the Rift

Change of Pace (Scree)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

The light grey stallion walked across the muddy landscape. Ugh, why am I here again? he thought. He hated being near the mud, but since it was Frostfall the ground was almost solid and covered in snow, so he didn’t mind it as much. He knew why he was here. He wanted to explore all of Helovia’s regions so he could get a better picture of what it looked like. He knew the Edge well, at least the upper portions, and he wanted to know what else he had been missing. Everything had happened so quickly, he almost felt overwhelmed by it. Just getting used to the Edge and then being thrown out like common trash shook him to his core, and he would not let it go. He stumbled through a sketch of land that wasn’t so solid, getting mud-ridden snow on his back legs. He sighed in disgust, and when to the nearest unfrozen pool of water to wash off. It was freezing cold, but he didn’t want the mud on him. Because it’s a bitch to get off when it’s dry. He washed around thoroughly, hoping it would come off and that he wouldn't get other mud from the bottom of the pool on him as well. He thought about taking a swim, but he didn’t feel like becoming an ice cube.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Scree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Scree
"can't read my, can't read my no he can't read my poker face"

Winter.

Winter was stupid. The mare's angry thoughts revolved around winter and some curse words pretty commonly. She had left the Foothills, for god knows WHY, only to find herself bogged down in snow and mud in some god-forsaken, abandoned marsh. She wasn't even sure if there was another living creature around her miles, and certainly any she encountered would be useless to her, as ALL the horses she had encountered (with perhaps, the sole exception of Ricochet) had been.

Oh, but look. A white and red creature was just ahead, and he appeared to be enjoying the mud about as much as she was. Trudging through the disgusting mire, the mare approached him, slowly. He appeared to be cleansing himself, perhaps a good idea as when the mud hardened and then perhaps froze her feet would be heavy. Ah well, she hated icy water as well and dreaded the idea of submerging her hooves into it.

"Wonderful weather we're having." The mare's tone was sarcastic, but in a manner that suggested pleasant conversation was a possibility. She longed for companions with some intellectual capacity, though the horned stag could potentially prove lacking in that department. She had found that, in general, stags were fairly useless at thinking about anything beyond pleasurable encounters. She was not opposed, of course, to that sort of thing, but it was not so difficult to think of other things, not for her anyway.

Hidden Account
teeroo

“Wonderful weather we’re having.” Valentine looked up to see a black mare standing a few feet away from him. She was almost making the same face he was, the look of disgust. He shook himself out a bit, and slowly climbed out of the pool.
“Yes it is, just the kind of weather that’s my favorite. Well, except for the mud of course.” He had a slight sarcastic tone to his voice as well.
“So stranger, may I ask your name?” He spoke in a friendly tone. He didn’t know where he loyalties lie, and he didn’t want to start trouble with random others before he got to make an educated judgment. Maybe I’m not cut out for this racist thing. He shook himself, clearing his mind and waiting for the mare’s response.
Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Unregistered

Scree
"can't read my, can't read my no he can't read my poker face"

"Yes, yes, isn't the weather beautiful. I am terribly fond of winter." The mare rolled her eyes. She hadn't met unicorns before, just equines and so she was curious about the stallion before her. In the Foothills, she knew some unicorns lived, but she had only ever encountered Ricochet and was uncertain as to whether or not she liked unicorns. None had done her harm yet, and she supposed innocent until proven guilty should suffice here.

"Scree, that's my name." The mare gave the red and white stallion a once over, "And yours?" She knew some unicorns had superiority complexes, hopefully this one did not. She did so hate having to chase away potential companions.

Hidden Account
teeroo

“Valentine. Although I was born in this type of weather, it doesn’t make me like it any better.” He snorted, shaking the water droplets out of his tail and making his way on the shore. He did a quick once over. No mud. Better be no freakin’ mud. He turned back to her. “It’s nice to meet another, especially in a dreary place like this.” He looked around at the snow clearing to the trees and plants. The place felt dead, and smelled like it too. “Please don’t tell me this is where you’re normally from?” He would not wish someone to live here, and his most hated enemy. Actually, scratch that, if he ever had someone that had pissed him off that much, then yes he would. He hoped that no one would ever make him that mad, because their world would surely go to hell.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Unregistered
((Too lazy for my table))

"No," the mare smiled, "I don't think anything could make the cold more enjoyable. I hope spring comes sooner rather than later." The mare sighed, shuffling her hooves. Spring...how she prayed for spring. The stallion double checking himself for mud reminded her of the sludge dried to her feet. It would make the return to the Foothills twice as difficult with heavy feet, but she detested cold water.

"No!" she exclaimed, good naturedly, "no, I'm from the Foothills, I just decided to go exploring today. Terrible idea, not sure why I did it. Though it's always nice to meet new companions." The stallion seemed kind, at least, he did not seem mean. She liked the small talk they were sharing, it had been awhile since she had encountered someone that she could talk to without any implications and expectations.

Hidden Account
teeroo

The stallion sighed from relieve. She wasn’t part of the Qian or from the Edge, and that made this a whole lot easier. He didn’t want to have to end this conversation early, especially when it was nice to hear that someone was from the Foothills, which he had not yet been there or heard about. He had no interest of hearing about the Dragon’s Throat, even if Montague lived there. He did not consider him a traitor, as least yet. He would talk to him and see how that would play out. He hoped he could make him see the light, without causing too much trouble.
“I agree with you my dear,” he responded. “Shall we distance further to find some sort of shelter where we may talk? I would like to know about this place where you live, for I have never been there before.” He wandered off of the shore as he talked and more into the snow. He wasn’t completely turned away from her, but enough to show he was headed in another direction, which led away from the place they were in.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Unregistered
((I am SO sorry for the delay! I've been busy and hectic and haven't been on here in forever. My apologies))

"Indeed, indeed. I have not lived there long, but from what I know it is a peaceable place. A place where all can live without fear of persecution. I am uncertain as to how the leading body is run, for it is all very complex, but it is a nice place, a gentle place. I enjoy it." The mare paused a moment. As he turned away, to lead them to some shelter she followed, walking just behind him so that he could lead the way. She would not fall completely behind as she desired to continue their conversation.

"There are three leaders, from what I can understand, each placed at the helm of one of the aspects of government. One, a diplomat, one a warlord, and one an overseer." The dark mare frowned, "I don't know how effective it is. The place from where I come has distinguished leaders, them that they hold above all others. Leadership is not shared or distributed or even delegated. There is one stallion in charge, a mare at his side to produce his heirs, and beneath him are the warriors and spies."

Hidden Account
teeroo

He felt the mare behind him, and he started to walk. He listened as she talked about the Foothills. It was a very interesting place indeed. Perhaps he would go there himself sometime. But enough of that for the moment. He looked about and found a little hallow, and there looked to be enough room for the two of them, so he lead them towards it. He stopped and turned his head towards her.
“The does indeed seem like an interesting place. However, the politics do seem a bit shaky to me, and that can always be a problem, if it doesn’t get sorted out quick enough. Ladies first.” He moved his head towards the large hallow. Since he was a male, he wanted her to be as warm as possible.

(Sorry it’s short, little muse, and your fine, I’ve been the same way, no worries :) )

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting