the Rift

The missing pieces [STEALTH RANK]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

- I O N A -

Iona hadn’t slept much after the meeting that the Elephant King and her sister had called.  The fact that there were herd members disappearing from under her very nose was enough to turn the blood in her veins to fire.  She’d spent the night endlessly pacing the spots she knew to be vulnerable in the border - an advantage to having memorized every inch of the Edge from above.  However the night had revealed no evidence and when morning crept over the horizon the darkness clung to its secrets as it faded away into the morning’s shadows. 

The painted woman loathed the feeling of helplessness that had settled in her very bones.  In her mind, there were too many gone for it to be mere coincidence, though she knew better than to assume.  But what she did know is that their knowledge about the whereabouts - and the groups she suspected in the disappearances - were lacking. That, in her mind, was unacceptable.  She would not fail her herd a second time and allow a lapse in information to lead to the disappearance in any more of her herdmates.  

It didn’t take long for her to make up her mind about what was to be done. She was responsible for maintaining safety in the shadows.  That’s what they would do.  The Edge required knowledge of the groups that remained cloaked in shadow, and they needed to flush their missing members from the darkness back to the light. Who better to do that then the spies? Who was better equipped for the this task than the sneaks?

The pegasus re-adjusted her wings at her side.  Since she had not slept, she paced the Edge until it was a socially appropriate hour to call the rank to meet. She had an assumption that none would be motivated to be given a task in the grey hours before dawn.  But the sun had risen above the face of the cliff and was already burning away the early morning mist.  

So in the still morning air, Iona called out for the Sleuths.  

---

Iona waited as patiently as was possible as they came, nodding as they did, before speaking with little fanfare. “As some of you may know, some members of the herd have gone missing. Mauja. Tembovu’s son, Kianzo. Arah. A roan filly reported her mother missing as well, but I’ve yet to confirm the mare’s identity. One search party has already left. With the outcast groups growing bold in their attempts at thievery, it’s not unreasonable to suspect them but I have absolutely no evidence they were involved. That’s our task. We need to obtain more information on these outcast groups while doing our best to locate the missing. That now falls to you. Learn about these groups and track down any leads about our missing members. Bring home any information you think may be useful.”  Iona fell silent then, her green gaze flicking between those who had come. 

“And remember. The rank of Scout is still open,” she added, as an afterthought, but hoping it would provide some degree of motivation. 

“Does anyone have a preference for a land or a region they’d like to patrol, or any questions in general?”

image credit

OOC: SLEUTH TASK! Patrol a land of your choice looking for information regarding the missing Edge members and the Outcast groups! Please post the land you’ve selected at the bottom of your post so we don’t all end up in the same land.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Velveteen lips curled over the lion mans pinprick wolf-shaped inisors as he awoke, stretching his mouth wide in a yawn. There was a call among the trees, that had been the noise that had caused him to stir. Collecting himself after a few moments of pulling his limbs and stretching his flaxen bodice out, the pale man finally stood and weerily glanced at his surroundings. Ah, The Edge.
He was still getting used to waking up in Helovia but it wasn't a disappointment, not at all. There was a comfort here not achievable anywhere else thus far; he felt protected. It wasn't as if he could ever be free of looking over his back once a minute though.

And so the perlino heeded the call of his superior; he understood that it could of belonged to Iona, Readen or even the Queen herself. While he had not met any of these fascinating women, he had heard their names uttered about his mist strangled home numerous time, and how could he not know the names of his commanders?

You might assume that the tired vampire would rather not receive direction or orders, but Toulouse was actually rather excited to be given something to do. While he still had so much exploring left to do, an actual task to occupy his rolling brain would do him wonders.
Now approaching the area from whence the voice had come, the geldings curled ears remained pricked for clues on the whereabouts of the woman and soon the figure of a pegasus was presented to him.
The only question was however was which of the ladies in question was she.

Those bushy caramel curls fell over his face and he gently shook them away, noticing he was the first to arrive and there was no one else to start a conversation nor diffuse the tension, so it was the golden man who spoke up.
"Good Morning my lady, I am Toulouse. New to these ranks and this land entirely"
He bowed his head as he spoke, unsure how else to greet this woman of superior rank. The vampire let his mouth hang agape for a moment, his tongue flicking over the tips of his long, sharp incisors before he quickly shut his chops and turned his nose to the others approaching.

lunarblues

loooloo will check out the thistle meadows!!
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD