the Rift

[OPEN] Child of Regret [BIRTH]

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
The dark swallowed and suffocated the little mare, it blinded and forced her to step without a sure foot. Sabia was stuck in the time after the sun set and the moon had yet to rise. The mare was swollen and plump as she waddled through the sands ears folded back on her skull. Fear and pain exploded inside of her, she could count the minutes before the pain would come, a sharp jab at her sides. Sabia was no fool, she had done this before, the virus inside her it was coming, and soon.

Yet there was no joy or excitement about this thing inside her, there was no consent into its conceivement, simply thinking about the creature she named Saoirse sent a panic in her heart and a chill through her veins. Sabia would not have this child of regret, of her own foolish mistake, not tonight.

Waddling through the sands she lowered her snout to the ground and snorted in pain as another sharp pain kicked at her sides. There was no way she could make it to the complete safety of the herd it seemed the winged mare would rest here. However as she lowered herself to the sand there was a fleeting thought in her mind, a blackness of poison, an unwelcome thought: 'if I sleep here unsafe and away from the herd, will that man find me?' Sabia dismissed it as quickly as it came because there was no possible way that he could find her, she simply didn't believe it. She laid herself on the soothing warm sands and allowed a restless sleep to take over, the monster inside a sharp reminder that no one was safe.

A white hot flash of pain bursts across Sabia's vision and jerks her into reality. The sky is is growing brighter, the sun rising over the horizon. A gasp escapes from her lips and is quickly followed by another as a sharp pain jabs at her far worse then the ones from the night before. Sabia is scared and wants the safety of her herd the mare's breath is quick almost panting and her sides are heaving from the struggle to breath. Sabia tries to stand and gets both front legs up before more pain brings her back down on her side. The next pain was so violent sabia cried out and flapped her wings, the baby was coming now and she would be alone to deliver it just like last time, what if it died just like mast time too? Oh God she couldn't deal with that.

It was possible that she would be alone to birth this baby, be alone when- if it died, be alone till the end. If it survived however she couldn't look at it without shame, a baby she didn't want, the mare could see herself now, walking it back to the herd and avoiding gazes as everyone looked down at the new child. The new part of their family.

The pain grew more placed together, the pain unbearable. Sabia began to cry and a weak shaky sob escaped her lips as she called out "please don't let me be alone..." but she was, that is the grim reality. So as the sun began to rise and brighten the sky Sabia pushed and pushed until she thought that maybe she would finally die...but she didn't and soon she felt the relief from the pain as she gave that final push and the baby lay on the warm sands. Sabia lay there for a few seconds gaining strength and courage to look at the baby and make sure it was okay. Raising her head the feathered mare looked over though she couldn't see if it was breathing.

Sabia was ashamed that there was a small little voice in the back of her head praying, 'please don't breath don't live...that man shouldn't be allowed to have a spawn in this world...' but she also knew that this was her child. Sabia would raise it and make sure that it never became like its father so she stood on shaky legs and moved to the baby.

First she nudged it gently with her velvet nose and then began to lick it clean. Humming to him like she had when he grew in her stomach, praying to the sun God that her little Saoirse would live. "Wake my beautiful child...its time for you to see this world" although he looked much like his father he would never be like that man, Sabia would make sure of that.

"Wake and see the light..."
Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  Sorry this took so long! Please wait for the two tagged below before posting if you're interested!
@Albrecht
@Saoirse
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar
Sunshine and ocean breeze, salt in the cool wind, embracing new flesh like the day embraced each swoon of air. Natural and forthcoming; thus, another cycle of rebirth from the old gives rise to its lungs with a frightful cry. Spluttering coughs that struggle to inhale that shapeless thing called air.

Wicked was the unexpected trauma that came with childbirth. It was without explanation, without proper memory or desire to experience the sudden departure of warmth and muted noise. Of mother’s sweet offerings in her voice, of the dips and the rhythms that toyed with the scattered mind of a soul hardly rooted. But it was there, somewhere, and it started with a cry and a shudder into the new world.

The newborn shook now and then, when each waft of air from the ocean rolled past. Their cries lessened as their verdant eyes formed a multitude of thoughts, swirling into eternal oblivion, expanding out of necessity. It would have consumed them if not for the warmth placed against its shoulder. Quieting all that sought to grab their attention to the velvet of their nose. The child watched, strangely fixated at the figure that had taken it upon themselves to offer this reoccurring warmth. It smelt familiar, the odd humming became distinct; words that the child felt compelled to reciprocate. But could only manage an, “-ah!” Excited to be reunited with such a lovely scent – an anchor for which the child could traverse the vast unknown beyond them.

It must have been some kind of joy that bloomed within them. A celebration that ushered their body up with unsteady, wobbly knees and limbs, eager to partake no matter how or why. Virgin wings snapping out and in, attempted to stabilize the rather rambunctious creature. They were thinking too quickly, ahead of their limbs and stumbled into the sand, tumbling back against the uneven ground. They squeaked, shook their head and sneezed from the unsettled sand.

@Sabia @Albrecht

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht

The mare walks, her wings folded uselessly at her sides, and the old stallion, watching her distended belly swing from side to side with each waddling step, assumes she's just too heavy to lift herself into the air anymore. He treads several moments behind, but close enough to keep her in sight, and as he watches, she suddenly stops. Her head lowers and even from this distance he can hear the low groan that slips past her throat and pinched nostrils.

Glancing over the mares back, he can clearly see the border of the Dragon's Throat in the distance, but watching her gasp and fold to the ground, he knows that they won't make it that far. Her pregnancy is farther along than either of them imagined. Too bad for her, he thinks, but lucky for him - he won't be forcibly removed from the birth of his child here.

Ears pressed forward, the stallion creeps near. He can see the violent spasms of contractions swirling across the mares sides and flanks, as if something within is grabbing and clenching the muscles there. He's seen foalings before, but this... this is something different. He'd been a welcomed guest then, an exalted participant. Now he hovers fretful and unsure at the mares back, out of her line of sight and acutely aware that he must be the last living soul that she'd want or expect to be here, but there's no denying his involvement.

The colt, for he can see and smell now that it's a boy, has the same fiery auburn hair for mane and forelock as him, the newborns normalized to the top of his neck, but the same telltale color as his fathers. There's another shock of copper fluff at the tip of his tiny, whip-like tail, also like his father, and on his small brow are two bumps that will one day be horns. He certainly didn't get those from his mother, but her influence is there too, in the additional limbs sprouting from his shoulders, in the pins lined all along them that will one day be flight feathers. She's in the lightness of his coat too, and the fineness of his head.

The stallions ears fall back, his heart clenches painfully. "Will you keep him?" He blurts out, eyes never leaving the newborn as he makes his first attempts at standing and walking, at squeaking in mimicry of the noises around him. "Will you care for him?" 'Careful.' His companion warns gently, fearful of the new mothers reaction to the sound of his bondeds voice.

They'd only meant to watch originally, but the depth and range of emotion whirling through the stallions mind at the sight of his son - the blacks chest tightens at every iteration of the term - is too strong for the serpent to temper with his own calmness, and he's not sure that he should anyway. This small creature that shares some of his bondeds features has brought out more emotion in the old stallion with his mere existence than any other soul or scenario has managed to do in the whole of the young pythons life.

"I can take him..." The black offers anxiously. Ignoring his companions warning, he edges closer, inhaling the scents of blood and mucus and foal.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'
OOC // Followed @Sabia from the Endless Blue in this thread. @Saoirse

image by mar!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
A strange version of joy bursted in Sabia’s chest as her child took its first breath of air and it’s eyes opened, green like the monster that helped create him. Sabia raised a wing to protect this new creature from the harsh morning winds, a fierce protectiveness washed over the mare for Saoirse. Even though he came about through pain and unwillingness he was still a part of her and that meant he could be better then that man. Deep in the mare’s throat came deep noises that almost sounded like clicking, her mother did it for Sabia and she would do it for him. It was soothing.

Sabia was surprised that Saoirse would try to stand so fast but instead of stopping him she slowly backed up to give him room. It was as expected that he fell back to the ground and a silky chuckle escaped the mare’s maw she went to him and licked in between his ears. “Nice try my love” she whispered “you can do it...I know you can.”

In the silence somehow Sabia did not notice the creature hiding behind the dunes, and she would not recall him from anywhere either. Her mind shut out that time. A voice drifts from the peaceful silence, a question, Sabia lifts her head and looks around but does not see the owner of the voice but she assumes it is a Dragon Throat member.

“Of course I will keep and care for him...Im a healer” she responded. It meant Im a healer and if I didn’t care for him I would be going against my job not he’s my son of course I will care for him.. Sabia looked back down at her child and ran her silk nose down his neck as if to calm him.

Sabia’s deaf and working ear both folded at the offer to take her son. “No...no I can care for my child” she said in a calm and confused voice. “Who is this im talking to...you may come closer if you wish..” she said gently.

Notes:
@Albrecht
@Saoirse
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar
He squeals when she licks between his ears. Shaking his head from her and throwing it back to stare up at. Mother’s a mixture of warmth, really; she’s ashen without the coolness of gray. Rosette bleeds into her shoulders, blossoms into hair and wing tips. The sound of her voice makes Saoirse bubble up with a giddy sort of air. It makes him want to do things!

And he tries again, to stand, as another sound interjects into the air. Lunging forward with wobbly legs, and pushing off as the deep voice rumbles forth. Something tells him he should stick close to the warm being beside him, but the second scent that follows along doesn’t seem to scare him.

The mare, his mother, offers a velvet nudge. Saoirse can’t help the shiver that runs through him. Breaks out into a subdued hum, as he wiggles his infantile tail. A tiny cord of bone and thin flesh that ends at a velvet knot. Saoirse is far too invested in his quest for movement, that he ignores the conversation between the two adults. He makes gains, moving forwards and growing more excited with each step he takes. It shows as he flaps his flightless wings, and cries out - look at me! - with a bright whinny.

It’s like walking on stilts, and he’s gaining speed. The boy doesn’t know how to stop once he’s started, and soon he’s making across the dune to the top and –

There’s not enough sand. A tiny hoof grasps air, and his hind legs shudder. Uncertain, unaccustomed to pulling weight back, and the child is tumbling down the soft dune. Giggling and cooing out when they slow at its bottom. The world still spinning, as the boy’s head pops up and looks around. Settling on the bottom fuzzy stallion.

@Sabia    
@Albrecht

Albrecht

What he can hear of the mares dialogue is soft and soothing, encouragement and affection. He doesn't hear any edge of resentment in her tone, but he knows that that isn't a definitive log of her feelings. He watches, rapt, as she nuzzles and cleans the colt, stokes his fuzzy crest as he wobbles his way to his hooves for the very first time. She says that she'll keep him, care for him, and he knows that he shouldn't, can hear the well meaning reason in his companions pleading of him to stay back, to leave now that the mare is on all fours agains, but she's inviting him and all he wants to do is see the boy. 'You have seen the boy.' His companion snaps, fear for the stallions safety making him terse, so the black amends, meet him, and creeps forward a few slow paces.

He can't be sure at what distance or angle the mare will be able to fully see him, but he instantly loses control of the introduction when the newborn suddenly launches himself into a haphazard run, his infantile wings flapping away in excitement. He charges straight toward the old man as if he's been born with some extra sensory ability to track his blood relatives. 'Of course.' The snake moans in despair, curling tightly around the blacks right horn while the colt skids and tumbles and finally rolls to a stop nearly beneath the old black. Ears cupped forward, afraid to step clear of the tiny body for fear of letting him slip the rest of the way down the sand revine, he stands and lowers his head to breathe in the laughter and life of the boy at his hooves, his tangled and dirty beard falling to touch where his muzzle still hesitates. "Hello." He breathes. "I'm your father."

He knows such a statement will be meaningless to a newborn, but he feels compelled to make it anyway, to claim his title and place in this childs life, however limited or unwelcome it might be. One day the boy will be grown, a man free of his mothers (well justified) opinions. Maybe then he'll have more than these fleeting moments, but for now he'll take what he can get.

OOC // @Sabia @Saoirse

image by mar!

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
It seemed very sudden that her newborn son stood and jolted himself forward across the red dunes. A whinny of surprise escapes Sabiaś lips and then she is off to chase after Saoirse before he can hurt himself. Flapping her great wings in haste the mare reaches the top of the sand dune and looks down to see Saoirse at the hooves of a stallion.

Sabia freezes, men were a terrible thing in her opinion (aside from her son and the men she trusted of the Throat) being upwind she could not smell what herd this man came from. Narrowing her sea green eyes she studied the man, he looked familiar but she could not place him and if he was a threat.

Not hearing the words that the man spoke she trotted down the slope until she stood in front of the man and her son. ¨Apologies mister” she spoke in a sweet tone and gently pushed Saoirse to get up. Although Sabia could not place this familiar man she wished to be back in the safety of the herd.

Turning an eye to the man she asked, ¨have we met before?¨

Notes: Sabia blocked out that terrible memory of that night
@Albrecht
@Saoirse
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar
Saoirse keeps his wide, open eyes on Albrecht. The world collapses to their foreign scent that grapples with his nose, the despairing color of black and rust feathered belly. He would have found pine lodged in that smell, had he known where it came from, knew what it was – assaulting his senses with the uncertainty of the stallion’s presence. The small, lanky child tenses, his ears flatten as they dip down with their maw.

Should he run?

Saoirse deflects his head away, flinching, snapping his eyes shut – forgetting to call out for his mother. He bottles up, shuts out that small world in earnest for the familiar to grab hold, pull him out. A whimper is all that escapes him, a bleat, a small and urgent sound that pierces the air.

The long and curled beard tickles atop his head. Ushering those sea green eyes open, and an unexpected giggle to release from his mouth. It feels funny, odd, misplaced and sudden. Though it’s not long before Sabia returns, her voice casting out to reel him in. Saoirse breathes in deep for her smell, and lunges up as she places a firm, steady push up. He casts the black a wary, albeit mixed glance filled with his previous uncertainty. But moreso, a sparkling interest that shies the boy close to his mother’s legs, watching steadily from underneath her cover.

The boy realizes Albrecht isn’t quite like them. Lacking the things that sprawl out from their sides, the fluff that traverses from their extra limbs to their chests and shoulders. The odd stranger, the black shadow, whichever or whatever it was – lacked their physical components. He was strange and odd, different, misplaced – and the boy could not part his gaze for the fear of missing what this oddity might do.
@Albrecht

Albrecht

He's not sure what reaction he expects from the mare upon seeing him - anger, hatred, fear, resentment - but he does expect some kind of reaction, so when she just looks confused and unsure of herself instead he takes a hesitant step back, still waiting for the sudden dawning of recognition across her face and the ensuing lash of well deserved violence toward him. Both ears flick back against the safety of his skull, his body bracing, but the unexpected apology and even less expected question tease one black satellite forward again, his brows drawing down and in.

He watches her prod the boy to get up, yielding a few more steps backward just in case. He watches the direction and pressure of her touch on the boys skin, still not convinced that she'll keep and care for the son of a stranger - a rapist - not in the way that a child conceived by any other means might be, but still she stares at him and if there's any glimmer of recognition in those sea foam eyes its hidden deep beneath the surface, much too far for an old stallion to notice.

"Don't think so." He answers quietly, meekly at first, but then stronger, his mind warming to the idea - and the possibilities. "Handsome boy." He adds with a nod, stepping forward to extend his muzzle toward the colt a second time, letting the small distance between them stand as an open invitation for his exploration. One ear stays locked unfalteringly on the mares head and neck should she suddenly have an epiphany about his character - or lack thereof - but for now he'll agree to forget so long as she does, though the deal is unfairly weighted on his behalf. Fool her once, shame on him they'll say, but fool her twice and it's shame on her own dumbass decisions as far as he's concerned.

"I saw you go down and thought you might need a little help." He lies, flashing a smile at the pair that's entirely genuine in its delight, if not its sincerity. Who is he to deprive the mare of her worldly lessons, he silently asks the snake, met by a wash of the companions sudden approval. The python stipulates through broken trains of thought and a string of fuzzy ideals that he could do without the attention stealing afteraffects of his bondeds escapades, but agrees without complaint that they are fun to create.

OOC // Tags removed, sorry if you got multiples!

image by mar!

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia

When the small whimper of fear from Saoirse reaches Sabia's ears the new mother feels this unlogical sense to attack the man who so clearly isn't hurting the foal. That feeling though was washed away with his giggle, she had never felt so protective over anything in her whole life than she did right now for Saoirse. The blind trust he put in her for no reason other than that she's all he knew spread warmth into her heart.

Sabia glances down at her child between her legs as the man complimented him. "He takes after his-" it was obvious what she was going to say but...she didn't remember who his father was. With ears folded she searched in her mind for at least an image but she came up blank. Clearly jostled by this information she didn't have the mare simply shook her head and listened with her one good ear to the man.

"How kind of you, thank-"

Sabia's eyes slowly move to the man's tail, there's something inside her that bursts to life. The most primal fear she had ever felt, an urge to just fly away and never come back. Every fiber of her being was pulled tight and telling her to hide, far from this man.

Because in the hair of his tail...was her feather.

Sabia's wide  eyes move from him to her wings, and then she makes a move. The mare pushes her child up the hill urgently, pushing his rear with her nose. Not caring if he wasn't ready, she just wanted to protect him and go! go! go! Sabia only looked back once with fear and hate in her eyes because, she remembered now...
 Notes:  I understand this is coming to an end and I have the perfect way to end it.
@Albrecht
@Saoirse
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar
They mumble noises, words that mean nothing to him – other than the tone they reverberate into the air. The babe coos out as the shadow offers his muzzle. And begins to awkwardly shift on his stilt legs. Stretching out his neck, and offering his muzzle in return.

Saoirse manages a ‘boop’, squeaking when he realizes the stallion’s nose is soft like mothers. Submerged in all the strange and new scents that drift, and dissolve into one smell.

It’s at that point that he notices the switch. The stiffness in her muscles, the subtle shudder in her breath. It’s off, it’s strange and sends the little one’s gaze up at her. He protests with several bleats when she begins to urge him up the dune. Saoirse wants to explore, experience – why can’t he see the strange one offering soft and sweet things to them?

His ears fall flat against his head as she brings him up the crest, and he wobbles down its opposite slope. Flopping at the bottom onto his knees, and crying out to her - what’s wrong?.

If only he knew the trauma plaguing his mother. If only he knew where his other half came from, what would he have done then? Weak, defenseless – would he curse the man that claimed half his genetic material? Strike him down for plaguing his mother’s flesh?

Perhaps in due course, he would navigate to those conclusions.

For the time being his confusion bleated out in mewls, and cries. Struggling to stand up again, and searching for the pleasant, soft warmth of mother.
@Sabia
@Albrecht
ooc: so sorry for the wait ;___;'