the Rift

[OPEN] When The Ashes Hit The Gound... I Will Be There.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN & TIN
Didn't you know that Poision is always Pretty?

It was a long journey. They had traveled here not for the festive, but for her sister. Two front golden filled legs carried a glass bracelet. One for her and one for her sister. They may not be in the same herd, but Rae made it a point to come see Hotaru at least once a season. Life in edge had consumed her life. With the birth of Gawen, and well others trying to steal from Edge it had been awhile. Being a specter was not an easy task. Most of her time was spent in the shadows, but today the pale woman lurked in the light of the moon. Sparkling her body moved into the mouth of the Basin. Others were leaving, and some were still around. It was the perfect time to find the Lady of the Basin, her sister.

Tin trotted along side of her as her silk like body slipped into the mountains. Teal eyes searched and scanned the cage like world. Cold, dark, barren , but filled with life. The snow covered ground was left with impressions from the previous event. Life filled the desolate place, but slowly the visitors trickled out. Everything was returning to how the gold mare envisioned the frozen world to be. It was quiet, solemn like the mourning of a death. Owl whispered their night songs to each other, and sound of dying crickets chirped in the night. Frost laid it's blanket over the mountain's, giving all who live there a sweet kiss goodnight. At first the mare thought it was too late. Ru probably had found shelter in her cave by now. Her mind wondered and reality snapped back in when Tin jumped up. Ru... Ru! Look, Look!! Teal eyes picked out the rose color bodice of her sister, her twin. Hooves picked up into a canter, her heart pounded, and a smile could not fall from her maw. Closer and closer the two came to her until she broke into a trot. Then finally standing in front of the Lady of the Basin   her sister, she reached out to touch her cheek.  "Ru, I missed you...."  Her honey sweet voice trail off, then the smile fell from her face. Something was wrong. Tin walked up closer, dipping his heavy antlered skull to Alice. Worried green eyes found their way to the two sisters.

Expressions of joy and happiness were gone from the specters face, and she frowned.Expressive orbs glowed with silver flecks as she reached out to touch Ru's shoulder. Velvet gold brushed against rose and she looked to Alice with a meek smile.  "Ru what's wrong, are you okay? " Trying to lighten her mood she let a playful smile fall on her face " Who does big sister need to beat up now?" She tried to get her to giggle and laugh, but some how she felt like, she would fail at it.  A frozen sigh left her mouth as she looked upon her sister. Ru was strong, successful, and everything Rae wished she was. Why was she feeling like this? There had only been a handful of time Rae saw her sister like this. She could hardly fathom what would make Ru this upset, depressed, and sad. "Are mom and dad okay? I have been trying to find them... It has been so long..."

OOC:: please only for Hotaru

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Hotaru

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

The expanse of her cavern felt empty with Thranduil's absence. She didn't know why she'd expected him to stay, as if his visit had somehow erased the decision he'd made when he'd descended the mountain to free her from her chains. But she felt the ache of his disappearance like a physical wound that could not be sutured. It nestled right alongside the hole that Ashamin's had left, and she mourned that her sin of loving more than one man had led to the fitting fate of being abandoned by both of them. Just as she was eternally left behind by her children, who disappeared into the frost like ice particles blown away on the northern wind. Reminding her of her failures as a mother, no matter how she tried to love and encourage them. Was this revenge as well? For despising her own mother when Phaedra had done nothing wrong? 

Hotaru's head dropped listlessly to press the soft expanse of her pale muzzle across the pendant on her chest. An intertwined, unending knot. It was as warm as her chest, silent on Thranduil's end. What did he feel, on the other end of the pendant? Were her emotions projecting through the pang of ice he would feel on his chest? Would he think of her, come to her, or would he simply sigh and ignore the silent call? 

Alice was keeping watch in the front of the cavern and even she could not rip Hotaru's mind from the doubts and worries that plagued her when her citizens could not see her weakness. There was no answer she could give. Alice did not know the heart of Thranduil or Ashamin, and could not help the crumbling kingdom Hotaru reigned over. It broke her heart to see her sister so torn apart, and it hurt worse to see her face each morning with a brave face and a flawless smile, hoping for change that wouldn't come. A cycle that Alice could not break, though she would in a heartbeat if only to shatter the chain it had become around Hotaru's neck. 

Ears perked as steps approached at a fast pace, and Hotaru lifted her face listlessly. Nobody but her closest friends and advisors would seek her out in her cavern, unless it was an emergency. There was no point in summoning her frigid countenance, not when she didn't have the energy to spare. But even in her downtrodden spirits, the Valkyrie smiled to see her elder sister trailing in through the grey-bright opening of the cavern. Though Hotaru was a Lady, and Raeden was not, she still looked to the golden girl as her older sister. Perhaps she could help ease the burden from her shoulders this evening. 

Alice licked at Tin's nose while the sisters greeted each other, Hotaru offering her smiling lips towards Raeden for their own reunion. "I've missed you too Rae," she confessed softly in turn, hating the miles and miles that kept them apart at all times. But she could not ask her sister to abandon everything she knew and loved just to come to the Basin with Hotaru. Just as she knew her sister would never ask the same of her in reverse. A deep sigh rattled through her chest as Raeden - who always knew Hotaru too well, who could see past any mask the Valkyrie composed ever since they were young fillies - immediately noticed her emotional state. 

"I've stupidly fallen for two stallions, both who have abandoned me. One who I had foals with. And this herd...well, while the Edge swells to bursting, the rest of the herds suffer in turn..." and she hoped Raeden would forgive her bitter tone, because she did not blame her sister for being part of the one herd that seemed to be doing well as of late. And she'd glossed over Thranduil and Ashamin, not wanting Raeden to really pry deeper because the wound was too fresh, the hurt too present to really talk about it. But Hotaru did laugh softly, eyes warm with fondness as she regarded her sister. "We both know I'm the fighter, Rae. Wouldn't want to get your pretty coat bloody, now would we? You're the beauty and I'm the brawn." And again she tried to hide her bitterness, years of feeling inadequate next to her sister rising up, issues she'd never really dealt with. Had never been able to deal with, with how Raeden had disappeared for years on end. 

And then the next question shattered her apart, and she stared in horror at her twin, who had spent so many years unaware of the fact that their parents had been murdered. "Oh Rae...oh Gods Rae I...I didn't know that you..." her voice was choked as her throat closed tight around each word, strangling her with the weight of the knowledge she held. And though she hadn't cried for them since the night she'd discovered their bodies, tears fell anew from her mismatched eyes as she relived it all over again. "Raeden...mom and dad...they were murdered by Gaucho when he was possessed by the Moon Goddess. They died together. The God of the Earth turned them into a tree in the Steppe..." tears fell down her cheeks as she whispered this news to her twin, and though she was grateful that - unlike millions of others who had lost their loved ones - she had a monument to visit to always remember her parents, it did nothing to lessen the burden of loss in her soul. One that Raeden would now have to carry as well. And Hotaru would never have wished that on her.

So sad ;-; @Raeden stupid tag
Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN & TIN
Didn't you know that Poision is always Pretty?

The heavy skull of the deer butted against Alice's skull after she licked him. It was his way of saying Hello friend . Green eyes glanced over watching the reactions of the sister. He fell to the side of the cave not wanting to intrude on their moment. It was something special every time the sister were together. Yes, there may be some things that need to be discussed between the two, but for right now it was only about Rae and Ru getting to reconnect and grow stronger in their bond. Issues and arguments were something that could be talked about on a later date. Why Raeden left Helovia for so long was something she really could not explain, but right now none of that mattered. The only thing that mattered was that the sister was once again able to see each other. They could touch each other, and they could stand together, and they could finally fill the missing half of the puzzle.

The cave fell silent after the greetings of happiness and joy. Ru tried to hold everything in, but Raeden knew her better than that. Teal eyes widened as she listened to what her sister had to say about her emotional state. Her face fell into a frown as she spoke of men. Weren't they all the root to evil? Cream tresses shook as she stood in disbelief."You mean to tell me a man, or should I say men made you feel like this? Ru don't let that eat at you. Men are bastards trust me. I had a child as well, and he never came to the birth. Gawen has not even met him yet."  Shaking her head she continued  " Don't let any man make you feel like this you are the Lady of the Basin who can kick some ass!" She chuckled trying to brighten the mood. "The Basin is not thriving, why do you say that? I am sorry for seeming blind to the fact, I just have not been to the other Herds. " Hearing her sister laugh brightened the mood. Bright silver flecked eyes looked at her with a brighter tone. "Okay your right, I do the beauty part better... Fighting as never really been my thing. I will if I have too, but I am never looking for a fight. You were always more advanced at that than I was anyways! I mean look at you Lady of the Basin." She smiled and enjoyed the good laugh with her sister. It was much needed to lighten the heavy mood. Little did she know...

Smiles and laughter twisted and morphed into sadness and tears. The mood fell heavy upon the two and Tin lowered his skull in the sadness. The colorful deer nudged the shoulder of the Hellhound unsure if he should intervene. The heavy silence fell upon the twins once again. Agony burned in her chest, pain ripped through her mind, anger filled her heart. She was not ready for what her sister told her. "What.... what do you mean? They are gone?!" Honey tones of her face felt like they were burning with fire, tears swelled in her teal ocean eyes. How had she been so blind to the world around her? "You mean to tell me the god of MY HERD DID THIS!? " The words were choked and strangled by her throat. They ripped and roared with anger and disbelief through the tears falling from her eyes."How could this happen? I did not even get to say goodbye; I couldn't even tell them I loved them one last time." Shaking her crown in disbelief she didn't know what to do, or what to say. There was nothing she could do.  

The silence drug out. Tears fell to the ground below her cream hooves. How could her own goddess do something like this? A sigh left her maw as she tried to collect herself.  The pale gold Specter would be taking this matter up with the Seer of Edge. She needed answers to her questions. Tears left stains across her perfect pelt, and she looked upon her sister. "I will never leave you again Ru. We need to stay together; we are the only family each other has. " With that being said she reached down to take off a glass band around her right leg." I asked one of our glass workers to make this for us. So we can always be together, even when we are apart." It was adorned with intercate leaf like patterns, and the one on her left leg was woven with cherry blossom like flowers. The bracelets were the same in may ways,  but they also had their differences, just like the sisters. Her delicate muzzle reached out to give the bracelet to Hotaru. Raeden had Hotaru, and that is the only person she ever needed in her life ( Besides Tin) . 

OOC:: please only for Hotaru

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Hotaru

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Alice yipped softly and butted her flat head against the small space between the cerndyr's antlers, keeping quiet to allow the sisters their reunion. Hotaru had lost so many friends, so many foals and family members - Alice could not take this time from her, not when it was so rare. So scarce but so precious. So she and Tin retreated to the edge of the cavern, and Alice's hell black eyes averted from her bonded, giving privacy that never really existed with intertwined souls. But she could present a facsimile of it, at least, for Hotaru's sake. 

As everything spilled out, Hotaru felt a weight lift from her rosen shoulders - whether or not Raeden understood didn't matter, because she finally had someone to say it too. Someone to share the burden with. And...it felt amazing. Because this was her sister, someone she had once despised, someone she had thought lost to the wilds or worse - to death, like their parents. Hotaru never thought she'd get this again, this sisterly closeness she'd been missing for most of her life. They had both grown up...Raeden was no longer the prim princess bully that she'd been when they were younger, when Hotaru was weak and cowardly and cried as easily as the rains fell from the heavens. Hotaru had a sister, someone to share these moments of weakness with. Someone who may judge her in private, but would keep her confidence eternally. It was...well, Hotaru didn't really have fitting words for the feelings that realization managed to illicit in her tired heart. 

So even when Raeden tried to brush it away and comfort her, Hotaru still laughed, even if it hurt the raw edges in her soul a little. "I know. Trust me Raeden, I do, I have twisted them around my ankles just like you and mom used to. But..." her smiling face fell, and her eyes went dark with haunted ghosts that would never leave her alone these days. "Somehow, they managed to make me feel something real for them. Rae, I...I really love them. Both of them. And having someone you love that much leave you like it's nothing? I sit in here at night and I wonder why I wasn't enough to make them stay. Why they would tell me they love me only to disappear like I never meant anything in the first place." Pale frosted locks fell across her eyes, blank stare angled at her sister's hooves. 

"This emptiness where I used to carry their hearts hurts worse than any wound my body could bear. I thought myself invincible to everything this life could rain upon me, but it was love that brought me low. How shameful." And her mismatched eyes clench against the reality of her weakness, the way her heart still beats for Ashamin and Thranduli even as she begs for a new purpose in life. Hung up on them as surely as a noose around the neck, for how it makes her feel. 

But her sister has a son, and that is more important now. Hotaru has a nephew. And her eyes light up and she moves forward with a joyous laugh to bump noses with her sister. "You didn't tell me you had a son! Raeden! You must introduce us!" Raeden had already met Ru'in and Romina, but Hotaru didn't have the courage to tell her older twin that she'd had two other daughters - daughters lost to the world, one nearly lost to death were it not for her birthright of immortality. And wasn't that worse? To know her lost daughter was not lost to death, but that she'd simply left and never returned, because her immortality did not grant her that sort of excuse. 

The conversation took so many emotional turns Hotaru's head was spinning as her shoulders sagged once more in defeat. "Our numbers are dwindling. No matter what Deimos and I do, they are complacent, lazy. Invasion is inevitable at this rate. Take comfort in your herd's stability, Raeden; it may even be them who move against us. It is the weak deer that is hunted by the pack." Alice growled softly in the corner, vowing that she and Hotaru would never relinquish the Basin or the crown without giving their all in return. Perhaps even their lives. And while Hotaru would never have confessed such things to her sister - a sneak of another stronger herd - she was the Valkyrie's twin. She had to trust that what was said in this cavern did not leave it. 

And the news only continued into further depths of hell. Their parents' murder, Hotaru's unwitting hand in the process. Not that she could ever confess such sins to her twin, the only living family she had left. 

But she could comfort her elder sister. That, at least, was something the Valkyrie had power over. 

She stepped forth and wrapped her neck around her sister's withers, pulling her close until their heartbeats were pressed against one another. They may not be here, but I am. I am alive, and you have me. Things she couldn't say but hoped Raeden would understand. "I'm so sorry Rae," her own choked voice croaked, tears she hadn't shed in years forming once more in her vision. Hotaru would never let them fall, but they stung her eyes all the same. 

They stood pressed together for many, many long moments, until Raeden's composure returned to her and Hotaru tentatively retreated, wishing she had the power to take Raeden's grief away. To do something more. But this was Raeden's move now, and the Valkyrie stared incomprehensibly down at the glass bracelet offered to her, the tears returning with a vengeance. She lifted her leg to allow Raeden to press it on, and the tears dripped silently down her face. 

"Thank you Rae," she whispered unsteadily, lifting her eyes to her sister's pale gems. "I'll wear it always, so that we may be connected no matter how far we roam." And if the Gods did take them, the world would know their love for one another, symbolized by the bands around their arms. 

So sad ;-; @Raeden stupid tag
Image Credit

@Raeden
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!