the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lessons Learned?

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The Elephant King stood in front of the glass dragon, navy eyes slowly tracing the gleaming outline of the great statue. This had been the last place he had seen Hawezi, his first son. And now his second son, Kianzo, was missing as well. Black-rimmed ears tilt backwards, dark gaze leaving the empathy-less statue to instead look at the ground around his ivory hooves. The soil in the Edge was rich, forever fed by the falling leaves from the thick trees and forever watered by the persistent mists. And rich earth provided a solid, welcoming home for roots.

And the King had established roots. Many of them… His great skull shook slightly. He did not want to delve down this path of mental self-flagellation when he had sent Mbwene to find Nyx’s child. The bladed-horn hellion who wielded lightning creatures whose sting was as sharp as her own tongue. The King blinked, wondering how she had fared under Evangeline’s wing after the meeting. He had not spent much time with the Moon Doctor; but what little time he had spoken with her implied that she had little patience for outspoken, abrasive young fillies. A shadow of a lopsided grin crossed his muzzle—he was willing to guess that their conversations had been colorful.

And so, with a massive hip cocked slightly (he was still sore from Edgar’s attack, despite Lyanna’s healing), he waited in half-amused, half-somber silence. The ever-shifting mists briefly cleared for a moment, and the dragon’s amethyst eyes twinkled down at him—was there pity in those glittering, lavender jewels? The Dorobian stallion stared at them for a few, long moments, before snorting and shaking his head. Turning, he gave the dragon statue his haunches, waiting for the little gargoyle princess to arrive.

"."
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Oizys To ask how her lesson with Evangeline went ;) hehe
There's no rush on this, I just wanted to get it up in OM
Feel free to PP Mbwene however to fetch her ;D

Please tag Tembovu.

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'D RATHER BE DANGEROUS

There are few things more embarrassing for a young girl than getting what is colloquially known as 'The Shits' in front of an older peer. Oizys certainly has not forgotten her little incident with Evangeline, nor is she inclined to forgive the sassy bitch of a healer for her transgression anytime soon. She has, however, been lying low and praying that word of her fecal faux pas won't reach the ears of her other herdmates, who would undoubtedly find the gobby filly's humiliation hilarious.

The last thing the gargoyle wants, then, is to be harassed by a persistent and pestilent elephant when she is trying to relax away from her boring-ass lessons. She recognises the grey-skinned irritant as belonging to Tembovu, and judging by the animal's determination, her dear king wants to see her. "But what if I don't want to see him?" she snarks at the elephant, who doesn't seem to particularly care about her target's protestations. Ker rears high on Oizys' withers and flares her wings at the stunted grey creature, serenading it with shrieks and bellows of birdlike menace. Somehow, though, the filly doesn't think that is going to deter Mbwene from her seemingly iron-cast determination to bring her to her master.

Eventually, Oizys relents. With a snort of disgust, she stomps after the elephant, being sure to make as much noise as physically possible in order to broadcast her displeasure. Her ears are flat to her head and her mouth is twisted in an ugly snarl, which only increases the brutal hideousness of her rippling facial scars.

They find Tembovu stood in front of a glass dragon, whom Ker gives another barrage of frightened squawks before she realises it's not alive and liable to eat her. Oizys hisses her disgust at her bird's cowardice, before allowing her attention to drift from the dragon towards her King. "Wow, a giant-ass glass dragon...are you compensating for something, big fella?" Her gaze, as innuendo-laden and salacious as her mother's, chances a cheeky glance downwards with a quirk of her brow. No doubt her dam would have an aneurysm at the lack of respect that glows resplendent in her daughter's voice, but when has Oizys ever had any fucks to spare for what other people think of her?

image credits

@Tembovu I'M SORRY SHE IS A SHIT

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

The small matriarch’s huff and glare at her bonded the moment she and the gargoyle princess appear before the glass dragon tells the Elephant droves about how she felt towards the three-horned hellion. Owe me, her voice grumbled in his skull, before she gave a stern side-eye to the yearling filly before stomping off to shove some Orangemoon-dried fodder into her mouth. While she will not gain the time she had wasted on retrieving Oizys back, she can make herself feel better by eating. And so she does. Copiously.

Tembovu, failing to hide the amusement that twinkled behind his creased eyes at his companion, turned his attention fully on the yearling’s scarred face. Her eagle’s raucous outburst caused his ears to tilt back against the barrage of noise, brows raising in question until he realized that they are aimed at the dragon behind him, rather than at the King, himself.

“Wow, a giant-ass dragon…are you compensating for something, big fella?” Though the King was not one to allow insults of insolent little girls to hurt his preception of self, her words did bring his attention back to the lingering soreness between his legs from Edgar’s attack. The colder weather seemed to remind him of that particular shortcoming.

He sighed, the corners of his pursed lips tilting up slightly in poorly concealed, wry amusement at her flippant and fresh remarks. “Hello, Oizys,” his deep rumble held traces of rebuke at her lack of decorum. But that was not the purpose of his calling her here, and the King could tell that, with this filly, he would have to choose his battles strategically.

“Orangemoon has come to an end, as I am sure you already know,” again, wry amusement flashed across his face, for he was certain that the filly counted down the days until the end of her ‘punishment’ with the healers, “Tell me what you learned from our Moon Doctors.”
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Oizys

Please tag Tembovu.

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'D RATHER BE DANGEROUS

He doesn't respond or attempt to scold her for her inappropriate comment, so he gets brownie points for that at least. With Oizys, it's best to go along with her vulgarity and focus on the even less desirable traits that she possesses - her casual cruelty, her seemingly endless ability to stick the metaphorical middle finger up at attempts to control her. Either that, or it's best to avoid her entirely, something even her own mother has recently taken to.

As expected, the Elephant King wishes to discuss the lessons that Oizys was subjected to during Orangemoon's seemingly endless span. She thinks wryly of her first lesson, how eventful it had been, to say the least. "I learned that it's possible to sleep with my eyes open," she says, sickly sweet, with a wicked simper evident upon her muzzle. The remainder of her lessons had been as boring as balls, and she'd spent most of them yawning pointedly. It hadn't worked, though. "I also learned never to eat anything a healer gives you if you're not sure what it is, because they're a devious bunch of bitches masquerading under the illusion of altruistic fix-your-booboos sweetness." Her muzzle shrivels and a shudder of disgust spreads across her body. On her back, Ker stifles a beaky chortle; she knows better than to express amusement at her bonded's shit-related humiliation.

"In all seriousness, yeah, I admit they have their uses. Then can stitch you back together, and they can poison anyone you don't like, which is fucking awesome. Overall, though? I stand by what your General said. Every herd needs a good healer, but they shouldn't be leaders. They can fix up our warriors after a fight, they can booby-trap the meals of our opponents, but nothing I've learned convinces me that they have what it takes to rule. A leader needs to be able to fight - if our new Queen can kick ass, then that's great, but I'm willing to bet she can't. People will probably say you don't need two military leaders, but in my eyes every king or queen needs to have at least some battlefield knowledge. Otherwise, what's Queenie going to do if somebody challenges her for her position? Poke them in the eye with a leaf?" She takes a breath, her cold grey gaze never leaving Tembovu. Unusually, her words don't hold venom or rage - she is simply stating facts as she sees them, and her opinion. For once, her opinion is backed up by what she's learned, not just what she thinks will offend most. "And if leaders keep changing because they can't defend themselves against challenges, the herd isn't going to have stability." She thinks of Elsa and shudders in disgust; the Icebound is living proof that military leads can suck as well, but overall she thinks the success rate is higher if they can fight.

"So, sorry if you expected me to come out of my lessons as a reformed kid, but my opinion stays the same." The gargoyle looks defiantly up at the large stallion, her gaze firm and her resolve absolute. Childhood stubbornness has developed into Oizys being very dedicated to what she believes in - her own brand of loyalty.

image credits

@Tembovu

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

His black brows raised—the filly has learned to sleep with her eyes open? He isn't certain if that was the sort of thing he had in mind for Oizys to learn when he sent her to the healers. Perhaps he needed to talk with Evangeline… But then she continued speaking, her wicked simper shriveling to a shudder as she spoke of not trusting anything a healer gave one to.

This King cannot help the amused grin that tipped up the corners of his muzzle—perhaps the filly had learned the value of healers, after all. They were not the useless, flower-filled body bags that flittered around injuries and tended to the greenhouse. Approval smoothed the lines around his dark eyes as Oizys continued. And, despite her qualifier of still thinking the Edge should be led by warriors, he felt satisfied with his decision to have her apprentice alongside the Doctors for a season.

“The purpose of you learning from the healers was to show you their worth, Oizys. That, I think, you have learned. It was not to change your entire opinion of the world, though that seems very set in stone for one so young,” his deep voice rumbled once the yearling filly had stopped speaking, his navy gaze evenly meeting her defiant stare. His lips pressed together slightly as he thought on his next words, knowing that he had a limited amount of time (if any) for this youngster to be impressionable and receptive to the words he spoke.

“But, as I said, you are very young. And there is more to leading a herd than bloody battles and shows of strength. Though the Edge does remain prepared to defend itself, we currently live in peaceful times, thus our leadership should reflect that. It should be balanced,” and he sighed, knowing that his words were growing long (perhaps too long) for a youth’s attention. “Regardless, you are released from your apprenticeship with the Moon Doctors, Oizys,” with that, his massive head dipped, eyes still pinned on the tri-horned, small skull of the outspoken, brazen filly, “May you grow to be an even more fearsome warrior because of it.” A slight grin and twinkle passed through his dark gaze—part of him hoping that perhaps he, or the Edge, would gain the gargoyle princess’s loyalty when she did grow into her fearsome propensity for violence. Mbwene snorted at the idea, face still full of dried roughage.
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Oizys We can end it here or continue! It's up to you :D <3

Please tag Tembovu.