the Rift

[PRIVATE] Going on a Field Trip

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI

It's the first time since I had given birth that I have left the safety of the Throat. I was getting an early head start on teaching my daughter to fly. After all, with dual sets of wings I was the best one for the job. I had watched my mother closely. She had taught me the basics, which I had now taught my little one. Farah was doing amazing. She had been able to cross the gap between the herd and the mainland before I had to catch her. What can I say, i'm a proud mother. I had landed with her on my back.

So we had gone on, walking for a bit. I wanted Farah to explore the world, as long as she was at my side. So far, we had covered a bit of ground between walking and flying. Farah had napped under my wing in the caves. Exploring the cavern that had housed all of Helovia when I had first arrived, had been well not as easy as I had thought. My little Farah was learning to speak, and other than Momma her favorite word has become, why. I did not shelter her as my mother had me. I told her everything, why we had been down here, who had taken care of me while I had been here. Everything. I had described Elsa in detail. I missed my adoptive mother. 

As we left the caves, my ears flickered backward. I could of swore I heard something behind us. But Farah was jumping around and having fun. so I pressed us on. I was heading us for the Riptide Isle. Not that I expected her to be able to cross. As I said, I wanted her to explore the world to her hearts content. But I knew the dangers of being her age and on her own. I was about her age, maybe younger when I had lost my parents. That brings us to the Meadow. Farah had asked to rest again, and I allowed her. I however remained standing. Something wasn't right...

"their speech goes here and this is the color

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Farah Posts: 13
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 17hh :: Yearling (Ages in Orangemoon)
Emily

Mommy and I were going on an adventure! Mommy had been very protective of me as I have grown. I have only seen my Daddy the one time when I was born. Mommy tells me he loves me, but something in her voice, makes me wonder. But anyway! WE ARE EXPLORING! Mommy has been teaching me to fly, which has been super fun since I have two extra wings. Mommy doesn't seem to be worried. In fact, I seem to be handling flying faster and faster. It's walking and running that I have issues with.

Mommy had to catch me as soon as we went over the big gap of water. I am glad I never tried it on my own. After walking to the place she called the Heart Caves, I was coughing pretty good. Mommy knows just what to do though, as we find a place to lay down and rest. After a long nap, I am better and ready to go again! This time we continue on hoof as she says my wings still need to rest. We walk on again, as it doesn't seem like long before I am coughing again. The more I cough, the more tired I am. So when we reach a place called the Thistle Meadow, Mommy has me lay down for another nap. I am sleepy and tired, so that's exactly what I do....

Mommy doesn't lay down beside me this time. She seems, worried. But none the less, I find myself yawning as my cough seems to quiet down a bit for me to drift off to sleep yet again.

"Talking"

Farah

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
I have been stalking the mother and daughter since they left the caves. The child is sickly, and looks oh so tasty. The mother seems to be a new mother too. Both seem to go in my favor. After all, when you have long and pointed teeth like mine... Its been so long since i've had a decent meal too. So it's to my sheer joy that they stop in the meadow. I halted to, just watching the pair. The child lays down, and I grin a very toothy grin. Now, just to wait for the mother to join her....

But she doesn't. I think she must of heard me scramble up the rocky ground behind them as we all left the caves. So instead of the easy kill I thought it would be, i've got to lure the mother away.

I stalk a bit farther out, and let lose a howl that should send anyone near running. But the mother doesn't run. She stands guard. Just looking over that delicious baby of hers. So, I change plans. If mother won't leave... Then i'll have to chase her off. I stalk forward steadily moving faster and faster until I leap for both mother and babe. I hope to scare the mother off but I don't. She screams for someone named Farah to run. The babe looks startled and takes off running. No problem. I give chase. Only the mother stops me and with her body demands my attention first. Fine mother dearest. You want to tangle? You can be the meal instead.

We fight. Blood goes everywhere. I am honestly not sure who lost more blood, the mother or myself. But in the end, I am giving up. I turn with the tuck of a tail and run off. I will heal, she might too. But for today I will go hungry...

Dragon's Throat Filly
Emily

I had been woken from my nap by Mommy's scream to run. All I see is her moving to protect me from some creature with long fangs. It looked similar to what Mommy had called a wolf... So I do as Mommy says, expecting her to be behind me. But she is not. I run and run, which isn't long until I start coughing again. I cough so violently this time that I am knocked to the ground. I lay in the grasses for what feels like ages before I can breathe normally again. It's only then I stand up and begin to find my way back to Mommy.

The sight I find.... I think will haunt me forever. There's red everywhere. It smells strong... I'm not sure what to make of it all. It's not till I see Mommy that I become upset. Her beautiful bay and ivory coat was for the first time I had ever seen... Dirty. But not just dirty with dirt. No.... It's covered in the red stuff too. Tears begin to fall from my brown eyes. The first time I have ever cried. "M-mommy?" My voice shakes and I stutter. I've never stuttered before, ever. Even though I am still learning words, I seem to be really smart as Mommy has called me as I pick them up really fast.

I keep stepping closer, trying to remember what Mommy has told me to do before. "M-mommy wake u-up." I stutter again, as my little grullo frame shakes. I see her amulets, tangled in her mane somehow. I look around, the realization that Mommy wasn't going to wake up sinking in. Specially when I see her chest is ripped wide open... That was where all the red stuff seemed to be coming from. I stand there for a moment, my own coat getting covered in the red as I lay down next to her for the last time. I just hope someone comes and finds me...

"Talking"

Farah

Tagging @Ranjiri @Cera and @Hector, as I think they should be the main ones to come find Farah. Anyone from the Throat is welcome however.

These items go to Farah - :: [ Sun Amulet ] :: [ Earth Amulet ] :: [ Kaos Amulet ]
Not going to have Amani's rank changed yet as I have one thread to wrap up first, but from this thread on, Ama is dead :(

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

The stallion had been cantering along the edge of the Meadow, using his legs rather than his wings for once. He needed to get his legs in better shape than they were, as he typically moved around in flight with his wings. He hadn't realized that Amani and Farah were out here, or even known that the duo had taken off out of the Throat. So when he heard the screams, his head jerked upright. His fiery orange eyes were wide with fear for the owner of that scream. And then he realized... that scream had been Amani's. And it was coupled with the howl of a wolf. A loud trumpeting whinny escaped the stallion, his nostrils and barrel quivering as he cried out.

Wings were spread outwards and upwards as he galloped at full speed towards the source of the cry. He spotted the torn and battered body of Amani, and the grullo body of his daughter. "No... No... Not Amani...Anyone but Amani..." He said with a strained voice, steps slowing and faltering as he came closer to the duo. As he came right next to Farah and Amani, he reached out and wrapped his large wings around Farah. "Hush, my darling. I am here." He said, lightly resting his head on hers and letting out a gentle 'whuff'. "I will be here for you now, forever and always." The stallion promised. They would stand there for a few minutes, until Farah was ready. He would be right next to her always, protecting her from harm. He regretted not being there to save Amani.

He had begun to love Amani, despite whatever Cera thought or believed. Ever since their night together, he had grown closer to the mare. Their daughter would not be moved from his side. If need be, he would resign from his rank as warrior and become a different ranking in the herd to better protect Farah and to be by her side as he raised her to be a loyal and caring young mare. He might not have been by her side much recently, but he would always be there to care for her now, especially since her mother was no longer with them. Farah deserved that much from him. "Everything will be alright in time, my beloved girl. Your mother will always be here with you, in your heart, even if you cannot see her." The warrior said softly, a gentle nicker escaping him as he spoke to his daughter.

Text. "Speech."

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The first thing I heard was the scream, chiliing and blood curdling, and painful. It was followed by the howl of a wolf and the trumpeting of a stallion. I was in no shape to help anyone in a fight, but I couldn't just ignore that someone was in trouble, so I walked in the direction that the ruckus was coming from. The danger had already passed by the time that I arrived and all that was left was a stallion, a young foal, and ... the body of the filly's mother.

....Amani.

"Oh, Amani." I whispered sadly. It hadn't been too long since I'd seen her in the Throat and I'd wanted to go back to visit her after I'd finally given birth, but ... 

I sighed wearily, my eyes closing. I would have to tell Cera when I saw him again.

I moved past the stallion and his daughter (I assumed) and I stood next to Amani's body. My head dipped down and I gently plucked two feathers from Amani's wing - one for myself and one for her daughter. I had been gathering too many feathers from the dead that I cared about lately. Gaucho, Rhoa, and now Amani. It was too much. I thought that it would be a better idea to give the feather to the child once she was a little older so I turned and tucked the two I had taken into my wing for safe keeping.

"We can't leave her like this." I said to the stallion who was murmuring to his daughter. "We can't just ... just leave her." I couldn't let my friend's body be picked about by wolves and scavengers. She deserved some dignity. A proper burial. I looked to the stallion. "Can you make fire?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Hector @Farah

aud pixel!

Dragon's Throat Filly
Emily

The sounds had attracted two more. But it wasn't more wolves. It was more with wings like Mommy and I have. The first is a stallion. I remember him from my birth... "No... No... Not Amani...Anyone but Amani..." I snuggle tighter against Mommy's body. I don't really know who he is, and I don't want to. He tries to wrap his wing around me, but I pull away. I stare at him, tears running down my face. "Hush, my darling. I am here." He said as he tries to rest his head against me. "I will be here for you now, forever and always." I start to shake my head, suddenly finding my voice and word that I didn't know I had. "LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" My little frame stays pressed against my Mommy. Tearfully, I nuzzle her head. Wake up Momma. Wake up.... "Mommy, please... Please wake up... "

The mare arrives, and she comes differently than the stallion has. Her voice when she speaks is soft. "Oh, Amani." I watch as she takes feathers from Momma. I want to stop her, but the more I watch her the more I see her... sadness. It matches mine. So when I do stand, it's not to the stallion (who I don't realize is my Daddy) that I run. It's to her. I, if she allows me, press my frame against her's. My coat had splashes of Momma's blood on it, and would probably transfer it to the darker mare if I press against her. It's only when I am close to her, listening to her speak that it sinks in. Mommy isn't going to wake up. "We can't leave her like this." The tears really start to roll down my cheeks. "We can't just ... just leave her." My body shakes as my emotions start to overwhelm me. "Can you make fire?" It's only then I step away from the mare and move back to my Mommy. I move to her mane, my tiny hooves stepping in pools of her blood. From there, I carefully take three amulets that Mommy had said she had found. They belonged to me now I guess....

I quickly return to the mare's side, trying to hide under her wing for safety.

"Talking"

Farah

@Hector

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Look Around, Look Around
At How Lucky We are to be Alive Right Now.

The stallion flinched slightly at Farah's tone, noting the other mare that approached. He ignored her for a minute, trying to deal with the face that his daughter didn't know who he was. Granted that was his fault for not being around, but he wished she had been told more about him. "Farah... I'm your father... Your daddy." He said, moving his large frame towards the two ladies. His head was lowered, and stretched out to nuzzle his daughter if she allowed him to do so. "Farah... I'm so sorry your mother died... But I'll be here.. Your father will be here from now on." The stallion said, wanting to get to know his daughter. "Farah, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, believe me. I will leave my post of warrior to be your father." He said softly as he stretched out his large wings towards the filly, ready to pull her in for a hug if she was willing to do so.

Turning his attention back towards the mare, he nodded slowly. "I do have fire magic, but I do not believe Farah should be here for this. It was bad enough that her mother was killed in front of her... Let us not subject her to this.." He said, inclining his head towards Ranjiri before looking at Farah with a pleading look in his eyes. He wanted his daughter to know and love him, as much as she had loved and known her mother. And it was his fault that he didn't have a better relationship with his daughter, since he hadn't been around as much. But that would change now. He would be there for his daughter. Be there for his Farah. She needed him now, what with Amani gone.

"blah blah"

art by i-mi

@Ranjiri @Farah

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

The child's screams immediately made my ears fall back and I turned my head sharply to look at the stallion that had been trying so desperately to coddle the girl. The fleeting thought that he was acting to try and take her passed my mind and I turned to face him fully. He seemed hell bent on keeping her right where she was, claiming over and over again that he was her daddy. "Just let her go." I sighed softly. "You can't force a child that doesn't know you to let you touch and hold them." It was actually almost creepy, but that was a thought I was going to keep to myself.

I was surprised when the child ran to me and pressed her tiny body against mine. "Oh, sweetheart." I murmured as I lowered my head to nuzzle the fuzzy forelock between her ears. "Are you hurt?" There were splashes of blood on her coat and it was hard to tell if it was all Amani's or if it were her own. 

Once I was sure that the child was unharmed I lifted my head and looked back to the stallion as he answered my queston about fire. His response made me frown because I didn't agree with him. "You'd rather this be the last she sees of her mother?" I asked, gesturing with my wing toward Amani's broken, battered body. "Amani deserves a proper warrior's burial." I insisted. "She fought against a God!" I remembered her, fighting right alongside me in the battle against the Rift Gods, and I remembered her supporting my wing when I couldn't move it. "She deserves a proper burial with her family present and her daughter deserves to know how strong and beautiful her mother was."

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Hector @Farah

aud pixel!

Dragon's Throat Filly
Emily

"Farah... I'm your father... Your daddy." He keeps saying over and over that he's my Daddy... But.. I just don't know him. "Farah... I'm so sorry your mother died... But I'll be here.. Your father will be here from now on." Does he think that word sorry will make it better? "Farah, I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, believe me. I will leave my post of warrior to be your father." Is that why I don't know him? Cause he's a warrior? What is a warrior? "Just let her go." The mare said fianlly. "You can't force a child that doesn't know you to let you touch and hold them." I moved to the mare's side and stayed there, almost trying to cling there. "Oh, sweetheart." She speaks softly, touching my fluffy forelock. "Are you hurt?" I shake my my head no.

That's when the words really start flying. My, Dad I guess says something about not being in front of me, and the mare asks if he wanted me to remember my mom this way... My eyes go back to Mommy, laying broken and bleeding red stuff all over the ground. "She fought against a god!" The mare's words caught my attention again. "Y-you know my Mommy?" My eyes were now locked onto the mare. After all she was the only living female here, and seemed to actually know how to be with me. The stallion, I mean my Dad... I look at him then. I mean really look at him. I have his horns. Different color, but I still have them. Maybe he is right. Maybe he is my Dad....

"Talking"

Farah

@Hector