the Rift

[OPEN] rain clouds on a rainy night

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Cathun
It is at night that he feels the most isolated.

Under the blanket of stars, the great desert of the Throat stretches out before him like a dark ocean.  To the south, in the distance, a great pyre burns - golden, immortal.  Through his own freakish existence, a second has joined the landscape of the desert realm: Cathun.  The burning man himself, pacing restlessly in the late hours, feeling the flames of his body consuming his soul and his heart reaching out desperately from the coals.

The sands shifted in the time he had been missing, seeking another option aside from an endless stream of murders to keep his flesh in place and the inner pyre of his true nature at bay.  Precious time had already been wasted, and the thought, the notion that Ranjiri's life might be forfeit because of his failure clenched his stomach with a terrible fear.  It is at night, in the home her formerly had come to know, to love, to understand, that guilt clutches at his throat.

He had not found the wisdom within the mouth's of others he needed to return to the Time God, and his life force slipped further and further into the abyss with each passing moment.  Agitation, at himself, at the world, at the priests, at anything and everything drove his legs to motion, scorching the earth in his path.  Hours and hours he walked forward, North, toward some unknown mystery.  He wished to fulfill the promise made, to save himself and spare the girl he trusted and cared about.  The crushing feeling of doubt reigns supreme, however, like a weight firmly planted across both shoulders.

The voice in the back of his mind, the one he fought to silence, beginning to chime in the silence under starlight.  You are a monster.  A disgrace.  A murderer.  An abomination.  The whispers clog his thoughts and force him forward, finding himself quite mindlessly in front of a familiar place.
The Heart.
The flames of the world sprung forth in the darkness, leaping to greet a creature of similar making.

Hypnotically, the orange tongues dance and crack, flickering with brilliant life.  The warmth from the Heart is not felt, but mimicked from the very body that had once been bound in flesh.  Nothing more than a fire shaped and twisted in a frame of a horse, Cathun stands.  He appears much like a demon that had broken free from the Heart itself, and wishes silently that his fate were as kind.  Wreathed in flames and regret, he stares into the fire, lost and alone.

""

ooc -- Trying to get his plotline moving again.  Tagging some people who replied to his plot thread and might be interested still, but anyone is welcome to reply.  <3
@Amara @Cera @Albrecht

so tell me why, baby, they might call me crazy
for saying I'd fight, until there is no more

peretz partensky on flickr
larfsalot on deviantart

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Ausar Posts: 9
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Audi
Ausar
It was a hard knock life.

...For everyone else. As it were, Ausar was prancing along the silver lining of cloud nine. Or he was on the outside, at least. Internally, the beast loathed every conversation he had to make, every new equine he had to cross paths with, and every prying eye that was all too eager to run back to papa and tattle on him. He had to keep himself in check, keep the "other" guy under lock and key, until he'd earned the trust of this place and his name was one that caused a shiver (because they should fear him) but no one knew why. It would be then, and only then, that he would let the fire out - let it burn everything in his path, including those too stubborn or too stupid to get out of his way.

It was while this train of thought was roiling through his mind that the midnight brute caught a flicker out of the corner of his eye. Something, there in the distance, was getting a head start on the burning. Lids narrowing over solely yellow orbs, Ausar started in this new direction, intrigued. He found as he grew closer that a cave lied beyond the.. thing undulating before it. The creature, if it could even be called that, appeared to be an offshoot of the flame that seemed to be feeding off the ground itself, though no fuel source was visible. The first notion to cross the stallion's mind was that he was viewing a being emerging from Hell, and soon it would rise up and sweep this world in a terror it had never before known. Yet as he observed it, the fiery being made no move, flicked not an ear (if it could really even be said to have them) - only peered into the element that consumed it. Really, if Ausar could pass any judgment on the indistinct figure, he would say it was... defeated.

Audits perking at the opportunity to help a demon (if that's what it was) and earn its favor, the man picked up his pace until he drew up to the being's side. It was hot, so the beast had to keep a fair distance from it. Still, he pushed the boundary of what was probably considered sane. For a moment all he did was gaze into the flickering gold beneath them, allowing the possible ally time to accept his presence. Then, gruffly, he observed, "You look like you could use some cheering up." Coming from this stallion, that was the biggest kiss-ass. But for now, Ausar new he needed to pucker up.
@cathun ~ hope you don't mind me popping in! <3 This guy's pretty much heartless, but he'd be happy to spill some tragic stories of what he's done in the past (in story format, so it wouldn't be obvious he'd been the wrong-doer)
Please only tag in opening posts.
Contact/Force/Magic always permitted provided you're not killing or irreparably damaging him!

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Cathun
From the darkness, the glint of white horns appear.

Cathun turns his head, a mask of flames undulating in waves over his body, dousing the immediate area in light. The glint of yellow eyes fill his senses, trying to fit a face to the man swathed in the shadow of night. He chooses to stand quite a distance; it is a wise choice.

A pop and crackle release an ember into the air, the essence of his being drifting quietly on the wind into the distance, but thankfully not onto his company's flesh.

He had long since grown accustomed to the feeling of eyes upon his figure. When you walked like a funeral pyre through crowds, you tended to get odd looks and fearful eyes. However, he chose to simply act as if it were natural for him to be here. He no longer attempt to avoid prying eyes, questions, or others. The cascading walls of fire were now his body, and with the rate at which he was fulfilling the request of the Time God, they would be on his dying day.

Eventually, the fire would cease to burn.

The statement rings from the lips of his odd company, and two white hot pinpoints in the first turn toward the stallion - the eyes of Cathun. The face wrought of fire looks hopeful, perhaps, mirrored in the sudden liveliness of the flames encasing his soul. Could this man help him fulfill his task?

"Aye," his voice comes from with fires, a small gap in the tongues peeking open to reveal a hazy form of a maw. "I am seeking tales of woe, tragedy and sorrow, that I might find understanding." Understanding of what? Cathun did not even know. Shifting his figure to turn to face the other in his entirety, the fires hiss and sizzle as embers fly from his would be joints. "I have nothing to show for my efforts so far."

The sprite of fire looks at his company, the intense heat leaping forth from the windows to his soul. "Do you happen to know any?"

He needed to save Ranjiri, that was the only thing on his mind as he stared at this stranger.

""

ooc -- Not at all! Thanks<3

so tell me why, baby, they might call me crazy
for saying I'd fight, until there is no more

peretz partensky on flickr
larfsalot on deviantart

@Ausar

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!