Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

After meeting the strange creature, Sarabi and I had left. To many familiar faces from the Falls had arrived, as well as seeing the... Well fuck it the grouping of mares around Volterra. What chance did I stand against all of that? If something earth shattering was going to happen because of that creature, well i'd find out sooner or later. Might as well leave and enjoy my time away from everyone for as long as I can. I had made myself an outcast for a reason hadn't I?

Sarabi pads along behind me. Everything in her emotions scream 'I told you so'. She had not liked Volterra from the moment we met him, but had entertained my curiosity for his dragons. Speaking of, where had they been? Neither the gold nor the red had been at his side. Stop thinking of him. Waste of space. She says simply. I had let my hooves lead us to where I had been hiding out for the last few months. Well at least since I had left the Falls. Even that choice I am beginning to second guess. Had I really made the right choice to leave the only home I had ever known? Sarabi's answer to that was swift.  Yes. They not care about you.

So together we weave through the greenery. I don't even care if someone had followed. Normally I'd take the long route to my little spot, but this time I don't care. My give a damn is finally busted. 

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Volterra

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

THROW THE BAIT, CATCH THE SHARK, BLEED THE WATER RED
FIFTY WORDS FOR MURDER AND I'M EVERY ONE OF THEM

Healing from his most recent set of battle wounds has taken longer this time. Broken ribs, it transpires, do not simply knit together as bruises and cuts do. They take time, and a lot of pain, in order to return to their usual position. Weeks of agony have blurred into one for the blackened leviathan, but at long last he feels a little more alive. His side still aches intermittently, but it is not unbearable anymore.

His fractured relationship with Vadir has shown signs of healing too, thankfully. They have begun to speak to each other again, albeit in overly-formal broken speech. He thinks it will be a while before they are back to being the inseparable bonded pair they once were, but he now has confidence that it will happen. Together with both his dragons, he has been musing on the appearance of Kisamoa on the beach and what it can possibly mean for the Helovia populace. Last time a seemingly benevolent new God appeared, it ended horribly for masses of the gathered soldiers. Volterra fears that it could happen again, and so he has no intention to trust the sea beast anytime soon.

To try and pick up clues, he has been spending a lot of time down at the beach. Sand clogs his feathered feet as he finally leaves the shore to head inland for grazing, but his mind is still full of what Kisamoa's appearance might mean. The red dragon rides on his back, but Vadir is off hunting. Her own wounds have finally healed enough to allow her to move and fly freely again, and she is desperately re-building the strength in her muscles.

As the stallion moves between the trees to graze, his nostrils detect the aroma of a familiar mare. She approached him on the beach when Kisamoa appeared, but he didn't have chance to speak to her amongst the chaos. "Vitani," he greets as he meanders towards her. "Hello again." He flashes her a grin, whilst his dragon twitches his long crimson tail.

Sorry for the wait! @Vitani

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
V
I
T
A
N
I

"Vitani" My name causes my head to jerk around. My heart begins to race at the sound of the voice who had spoken it. Since when has another caused such a reaction from me?! "Hello again." He smiles at me, and somewhere inside I want to melt. But on the outside remains the shocked and stone cold expression. Sarabi is at my side almost at once, the fur along her spine raised slightly. I cast her a glance, mentally I scolded her. Keep your opinion to yourself. Almost at once she drops back. If you need me, i'll be hunting. With that, the hellhound stalks off, leaving Volterra, his red and myself alone. Hello again Volterra.

I stand there after speaking, silent and unsure as hell of what I should even say next. What do I do? What do I say? All the sudden it hits me that I am on my own as Sarabi has tried to close me out of our bond. She can't totally of course, only death would close me out... Mother had taught me that much about the bond. I shove the thought of my Mother out of my mind just as fast as she had entered. I have no time for being sad now. I need to stay focused. Did you follow me here? I ask softly. After all, I needed to know if he was following me around now, or if this meeting was just pure chance.

All the sudden I can feel Sarabi's emotions as she hunts. She's let that much of the bond slip back open. I sigh softly with relief. I needed to know she was there, and maybe as much as she was trying to be a hard ass to me, she needed to feel me there too.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Volterra

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He quizzically tilts his head at the cold expression on the mare's face, wondering what could have upset her. She hadn't seemed aloof during their previous meeting, and it does not escape his notice that her dog's heckles are up as well. He is grateful that Vadir is not here, for fear of what she may have done to avenge the hellhound's attitude, but on his back Vérzés gives a small growl of warning. The dog then stalks off, and Volterra watches her go with evident interest in his eyes. Is she picking up on her bonded's emotions, or just naturally aggressive towards almost-strangers?

Did you follow me here? He shakes his colossal head, not wanting the mare to think he is some sort of stalker. Of course, he does follow his women around to ensure no other man tries to have their wicked way with them, but Vitani is not his. He might be rather intrigued by her, but there's a long way to go yet. "No. I was on the beach, searching for clues as to what Kisamoa may be up to, then decided to head into the forest to graze." The leviathan gestures with his nose to the sand that clogs the feathers of his feet.

He falls silent for a moment before speaking again. "Your hound seemed less than pleased to see me. Is that just her, or a reflection of you?" The question is blunt and straight to the point - Volterra is not the sort of man to beat around the bush.

@Vitani

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

V
I
T
A
N
I

"No. I was on the beach, searching for clues as to what Kisamoa may be up to, then decided to head into the forest to graze." I nodded, a soft sigh escaping me about the same time. I won't pretend there isn't a part of me that was wishing he had been following, while the other had accepted my lonely existence with just Sarabi for company. My eyes followed his gesture, taking in the sand. That was not the only thing I took in. Something seemed, different from the last time we met. Although I am not sure what it is.

My train of thought is quickly knocked off as Volterra speaks again. "Your hound seemed less than pleased to see me. Is that just her, or a reflection of you?" I find myself sighing again. That would be her I'm afraid. She's very um, protective of me.. be it physically or emotionally. She has it in her head that you are going to toy with me one way or another. My voice echoed my frustration with her. Mentally Sarabi growled at me. I could feel her anger at me telling why she had acted that way.

I only pause for a moment before going on. She's not right it she? I questioned softly. I can feel Sarabi coming back. She's angry, but not at the stallion. When she arrived, I'd have to deal with her. For now, I needed to know I was right about him and she was wrong.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Volterra

He can't help the stab of relief that spasms through him as Vitani reveals that it's her dog, not her, who greeted him with such aggression. Despite himself, the mare intrigues him. He doesn't like the idea of her hating him already. "Toy with you?" Perhaps the dog is more astute than he'd thought, although probably not in the way she thinks. "She has nothing to worry about. I may....enjoy the company of women, but I do not play games." This is the truth. Volterra is an open book, an open flame. He does not hide his promiscuous ways, and he would not string a woman along if she demanded to be his one and only. He is honest and upfront about his polygamy, and prides himself on it.

She questions if her dog was right, and the leviathan shakes his head. "As I say, I am not that sort of man. I am open about the way I choose to live, and it does not shame me." It doesn't. Others, for unfathomable reasons, frown on stallions acting like stallions. Apparently they should smother their urges and live like priests, eternally miserable and refusing to indulge in a woman or two for fear it will upset the delicate sensibilities of the Helovian populace. Not Volterra. He will change for nobody. "I admit that I do not live like a monk, but I would not toy with a mare if she thought me hers and hers alone." Isopia flutters unwittingly into his head, but he forces her aside. That was different - he had been planning on telling her.

The leviathan looks her straight in the eye. "Does that bother you?" he questions.

@Vitani

V
I
T
A
N
I

"Toy with you? She has nothing to worry about. I may....enjoy the company of women, but I do not play games." Enjoy the company of women.... Wait... Oh... OH! At all fell into place. He was surrounded by those other mares, because... When the question of if Sarabi leaves my lips, I almost regret it at once. He shakes his head and speaks again. "As I say, I am not that sort of man. I am open about the way I choose to live, and it does not shame me." As these words play over and over in my mind it finally hits. Volterra sleeps with multiple women. Is it possible, take is what he wants to do with me as well? A part of me is curious, and the other part of me wants to run.

"I admit that I do not live like a monk, but I would not toy with a mare if she thought me hers and hers alone." My mind spun. Would not toy? What did that even mean? That he would set her straight like he was talking to me right now? Or? As his gaze meets mine, I find it hard to look away even though my mind is reeling with my sudden epiphany. Well, not just that... But that I am still attracted to him in a way I do not understand. "Does that bother you?" I realize I have not spoken in a while. I need to say something.. Anything. Sarabi appears back at my side, her muzzle covered in the blood of her latest meal. I told you. She speaks into my mind. I know you did, but... I have to know it all. What do you mean, when you say you don't toy with a mare if she thinks of you as hers and hers alone? Would you want me? And me alone? Sarabi growls softly at my thought.

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Volterra - life sucks - so sorry this is dragging out longer

The dog reappears, her muzzle dipped in blood. Immediately Vérzés licks his chops hungrily, the scent of blood heavy in his nostrils, but a firm command from Volterra tells him to stay where he is on the leviathan's back. It is in the dragon's nature to want to attack any that he perceives as taking his prey, but the stallion has no intention of allowing him to indulge such a desire.

What do you mean, when you say you don't toy with a mare if she thinks of you as hers and hers alone? The beast's brow furrows in confusion, sensing that they are entering dangerous territory here. "I would be quick to inform her that it can never be the case. Monogamy is not for me, Vitani, nor, in my opinion, should it be for any man with balls between his legs." There's a surprising fierceness in his voice and he stomps one heavily feathered hoof to emphasise his point. He loathes monogamy - it is unnatural, the domain of lesser men and of women who should know better. Any mare that thinks she has the sole right to a man's heart and loins needs to be swiftly corrected from her erroneous thinking.

"For animals like us, monogamy is not a viable way to ensure the survival of the species. It is unnatural." He realises that he may be offending the mare, which he doesn't want to do, but this is something he is passionate about. He likes her, hopes they can be friends - or more - but she needs to know who he is. What he is.

There is a caveat, though. Polygamy is not bad, not intrinsically selfish as some think it is. "That does not mean a polygamous man cannot look after his women. He will protect them with his life, and will care for all of them equally." His tirade finished, the giant fixes Vitani with his piercing red gaze, keen to gauge her reaction.

@Vitani

V
I
T
A
N
I

"I would be quick to inform her that it can never be the case. Monogamy is not for me, Vitani, nor, in my opinion, should it be for any man with balls between his legs." I wanted to take a step back. I had been raised to think that every man found one woman and that was it... Granted, my own mother had never gotten to be with the one she felt had been her 'one'... But maybe they are both together now. The tone and the stomp, well they show just how sure he is of this. "For animals like us, monogamy is not a viable way to ensure the survival of the species. It is unnatural." My mind is spinning. In a matter of words Volterra has crashed every idea i've ever known of family down.

I told you! I told you he's bad news! Sarabi's thoughts scream though my mind. I'll admit she was right. This was not what I wanted to hear him say, my ears pin back slightly as my mind struggles to understand what he means. "That does not mean a polygamous man cannot look after his women. He will protect them with his life, and will care for all of them equally." Well that just added even more to the confusion. His women? They were his but yet he was free to fuck whoever he wanted? What the hell?! So you're telling me, that you basically can and will fuck whoever you want... Yet those women somehow suddenly belong to you? My tone screamed of confusion, while my body language showed I was tense and unease.

I wanted to understand, but at the same time.... How could one care for so many? How could all these other women, be okay with sharing one man? Did they even know they were sharing? Hell, why was he telling me all this to begin with? Did he want ME to be one of his women? I have to admit, the thought of starting a family had crossed my mind. Hell, starting a family with him had crossed my mind but.... Could he understand how I was raised? Could he ever understand, me?

Talk
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

@Volterra - so sorry for the wait