the Rift

[DROP] SWP :: A CHANGE IN THE WEATHER :: [WATER DROP]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Not as many arrived to greet him as had a few days prior when he had made his way from the briny deep onto Helovia's shores. But that was alright - it was to be expected, even. They had lives to attend to, and given that he had called to them for purposes of amusement, rather than of duty, he understood why his call hadn't been broadcasted as loudly.

The first to arrive, the antlered and lanterns stallion, received a warm smile from the aquatic creature. "Indeed, indeed!" he agreed heartily. A few more arrived, some looking reserved, others looking interested but not speaking directly to him. As Erthe arrived and referred to him as Kisamoa of the Deep, he bellowed loud, infectious laughter. "Stay a while and find out, won't you?" He replied, with a wink. Another asked him the same question as the girl just had, what would you have us do, which he ignored with a warm smile, indicating he would respond when all were present. Another, a filly with purple eyes, asked the same question - only this time guessing at what the task might be. "Hush now darling!" he cried, "don't ruin the surprise!"

The last two to address him - the elephant with an elephant, and the Songbird, received their own charming smiles from him, as if they had presented the perfect segway into what he wanted to discuss. "All in good time. Today is merely an appreciation for the sea, and the opportunity to see all that which is normally hidden-" he said to Lena, then glanced towards Aquila. "At least from most of us." He added with a wink.

Retreating a few steps, it became clear that he had been holding down a pile of seaweed. As he lifted his weight from it, it rose to the surface of the water, bobbing for everyone to see.

"Deep below us there is a coral reef. Once it was closer to the surface, but as the sea level rose, it was necessarily forced lower and lower down. Now the sunlight hardly finds it at all, and it lives an existence that is cold and dark. Within the reef are a number of animals, who haven't had many visitors and are lonely. How about we pay them a visit?" The God smiled, laughed, then took a giant step backwards so that he was nearly submerged. "What are you waiting for? Let's just swim down there?" Light twinkled in his eyes, which were full of mirth. "Oh right!" He continued, acting as though he'd only just remembered that the Helovian's could not breathe under water. Not most of them, anyways.

"For as long as you hold this seaweed in your mouth, you will be able to breathe underwater."

He looked around, his gaze seeking those who had asked him what it was he wanted them to do. "This is your challenge. Will you trust me, place this seaweed into your mouths, and follow me down into places you've never been able to go before? Or will you stay on the shore?"

Before giving them a chance to answer, he had turned and disappeared below the waves.

What will you do? Do you trust Kis enough to risk drowning just to chill with some coral? Anyone may take a piece of seaweed and follow Kis, regardless of whether or not you're entering the drop.

For those in the drop, please clearly state at the bottom of your post if you went into the water, or if you stayed on the beach!

Those entering the drop (if your name isn't here but should be, let me know)
- Kaj
- Syrena
- Erthe
- Alune
- Kvasir
- Glasglow
- Bellisma
- Noe
- Aquila
- Esinakh
- Macaria

You have 72 hours to respond.

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h Ë

Under the moonlight, under your moonlit gaze
I know I'd take a million bullets, babe

The sea-god laughed with what seemed to be genuine mirth, and Erthë found her appetite for this event rise significantly. Though she was sore in body and spirit from the terrible events in the north and jumped skittishly at even the slightest hint of red upon a strangers coat (she had a lot to worry about, never before had she noticed what a common color it was) it was difficult not to relax in the face of Kisamoa's enthusiasm. She nodded energetically that she would indeed stick around, and spent several minutes while the gallery gathered to look at the peculiar creature that called himself a relative of gods. When @Noe passed she returned the mare's smile with a grin of her own, and leaned affectionately into @Alune 's side as the moon-eyed man came to stand beside her. Her eyes twinkled mischievously at being called 'lady'; the Seer should know better than most that it was the last thing she was. But, it was sweet of him to try, so she offered him the frosty hug of a wing, a momentary embrace before her attention was brought back to the host of today's even.

Gradually, as Kis explained the challenge he had in store, the young Philosopher's eyes widened in mingled intrigue and shock. The sea? They were supposed to go into the sea? Oh, he was a clever fellow indeed, was he not - it would take remarkable bravery for most to even put their head under water, let alone dive down into the deep. The mere thought was enough to leave her short of breath, she threw a sideways glance at Alune; it was so tempting, but should she really...? How often would she have a chance to go below the surface. This might be a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn more about the workings of this world, to discover new truths she could not have even begun to fathom with her feet planted firmly on dry ground.

Kis took a step back, turned and plunged into the cold water. His challenge hung in the air for a few seconds midway between a dare and a taunt, then she couldn't restrain herself any longer. Without saying anything or responding to eventual protests from her teacher, Erthë shuffled forth into the gray surge and napped up a long tendril of kelp between her teeth. The texture was horrible - slimy and rubbery and tasted strongly of salt - but the water felt almost pleasant against her snow-cold skin.

A deep breath; then she struggled forth into the deep. At first it was difficult just keeping herself beneath the surface, the air-filled feathers serving as buoys  to keep her afloat. Once they were soaked through however, she sank deeper and deeper into the darkness, heart pounding with fear and excitement as she searched for the sea-creature by the light of her glowing acorn.

Where was he? And what would truly happen once she ran out of breath?

Credit

ERTHË GOES INTO THE WATER!

SEEKING:
:: [ Magic: LightxWater | Able to manipulate ice]
:: [ Restrictions | Works in 15ft radius]

2 previous refusals; x, x

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

Heaven if you sent us down
So we could build a
playground

you'd be so proud of what we've made

Mom was down for a exploring a lot recently. Not that she always took him (sometimes she was on her wings and he couldn't keep up), or that when she was she was really present (she was always staring in her little dagger), but it was at least different and exciting enough to thrill the colt. He kept wondering when his wings would get strong enough to hold him so he could really go on adventures and keep up with her, but for now he was grounded.

"Hey Z!" he called out as he spied his brother upon the shore. Ampere and he had just come down here after wandering around the Secret Grove, and as Iskra ran over to play with the waves he noticed the growing crowd. Excitedly he bolted forward, wondering if this would be like last time, or if this was a party- either one worked for him.

His elder brother was already standing with some other horses that Iskra didn't know well, but he wasn't shy in the slightest so easily strolled up and sidled in besides Zero, seeing even less than his older bro. "Is it him aga-" Iskra was just asking when Kis started to speak, explaining the details of the task at hand.

Help him, check.
Explore cool shit, check.
BREATHE UNDER WATER?! CHECK AND CHECK.

Eagerly Iskra's bottlebrush tail wagged at his rump, and unable to contain his excitement any further he bolted ahead towards the beach, slipping past Matty as he reached down to grab some seaweed and dart carelessly into the waves.
he'd trade his guns for love
I s k r A
but he's caught in the crossfire

Grabs some seaweed and runs into the sea! Not here for the drop.
Mentions @Zèklè @Mathèo

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Thèo had no real opinion about Kisamoa at this point. All the light-drenched boy knew, was that they always listened to what the Sun God told them to do. This led him to believe that there was something about Gods that was worth paying attention to - and hadn't this weird creature said he was a God? Wait ... Did he actually use those words? Theo couldn't quite remember. It was something to that effect though, and besides, all he really wanted was help? Why shouldn't they offer that? (Oh to be young and naive to the cruel ways of the world).

As Kis described what he wanted them to do, Matheo's eyes grew wide with awe. Swim underwater? It seemed such a wildly fantastical idea that for a moment he thought that the God(ish) man must be lying.

Just as he was about to whisper something into Luther's ear, Iskra went racing by. Theo's sea-foam gaze widened further as did the smile on his lips. Well if Iskra was going to go..

"Hey! Let's go too!" The cherub-boy cheered. He looked around reassuringly to see if any of those around him had the same inclination, his smile making dimples on his dove-gray cheeks. His eyes fell upon @Ultima, long lashes blinking over a honey-green stare. <- Gosh you're pretty <- Theo though towards Ultima, still unaware that when he directed his thoughts in this way, others could hear him. He grinned a toothy, exuberant grin, before tucking his wings tightly against his flanks and racing forward. He followed Iskra's trail on the sands, stopping only long enough to grab a singular piece of seaweed (he wasn't to leave plenty for the others after all).

The sunlit boy hesitated only for a moment at the waters edge. He'd never even swam before, much less breathed under water. But the only way to find out, was to try, right?

Theo splashed forward, claiming his teeth on the seaweed and dunking his head under the water as his youthful body followed. He found that it was actually fairly easy to use his wings under the waves, as he might in the sky. Knowing that he couldn't open his mouth, for fear of dropping the seaweed, he called out to @Iskra the only other way he knew how. With his mind.

--> Wait for me! <--

mathèo
Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man
Image by Lunarblues !

Just watching! Tells Luther and Ultima they should come along, and runs after Iskra.

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
There are more to arrive, and quickly the handsome colt that was with the red one appeared. (Little did I know, that technically these two where my uncles, but you know, I didn't really know anyone on dad's side, we hadn't gotten that far.) I smile at the boy in welcome. "Hi there!" I say to him. But we are joined by yet another, and suddenly our small group is well, kinda one of the bigger ones. This one is an adult, and man is she purty! She asks if she can join us, and I nod. "Of course! Welcome!" My wings flap a little in excitement. All this interaction has my thoughts elsewhere, in with the buzz and excitement, instead of the lingering thoughts of my father's death. My eyes look over the crowd, to see Tembovu here too. I would have to see him, at some point. Apologize maybe, for me and mom being gone. But right now, there where to many things happening to stick with that.

It felt good to be surrounded, to be distracted. To be involved with something other than my own sad soap opera. This was all real life, it was outside of my own world, and it just kept getting more and more fascinating. My ears hang on to Kisamoa's words, every single one, and all that excitement builds. YES YES YES. I wanted to go swimming! I hadn't tried that yet, and I could breath underwater! It seemed the colt with light that seemed to shine around him had the same thoughts as I did. "Yeah! C'mon!" I responded, a grin lifting my inky lips as I too rushed forward after the other hybrid colt. My lips grabbed at a piece of seaweed, and I prancing on into the waves, tail high and swaying in the breeze. There was another boy who was going in ahead of myself and the other hyrbid, and then there was that lovely girl who was beautifully white. She was the first to dive in after Kisamoa. Tucking my wings tight against my body and taking a deep breath, I submerged myself. It was weird, really really weird, trying to breath. And my wings gave me trouble, and for a moment my eyes stung from the salt. But my wings soaked through and my eyes adjusted. Using my wings and the occasional flap of my wings I swam downwards, finding the only trouble was the building pressure on my ears.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: FOLLOWS KISAMOA INTO THE SEA!

Directly interacts with @Mathèo @Luther @Eleanor and @Ultima

Seeking magic!
::Magic | WaterxFire: The ability to take moisture from the air and super heat it to create bursts of steam that scald opponents in battle.
::Restrictions | Can only be used once in battle, Can only target one character at a time.
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Eleanor Posts: 15
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 6 months
Miranda :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath Tamme

Eleanor suddenly felt quite noticed when others started gathering around the small space where she stood, observing. If her ears could turn red from embarrassment, they surely would have as the introvert was certainly not used to so many in one place. Very shyly, she glanced toward the two obviously very close boys. One was a deep almost violent shade of red, but the other was a comforting silver. In a way, they reminded her of herself and her twin, Rhun. She missed him dearly and wished that he were here with her now.

A much larger, absolutely divine looking adult showed up as well, asking if she could stay nearby. Ellie looked up, seeing not one but two sets of wings! Did that make her a better flyer? She did not know much about the winged ones, but she did enjoy watching them fly around the Dragon's Throat. Tinek was the only flying beast she had seen up close, and his wings were leathery, not feathery.

"Uh, yes, my... my name's Ellie-Eleanor. Eleanor," she stammered, quickly turning her eyes down to the sand and on her dark, solid hooves. Speaking wasn't exactly a highlight of her skills, and speaking in front of others made it so much worse. Another colt spoke much more eloquently, and she shoved a toe into the sand.

Fortunately, she was saved by the strange sea creature talking. He wanted them to go down into the water. Instantly, she stiffened, not willing and not wanting to take this risk. There was absolutely nothing beneath the sea that interested her whatsoever, and the thought of getting lost out there in the vast nothingness of blue made her heart hammer in her chest.

One of the boys took off toward the water without hesitation, but she stood firm. "Nope," she muttered, backing away. "Nope, nope, nope..."

"I was the blood inside your broken heart
I was the stone that you had held"

Coding by Tamme | Art by impassioned-dreams

Mentions: @Ultima @Matheo @Kvasir

Luther Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 hh :: 3 months
tamme

If Luther had known that his twin was following, he would have held up from his relentless pace. As it was, he was a bit too unobservant when he got focused on trying to be better. The best. The best at what? Well... everything, right? He knew that was impossible, but he had to start somewhere. He was driven in a way that was a part of his very soul, and that push was as unfading as the black flames rising from his dark tips of his feathered wings. Unsteadily and with many hiccups, the boy landed into the fray.

A familiar voice calling what sounded like half of his name caught his attention, and Luther's ears snapped backward, looking over to see Thèo running in his direction. He was easy to spot, even in a crowd, given that he had this angelic glow, and when he finally made it, Luther smiled at him in a soft expression reserved only for his sibling.

Luther shook his head. "Dunno," he replied in a boyishly gruff voice that did not indicate any displeased emotion. Instead, it was very honestly transparent. He didn't know. That was that. He was very linear that way.

Their gazes seemed to split then, as Luther was noticing a pale filly and his brother took notice of the tall, four-winged Pegasus standing above them. Luther cleared his throat and nodded to her before turning his attention back to the water creature. Apparently it wanted them to try to go underwater, and Luther sighed. He wasn't partial to swimming, but he supposed he would if he absolutely must.

Thèo ran off after another colt Luther didn't really recognize and he followed suit, grabbing seaweed in his teeth with a grimace (ugh, the taste!). All of his boyish muscles braced for impact as he went into the ocean, expecting to taste the salty brine and inhale death, but instead... he seemed... okay.

Mentions: @Iskra @Matheo @Ultima

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Aithniel flew over Helovia, following the line of the coast as she weighed her thoughts in the scales of her mind. She knew that she would have to be diligent in her tracking and observation of this water being, but there were other matters to attend to. In Gaucho's absence, the Dragon's Throat seemed a bit lax. Where were the patrols scanning the skies? Where was that big... brutish pegasus? The one who seemed to have a hard on for Meg? It seemed that when Gaucho died, so did all the muscle-bound stallions whose tongues struggled beneath the weight of "MANLINESS".

She sighed and wondered when she would have time to pick up the slack in this area, and that also meant she would have to spar. Aithniel grumbled internally, feeling quite childish when she wished that she could just magically be good at fighting. Nursing bruises and getting beat into the sand was not her idea of a good time, but that was probably why she kept losing. Bad attitude and all that.

When she saw another crowed gathered below in the sand, Aithniel narrowed her silver eyes, tucking her wings close to fly around, but what shocked her the most is what they were doing. Why the hell were they running INTO the water?! And diving into it? Why? Did that monster mind control them? No servant of the Earth god would do such a thing!

The god-child swept toward the sand, her cloven hooves impacting roughly as she ran forward, ears pinned to her neck and lips pulled back from her teeth. Ash fell from her body like apocalyptic rain, and fire crackled and sparked around her in her rage. "What are you doing?" she demanded. "Trying to kill us?!" Aithniel watched as they grabbed seaweed in their teeth and dove under, but her heart was still roughly pounding and her spine was stiffened for a fight.

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme

Amalrik

Amalrik had been exploring Helovia with his father and had grown from it immensely. Between the stoic Engineer and his even more bitter hellhound friend, Amal had developed quite an amusing and dark sense of humor mixed with a dash of sarcasm. Well, maybe more than a dash. Think more along the lines of thirds or fourths at an "all you can eat buffet". A permanent smirk seemed fixed on his handsome features, and his golden and green eyes were always bright with some kind of mischief.

After telling his father that he was planning on going off toward the coast, the Engineer had followed as a silent, dark shadow. In fact, Ulrik was around - somewhere - but the goings on of Helovia no longer interested his old man. All he cared about was his machines and his family. The rest of this world could get bent.

And, while Amalrik shared some of that philosophy, he had not seen the world as his father had. He still wanted to know all of the individuals he could eventually tell to get bent. Anyway, he found everything far more amusing that his grumpy father. Watching the failure of the universe seemed to make Ulrik sour, but Amalrik couldn't help but laugh - usually at inappropriate moments.

But he was his father's son, what can you expect?

So when he came upon a gathering, he was pleased and amused. The smirk widened, and he stayed back, watching the lemmings grab seaweed and run into the ocean like goddamn whales - far less graceful though. He chuckled, the sound deep as his voice was starting to change early (again, Ulrik's son). Even some pegasus was all pissed off about it, yelling in the face of a sea creature who looked about as attractive as... well... as can be expected for something with scales.

Amalrik spied his cousin still on the shore, and he nodded, coming up beside the little Ellie in a bad-boy, protective kind of way. She seemed very turned off by the idea of going into the ocean, and he nudged her with his shoulder. "Smart move, Ellie," he chuckled. "Don't want to end up lookin' like ol' gill face there, eh?"

Art by Lunarblues <33

Please tag me in every post

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
A wide grin flashes across his rugged features as @Airlia draws close, and he's reminded of their previous....encounter. He finds his eyes subtly roaming her sides, searching for any swelling that may indicate that their rut has created a new life. "Airlia," he rumbles in greeting.

The next to approach him is @Tyrath, and his cold crimson gaze rests gently upon his son. He's growing well, and pride wells again in his heart. "Not yet," comes his reply to his son's question. He lowers his voice to a whisper, intending his words for Tyrath only (and perhaps Airlia, given her proximity). "I do not trust him, yet I seem to be the only one. He has so many of us under his spell." He frowns, consternation etched across every rugged line of his face. "Long before you were born, Tyrath, something similar happened. Four Gods came from across the Rift, and they brought with them strife, disease, and war. We fought and killed them, yet many were grievously injured in the battles that ensued. It was glorious, yes, but it gives me reason to be wary of this Kisamoa." Could history be repeating itself, or could Kisamoa be genuinely benevolent?

His roaming gaze finds @Isopia , and his chest constricts. The behemoth itches to approach her, but resists. Their first conversation in the aftermath of their fight should be between them and them alone, not in front of a crowd of onlookers. With great effort, the stallion looks away. His ribs give an involuntary twinge, and in the depths of his mind Vadir hisses.

He is suddenly aware of the eyes of another ( @Bellisma ) upon him, and turns to see a small, bronze mare staring at him. His crimson gaze narrows and he offers a frightful flex of his bulking muscles, putting on a show for her. Why she's looking at him is anybody's guess, but he's more than happy to bask in the attention.

Another familiar figure stands nearby, and he recognises the older male he'd rescued from thorns. "What do you think?" he rumbles to @Albrecht , hoping the elder is as sceptical as he is.

Finally, Kisamoa speaks. Volterra listens eagerly, hoping for any indication of what the sea creature's plans are. He's astonished when the beast suggests they consume seaweed and enter the water, and his ears flatten to his head. That's mad. But a plethora of fools heed Kis's command, and the leviathan watches with an open jaw. Have they lost their minds? Are they so eager to earn the monster's approval that they will risk death?

Another familiar face is the first to speak some sense, and the Gladiator looks joyously to @Aithniel . Seeing her incites a sense of melancholy in his chest; she is inadvertantly the reason why Isopia now hates him, but he does not hold it against her. She has been a poor mother to Tyrath, which irks him, but he supposes not everybody is made for parenthood. He slips towards her, just out of range of her fiery sparks, with his own muscles bulked in anticipation. "Finally, somebody with some sense," he grunts to her, intending for only her to hear it.

volterra
vérzés & vadir

coloring & coding credit

Vol is just here to watch!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

It's not long until a whole giant-ass crowd has gathered around Barnacle Bill, and Oizys notices that most of them seem less wary then she is. She swings her long tail and pins her ears at any who get too close, whilst hunting for any familiar faces amongst the crowd. She spots her shiny new siblings Arakh and Esinakh, but they are unworthy of her attention. They are not of Father's blood, therefore vastly inferior to her and precious Enyo. There's no sign of Mother, either - she's probably off getting pregnant again.

Kisamoa speaks, and invites the gathered crowd to come for a swim amongst the coral. Now, Oizys is a diehard cynic, but she cannot help the reaching claw of curiosity that scratches at the inside of her chest. This is not an opportunity that's offered every day. She has never been particularly curious about the underwater world, but now the chance has arisen...

"Fuck it, in for a penny, in for a pound," she mutters to herself. Snatching up a piece of seaweed, the gargoyle splashes into the ocean and takes a deep breath. Nerves gnaw at her stomach, but when else will she get the chance to breathe underwater? There could be all sorts of cool shit down there. With an ungainly splashing motion, the filly dives beneath the water, unseating Ker who rises into the sky with a cacophony of shrieks. She fills Oizys' mind with :C :C :C as she circles above the stream of bubbles where her bonded descended, squawking sadly.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

Ozzy eats the seaweed and goes sea-ward.

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Shida
AWWWWWWW YISSSSS

I look around to see what snot-faced brat was just addressing me. Then again, I suppose the voice coulda belonged to a eunuch or some shit, but it definitely sounded like a kid.

"Sup." I mumbled back. Clearly pooping out a kid of my own really did a number on me - you see how maternal I'm being now? Saying o hai, in stead of tearing this kid a new one? Motherhood man. It's a trip. Anyways, before I can tell her to fuck off, she says the type of thing that's apt to cement her in my good books permanently. "Fuck yeah you can. " I agree with a pink-lipped grin.

"Can you believe these lemmings? All it takes is some asshole popping out of the water, saying some shit about the Earth God and needing us all to be good Samaritans and help him out. That's how fucking cults get started, only he seems to have skipped steps 2-6, and gon straight to ritualistic suicide." I mean, not that I give a shit. If half of Helovia wants to off themselves, it's their funeral (literally). But if that's what they wanted, dang we could have made it way more cool. Fucking explosions and shit. All that was going to happen to them now was a slow terrible death, followed by their bloating ass bodies coming back up to the surface.

"Fuck that." I call enthusiastically. I look towards Aithniel, aka the one-that-yells-a-lot and needs to lay off the eye-liner. "I'm with sulky McAsh face. He's a psychopath, and ya'll are a bunch of stupid motherfuckers."

I look towards the sugar cube at my side. "Even if that shit works, who wants to go down and sing kumbaya to some fucking coral?"

I am literally then stunned into silence at just how bored these assholes must be, to jump on every band wagon that passes them.

Image Credits

Just watching. Shida politely declines Kis's offer. Mentions @Larue .

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

@Zekle 's question was an apt one, but not one that Isopia had a prepared answer for. In truth, she was still sceptical of this newcomer, but at the same time, when she searched deep in the cavities of her mind, she could find no real justification for her assumptions.

"I've never heard my Father speak of him, but there are lots of things my Father doesn't speak about." She answered in a low voice, meant only for Zero. Though she hadn't actually turned her head to look at him - her gaze was fixed intently on Kisamoa - she had leaned slightly towards him, bridging the same and causing the feathers of her wing to press gently against his wingless-side.

As Kisamoa explained that the seaweed would let them breathe underwater, Isopia's eyes widened. Such a thing was of course possible but ... To have so much of it in abundance? that was the part that Isopia didn't believe. Just an entire pile of magical kelp, there for the taking? And all so that they could visit a reef, long buried beneath the waves? It made no sense. And yet there were already a handful of foals running towards the water, grabbing a piece in their mouths, and diving down.

The Mountain studied the scene. Just as she was about to speak, @Aithniel descended in a shower of ash and fire. Without the memories of Volterra and their time together, any anger she had towards her cousin for bedding her lover was gone entirely. And so with an impassive stare, Isopia watched her cousin descend in an angry plume. Although Isopia assumed that if Kisamoa wanted to kill them there were probably other ways of doing it, surely having everyone drown themselves was the easiest of them?

And yet ... If this wasn't some sort of ploy, surely her Father would be disappointed to know that scepticism had stopped her from assisting with his plans? Even if they weren't plans that she had been told about.

"I'll go." Isopia said, striding forward. Her wing glided across Zero's flank in a silent, but unmistakable gesture of come with me. "If the weed does not have the magical properties Kisamoa declares, and something happens to me, Hubris will notify you." Her golden gaze tried to find Aithniel's eyes of steel, wanting to silently impart upon her the message of, If this is a trap, what is our play? Sure, they were the representatives of their parents, but in the face of such treachery, what would they be expected to do? Especially without Roskuld or Mesec?

Confidently, for the big mare was without fear in most instances, the demigoddess walked towards the water. Without a hitch of hesitation, she grabbed a piece of seaweed in her jaws, promptly clamped them shut, and dove headfirst into the water - red cape billowing behind her like a tail.

On the shore, Hubris whistled, anxiously wringing his clawed hands and looking towards Aithniel. It looked almost like he was listening - and in a way he was, only he was listening through the mental bond that he and Isopia shared. If it became evident that they were in danger - that they couldn't breathe under the waves, or that some other danger lurked there - he would let the ashen demigoddess know.

CONTEST WINNER

Iso goes into the water; Hubris will tell Aithiniel if anything bad happens.

isopia
Out across cities I see buildings burn into piles
And watch the world in wonder as mountains turn into tiles
And trees losing their leaves and faces becoming tired
I wish I could discover something that doesn't expire
Come and stumble me
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Since Tae had told her about the lost pelt, Ampere had been on the hunt for it. It was...nice, having such a task to focus on and alleviate some of the grief by burying it beneath duty. It was what she had always done in the past, just nothing had motivated Ampere enough in the wake of Gaucho's passing. Her loyalties to the herd remained firm, but she wavered on that aspect towards their Sultana, and their new Gladiator- she hadn't even met him, not really, so she was dispassionate towards her rank just as much. Plus, this was her daughter, their daughter, there were few things Ampere wouldn't do for her children.

She wasn't having much luck though, which wasn't surprising given how large Helovia was and how small the viewing plane of her knife was. Not to mention the item was specifically good at hiding, so fuck the needle Ampere was looking for one strand of specific hay in a hay stack.

A brilliant burst of orange spiraled through Ampere's mind, dulling her vision as she peered into the metal. Worry gnawed away at her heart suddenly, infused through the bond that tethered her and the little parrot currently fretting in the skyways above her. "Son gone," he informed her anxiously, having followed Iskra as he did his own sweep for the pelt. An image of the child vanishing under the waves popped into Ampere's consciousness like a photograph, and instantly she turned away from her work.

"Damnit," she cursed after the reckless boy, sheathing her dagger as she trotted towards the group and Kygo. As she neared the gathering and realized this was that same water god, Ampere slowed, blinking as more took the seaweed and followed suit into the waves. "Why are they swimming?" she asked of her bird, whom was happy to comply. If silence was commonplace between him and Ampere before Gaucho's death, he may as well have been bonded to a ghost after it. This task of finding the pelt had seemingly reawakened her, and he finally felt a pull other than depression, finally had conversation once again. "Helping." was all Kygo could surmise for her with his limited vocabulary.

Ampere considered that, her gaze still flashing with worry, but put more at ease that this was a task related to the powerful being. Like the rest of Helovia she was hesitant of the stranger, but she also knew if there was to eb violence, it would have already begun. Debating, Ampere breathed in the salt of the sea as she surveyed the crowd, spotting her son, and then her daughter. She slipped closer towards Tae, extending her muzzle to bump against the girl's hide, alert to the tension still rigid there. She didn't have to ask if Tae had any luck, it was obvious enough.

@Tae

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

Nyx prides herself on being brave in the purest sense of the word. To her, bravery does not mean fearing nothing at all; that is not possible. No, to her bravery comes from fearing something but doing it anyway. She fears predators; she bonded to one. She fears direct eye contact; she found herself in a high-ranked position in her herd that involves her speaking to her underlings and thus requires looking them in the eye to earn their respect. She fears Death, yet she has stared down its throat on a number of occasions in order to save a child or fight for the greater good.

She fears deep water, yet she walked into it to try and save her son a couple of years ago. For that, she was rewarded with magic, but that has not lessened her dislike of water where she cannot see the bottom. The liquid is useful to drink, but Nyx abhors the sensation of losing her hooves in it. It is the unknown, and Kisamoa's arrival has played on her mind since he hauled himself from the ocean and onto the beach. He embodies everything terrifying about deep water, and Nyx's instincts tell her to give him a wide berth.

So when she sees Oizys diving into the ocean without a care, it takes a great deal of courage for the silver soldier to throw her terror out the window and go in after her. The girl might be abrasive, rude and not at all affectionate, but she is still Nyx's child. And if there's one thing Nyx can do with aplomb, it's be a mother bear.

She's arrived too late to hear Kisamoa's declaration that the seaweed allows the eater to breathe underwater. All she sees is her daughter ploughing into the sea and disappearing beneath the loam, heralded by a cloud of bubbles as she descends to a watery grave. Her ears flatten to her head as she splashes in after her eldest remaining child, her heart beating a steady rhythm of pulsating terror but her mind focused and cold. Dominus hangs back on the shore, baring his teeth and growling his concern as his bonded attempts to grab hold of the end of Oizys' lion tail to try and pull her backwards out of the water.

Isn't joining the drop - arrives and tries to save Oizys, as she has no idea the seaweed is magical and just thinks Ozzy is trying to kill herself >.>

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

She hangs on his every satiny, wet word. The chill of the water climbing up her legs as the waves swell a little bigger than than before, and the mist tickles at her dapples and lights them up subtly at first, then boldly. The crackle and dance, spin and sizzle, falling into the stirring sea below and extinguishing. She moves closer, finding a spot somewhere near her Queen, one of them, anyway. The caped one, the one she's more familiar with (and the one present).

He wants us to dive with him!? Her mind received the request with traces, big ones, of confusion and excitement. Her sparks burst to their peak potential, spewing and spiraling to fizzle out as they tumbled into the cold water. She's always wanted to know what it's like to swim below the surface for real, without needing to quench the ache in your chest, that desperate need for air. Like a fish, or even like a whale, plunge for a while and then satisfy your lungs. Her golden eyes find Iso. The Mountain, as always, greets Kis's request with seamless grace. “I'll go.” Her well-known voice pushes Macaria to do the same, falling in line behind her and her winged friend – who she notes is someone she must find at a later date when she's not gambling the air in her lungs with them. She trots to catch up, snatching a piece of seaweed with a polite smile and moving toward the water in The Mountain's wake. It swallowed them up and only the passing minutes would tell them whether or not they've made a deadly choice.

FOLLOWS ISOPIA AND ZERO INTO DA WAVES!
Yay for naive Macaria! or brave, whichever, she doesn't know

Seeking ~
Water x Fire :: Morphs into an aqueous vapor orb.
Restrictions: Cannot attack. Small sphere, 1 ft circumference. Lethargy if used too long [several hours].

(feel free to tweak if that is too muchhh <3)
1 refusal

macaria

Image by Psilo!

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

They may have all been playing a fool’s game – been led by a piper down into ruins and disaster, strung and led together by the tides of barbarity, but the boy was still too young, still too ignorant (despite what he’d seen and heard). He was snared just like the rest, entranced, enticed, by the sensation of adventure, by the glorious highlights of what could be, not jaded or bitter enough to stand along the shore and spout irreverence. While Orsino was vastly disappointed (because there had yet to be a single ounce of blood spilt, because no destruction had befallen them, because no merciless rampages had been constructed), Erebos listened intently, ears twisted, attention so pinpointed, so riveted, that he scarcely noticed anyone else nearby. The kitsune might have mentioned Rikyn, slinking off behind them, touching close to the shadows (suspicious, he could’ve hissed), and the warrior wouldn’t have ever noticed. He was too intent on their cause, on their task, to give anything else much thought. The mission alone gave him great pause – because he’d never had to swim before.

He’d never had to learn. What would’ve been the point when he could grace the water’s surface, when he could coast along the waves, when he could join the tides and run across their wares until it ended on the other side of the world? The prince had been granted and blessed with such a gift from birth – the hazardous tear of the ocean had never called to him, had never plundered his soul, had never drained all of his strength or muscles; he’d been a Lilliputian Poseidon, wreaking havoc and ruling the veneer, staring at fish, laughing at the gulls. It’d come from his mother, he was certain, because she’d been made of the rain and mist, showers and shoal, shells and surf, and he’d used it to the best of his abilities – crashing amidst the stars, never sinking, never shirking, living life to the fullest on top of the bountiful, eternal sea. The youth’s eyes narrowed to the rolling current, to the seaweed promising air under the foamy finish, and he heaved one valorous breath, before waltzing towards the bracken.

It was just like always – his hooves touched the waves, and instead of being thrown into their wild midst, he was walking along their wares, a blue titan matched in an all-consuming expanse. Orsino stayed along the dunes, growling and rolling his eyes, and the Basin lad promptly ignored him, drawing his stare down, where other beasts had called to the God’s commandments, where they drifted into coral reefs and shadows. For a moment, his opportunity was lost. The seaweed snatched and clenched with his maw would do no good – he’d see nothing at all but their bodies disappearing into the fathoms below. Except Erebos had always had a clever streak in him, a sensation of Machiavellian tendencies his sire passed along, and he hated to be outwitted, outmaneuvered, or outdone. He snorted briefly, taking in those precious breaths of air, before sending his cranium down into the midst, twisting his body below the surface, while his daggers remained completely stationary, stuck to the sea, and he could see them all, upside down as it were. He wouldn’t be going any farther, and he couldn’t reach the flickering hues of coral, but it was better than nothing at all. Perhaps he’d be able to catch a few sights, a few sounds, and report back to those lingering on the dunes, waiting for news of recent events.

[Due to Erebos’ water-walking magic, he can’t go any further than the surface. He chooses to take the seaweed anyway, goes out a bit from the shore, and throws his body underneath the waves, so his feet remain planted on the surface, but he can see what’s going on. Basically hanging upside down. ;D]

Erebos
i have nothing, but then the have is not as good as the want

image || table

Noe Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3
charks

I heard a whispered dream of you

in the prayer of the stars and the hymn of the rain

"Will you trust me, place this seaweed into your mouths, and follow me down into places you've never been able to go before?"

Oh, goodness, no, no thank you, no, nope, not in a million years. It is here that the girl draws the line between faith and self-preservation, a fine beading of cold sweat rising on her skin at the very idea of going into the wretched, murderous sea. Even a peripheral, exploratory thought of it makes her skin crawl and her viscera churn, and she backs up several rapid paces, stumbling in the unsteady sand. This must be an evil god, Noe thinks, her ears pinned back into the mess of her hair, Trying to coax us down to hell. A diabolical act which seems to be working, for all around her there are foolhardy innocents plunging into the hungry waves. She tries to call to them, to warn them of the danger, but her voice catches in her constricting throat, and they vanish like stones, pulled one-by-one into the deep. Erthë darts past here, and Noe wants to call out, to keep her from what will almost certainly be her doom, but the painted priestess cannot talk.

She cannot even watch, for the mere sight of the waves makes her knees unsteady and her head reel.

Her crowned head shaking, Noe retreats somewhat up the beach, to where a group of sensible children stand, evidently also of the opinion that the ocean is to be avoided. Smart. Sensible. And someone needs to look after them. One appears scantly more than a newborn, the other only slightly older. "We'll help from up here!" the Rain Girl calls (mutters), though to who it is unclear- the false god? The children? The shaky notes of her voice are muffled, unsteady, but even this decrease in proximity has inspired in her some small relief. The beat of her heart is less uproarious, the churning of her stomach less tumultuous, as she continues to pass her stuttering brown gaze over the remaining crowd, praying to the Gods of Sky and Stars to somehow intervene, and keep these idiots from certain death.

@Erthë, @Eleanor, @Amalrik
Stays on shore
Magic || time x water :: can summon creatures made of liquid starlight, that freeze on contact

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
There was a lot to take in with the scene before her, made all the more overwhelming by her ability to only hear about half of what was being said. This distance was bothersome, but her sense of self-preservation won out over the need to be included, especially since @tae had just arrived.

Bellisma's attention was stolen away momentarily by the sound of a loud call - out of place in this setting, she thought. Head swiveling to find the course, emeralds rested on a black and white child , moving back and forth in a gesture that screamed fear to the seasoned mare. She wanted to go comfort the girl, but knew doing so would potentially draw attention to the mysterious bodiless footprints in the sand. Thus the bronze woman remained where she was, silently wishing the filly well.

Once this was decided, she allowed her wonderings to drift back to the group gathered before her. More were still arriving, and the unnerving sense of being observed had the mare glancing around sidelong. Hey eye cause on a peculiar one-winged pegasus, heart nearly skipping out of her chest in her fear of having been discovered. Surely the cloak did lose its magic that quickly - it had only been a matter of minutes since she'd donned it. The way his gaze never seemed to settle on any one part of her, though, had her thinking that perhaps he didn't really visualize her. Just in case, Bellisma refused to move a muscle for fear of inciting further interest.

That was, until @tembovu entered the scene. Not expecting to be in the same vicinity as the father of her late captive for many more days, if not months, his sudden arrival had the mare taking a cautious step back. She had never seen him before, but his name was well-known around Helovia and his son was a spitting image of the sire. His deep voice was clearly heard even from the current distance, and for being so large he came across oddly... friendly, at least to Bellisma's ear.

It wasn't long before the head of the figurative meeting spoke again. His flippancy toward entering the water made her wary - more than that, actually, considering his tone. Unbidden, a memory she would rather erase came flooding back to her mind's eye, of a brutish stallion gently brushing her ear and whispering, "You're free." The first few times he'd said it, Bellisma had run. And every. Single. Time. His hounds caught her. Eventually, she stopped falling victim to the tantalizing words, accepting her fate for what it was, and his words no longer elicited a reaction from her broken soul. The strange creature now, though he had done nothing to personally wrong Bellisma, could very well be doing the same thing. Yet this was how magic was obtained, was it not? By completing strange tasks for the gods of these lands? That was the rumor, though the mare was understandably atheist; no one could endure the torture she had and still feel someone was watching out for them.

She watched as one by one the others dove in willingly after the creature. Many were young and pliable, but some were not. Hesitant, Bellisma weighed her options: follow and potentially obtain magic, or remain on land where she knew she was safe, and forever be the same plain mare she'd always been. Brow drawing together in frustration, she pawed the earth once before steadily back-stepping, looking over her shoulder from time to time to ensure she was not bringing herself within visible distance of anyone. This was a bad idea - a terrible idea, actually, and she needed to not fall for it. Besides, getting to the water meant bypassing Tae and the larger mare that had recently approached her, and if diving headlong into the ocean wasn't asking for trouble, that definitely was.

Bellisma had crested a small dune, taking her out of sight of the masses, when a familiar figure came into view. @kianzo? What was he doing here? Rapidly changing plans, she drew nearer to him, yanked the cloak off her back with her teeth, and tossed it over the colt. "Hold this for me," she request-demanded, offering him a quick smile before changing directions. A few steps away she stopped, looked back at him, and whispered, "I'd prefer getting it back once this is all over, but if you-know-who starts sniffing around, take off with it."

With that she trotted back to the dwindling group and, steadfastly ignoring Tae and the mare beside her, grabbed a piece of seaweed betwen her teeth. Clamping her lips tightly around it, Bellisma took one final breath of real air and plunged into the water.
Seeking:
[Magic: Water x Light | Ability to imbue small bodies of water with healing properties]
[Restrictions | More severe injuries require larger volumes drunk / longer exposure time]

Bellisma followed Kis into the water!

Her heart goes out to @esinakh (who I stg I did not realize was written by smitty before writing her into the post x.x), eyes @Zèklè warily. Everything involving Kianzo was written with Smitty's prior permission <3

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark

K I A D A

Her eyes scanned the group for a brief moment, hope welling in her chest at spotting her brother but to no avail. She sighed quietly among herself, putting herself aside where there wasn’t an extreme amount of bodies. She didn’t mind groups, but she definitely didn’t consider it a thing she wanted to get used to. And so, with her eyes forward, she watched the water creature while Khairi mentally informed her of her mother and father’s entrances into the group. Of course, the filly ignored them until Khairi began to chirp to her. Turning her head, wondering what the bird seemed so excited about, she realized the reason why.

Yaahrr.

Something inside her fluttered at the greeting, but she did her best to keep it diminished beneath her ink dipped features. She grinned to him, dipping her head. My, Ru’in was growing fast (though she supposed the same could be said for her). Immediately, she reached out to greet him if he so wished – hanging half way as to not intrude on his space. Though, despite being young she still remembered that feeling he had given her as his head hovered among her fires as they danced and shifted. Likewise, they continued to shift, emerging foxes just barely hidden among the various other animals. And as Ru’in continued to speak, she offered him a small shrug of her golden shoulders.

Maneuvering herself to stand beside him, her gaze landed on Kis. “I don’t know what he’s up to.” She added in, some sort of suspicious tone underlying her words as the water creature began to speak his idea of swimming under the water to seemingly sing to coral. She snorted, lowering her head with a slight shake. “I’m not going in there. You can if you want, but I don’t like this.” She admitted, Khairi chirping in his agreement as Kiada’s oceanic gaze sought Ru’in’s to see what he thought of it.

"Talk. "

I pride myself in being the poison
on the tip of your tongue.
img credits

Kiada stays on the shore!
Directly interacts with @Ru'in <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.