the Rift

[PRIVATE] We wither beneath our burdens

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
Soon it would all wear off. Eventually the mass dissipated, and I moved off on my own. I traversed the beach, kicking sand, my mind twisting and turning over these newest events. This was the biggest thing to happen to me in my time. Someone had come out of the ocean. I mean, maybe I shouldn't be that surprised. According to mom a lot more had happened when she was young. The murders of the moon goddess, using Gaucho the Wildfire, and then there was the war between the hidden falls and the aurora basin, and with it the fall of the Czar Midas. My grandmother had been part of those. She had helped find out who was behind the murders, and she had fought in that war. And then, well there was the rift wars, which brought the fighting of new gods and new lands.... All had happened before me. Now this... This seemed so calm compared to the stories my mother told me... Unless it would all change. I slow to a halt, looking out into the ocean, blue eyes gleaming in imagined valor and adventure... What was out there? What would I see in my life?

I guess I shouldn't be thinking all about what will I see? I had already traveled far... And I had seen death in a most bloody of forms with my dad. I shivered as the thought hit me, and my wings lowered into the sand. Why did it have to happen? Why did I have to lose him? It wasn't like I already felt like a part of me was always missing, and to lose dad just.... I felt like so much of my identity was gone. I didn't get to spend the time I wanted to with him. I never got to hear the stories of him and his family... I never got to hear any of it. It was all lost. Buried with him in his grave of moss and leaves....

And all of it came crashing down. The fantasies, and the daydreams, everything that had happened today came crashing down around me and I was down. A sob ripped at my throat, and steam rose in great whisps from my coat. It was all to much for me to handle. I was so young, and I had lost so great of things. I wanted my mother, but she wasn't here either. She wasn't ever here...

Somehow, I had become completely alone in this world.
"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

@Ranjiri
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
I didn't know what to say to the 'God' that had appeared nad requested our aid, I didn't want to promise my help and I didn't want to deny it, so I had chosen to remain silent. When the creature disappeared back into the ocean the crowd began to dissipate almost as quickly as it had gathered. I stayed for a few minutes to talk to Sacre and catch up on what was going on in our lives, then I turned to leave. Immediately I stopped because I saw Kvasir right away walking down the beach. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell by his body language that he was unhappy -- and why shouldn't he be after his father's death?

...where was his mother?

I bid Sacre farewell and I walked toward the boy, who was kicking at sand as he walked. I could imagine what he was feeling, I hadn't been much older than him when I'd watched my own father die. I remembered the feeling of hopelessness, like nothing would ever be right in the world again. But I'd had Gaucho and Cera and ... I wondered if he had anyone to help him. "Kvasir..." I said his name as I walked waddled closer. I hoped that hearing his name would be enough to make him stop and wait for me.

Broaching a subject like death was always difficult, it was hard to figure out where to start and what to say. 'I'm sorry for your loss' never seemed adequate and always felt like it lacked any meaning behind it. 'I'll get better' never seemed to help, either and was also generic and insincere. I sighed softly and regarded the boy ... Rhoa's son. "I was only a little bit older than you when I lost my father." I said, because speaking from personal experience seemed to be the most sincere thing that I could do. "I know how it feels. Like there's a hole in your heart. Like part of your future was taken away from you... and I know that it doesn't feel like it now but it does get easier, especially if you have someone to help you through." I was silent for a moment as I studied his face. "Do you have someone you can talk to?"

"."

image credits

@Kvasir

aud pixel!

Outcast
Adoptable
"Kvasir..."

My name pulled me out of my thoughts. It was odd to hear it rolling off of her tongue, and my tear stained face turned to look at her. Recognition flitted through my eyes, at her dark body and golden accents. My eyes where drawn to her belly, wondering about the child within, and my heart hurt. It hurt because that child would never get to know their father. The father we shared. Maybe, maybe dad hadn't loved mom, but I knew he loved me. Gently my wing lifted so I could peer at the bronze charm that he gave me. It was the only thing I had of him.

I looked to Ranjiri again, my mouth open, wanting to ask why. Why was it that he had to be the one to die?

But her words stop me. I stare at her, and my ears catch her story. She knew what I was going through? She knew the pain? I turn around to face her, as she continues... She becomes silent, but I am hanging onto her every word, waiting to grasp onto what she says next. But she studies me, and then she asks me a question.

"Do you have someone you can talk to?"

My ears fall back, my head lowers, and my eyes become downcast. I shake my head, because I had no one. I had yet to see my grandfather, Mauja, and mother wasn't back yet, and I didn't have my dad, and Vidar... I hadn't had him since the womb. "No... They are all gone. I don't have anyone anymore." My face turns up again to look at her. "You promise it gets better?" I whisper. Tears still roll down my beautifully crafted cheeks, and steam still rises from my coat. I was the perfection that was fire and ice. I was that perfect combination between my parents. But now one was dead, and the other couldn't be bothered.

Slowly I am compelled forward, and I reach for embrace. Some form of comfort from the beautiful hybrid in front of me. Some would say I needed it. I only hoped she would provide something that I hadn't ever really had before.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
mama, ooo

Notes: @Ranjiri

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
I knew the expression on Kvasir's face all too well because I'd worn it so many times myself. First when Hototo had died, again when my father had died, and then most recently with Rhoa and Gaucho. I didn't know what to think when he admitted that he didn't have anyone. I wanted to ask where his mother was, but I remember when I'd seen her in the Threshold. I only knew who she was because Rhoa had told me her name, but she hadn't looked good. She'd looked tired and haggard and I'd wondered what had happened to her, but didn't have the nerve to ask.

"You promise it gets better?"

He was crying and my heart ached for him, but I couldn't promise him that it would get better. "It gets easier." I repeated softly. "But it takes time and perseverence." My head dipped down and I brushed my muzzle against his cheek in an effort to wipe away his tears. "But I won't lie to you." I murmured. "It's really hard at first. You feel like nothing is right and it won't ever be right again. And you wonder why it had to happen to someone that you cared about. Why not someone else?" I said, remembering easily how I had felt each time I'd lost someone I loved. "Sometimes you think about them and you feel like you can't breathe and it hurts.... but it's part of grieving and you have to let yourself grieve...."

My voice trailed as the boy moved forward and when I realized that he was looking for comfort in the form of physical contact I spread my wings to welcome him. When he got closer I wrapped them around him and tucked my neck over his. Gaucho had held me in a similar manner when my father had died and Cera, when he told me about Gaucho. "The pain dulls with time and life gets easier." I assured him. "Do you have anywhere you can stay? You can come to the Hidden Falls with me if you like."

"."

image credits

@Kvasir

aud pixel!

Outcast
Adoptable

Her words strike a chord in my young heart. Sniffling softly I listen, my face leaning into her muzzle as she wiped tears away. I watched, and listened, hiccuping a few times as I tried to calm myself. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath, trying to cal myself, and to retain the wise words she was giving to me. She knew the pain, and she had lost. I was experiencing my first conscious loss. I felt the loss of Vidar everyday. I was half, and the other was gone, but it was different because I didn't know. This was harder. I was close. He was my father. I wasn't supposed to lose him yet, if ever.

No, I knew someday I would lose him. It just wasn't supposed to be so soon. And Ranjiri was right. I did wonder why him? Why not someone else? Maybe I was meant to take this blow. It could have been another's father. Maybe another wasn't ready to carry that burden, but I was. As much as I didn't want to be. As much as I didn't feel ready. Even though the pain in my heart felt like it would never ease, fate had decided it was my time to carry the pain of losing a parent.

Ranjiri was receptive to my need for physical contact, for the need to be comforted by the touch of another. The touch of someone like her. Her wings opened, and I snuggled close against her frame, steam rising lazily from my body, only to build up under her own wings to create little droplets of water. I listened as she talked more, and widened my eyes as she offered me a place in the Falls. "I'd really.... I'd really like that." I reply, my voice quiet and subdued. "I want to protect you... And my sibling. I promise to protect you! He would've wanted that." I sniff, as the tears try to escape once more, and close my eyes again. "Thank you Ranjiri... You will make an amazing mother, you know." Gently, I pull away to look up at the golden woman. Despite the tears in my eyes, you could see it. I admired her. She was brave. Despite tragedy she stayed strong. I wished my mother had been as strong as Ranjiri, but she wasn't. She broke with the sadness. I wouldn't break. I'd be strong for Ranjiri, and my little brother or sister. I could make the difference. I would make the difference. And I would protect those that I held close. Forever, and always.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
mama, ooo

Notes: <3 <3 <3 He pretty much loves her, and wants to protect them very much. He'll go ahead and stay in the falls with her ^^

@Ranjiri