the Rift

☠ when i'm walking a dark road

Cathleen Posts: 3
Unclaimed
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: 5
kite
forgive the half-finished manip i'm working on it /cry
I JUST WANT TO RP

Dawn bloomed on the horizon like the smeared rouge on a harlot’s lips – swollen with kisses, the sanguine borders bruising the flesh, painted untidily by lust. The tenebrous wisps of nightfall that still doggedly adhered to the topography unified with the shadows, crooked caricatures of trees spangling the anhydrous grasses, fabricating ghosts out of the languid sway of groaning timber and hirsute pine. Upon the tips of arid vegetation, the vestiges of the moon’s gelid breath hugged the porous leaves, nurturing a cloak of reflective crystals which greedily snatched at the ascension of daybreak and pitched pillars of illumination in a vivid patchwork of kaleidoscopic webbing. The cockscomb of frost on the apices of each spindly thread of verdure echoed with a decisively cacophonous crunch under each reticent footfall – though the weather-beaten and discolored satchel of cloth which she towed along by the possessive clench of her teeth practically sung out in a chorus of strident suspicion. It left a rather comical imprint behind, however; depressions of dainty hooves, demurely placed, with a rotund, nearly body-shaped drag mark sidewinding betwixt them. It may leave one to ponder – what is this creature?!

Clouds began to collect upon the horizon – a shoreline of springtime hues darkening with a pregnant sluggishness, as though the nebular deities were purposefully painting an impression of foreboding. A brutish wind brazenly licked across the supple plains of her features, vaporous fingernails tangling in the unfastened whorls of her pearlescent mane – tendrils whipping across her pallid gaze – and the variegated pigments of an elongated tail, wrapped fitly in ribbon. Moisture pervaded her nostrils, the crispness of the breeze burning the vacuous, salved pockets of her lungs, persuading her to evadingly tuck her chin into the flexure of an oscine neck. The sharp motion – coupled with the startling chill – reflexively made her gasp, her teeth unhinging from the disentangling fabric of her makeshift rucksack (and as though the wind were sentient) it opportunistically plunged into the fresh aperture, ripping the bag open and spilling out its contents onto the ground. A collage of the deceased scattered across the greensward, and she snapped her incisors together with dismay, her façade of stoicism momentarily dismantled with furrowed brows and a worried frown.

Papa!

His skinned skull lay on its side, jaw slacked with disappointment. “Oh, this will not do,” she murmured, starting to hurriedly seek and collect every precious piece of her beloved cadavers. It was clear a storm was approaching – how would her father feel if he were caught in the rain!

table © kite

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
We set fire to our homes,
Walking barefoot in the snow
“Hold as many as you can” Sacre instructed his two fox companions, who sat on his back with their tails curled around hordes of acorns that the red-stained boy added to as he picked them up one by one. The Oaks in the forest apparently didn’t only drop their leaves during Orangemoon. With winter approaching soon Sacre thought it wise to find some extra food now, though what he could find on his own was small and wouldn’t feed the entire herd. Yet, if he could help the younger populace, like this years foals, then his picking won’t have been for nought. He only stopped his search when sunset signalled the appearance of the moon and Sacre smiled to the Goddess above before continuing on through the forest. Perhaps it was time to find shelter, guided by the light of his patron and his half brother’s mother, but he lingered thinking about another brother. Still, he had seen no sign of Roux and with each day that passed another piece of Sacre’s heart chipped away. His arrow had not glowed, he could not be in danger, but still it hurt not to see his familiar crimson face. They had been together for so much of their childhood it seemed wrong to be separated in adulthood, but perhaps Roux was somewhere else, doing something important and the fox-boy shouldn’t be worrying so much. Of course, he worried anyway.

The crunching autumnal sound of lifeless leaves being crushed beneath his cloven hooves was the only sound he made as he travelled, his two vulpine companions too intent on guarding their stashes of acorns to do any frolicking around the blazing dead forest. Though their beady eyes watched for the shadows that moved and stranger scents that might (and often did) fill the air of the Threshold—Helovia’s claiming grounds. So, in the beginning light of dawn, the sudden sound of scattering bones didn’t go unnoticed on the ears of two keen foxes, who spun their heads in the direction of the noise, their fur standing on end in surprise.

Left” they both echoed into his head and Sacre altered his course, following the direction of the noise until he came across a mare… Collecting bits of bone.

A shiver went though his body as he watched her collect each piece made creepier by the dewy lighting of sunrise against the woodland and the approaching weather in the distance. For a moment, the fox-boy was caught in a rare moment of speechlessness as he wondered if he should really intrude on her or just leave her to collect her bones. He wasn’t sure if he really wanted to know what she was doing with them, but then again perhaps he did. Anyway, didn’t he always try to greet newcomers in the gateway to Helovia? Why should this mare be any different? Swallowing, he moved himself forwards at a walk before stopping at what he thought was a rather respectful distance away, his head cocked to one side allowing his tangled black mane to fall messily onto his face.

“What are you doing?” he asked the paint finally.
Image Credits

Would you like to be tagged in future? @Cathleen

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Unclaimed
kite
The rosy pinks of dawn that sieved through the dense webbing of the canopy began to ooze in scarlet hues, aggrandized by the furrowed brows of the impending storm that seemed to growl in omniscient discontent. The kindling, vermilion embers radiated through the deciduous shrubberies; each rich tentacle of color casting gory depictions of fervid bloodletting and alighting the forest with a harrowing ambience. Even the disappointment soured in the slacking jaw of her father was contorted, suddenly twisting upward in a ruddy smile of debauched enlightenment as shadows pirouetted across the pallid plains of bones long since sun-bleached and picked clean by the various insects. The bouquet of pliable whiskers which protruded from the silken roseate of her prehensile lips twitched as they brushed against the porous surfaces of variegated carrion debris, her mouth gingerly clutching them with the deliberate gentleness one might apply to a newborn. Each piece was precious – a parcel of a spiritual encounter, a once hallowed vessel for a conscious essence, which she was entrusted to protect. A symbol of a past life, not forgotten.

“Alright, one more,” she murmured with a dulcet tone, which was swallowed hungrily by the deepening hiss of the breeze, once polite, now threatening to whip into a thunderous, vicious gale. The last piece to be amassed in her compendium of disassembled carcasses was His skull, though as she turned, content in the thought of completing her laborious gathering, she was startled by a sudden amass of shadow. Though this was not a simple motif of collective umbrage cast by terrestrial forestry – this amalgamation of tarmac and slick oil pulsated with the concavity of complex muscle and virility, life exhaling out of his broadening nostrils in smoky curls of breath that crystallized in the wakening chill of the torrential weather. She is stone – an effigy of caution – though the slenderness of her sides undulates with quickening, panicked breath. A pale gaze sweeps with exasperation across his features – across that devilish protuberance jutting from betwixt carved brows! “Demon!” She barks out, usually honeyed tones venomous with a defensive snap of gritting teeth.

In her religious vexation she might have mistaken those foxes for demonic wings; and in truth, she did.

table © kite

@Sacre yes, please tag me! and i'll do the same for you. c: <3

The wind howled, soon the storm would arrive, but at least there was some shelter in the forests of the Threshold. Better to be here than out in the open where one might be an easier target for a stray bolt of lightening. Inari and Ríona clutched tighter onto their piles of acorns, a precious cargo bound for the edge of the world, so the youngest of them might find the winter easier and less laborious. Yet, Sacre was less interested in the brewing concoction of wind, rain and thunder in the distance and rather his eyes, like lapis lazuli, were more bound to the mare bone picking without a care. She had a skull tied into her forelock like this was some strange hobby of hers. Perhaps it was. He couldn’t see any repulsion in her as she plucked up a stray bone and, in fact, the only repulsion she appeared to show is for himself? Sacre? The fox-boy?

At first, with panic carving into his expression, he is frantically confused at her sudden bark from nowhere and he casts his head about in fear, not trusting Helovia to be truly demon free. Where? his voice dropped in dread and horror crept up onto his face. Not that he’d ever seen a demon before, or if he had he didn’t know about it, but he danced around agitated anyway. Where was it? He couldn’t see a demon anywhere? Turning back to the painted bone collector he suddenly realised that it was him she was gritting her teeth at and it was he, the whimsical Nurse, who was the ‘demon’ here.

Me? he exclaimed incredulously and his eyes seemed to grow even wider.

How could she think he was a demon? Was it his markings? Sometimes, in the past, Sacre had come across the odd one or two who had thought badly of him because of the red stain that splattered his side. Luckily, that was only a marking, a stain where on his father there had been a series of moons—if anything it was a symbol of his father’s rage. 

Yet, never before had anyone thought him a demon.

“I’m not a demon” he denied in dismay, it wasn’t like he was an angel, but he wasn’t a demon either. “What makes you think I’m a demon?” he asked, finding it rather ironic suddenly that the mare who was picking up bones of the dead thought he was the devilish being here.
Image Credits

@Cathleen

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Unclaimed
kite
“Don’t you dare deny it!” She spat, an upper lip curling to expose the flattened enamels of a stereotypical, somewhat innocuous grazer, yet she bore them with the same predatory indignation as an avid wolf, the plentiful peltry of its nape curled upward upon gyratory shoulder-blades and a tail twisting with calculated restlessness. This malignant manifestation which writhed before her in practiced theatrics could not dissuade her incredulity – he displayed the obvious expertise of a master thespian (his expressions painted with exceptional volumes of inventive authenticity) though she would expect no less from an antediluvian child of a stygian wasteland wrought in the depraved conflagrations of hellfire and iniquitous decadence. Even in the strangulating tars of his polished pelage his immoralities tarnished those caliginous fibers like the chronology of a murderous poet; rubescent ink splashed upon marbled obliques and meandering over the stony apex of his hip as though he had bathed in the extinguishing laceration of a hapless victim. Though that scarlet did not only stain his flank like some immoral testimony: that horn.

Her imagination whisked her away for a moment, transient sightlessness seizing her pallid lenses as they glazed over with a repugnant illusion of impalement and steaming viscera; her own demise beheld in a nauseatingly sluggish narration, the vestal threads of her expression pinching swiftly in a noticeable flinch as she watched those frightful vortices puncture and gouge her like a flailing trout. It was no doubt that whetted rapier in which he employed to slay his prey – why, it had been used so much, it had been discolored perpetually red! A purely vulturine, thoughtless executioner – that’s what he was! She knew she had to vanquish this evil, snuff out this devilish maestro of misfortune before he could supplement another notch to his proverbial bedpost of postmortem –

– though admittedly, she found herself unable to recall a single incantation in her shock.

She could feel the endogenous pound of her veins, the auroral flesh of an oscine throat palpitating with the rhythmic tumult of her heart which assuredly threatened to vacate the imprisonment of her avian bones. “I suppose I shall submit to death, then,” she whispers, words as velvet as frangible petals slipping like gossamer over a tongue flecking gently against slackened teeth, “though I would like to request a swift death.” It is a simple request – one made as she placed a hoof gingerly in front of her, which followed another just as wraith-like and demure, until the distance betwixt their contrasting bodies was but a sliver of a memory. Her gaze travelled upward – a curtain of stiletto-black lashes, alike a dense canopy – dressing their margins, as she unabashedly confronted those cerulean hues, which admittedly reminded her of a briny, unruly sea. It momentarily brushed against the broadness of his shoulders, peering beyond to behold the fetchingly cute vulpine that roosted upon his backside. “Poor creatures, to be enslaved by such a brutish thing.” She frowned, ambrosial lips tugging downward, disheartened.

table © kite

\ouo/ woot, starting to get the hang of rp again, lookit me goooo lmfao
@Sacre

Layers of confusion upon anger upon dismay froze the fox-boy into complete shock. She wasn’t even joking? Deny it? Why was she asking such mystifying questions in the first place? Yet, in the seconds that passed he watched her stance evolve in ferocity and he stumbled back; frightened. Bright, blue eyes were still as wide as saucepans, a red ear was flicked backwards and the other forward as he tried to figure out what he should do now. What could he do? She believed him to be a demon on all counts and all he could do was deny it, hoping she would believe him. It wasn’t like he could rip open his chest and tear out his beating heart, the very same organ his accuser had, to prove his innocence of being a hellion of Lucifer. He couldn’t pluck his soul from the very essence of his being and lay it before her, naked, to be judged. The fox-boy would have to dare to deny it and deny it again until the strange impasse they had reached came to a climax. Though he hoped she might see sense, that he was just a horse and the devil she spoke of didn’t exist. That perhaps everything might calm down and he might know who she was, why she thought  him a devil and if she needed help traversing across Helovia.

“I am no demon, I swear” he pleaded again, still not entirely sure what it was about him that made her think in such a scary manner. Yet, when she uttered her last words to him he felt his heart twist in a strange kind of anger, a hurt kind of anger, one that clasped around his throat and robbed him of a quick reply. Death? Enslavement? He cast a gaze to the foxes upon his rump only to see their disturbed beady eyes burning into the mare and the tense way they still guarded their hoarded treasure of acorns. “Stupid” uttered Inari as Ríona echoed “not a brute” spitting it into Sacre’s mind and he grimaced at his situation.

Encompassed by anger and sorrow, his expression grew steely as he returned to regard the mare who threw such lies at him before preparing herself for a death that would not come—not from him.

“I will not kill you. I will never kill you” his teeth grit and his body was tense as he tried to control the emotions this stranger had set upon him… Even if he did want to kill her, was she really so content with just dying. Why did she offer her precious life so easily to him? “They are not enslaved, they are my friends, they have names and we live together” he explained more, maybe she had never heard of a bonded creature, not many did who entered Helovia for the first time, but to think he would enslave them?! He swallowed—it was just a misunderstanding, right?

He stood rigidly still as she travelled forwards, allowing her to come towards him, hoping that a closer inspection might reveal how normal he was and how delightfully demon-free he felt.

“I came to see if you needed help, a home or a herd to live in” the fox-boy turned on his own offensive, hoping that revealing his true intentions for coming here before her would convince her that he was no demon and was, in fact, offering an extension of friendship. “I mean you no harm, I promise—“ he pleaded with every promise he made “I am a healer of the Worlds Edge, my name is Sacre and I am no demon he stressed.

Lastly, his brows were furrowed as he gazed at the painted bone collector in deep confusion, “you accuse me without knowing me, why? Why do I anger you?” he asked, his voice growing softer in hope of an answer.
Image Credits

@Cathleen ack sorry for the wait, mid-week is always busy :T 
haha she's making one hell of an entrance ;D :P poor sacre doesn't even know what to do lmao

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!