the Rift

[PRIVATE] shadow stealing light

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
I feel lucky, with the worst luck.
As the sun began its descent, a variety of hues littered the Edge’s sky. There were plenty of pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows that reflected along the changing leaves of the land as autumn brought its cool temperatures across the face of the earth. Glasgow took a moment to watch the sky, silent as she usually was, watching the hues change and shift as clouds moved along from a soft wind that caused the branches to sway. Her glassy gaze darted down toward the child she had been watching – the snow and chestnut filly nestled and ready for sleep already helped the Glazier feel at ease. She wasn’t good with children – she had never had any, didn’t even really have a maternal instinct within her body, but at least she tried.

She tried because he had asked her.

Tilney had some sort of event, something that was taking him away from Maude and he had insisted on her watching Maude. At first, the woman wanted to refuse, to tell him that she had no experience and that she knew deep down that Maude didn’t even like her. And whether that was because the scars that adorned her lips – casting an ugly mutilated shadow on an otherwise beautiful soul, or whether it was because of the frustration and anger that Glasgow had buried deep within her chest, she didn’t know. All she knew is the jealousy she felt when she first saw how happy Tilney was when he met Arah, only to see now that she wasn’t here.

And even when Tilney had disappeared only to be washed up on the ocean somewhere, Glasgow didn’t see Arah anywhere near the Doctor’s tree. She should know, she slept beside it every night waiting for him to return. It was like she was a puppy, constantly craving attention from the caramel antlered man, but not understanding the reasoning why. She just knew she liked it, but didn’t know what the feeling was. The Glazier had never experienced love in any sorts, she had carried a strange sensation in her chest when she saw Abaddon, but the man had long since disappeared from her heart as well as her mind. And with it, she had thought she walled off any other feelings. Only to find out that Tilney might have left a seed within it.

But she’d never tell him. At least she didn’t think so. And as Maude slept, Glasgow slipped away – sure that the child would be fine sleeping in the nest of where Tilney slept. And she moved on toward the glass wall once again to continue the chore she took up every night. Gathering her little leaves and little pieces of glass, hoping to prevent more harm from coming. Yet, despite all her efforts, she still felt sad. An empty brokenness in her chest that she couldn’t shake off. And it hurt, and vibrated, and ricocheted around over and over again until Glasgow felt as though she were numb. Then, it would get better for an hour or so only to return, bouncing around the caverns of her battered beaten heart.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tilney <3

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Each time his cloven feet took him by the lakeside Tilney could only cast his nose skywards. Each night he found himself praying for a silhouette of four pennons among the galaxy. The man would stop, marble hooves dug firmly in the mud stream-side while he paused to pray and hope with his gaze cast skywards.
Then he would look between each tree for any sign of the glistening pelt that belonged to the ivory princess, the mother of his sweet Maude. Where had she gone this time? What had tore her away from them? Or was it her own purple heart this time. Arah was bruised and beaten both inside and out, her skin bearing chips and cracks from duels with the Starry eyed though it was Crowley who had caused her to wither beneath the peel.
Tossing another look to the curling leaves and how they retreated from the frost, Tilney wondered how long he would continue to look for them. It could not go on, this misery - but he could not stop.

And so it was with a sigh that the antlered man pressed on through the fog along the lake shore, frost-frozen grass snapping underfoot and a trail of breath following his nostrils. It didn't take long for the lantern man to stumble upon his home and find Maude curled up under the shelter of the tree trunk. Finally a smile graced his countenance as he gazed affectionately at the only loved one left at the home tree. Tilney shrugged off his cloak and nudged it over Maudes pearl-coloured body, hoping it would keep sickness away from the sleeping babe. With a look to the tree next door, Tilney noted that Glasgow wasn't yet settled for the night.
She never went far, and Tilney needed to thank her for watching Maude.

Finding the rugged mares tracks in the frosty grass, Tilney wandered his way through the trees for what seemed like miles upon miles until he came upon the unicorn by the wall. He almost wished he had kept his cloak; he was freezing.
"Glasgow" the stag breathed lowly, stepping beside the busy mare and nodding to her. It was clear Tilney was not happy as he stood and glanced over the scarred doe. Really, he was just frightened of how much she looked like Arah from a certain angle. It pained him yet also relieved him of the hoards of anger he had honed over the past weeks.
"It's a beautiful night" he couldn't help but utter.

heavy breathing
@Glasgow
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
Glasgow.

Ivory harks tipped toward the sound, the voice extremely familiar and the way her name rolled off of his lips caused her heart to skip for a long second. She was in the middle of picking up a piece of glass, it hung limply in her maw before crashing to the earth below her as she froze. A soft sigh escaped her lips as her glassy gaze fell upon the piece of glass lying motionless in the earth. She lifted her head, then, as he continued on, greyed tail flicking against her blood stained hooves. She turned to face him, head lifting high, hoping he wasn’t angry with her for leaving Maude all by herself. Her gaze fell upon the caramel stallion, the familiar ivory tree mark drawing her eye for a few seconds as the scarred mare offered him a small smile, pressing uncomfortably against the scars of her Cheshire-like smile. “Tilney. It is a beautiful night.” She replied simply.

A few moments passed before she took a few steps toward him, warily and uncertain if she should or not – unsure if he would be upset with her and how he would react with his anger. “I’m sorry I left Maude alone. She had been sleeping for quite some time.” She admitted, turning her head away from him. Her broken horn gleaming in the dying light of the sunset. A small frown found her features as she waited, her tail flicking more against her heels. “I'm supposed to pick up the glass, so I choose to when it gets darker out.” Her voice rang out again, its tone almost saddened by the work and the fact she so consistently did it alone. "Less travelers."

The last thing the Glazier needed was for someone to be upset with her. Not only someone, either. Tilney. The man she constantly waited for to make sure he made it home every night – the one whom she watched as a ghost in the shadow, hidden behind the trees to be sure he’s been treated right. The one that she had met so briefly before, her first true friend only to seemingly forget about her as everyone else had. She should’ve gotten used to it by now, but the heart was a fickle organ, choosing and breaking upon circumstances that the Glazier couldn’t control.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tilney <3 heavy breathing

Timid and apologetic, Glasgow fumbled for an excuse as to why she left Maude alone af if it was some great crime. To Tilney it was not, but if Arah ever knew she would chain the babe to her. After what happened to her other girls Tilney remained quite certain she would of made an anxious mother - so far she had only been absent.
"No, it is fine Glasgow. When I found her she was tucked deep in the tree and sound asleep" Tilney assured the scarred woman, eyes bright and crown dropping to meet her gaze.

Again the older woman spoke, telling him of her task and how she preffered to tend to it after dark. Why? because no one would see her it seemed. What else was 'less travellers' supposed to mean.
He truly couldn't understand it - why did she fear herself so much. Scared and torn was she, but her laugh could bring life to aa whole forest. There was life in her, but not coming through her. Tilney snorted, shaking his cranium and looking to the pale mare with dark eyes.

"Why do you hide?" He quizzed, voice challenging and almost brutal.
"You whisper instead of laugh, and you tiptoe in stead of walk?"

Tilney moved from his place beside her, now standing in front of the broken girl crown still dipped to meet her gaze. He cared so deeply for his ever troubled friend. The lacerations in her heart were great and the bruises to her beautiful brain even more so; what would it take to help her?
Gaze endless, concide and sincere, the doctor slowly uttered to his friend,
"You exist, but do you truly live Glasgow?"

@Glasgow
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
For a few moments, she felt her gaze travel across the caramel stag. A soft sigh slipping past scarred lips as she tore her glassy orbs away from him as he answered her – informing her that Maude was exactly how she left her. And suddenly she began to feel a bit better, relief gently falling away from her stone-like composure, yet she dared not to look at Tilney. She informed him of her choice in sleeping and working patterns, unsure if he would continue and add in, probably more than willing to leave her to her duties alone once again.

But his voice changed. His questions grew more intense. He asked her why she hid, why she whispered instead of laughed, why she tiptoed instead of walked. Her ears drooped at the question, unsure of exactly how to answer him. Perhaps if it were another life, she’d be more than willing to be outgoing, unafraid of showing her face to others, unafraid of showing or giving love (not that she truly knew or understood the meaning of it). But this was the life she was gifted, and so she did what she thought to be best – to hide herself away and to work until she died.

Tilney moved from his spot, standing in front of her as his head dipped to look upon her scarred eyes. Their glassy composure focused on the beautiful sharp emeralds of Tilney’s for a few seconds before looking away – not like he’d truly notice to be honest – and a frown overcame her scarred lips. She retreated her scarred head into her pale marred chest, horns pointing toward his own crown as she looked upon the ground. “I’ve lived long enough to know that I scare people.” She admitted, a hushed whisper against the gentle roar of the wind along the sunset treetops. “I never used to look like this, Tilney. What happened to me, it changed me. I’m not the same, and I never will be. This is how I deal with it.” She answered flatly, her head moving away from his – scarred lids closing over milky eyes. “I don’t think anything can take me back to the way things used to be.” She sighed once more, grey tail flicking across blood stained hocks.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tilney <3

Horns cast downwards and words barely audiable was how the Glazier expressed herself. Why not shout? why now leap or sing?
Because she 'knew' she scared people?
Tilney hadn't know anyone at the Edge to shy away from her, and sweet Maude wasn't scared of the womans face. She hadn't scared Arah, nor the King or Queen, not even Ultima (who, out of all mentioned, might be the most likely to get a shock from seeing Glasgows face but simply did not).

Reaching with his own velvetine muzzle to Glasgows, Tileny gingerly scooped the mares chin upwards from where she had pinned it under her jowl, retreating and holding back from him as she spoke. He understood why she hid from others, but why him? He had been her freind always.
It was was he touched her though, lifted her chin out of sorrow that he felt a strange pang in his heart. An ache; for her?
"You don't scare me Glasgow, nor any of your friends, of which you have many."

The bronze mans verdent gaze traced over her porcelaine fur and the ache in his chest grew. It was the same shade of fur worn by his lost beloved, the one who had abandoned him and Maude. With a groan the young man tore his eyes away, now looking ahead at the dark trees and their naked silhouettes. What would become of him if he were to stay this way? Just as naked and stripped inside as these trees as if orangemoon had entered his body and allowed his happiness to wither.
But no, he musn't blame Orangemoon - It was Arahs doing. Ultimas selfishness maybe, or maybe his own naïvety. Whatever it was, it had scratched his soul and drew blood; blood he didn't know how to clean now that he was having indecent thoughts about Glasgow.
Was it Biology roping him to her?

@Glasgow
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
You don’t scare me Glasgow, nor any of your friend’s, of which you have many.

She wanted to snort at the comment he made. She didn’t have friends. Tilney was the only one that even resembled something similar – and only because he sought her out when they hadn’t talked in a while. In Glasgow’s mind, friends were a mutual thing. The scarred Glazier had grown tired of reaching out to people when she got nothing in return. If she stopped talking to them, would they notice? None hadn’t yet, except for the Moon Doctor that stood before her. And instead of arguing, she stayed silent. She allowed his words to wash over her body, rolling off like water.

And when he moved closer to her, lifting her chin with his velveteen muzzle, she visibly shivered. Her glassy gaze seemed distanced, trying to look away from those captivating emerald eyes that demanded her attention. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes for a few moments as silence washed over the two of them. Then, suddenly, she lifted her head off of his chin, moving closer to him and pressing her scarred face into his neck. She inhaled the scent of pines and rain that seemed to wave off of the stag before her. “I just want to be loved, Tilney.” She whispered among the fur on the Doctor’s neck, eyes shutting tight as she fought the tears from falling from her scarred eyes.

How hard was it to be loved? Why was it that others could find it, even lust and act on it numerous times while she stood and watched in the shadows just waiting for her opportunity to shine. Would anyone be willing to take a chance on an old scratched up penny?

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tilney <3

Tilney dare not resist her and he would not tear away, not now. Instead he listened to her whimpering breaths as she closed her nead into his ginger chest, his mane cloaking her own. What could he say to her to ease her mot evident suffering? Or cool his own darkened desire that had begun to build.
And then finally she whispered a sentence he might not ever forget.
"I just want to be loved, Tilney"

How could he convince her that she was? He was quite sure she was a much valued member of the herd, a great friend to him and the only real mother Maude had. She was so loved. Was it the other kind she so craved? Perhaps.

"You are loved" the man uttered breathlessly, reaching his teeth over her whither and biting delicately. Anyone would know that this was not a friendly gesture, nor was is a nasty one; It was purely of want for her. As his green eyes peaked open they were met with the view of a porcelaine-white coat, and it didn't take long for Tilney to become entranced into thinking that the woman who stood under him was his beloved. Those flirtatious, Flirtatious actions became more direct as if they were only meant for that one antlered doe, his muzzle gentle massaging the grey doe's spine until he reached the fine tairs at the tip of her tail.
Tilney was completely lost, but he didn't really want to be found.

SHOCK :O TILNEY UR MANNERS PLS PLS
u can probs reply with glas's reaction and fade 2 black??
@Glasgow
♥︎

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
She simply watched, stilled to a stone as he approached her further. Ushering words to her of how she was loved. But by whom? She didn’t have friends that asked about her, that wanted to know where she was, to spend time with even herb gathering or glass gathering. She was simply a loner, prone to sticking to the edges and watching life as though it were a movie play out in front of her. Out of reach and out of touch. And it was painful, time and time again, watching the beautiful girl get the beautiful guy you had fallen for. It was then when she realized she’d never be that girl again – and the chances she had before her change were long gone. No longer would others see her for who she used to be – no one here even knew her as she was.

It was painfully obvious.

With each step toward her, each time his gaze caught her scarred glassy eyes, she shied away. She loved Tilney, but he’d never be hers. And she had to come to terms with the idea that she would never be his either. But there was a strange feeling brewing in her chest, lacing its way to her stomach through her barrel as his lips traced her spine, stopping to brush gently against the tip of her tail. Her blood stained feet shifted, perhaps slightly uncomfortably. She didn’t know what this feeling was – she didn’t know what to do with it, but it seemed as though Tilney had an idea. Her head lowered, eyes shutting as her ears flicked back to hear him easier should he say something, and then instinct took over.

-fadeeeee-

It was almost primal, a strong and strange sense of letting something else take over. She had cowered so long in the shadows, afraid of what instinct and letting it get to your head did – but it was euphoric almost. And when it was over, she almost felt guilty for letting her guard down and enjoying in such simply pleasantries. A sigh slipped past her pale muzzle, her head stayed lowered to the ground as she wondered what happened next? What if Arah came back? Would he tell her of this incident? Would he tell Maude? Would everyone hate her for sleeping with the Doctor? A small frown laced the corners of her lips, twitching against the scars that were stained a brilliant red as she looked to Tilney then. “I… I need to go.” She began, stuttering slightly over her words, looking to see Tilney’s reaction as she swallowed to force the guilt down as it laced its way through her throat.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

I totally thought I replied lmfao, i suck. @Tilney <3