Tommen Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 6 yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
*tommen has not yet lost his leg
I'm lost.

He'd come to this enlightening realization that morning, when he'd woken rather early and decided to go for a run. The sky was an odd mixture of greys and pinks, hovering just on the edge of day and night. The air was frigid and piercing, practically biting at the tips of his ears. The natives called this season Orangemoon. At home they'd called it Autumn. Either way, it was cold as fucking hell.

I'm lost, and cold too.
He'd doused himself in water from one of the fall's pools to spring himself into full attention. He'd regretted doing it immediately, as now there was literal frost gathering on the bridge of his nose.

I'm just completely lost.

Standing on a rise overlooking the whispering current of a smaller waterfall, he'd let his mind wander. Looking around at the sleeping herd, at the large variety of bodies curled in rest and awakening, he realized that he envied them. Because they knew who they were. They knew their place was here, in the Falls. He'd chosen to stay and become one of them. So why did he still feel like he didn't have a place in the world?

I'm a lost mess.

He'd seen a god. A literal god had descended upon the herd meeting to speak to the herd. Not only that, the god had appointed a new leader alongside the Czarina he'd initially encountered. This land was controlled by higher powers, and he didn't like it one bit. In his minds eye, he saw Isopia shifting the earth, creating creatures out of rock and stone. And the golden dragon that traveled with her. This land stank of magic. The air was saturated with the unimaginable. It was so different, so new , and he felt so lost.

But he had no intentions of letting that stop him. Whirling away from the crest of the waterfall, he thundered through the small stream that fed it, picking up speed as he went. He turned away from the herdlands, seeking wilder lands, perhaps even the forest where he had initially landed. He pushed himself harder and harder, letting his mind go empty as he focused on the wonderful straining of his muscles.

It had been so long since he'd done this. He'd almost forgotten why he used to wake up earlier then his fellow Guard just to feel the wind in his mane. He had always been swift, and strong; those had always been his defining characteristics. And he felt good. And he forgot, for a moment, that he was lost.

He smiled as he felt his muscles scream in agony, pushing himself until he was galloping as fast as he could. His eyes watered, the frigid air tore at his locks, but he felt truly free. It had been so long since he'd challenged himself like this. Finally, when his breath barely came and he could run no more, he slowed to a rocking canter and turned back towards the lands from where he had come.

Returning to the Falls, he was greeted by a a sight that managed to taken even his breath away. The sun was finally beginning to rise, and the sky was painted with streaks of blood red and striking pink with the ascending orange orb in the center. He felt a smile stretch across his face, watching the light streak across the land and bounce cheerfully in the fall-fed pools. The world was waking up, and he was watching it happen.

I may be lost, but at least I'm lost in a beautiful world. He remarked. The world here is so good. So different from back home. Here the world was so pure, so beautiful. Here, people lived harmoniously, despite the gods that ruled over them. Every part of this land spoke to him. He listened. He did not move, nor speak. He simply stood, silver coat blazing like embers in the light of the bright sky.

Because it was for that one moment, standing there beneath the waking world, that the lost man found himself again.

Even for that single second, Tommen finally felt happy.

anyone can come speak to Tommen. He'll probably be less ass-holey cause he's in a good mood right now. he'd better enjoy that run because it might be one of his last ;)

please tag tommen.

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Whenever she is home she always finds a morning or two to steal some solitude and watch the ribbons of sunlight glow upon the serrated horizon. Nowadays she's here on the eastern side She's not one for being alone well, or rather, she doesn't prefer it. Lately though, she has no choice. Her mother is certainly very dead, her brothers might be the same, her father too – not to mention her absent patriarch also happened to be the former Czar of this very soil her caprine hooves are gripping. She was indeed, technically, the Princess of this very land. But aren't real princesses supposed to be involved? In line for some sort of succession, for a throne, for Queenship one day? Macaria has never been that kind of princess. She's been the rather useless ornamental type of princess.

She didn't prefer it anyway and now she's been saved from it. Hear that Mum – I'm nothing at all.

Silently the sun crests eastward and spreads its glowy claw-tips over the first hills to grasp its light. Her rosy lips curl in a sweet smile, it's a broken smile, but still it is something. Her tail swings from left to right, hanging one way and tossing its cloud-white tassel and then switching to the opposite side again. In a trance of sorts she drifts away to dream of times, imaginary times, with her mother. She dreams of times they found special shells and magical plants, times her mother's gray body came between her and sudden death with heroic, loving valor. These mirages in her mind dissolve once she hears the rustling of another.

Oh,” Her skin prickles and sparks crackle across her dapples. A wave of tiny embers fizzle and dance to the ground below before going dead. Her tail raises and straightens, holding its long haired plume to fidget anxiously. “Hello there.” She offers him a shy smile, it's reluctant and childish. He's one of Ktulu's soldiers, she knows this from the meeting and his have something dark in them, she knows this from locking gazes with him even if only for a brief second. “I'm Macaria.” She adjusts her tail a bit, lowering it some and returning her eyes to the sunrise.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Tommen

Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
He lost himself in the dawn. He imagined himself galloping into the sunlight, the hero on some great battlefield as he charged down the enemy. Pictures sprang to his mind, mirroring the battles he had once fought, but they were glorified when he recalled them. He never remembered the blood, or the screams, just the joy of battle and the rush of adrenaline as bodies clashed around him. That was the reason, he thought, that knights never left their post. Because something about a person's mind drove out the negative sides of their lifestyle, the gore and the pain, and left in only the parts that they had loved.

He'd been a hero once. Standing in beneath the red sky, the frigid frost of night caving before the warmth of the rising sun, he could almost seem himself as that youthful knight again, returning from a battle, ready to tell tales that would not be forgotten for the ages. He would prove himself again to this herd, now that he was once again a warrior. He'd-

"Oh," someone spoke behind him. He whirled, not really startled as much as worried that he had done something wrong. Perhaps Isopia was coming to chastise him for his crazed morning run? She seemed like the type. But no, he was greeted by a draft-built unicorn. Ugh, and I was having such a nice morning. though he bemoaned the loss of his nostalgic daydream, he was a part of this herd now. He'd already spoken to a few people; this would only be drop in the ocean.

He cocked his head, not truly attempting to hide the hostility dancing in his golden eyes. The woman was a bit smaller then him, built more like a brute then a lady, and definitively not to his tastes. He did not attempt to hide that either. "Good day." She'd dove directly into introducing herself, which was to his eyes both out of tact and intrusive. Clearly, she had never lived amongst nobles, or she would have known that a good charade often made one more interesting. "Are you now?" He could not help his arrogant smirk. "And how are you doing?" Was he mocking? Just a bit. Maybe teasing was a better word. Whatever the word, he was simply amused by her direct greeting. Most people would have seen that he was lost in his thoughts and would have had simply let him be. Perhaps next time he should find a large banner and paint LEAVE ME ALONE across it in big red letters. Then it might would be more evident.

Still, at least she seemed honest. Day had come, and with it his new life. It was time to embrace it, even if he planned to do it with a pint of cynicism.

@Macaria

please tag tommen.

Outcast
Psilo

When his golden eyes, a burning sulfuric inferno that is drastically different from her own aurelian gaze – when they tweak her way, she shivers. Regret gurgles in her throat like a purr of insecurity, her tail twitching its snow-white end with anxiousness. She wants to slink away, and she is about to, but just before she turns on a feather heel, he speaks. Her lip curls like she smells something rancid.

Ugh, he's an ass.

Her eyes roll dramatically. A normally docile girl flips her switch and her dark ears lay down momentarily. “Well I didn't mean to intruuuude.” Her tone teasing but is literally incapable of baring an aggressive note, she hasn't the voice of a demon and cannot even if she tried. Childishly she is much more hurt by his lack of interest in her visit rather than truly offended by his personality. She shouldn't worry so much about such silly things – there have been many to hate her because of her former position, for her parents, for her brothers. She would venture to assume this stranger's instant contempt might even be for that reason, but she knows she shouldn't even tempt that sort of thought; torture comes in all forms for her.

She turns to leave, but something snags her and she casts her own golden eyes at him, craning over her own back to look at him. Her rosy lips tightening with contemplation. “Have you seen the former Czar around, by any chance? ” She bends an ear to him and buries the other in her black hair, anticipating an answer she may not like.

macaria

Image by Psilo!

Illumia
TOMMEN
there are no men like me
It is as if he struck a match against a stone; fire sparked up instantly in the woman's honey-spun eyes. Her ears pinned back, and she seemed to almost to grow. He watched the reaction with a growing amusement, taking a mildly sadistic pleasure in having awoken the beast in a previously polite lady. Now this is what I call a conversation, he thought gleefully. If she picked a fight with him, he would not object one bit. Stretching his muscles a bit more this day in a meaningless feud would only make for a better morning.

His voice acquired a fervor akin to the woman's own. "Well, if you did not mean to intruuuude, then why did you?" Now he was being an ass. And he was enjoying it immensely. Oh, he had missed this sort of useless banter. He did not have to be rude; any lesser man would apologize for their hostility. But he was no lesser man, and he would not act like one.

"Where I come from, we call that contradictory. Not to mention discourteous." He added. Then, his lips stretched in a faint smile. Seeing that she the unassuming exterior housed a flame made improved his disposition towards the stranger quite a bit. He addressed her following question with a more genuine touch, though he might not have noticed. "I have not seen him." He said with disinterest, looking towards the now-clearing sky. As an afterthought, he added, "Even if I had, I would not have known. I am quite new here." With that reply, he wondered if he would succeed to scare her away; but in his experience every person had an argumentative streak that could be triggered if one just approached them the right way. Tommen had always excelled at that; his love of brawl had taught him how. But she did carry herself with a certain pride, something that carved her thick torso into a mountain of stability that would not budge under his dismissal. That earned his respect; though not much of it.

@Macaria

please tag tommen.

Outcast
Psilo

His cold reaction made her rosy lips twist and purse, her tail flicking anxiously, her muscles tensing in readiness to spin on her feathered heel and walk away. This guy is a total prick. If only one of her brothers was here – they would certainly teach him how to treat their little sister. She straightens herself, but her full height doesn't exceed his, still she feels a touch more confident with a prouder posture.

Ah,” She nods and mocks his smile with a cheesy, forced one of her own. “What a dazzling place you must hail from then.” She rolls those golden eyes and says these few words beneath her soft smoky breath. This tension settles when her question is answered with the same coldness, but a strand or two of something different dancing in his voice.

Is he not real? Is he a trap, or figment? A riddle? She contorts her face a little, involuntarily. It happens when she's trying to solve something with any amount of struggle. You know, thinking. She eyes him suspiciously, but doesn't respond to his declaration of being new. With nothing more to offer and a rather rejected feeling settling in the pit of her gut, she flattens her ears and turns away, walking down the shallow hill toward a brightening horizon and turning into the forest soon after. He's a rather unpleasant entity to be around, so it's going to be much more fun to find someone or something different to occupy her mind.

Guess what? You have shitty luck and you're all alone little Macaria.

Upon moving out of sight and into the shadowed forest where she travels often, she steps off the path, which is also pretty typical of her. Scramble, scramble, THUD. She manages to find an old trap – oh yes, trap – and has fallen into it. Luckily the spears meant to debilitate its victim have rotted long ago. Debris piled over the deep hole, moss growing over it like any other piece of earth... Well, you can easily guess what happens now. She's in a hole. About twelve by twelve feet, but down too deep for her to clamor out, even with those climber's feet.

What the hell.

She digs, snorts, even screams out with a long, reverberating whinny. Dust rises from the depression in the soil and rocks, a few of her calls manage to echo out, but really she is doubtful anyone will come. After a small, frustrated and rather whiny attempt at releasing herself, she retires to her haunches with a sigh. Meh. She tries to think of what she can do, thinking of that time a chestnut stranger she met in the threshold also fell in a hole...His rescue required two other adults. Her hope slowly wanes, but still she looks around for any feeble option at getting out.

(She left him and found a hole in the ground she didn't see and promptly fell into said hole. Feel free to leave her there or laugh at her or whatever you want. Also, others are welcome to come mock/help/watch her struggle. Illumia – sorry for the wait too, so sorry)

macaria

Image by Psilo!