the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guess Who's Back

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah

Ming Yue had made it back in Helovia. Eventually. During her explorations she had stupidly gotten lost, thw Riftian still not knowing her way around Helovia and awkwardly finding herself far away from the lands. It had taken her moons to get back.

The azure hued fae wandered back through more familiar territory, her daggers crossing through the violet thistle and the soft long blades of grass. It had felt so long ago that she had been here, and a cool sigh of relief hit her as she was adjusting her pools to the beautiful darkness of the night's sky, the moon glowing down and casting a reflective glow on her glass horns. There hadn't been much thought about returning to the Basin after so long, she still felt so isolated from all the creatures there that nobody would have missed her, plus her lack of duties meant that she was a nobody. Yet even the thoughts of her herd were not going to make her feel guilt. She just wanted company tonight, a familiar creature that she could throw her concentration on. Perhaps even find out what she had missed on her adventure.
" . "

@Rikyn <33

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

The night sky was open overhead, only the faintest wisps of clouds trailing like smoke curls over the rich, black blue face of heaven; through their transparent bodies, the star’s white light pierces, sometimes as individual, bright beacons, and in other places, clustered and seemingly bound together by each other’s shimmering auras.

Laying in the dry grasses of the meadow in a rare moment of still peace, Duir is nestled alongside me, our gold embellished faces turned up towards the night sky.

Some not white, he says of the stars; he’s right. Some of them are yellow, or red, like rubies. Others are more subtle, rippling in faint blues and pale gold. It’s interesting to me, how the colors are all so different, yet similar; I’d even asked mother once why they weren’t the same, but she hadn’t known. Maybe she actually had, but I think she had foreseen the question for what it truly was: a means to justify the love I felt in my heart for my adopted sister, and the ease with which I found I could befriend those who were, according to all I was being taught, despicable.

You know why? reiterates my buck, wondering if the flashing images of the mountain vale, my mother, and the pale, gold and ash marked maiden in my thoughts have anything to do with the colors of the stars.

"Perhaps the Time God knows," I tell him, answering both his question, and the one within my heart; I also avoid the much loathed statement “I don’t know,” in the process.

He does, answers the sometimes eerily vague cerndyr, earning my gaze back from the Moon’s twinkling comrades, as his peculiar statements often do. How the hell does he know what the Gods know, if that’s even what he means at all? I mean, he barely knows what he wants to eat for breakfast most mornings.

I don’t have time to ask him what he means, though, as I usually do; entirely distracting, the wind rustles through the meadow, carrying with it a familiar perfume, mere seconds ahead of the chocolate and azure apparition herself. I’d know her anywhere, even without the tell-tale trail of water wriggling along behind her. Nudging Duir with my nose as I get up, he follows me more slowly, with a loathe-to-move stretch, and I trot towards her slowly.

"Good evening, Ming Yue!" I greet, my voice seemingly louder than it is in the almost silent evening; closing the distance between myself and the familiar mare, I offer her a friendly exchange of breath, dark neck arching. Duir slowly arrives alongside me, his sleepy green eyes lighting up with the faint smile of greeting that blooms on his face. Wondering why she's not settled somewhere for the evening (and knowing all too well the things that can go bump in the night out here), I also can't help but notice how very pretty she is, like always. "The night suits you. What brings you south so late?"

Art by Esa82@DA

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Outcast
Danjah

As she took in the cold winds that sent cool shivers down her spine, she felt the wind bring down a scent that she was all too familiar with - Rikyn. And then he spoke to her, his voice high in greeting and it sang to her like a tune she wished to hear forever. She turned her neck to reveal her beautiful cranium at the darkened brute, her glass horns glinting underneath the moon as the happiness that was spreading within her bodice eminated from her sparkling pools. With a deep and genuine smile, Ming Yue felt herself pulled closer to him, as his companion, Duir, paced behind him slowly. Ming had never really thought much on the bonded, as they had never really had that much of a connection, but she turned her flicker of a smile towards him too for a moment in the hope of giving him something to approve with. A companion seems like such work, she thought mindlessly.

Before she spoke, however, Rikyn gave voice to words once more, asking why she was down south and at such a time. She tilted her cranium to get one last good look at the incredible horned creature before she replied, drinking in his scent and his handsome skull. His golden marks were so prominent in the moonlight, especially against that mudded exterior. With a small breath she spoke, her tone dripping in sweetness,
Rikyn, it is a good evening now you are here, it has been too long since we last saw each other," she hesitated before continuing to answer his question, "In all honestly I had become lost on my adventures, I've only just managed to find my way back to Helovia," home was not a word she was able to say just yet, for she had many reasons why she was unable to call the Basin her home, "it's very stupid really!" But in an effort to move away from what she had been up to whilst the Riftian had found herself in the surrounding wilderness, the azure and mudded fae put the attention on Rikyn instead, wanting to know everything about the only brute that seemed to matter. In fact, Ming felt that perhaps he was the only creature to ever matter in Helovia, to her. With a small wait in order for him to reply, she continued, "Pray tell me, Rikyn, what have you been doing with yourself since last we saw of each other?"

"."

@Rikyn I'm so sorry it's taken so long :c

Greeting her cheerfully, mostly because she seems rather happy to see me, too, my buck seems to gain from the momentum of my spirit; rousing more and more as the time passes, he eagerly watches the conversation between the two of us, glad to see me actually getting along with someone for once. That Ming Yue has, not once, threatened him, or his safety, as had Mordecai, makes him like her all the more.

She tells me of her adventures, which lured her away. I can understand that reality all too well, having done so myself a time or two. Sure, I had been tailing my mother for the first adventure (which I’d then gotten lost on), and the second time, accompanying her (not lost at all, except within my heart), but the end result was still the same; many months of time, spanning between those I loved in Helovia, and myself. I took that time for granted all too often, finding relationships that had been close, and seemingly inseparable, distant or broken upon my return to them.

I blamed it on others not understanding me, or the way my heart was always wandering, my hooves trailing after it. Perhaps, in some ways, it was their fault for not caring to love me for who I am; in other ways, I lacked the true ambition to be a good friend, rather than a fleeting one.

"I’ve been lost before too," I say with a smile, "perhaps it’s not as stupid as you think. Regardless, I am glad you have found your way back."

When she inquires about my life, I can’t help but feel my smile grow, my head lifting ever so slightly in pride of self. One of my favorite topics, I find I rarely grow tired of talking about myself, especially to those I seek to impress (like pretty ladies, plated silver along the supple edges of her delicate figure by moonlight).

"The same as usual," I say with a smile, gesturing about us at the Meadow with my horn before returning my gilded gaze to her own, dual embers, "wandering Helovia without much purpose, though I did bond with Duir in the spring. I have otherwise kept busy with training, and have recently begun to work with the Time God to improve my knowledge, and skills. And what of you, and your adventures?"

I ask this with a smile, truly interested to hear of her time away. It really had been too long, as she’d said before.

Art by Esa82@DA

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Outcast
Danjah

Taking her pools away from his companion, Ming Yue then concentrated on Rikyn. He was so young yet she was unable to guess just how young, with his well formed bodice and the maturity that he seemed to embody. It felt strange to have such an intrigue for any creature, especially one that was clearly younger than herself.

The azure and mudded fae had brought them onto the topic of adventures, and kind Rikyn assured her that she had not been stupid to get lost, yet in her own mind she could not but feel that she had been insane to do so. Was it that she was just not at home here?
"You're too kind, my friend. I thank you though, I'm so glad to be back too, especially being able to speak with you!" Ming's velveteens curled into a smile for him, a hesitation before she continued, "Had I not been lost though, I don't think I'd have realised just how much I need a purpose in my life, a new purpose..." Whilst she let it lay quiet over what exactly she meant, the fae really spoke to herself to make her realise that perhaps she didn't need to be in a herd anymore. At least, not the Basin. It wasn't as much home as she had hoped, and the Riftian found this hard to admit to herself.

But as her own mind was meddled with these issues, she caught a glimpse of his handsome smile and in reciprocation she did the same, suddenly feeling a chill whip through her tassles. The cool air was soothing on her heated bodice as his smile hit her. And then Rikyn spoke of his life whilst they had been apart. The way he spoke, however, it sounded as if even Rikyn was no longer a part of the Basin, simply wandering Helovia without a purpose. Feeling curious to what this meant, Ming Yue decided to ask, even though the embarrassment burned her as she did so,
"Think of me as foolish, but does that mean you are not of the Basin any longer? I myself do tend to wander a lot but if I remember right your duties were perhaps taken more seriously than my own," the lady chuckled, her tone cool but her eyes a mixture of humour and embarrassment, "I am intrigued by this work you have with the Time God though, that sounds fascinating! And for me? Well, in all honestly a lot of my adventures were wandering through the wilderness beyond Helovia, I met no one but I think it helped clear my head."

" . "

@Rikyn

As cheerful as Ming Yue seems, something about what she says nags at me. A lacking purpose, maybe, though I also did not have one, and seemed to not require wandering, as she did; perhaps, then, it was a woman’s heart that set her hooves to wandering, or a consequence of who she was. Where I had simply avoided the rigid laws and structures of herds I felt confined within, it was possible that she avoided something else, entirely. Not having a purpose was not as bad as feeling useless, or seeking to escape something within your heart.

There was no place you could run, to escape that thing.

So, perhaps the handsome smile marking my face wearies ever so slightly in the heaviness of my thought, but it still lingers; allowing the conversation to slip into warmer waters, to garner more information about her plight without spoiling the halo of warm greeting that shrouds our words now, the wind striking cool in contrast.

Her flourish of words returns the smile, mostly because I won’t let myself feel that old, hurt of homesickness anymore. I am rogue! A wild boy! I do as I please, and take what I desire.

Get beat up for it a lot too, Duir remarks.

"I am not," I answer her, trying to shrug off smirking Duir’s comment (though I would really like to chase him across the Meadow, horn first), "I grew tired of being at the beck and call of the Generals. There has been a bit more strife out here in the wild, but I believe I have done well enough for myself. There’s also not a single soul to tell me where to be or when, and that’s worth any amount of struggle, if you ask me."

In so far as the work with the Time God, well… it was fascinating, enough, but mostly for Duir, considering the nature of the task I’d been given. I also wasn’t about to tell her I’d been admonished for being delinquently late in returning to the shrine in the first place. What would she think of me then? Women tended to like those responsible types, after all, and I rather like Ming Yue.

"I have wandered myself," I reply, at first, my smile warm, and my golden eyes lightening with a genuine interest as I ask, "did you perchance come upon a redwood forest, which flickers with thousands of fireflies in the eve? Those you saw there would have called it the Nightwalk. It’s fine if you didn’t, of course. It’s a good many weeks to the east."

Though my gaze is at first warm and eager, it perhaps gains some of the lonesomeness that begins to flood me when I think of all my friends in that distant land. I think of Xynia, and her laughter; I feel her shoulder kiss against mine. In the distance of this memory, Vaelenne’s voice calmly recites age old poems of the First Gods, and their ancestors, and my mother listens.

It would be good to hear of that place, again, even if it mostly just hurts to think of it, now. Clearing my throat, and redirecting the conversation back to the Time God, I do my best to push the painfully nostalgic memory aside for the present.

"Anyway, the Time God has agreed to help me grow stronger, and more skilled. I, of course, have my own end of the bargain to uphold, but he’s been fair, albeit a bit tough on me, so far," a respectful and almost amused smile crosses my lips, having found that I rather like the crass, powerful being of Time and Spark, and am eager to get to know him further (and maybe even impress him, as I had fighting the Bear God, along the way), "I can only benefit from it, anyway. Maybe they’ll help make the winter be less of a struggle."

Having chosen to leave the Basin the summer of last year, this would be my second one on my own. With Duir this time, and the promise of very little foraging (and likely deep, blustering blizzards), I admit the odds aren’t very good. However, unlike last year, I have a game plan, and at least one friend to share the coming struggle with.

Art by Esa82@DA

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots