approach, and his own, much more delicate one.

Gross, my companion and I think, almost in unison, as the dirty creature literally bursts into view. Having to step aside to avoid being bulled over, I narrow my eyes at the peculiarly filthy… mare? She’s disgusting enough that I almost forget about Duir’s new found voice, until… You dirty too, rude one.

Looking over at him with offense and shock mingling into one, I quickly look up after the messy individual before she blazes her way off wherever she’s going.

"Hey, lady avalanche!" I shout, trotting after her, "People live in Helovia! You can’t just plow through places!"

Gods, not a fight again, dramatically bemoans my companion with a roll of his forest eyes, anxiously trailing after me.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Mavuto

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen

"A little to the left next time!" He calls after the whirlwind of mare and mess. "You missed the little shit!" He's not afraid to say such things from the safety of a nearby hilltop, but his legs are squared and his haunches tensed to propel him away should the black and gold asshole decide to take him outside for a second thrashing. "I say come around for a second go. Don't worry, he deserves it." Emerald eyes bore down angrily into gold. "Accidents happen all the time."

He's not sure if the mare can hear him, unwilling as he is to look away from the face of his assailant below, but he's sure that he can, and that's good enough. "Don't let Prince Charming tell you what to do either." He calls from the side of his mouth. "He's the last one who should be allocating behaviors to appropriate and inappropriate."

The assholes stag is there too, sheltered by his bondeds fat-ass shadow and looking far less ball shrivelingly terrified today. The elders own companion lifts his head, curious to examine this new to him species. Freaky magic deer, his bonded summarizes for him, aware of the pythons peak in interest through their shared consciousness. 'Nice horns.' Is all the snake has to say on the matter, tongue flicking to memorize and categorize both the scent of the Cerndyr and the acrid odor of the blood smeared mare. 'More room for lounging.' The serpents thoughts are pointed, teasing, accusing. The stallion rolls his eyes. Prima donna.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'
OOC // @Mavuto @Rikyn

albrecht & strom
kaneryuu!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Absent Abyss
Laine

She had barely noticed the young stallion, so focused had Mavuto been on moving forward into this new hellish quagmire of a forrest, but his voice trailed her, as did he as she moved past. The sound of his incessant nagging voice and the motion of him trotting behind her in the farthest corner of her vision grated as bad as the most determined of flies and so she moved to swat it down. With a feral sort of hiss she spun to face her gilded fly, and lurched forward to meet him head on. Manic eyes were wide and wild but they paid no heed to his horn or height; Mavuto had never taken much consideration of an opponent's size when picking fights and the little devil was not about to start now.

“Kutomba mwenyewe!” Her teeth clacked together with the order, sending her quill piercings beneath one eye twitching like exaggerated whiskers. She should have remembered that this was the first horse she had seen in days and a good opportunity to check for leads on her quarry but he’d just had to try and scold her. Though she had difficulty in speaking the language he spoke, she understood enough to know his gist. Who was he to scorn her behavior?!

She got an answer soon enough, or thought she did when another voice reached down to where she stood. Her molten gaze moved to rest on a bearded man some ways away and once she’d worked out his meaning her face split into an amused and toothy grin. Her bark of laughter was sharp, full of appreciation for the bearded man’s suggestions but the “Prince Charming” comment had her turning here eyes back of the pesky fly and reconsidering an attempt to squash him. The idiom was lost on her and she considered before her what she could now assume was a prince whose name was Charming.

A prince of any land should be at least somewhat knowledgeable about the comings and goings, especially of anyone as notable as Tembovu, who was sure to make and impact wherever he went. Now a valuable source of information, Mavuto changed her tack and approached the young stallion with all the charm and grace she would afford to any foreign royalty: none whatsoever. She stepped toward him again, not seeming to care in the least whether she crowded his pompous personal space. “Mavuto look for-the G-general.” She said in her quick, clipped voice. “Kuniambia ambapo yeye ni!” she ordered before she could even catch herself. Gritting her teeth around a frustrated puff of air, she tried to force herself to slow down enough to translate as she spoke.

It took some effort, and her heart was already racing at the prospect of finding a fresh print on her trail. Descriptions of her quarry and questions sprung from her gut to her mouth but she bit them back—her native tongue would do no good here. “He big. One horn, color of sand. Call him Tembovu.” She might have managed better if she could calm down but even her honey eyes burned with intensity as she stared down the “prince” “Talk, Charming!”

Translations
“Kutomba mwenyewe!” - Go fuck yourself!
“Kuniambia ambapo yeye ni!” - Tell me where he is!

M A V U T O

Not surprisingly, it isn’t long before the dirty creature pivots about angrily. What is surprising, however, is the nonsense that falls out of her mouth. Pinning my ears at her instinctively, and defensively (perhaps a bit aggressively, after all), angling my horn between myself and her rather unique face.

Honestly, they come to our country, and they can’t learn our language?

As if the fact that I have an almost rabid, dirt covered wench to deal with isn’t enough, a familiar, cajoling voice reaches my ears; my mind puts a face to him without looking, and Duir’s mental bond sends a duplicate image, when he does turn to see who it is shouting.

"Well cut-em-uppa me-and-you-a to you too," I waspishly retort with as much dominance as I can muster, lion’s tail swaying irritably behind me. I don’t really want to kick her ass (or even touch her at all, really), but I’m also not the sort to back down just because she’s, I don’t know, hormonal or something. Maybe she’s this horrible all the time, and a good kick or two might do her some good; I’ll happily deliver the dosage, if she so desires.

I take the time that she’s looking at the bag of dust and laughing at his juvenile comments to lay molten gold eyes on the jester myself. Another fellow who could use a nice round measure of hoof to face, I find his rudeness no less irritating than I had the last time we’d met. Thankfully for him, I’m in a better mood today, and this scrappy badger woman is far more pressing a matter than even his best taunts.

"You, sir, are the worst loser in the history of Helovia," is said with a roll of my eyes, returning them to the ugly unusual female in wariness of her obviously foul temper.

Mavuto, she’s called. She is looking for a General. More nonsense that I can’t comprehend spews from her mouth, and my eyebrow rises no sooner than it starts. Still, she seems embarrassed enough by her lack of social etiquette, and what she says next is interesting.

Both brows rise this time, my gaze flitting towards the elderly asshole to see if he knows who she’s asking about as well as I do. I don’t really have time to assess much about his expression, however, before my nearest ear to the dirty she-demon is filled with an angry demand and a false title.

Charming? I think, eyes wide with surprise at being bellowed at, and a smile lingering on my lips as I look back at her that she’d called me such a thing, and I thought you didn’t like me!

"King Tembovu, you mean?" I taunt, one brow teasingly rising on my handsome face; my golden eyes seemingly wander off into the tree line, a boyishly shit-headed smirk cast towards the old man (who seemed the sort to understand this sort of behavior, from what little I’d garnered of him, anyway), "Maybe I do know of your General. What do you want him for, hm?"

Suddenly, I let my golden eyes snap back on her, their luminous color shuttered by narrowed lids.

"Someone like you, can’t be anything very nice."

@Albrecht @Mavuto

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

At least this one has a sense of humor, he thinks with an amused snort as the mare turns and flashes her toothy grin his way, laughter gurgling out of her throat in a feral and strangely unsettling key. He hasn't missed the string of nonsense she spewed at the asshole immediately prior, he relished her full throttle screaming actually, watching the other stallions forelock blow back in the wake of her volume, but he isn't able to place the dialect until she speaks again. Mavuto. Tembovu.

"Oh gods, you're not here to fuck him too are you?" He says it a little too loud, a little too exasperated, carefully approaching the pair from the opposite side of the mare than the one that the asshole is currently standing on. "Was he like the last sterile stallion in the country and now you're all forced to seek out his almighty loins when you want to start a family of your own? There's plenty of other candidates here for that purpose you know, widen the gene pool a little."

Tirade number one finished, he curls his neck to look around his newly acquired, blood stained, equine shield, an air of righteous condescension inflating his posture. "And who are you to keep her from her quest, Shitlord Charming?" He makes it through the name without fault, pronouncing the syllables smoothly enough - he thinks - to build off of the mares first misunderstanding. "I assume you won't be dissuaded." He tells the mare, pulling himself entirely behind her sturdy form again. She doesn't seem the type to be dissuaded. So! World's Edge. East. If you hit the ocean, you've gone too far."

'Why help?' His companion questions. Helpful is not a facet of the old stallions personality so far as he can tell and he assumes that he should know better than anyone thanks to the intimate nature of companion bonds. His pear shaped head cocks quizzically. Because the asshole doesn't want to, comes his bondeds crisp reply. 'Oh, of course.'

OOC // @Mavuto @Rikyn

albrecht & strom
kaneryuu!

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Absent Abyss
Laine

When the bearded man moved, her eyes flashed toward him again, her military training not letting a possible trap escape her notice. The two stallions definitely seemed to be at odds but she understood these foreigners and their ways about as much as she understood the concept of serenity, so she didn't think to much of being boxed in my their bodies. An old man and a boy, what kind of scrapper would she bee if she couldn't handle both of them at once?

Still the old man was speaking as he set her up to be used as a shield, and though she didn't understand quite a bit of the later parts of his tirade, she got the gist. Her brow drew up and she stilled-a rare moment of utter disbelief. "Fuck...Tembovu?!" After a stunned second of testing those words in her mouth her smile broke again and she gaffawed. The idea was so ludicrous it amused her to no end. First that she would have an interest of fucking anyone at all but more, that it would be Tembovu? She had worshiped him, as surely many females had, but because he had been a bastion of strength and ferocity to aspire too, not some object of lust.

She grinned at the old man, shaking her head as if to say "Well, I'll be damned!" but the gold-decorated twerp pulled her attention away and got only a scowl. "King Tembovu?!" Hearing that baffled her as much as the idea of fucking the Elephant General. It was exactly what she wanted, had meant for him to come back and take charge but in Dorobo! She would have eagerly accepted more information but the change in the "prince's" demeanor had her taking a step backward with and obvious "What the fuck?" sort of expression. She saw the raised brow, the smirk, all the trappings of teasing charm and didn't understand a bit of it. She had no use for charm, and now that it was coyly standing in the way of the information she wanted, it only served to provoke her.

She bared her teeth and leaned in again “Mavuto not need nice-" she sneered the word, "-to get what she want.” And it seemed she didn't need to bite this cretin full of holes either, for the answers came from behind her. She turned, twitchy anger subsiding as she had no further need of of the gilded fly and his stupid smirk and could now ignore him completely. She regarded the old bearded man, again stymied in her usual mania by surprise. After a year of running like a madwoman across the earth and pulling teeth for the barest hint that someone may have recalled seeing Tembovu in the past several years, this stallion not only had seen him but knew where the General could currently be found? It was almost too good to be true, too good to trust, even if she did like his sense of humor.

She began to shake, an excited sort of quiver, as she glanced eastward. The idea that she was close made her want to bolt, run flat out until she found her target but the title of the place made her nervous. "Edge of the world?" She clipped the question before her eyes drifted up to notice for the first time the snake coiling around the funny one's horn. "NYOKA!" She jerked violently, eyes narrowing in with a vicious kind of rage. If ever the was a creature she hated in this world, it was snakes. "Do not move!" She barked in warning to the stallion. "Mavuto kill it!

M A V U T O

@Albrecht @Rikyn
SORRY STROM <33333

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
It's said she's made of storm cells
and a wild wolf's hungry heart
King Tembovu?!

The shout of her father’s name was enough to get the filly’s attention. She had been out exploring seeking her brother in his lost absence. She had felt a piece missing from her life, a sunken hole in her heart that could only be filled by her lost brother. And in her searching, she found herself coming into the Threshold – a familiar place that had claimed her as its winner in the Basin’s own recruiting contest. So this was nothing new for the child – the woods were growing ever more familiar, her trips were less and less exhausting over the days, and she had actually managed to thrive despite the constant need of her parent’s presence, slipping away as they slept upon stupid little pine needle beds. It wasn’t the same as the Basin, but it was a place she’d have to call home. She still hadn’t gotten used to the fact she had more siblings running amok around the Edge, but for now it would have to suffice. The thought of Khairi nearly biting her half-brothers face was enough to crack a smile across her pink splattered lips.

And so, the filly bounded to the commotion. From her standpoint she could see an intermingling of three equines. From Khairi’s distance in a nearby tree, he relayed their faces. There were two unfamiliar to her, but the third was the ever known Albrecht – the old bones and grump of the Basin. And yet, the words that slipped past the stranger’s maw had her snow rimmed ears perked in interest. “Nyoka.” She knew that word. Her gaze danced across the mare in curiosity, wondering if the mare spoke her father’s language – though after remembering her question of the actual man himself, she felt as though it would be brilliant chance to show some people up.

Ink dipped legs carried the filly to the center, her dark head bobbing in hello’s to Rikyn whom she hadn’t met yet, until her oceanic gaze drifted to Albrecht where she offered a devilish grin. She purposefully placed herself in between the badger woman and the old man, turning her attention onto the stranger that was caked in dirt, blood, and burrs. This was her kind of woman. She smiled to her quietly as Khairi dove from the trees to land upon her withers, his talons digging into small little scars along her gilded appaloosa pelt. The flames across her back danced as griffons and lions, prowling and flying in a heatless fire erupting from her spine. Khairi’s attention was more focused on Albrecht and Rikyn as Kiada focused on the Dorobian stranger.

Si kuua nyoka, rafiki yake tu ana.” She didn’t carry the exact pronunciations that came from those native to the land, but she was learning and was growing ever more fluent with it day by day. She grinned to the woman, tilting her horned head slightly as her oceanic gaze softened on the woman. “Jina langu ni Kiada. Mimi kuishi katika Edge. Tembovu ni bambo yangu.” She beamed brilliantly at the woman, in an effort to try and sway the woman to her side. Then, she paused for a moment to turn to Albrecht and Rikyn. “Hello Albrecht. And hello to you too, I’m Kiada.” Her tiny voice raised to the men in confidence before she turned her attention back to the badger woman. “I can take you to Tembovu, if you’d like?” Tilting her snow marked head, she shifted her stance as Khairi’s rapturous gaze danced between the two men.

"Talk."

si kuua nyoka, rafiki yake tu ana - don’t hurt the snake, it’s his only friend.
Jina langu ni Kiada. Mimi kuishi katika Edge. Tembovu ni bamboo yangu. - My name is Kiada. I live in the Edge. Tembovu is my father.

that she's learnt the lightning's secret—
to ripping darkened skies apart.
Kiada
image | coding

HI GUYS. I HAD TO I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF ;-; @Mavuto @Albrecht @Rikyn

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

The old man’s somewhat expected potty mouth takes an unexpected turn, even for me, leaving my mouth hanging open and golden eyes looking at him with some measure of surprise. Was he really accusing Tembovu of, essentially, impregnating Helovia? Talk about the wrong place to be blurting out insults, I think, an ear tilting about for sounds of others nearby. Even Mavuto, who seems about as cultured as a yeti, or cave bear, sputters shocked remarks at hearing her General spoke of so rudely.

Why did I care if someone came and kicked his ass, anyway? It’s not like I said it.

Want to see him hurt again, Duir remarks coldly, and I glance over at him with a harshness that makes him step backwards once, twice. What did a magical deer know of power, of respect? He’d never even lived in a herd, like I had, and if my mother had been so insulted by this decrepit man as I (or currently Tembovu) were, she’d have punted him off the first cliff face she could lure him to, if she didn’t simply skin him alive with a salted blade first.

That I didn’t kill him when I could have is not enough to ease the anger Duir feels towards me; instead, shame and some other soft emotion reside alongside it, his thoughts thrumming to quickly for me to gather his aura with clarity. He simply quiets, falling back into silence and watching, and I return my focus to the jester and the dirt bag.

When the badger woman bares her teeth at me, however, the glowering expression my buck helped put there blooms into its own volatile arrangement. My ivories clack with a threatening bite on empty air, lion’s tail sweeping behind me in irritation; some might be intimidated by her aggression, others more keen on standing down to let the wild woman be untamed as was her nature. But me?

I dare her to show me her teeth again. I’ll rip her lip off and keep it as the ugliest, most horribly smelling, shriveled trophy ever won.

"Neither do I," lowly voiced, I am sure the point is validated by the hard light in my eyes. We are both warriors, woman. Stand down before we accidentally push the old guy over and break his hip.

When the ancient goat man begins his verbal tirade, all my anger and threats die out in an aggravated snarl. Looking to him with the full brunt of my annoyance with this uppity, dirt covered woman and all of his own preceding remarks, the answer he is given is clipped, and tense.

"A brother, and a son," I irately state, and one who didn’t want to babysit some psychotic thing all the way to the Edge and back, just to know his kin are safe.

Before I can say another word, however, the "psychotic thing" begins to violently shout and flail about in the general direction of the old stallion, overall reaffirming my current thoughts of her. It takes me a moment to begin to understand what the hell is happening, perhaps distracted by the large part of me that hopes she’ll bite out the geezer’s throat. As if her wild gestures and shouts aren’t exciting enough, a child appears, intervening between what seems to be irrational companion fear and an idiot who deserves it.

Driven to prevent any sort of disaster from befalling the child, who is obviously of unicorn heritage and somewhat familiar to me (though, surely, I haven’t a clue who she might be), my own magic is called on as she summons her strange, creature riddled fire. Though I don’t cast my spells as she does, merely balancing the spark on the brim of escape from the bonds of my body, every part of me is waiting for the dirt covered fiend to lunge at either the babe, or the snake. She won’t move a step past that… at least not those she’s chosen to make, anyway.

Never having imagined I’d be so grateful for the appearance of a nonsense spewing filly, I almost breathe a sigh of relief that the language barrier has been partially kicked down, as ironically, the peculiarly familiar babe also knows the gibberish. This time, in the general stream of nonsense, I find two words I either know, or have heard before: nyoka, which is what the filthy mare had shouted at the old man, and Tembovu.

Hey! She looks a lot like him, doesn’t she, what with those lines all over her face…

Albrecht, she names the ancient one. My grasp on my magic falters. Kiada, she says of herself, and my hold on my magic almost falls away all together. Her next question, however, makes my head jettison upwards even higher than its already haughty position. A maiden, no, a princess! Alone, with this bulldozing savage? I think not.

"Calor," I tell her, as I’d told who I believe to be her sire when he’d caught me in his wood, glancing over at the old man with a “fuck you” smile. I might have not lied if he’d been someone I at all cared to share anything with, but for a few cruel words. "Your folks know you’re all the way out here?"

I ask, letting the question lead me right into the next.

"They definitely will if you show up with some stranger," I continue, letting a smile come to life on my face as I share one of my own childhood adventures, "take it from the guy who’s mom still doesn’t know he made it all the way to the Throat from the Basin with his friends once."

[ OOC: ITS SO LONG I'm sorry for my novella smack me with it ;_; ]

@Albrecht

Wishlist - Plots

Up until this point he's been nothing if not the most gracious of hosts, so when the filth covered mare suddenly turns her beautiful, asshole induced rage on him, he staggers backward a few paces in surprise, ears folding flat against the onslaught of noise coming from her mouth. Stroms forward half arcs into a defensive S, his mouth posturing open in startled terror. He's sure that the mare is staring directly at him. A thin hiss slips from his throat, but before his feelings can echo from the mouth of his bonded, another figure slips between the elder and the blood covered mares fixated, murderous gaze.

Neither the snake nor the stallion know what she's saying at first, but the latter easily dismisses the curiosity of her words for that of her rapidly maturing form. His ears flick forward, emerald eyes roaming over the tan and cream marbling of her hips and thighs. She is definitely her mothers daughter, but the lack of maturity showing in the narrowness of her pelvis and chest, even in her height, with most of the total taken up by her seemingly overly long legs, hints as her being only that - a daughter - but one day he's certain she'll stand on her own as a woman, and what a day that will be.

"Kiada." He nods in return to her greeting, glad of both her protective - or simply coincidental? He prefers to think otherwise - stance and the apparent mischievous warmth of her grin. The filly takes over conversing with the volatile woman and the asshole, who still hasn't bothered to introduce himself properly, though the elder continues to find 'asshole' an enjoyable and utterly appropriate stand in, takes her sudden appearance as yet another opportunity to assert his superiority.

"Woooooooow." The black drawls in obvious sarcasm. "What an accomplishment. So badass. Much impress." Emerald eyes roll dramatically. He wonders at the assholes crippling uncertainty of himself, so desperate to prove his masculinity that he has to attempt a one-up on a mere child. Pathetic, he judges. "But as interesting as that is, I think I'm done here." He peers around the most interesting, in his opinion, Rex-ovu child to toss one more line to the badger-mare. "The Aurora Basin would welcome another fighter if you find the Edge to be too..." He pauses, side-eying the filly between them with meaning. "Humid."

With that he turns, one ear plastered to the black and gold asshole should he decide to follow and assert himself by pummeling an old man for a second time. 'What a piece of work.' His companion notes acidly, drawing a half smile from his bonded. "You got that right." He answers aloud, glad of their shared dislike, but even more of the snakes recovery from his earlier fright. He can feel the young pythons heartbeat slowing to a more normal rhythm with each step they take away from the group and he wagers that that's more than enough socializing for one day anyway.

OOC // @Mavuto @Rikyn @Kiada

albrecht & strom
kaneryuu!

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Absent Abyss
Laine

Mavuto hated snakes, hated anything that made or dealt with poison or venom of any kind, pain should be dealt by force, anything else was demonic, was witchcraft, and should be destroyed. Unfortunately for the python, who of course had no venom, this hatred bubbled over to target most anything with scales, just in case. Why this stallion should be so unconcerned that a cursed demon would be slithering sinisterly around his horns didn't make a lick of sense to Mavuto. She thought these foreign places were strange enough but she hadn't expected the people here to be insane. (Like she was one to talk about sanity.) Mavuto snarled at the snake, ready to bite, ready to kill, but in front of the old stallion and his demon stepped the guise of a small girl who was on fire.

With a surprised shout, Mavuto leapt back her wide eyes panicked and she hissed madly. There wasn't just fire cresting the girl'd back, but shapes moved in the flames. a few quick pivoting steps took her back and away from the other three so she could keep them all in view at once. Her mind, jittery during the best of times, rapidly tried to make sense of what she saw, but it was all one scattered mess. Magic was a distant myth in Dorobo, and as she looked between the there horses before her, none of them seemed at all phased by what they say. Insane. All of them are insane! Oh she just wanted to be home, home where she understood, home where things made sense/

And then she was, or something in her panicked brain thought she must be because there were words she recognized; they filtered into her ears as if from far away until she focused on the, latched onto them. In a sea of things she didn't understand, the familiar words were an anchor, a balm. Her amber gaze fell back to the little girl, it was she who spoke them. The frenetic mare calmed, internally, and visibly as well, softening, lowering and extending her muzzle gently towards the girl. "Jina langu ni Mavuto, kutoka Dorobo." She said quietly still trying to make sense of all the things Kiada had said to her. Albrecht and Rikyn were summarily ignored in favor of the beautiful little filly who (for the most part) made sense. "Tembovu ni baba yenu? I ni kuwa bemn wanamtafuta."

She took a step toward the girl and bent her head low as if she and Kiada here conspirators "Kwa nini wewe juu ya moto Kiada?" she sounded quite reasonable, at leats as much as she could but her words were still quick, especially now that she fell back into her own language. "Na nini maana ya nyoka ni rafiki yake? Je, yeye kufanya mikataba na mapepo? she glanced at albrecht at this, but the snake-befriender was of little concern now that she had a firmer line on locating her former general. "Je, wewe kuchukua mimi Edge" Perhaps it was best not to tell the girl she planned to immidiatly take Tembovu back to Dorobo with her.

Translations
"Jina langu ni Mavuto, kutoka Dorobo" - My name is Mavuto, from Dorobo.
"Tembovu ni baba yenu? I ni kuwa bemn wanamtafuta." - Tembovu is your father? I have been looking for him.
"Kwa nini wewe juu ya moto Kiada?" - Why are you on fire Kiada?
"Na nini maana ya nyoka ni rafiki yake? Je, yeye kufanya mikataba na mapepo?" - And what do you mean the snake is his friend? Does he make deals with demons?
"Je, wewe kuchukua mimi Edge?" - Will you take me to the Edge?

@Kiada @Albrecht @Rikyn
WOW That took me forever, sorry guys!!!

M A V U T O

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
It's said she's made of storm cells
and a wild wolf's hungry heart
Perhaps she had grown far more confident in her abilities to recruit from the festival’s results. Either way, she let her gaze drift from the woman in front of her as Rikyn speaks – darkened head swiveling toward the ebony knight. “Calor.” He introduces himself, and she dipped her head in a greeting fit for a princess, though one that carried a sword instead of sorrow. “Your folks know you’re all the way out here?” With that, she nodded. She had told her parents she was going to search for Kianzo – surely they weren’t too far away now. Though, she was a troublemaker and loved to slip away unannounced.

Yet, the guy kept going, and Khairi squawked in annoyance toward the man. She flashed him a similar devilish grin as she had for Albrecht. “Oh, they know. Lord Deimos pleasantly announced it as he crowned me the Orangemoon’s recruitment winner in front of both my parents.” She winked to him, surely if he was at the Basin at one point he’d know who Deimos was, right? She was far too young to imagine a world where the stone pillar didn’t rule the icy fortress of the North. Still, as Albrecht began to speak in return to Rikyn, Kiada couldn’t help but to let a small giggle escape her splotched lips. As the old man begins to take his leave, she turns to him and nods with a small milky smile before her attention returns to the more pressing of the matters.

As the woman speaks, Kiada does her best to catch up. She moves closer to her, and Khairi’s head swivels to survey the creature the closest to her. The vulture is extremely protective of his princess, and he’ll do anything he can to ensure her safety in difficult situations. Yet, Kiada’s ears flicker to the woman as she offers her own muzzle in greeting, doing her best to figure out just what she’s saying to reply. Her name is Mavuto, from Dorobo like her father! Pride billows in her chest as she listens to the next set of words. “Ndiyo, yeye ni baba yangu!” She begins, a smile finding her lips. But then, the woman shifts forward as if they’re speaking of some secret plan and the woman instead asked her why she was on fire. A small laugh escapes her lips as she lets her gaze seek hers out. “Nina uchawi, Mavuto. Wao ni wapole, msiwe na wasiwasi.” She adds in with a small wink.

Then the woman asks why the snake is Albrecht’s only friend and she simply laughs at the question, small ebony tail flicking against her hide. “Nyoka ni rafiki wake, kama tai yangu ni yangu.” She admits, nodding her head toward the white fulture stained in blood along her withers that offers a coo in return as if to agree. Then, she asks if she will take her to the Edge and Kiada nods in agreement to her question. Then, her attention turns to Rikyn once again with a smile. “She wants to come to the Edge with me. I can handle her myself, but if you don’t trust me with that, you can come too.” She offers, her cerulean gaze hardening as if to dare him to not trust her.

After a few moments passed, she turned from the woman toward the direction of the Edge, her ebony head tilting back over her golden and spotted body. “Hebu kwenda Mavuto!” She called in a cheerful child’s tone.

"Talk."

Ndiyo, yeye ni baba yangu! - Yes, he is my father!

nina uchawi, Mavuto. Wao ni wapole, msiwe na wasiwasi. - I have magic, Mavuto. They are harmless, do not worry.

Nyoka ni rafiki wake, kama tai yangu ni yangu. - The snake is his companion, like my vulture is mine.

Hebu kwenda Mavuto! - Let’s go Mavuto!

that she's learnt the lightning's secret—
to ripping darkened skies apart.
Kiada
image | coding

@Mavuto @Rikyn I tried to leave it open for Rikyn to decide if he wants to come or not. Up to you Bunnie! If you’d like I can tag him in the welcoming thread if you think he’ll just want to ensure she stays safe and stuff?

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.