Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

Heaven if you sent us down
So we could build a
playground

you'd be so proud of what we've made

Mom was out, so Iskra was nosing around the desert for some way to kill time and have fun. That's how he found his way to the rather ominous looking arena, which was currently vacant of any fighting partners at the moment. He had watched some before, spars, and he found them rather interesting, if not always the most pleasant. The drive behind the fighters was always something to marvel at, but he couldn't get past the inevitable anguished cries or the blood. Why willingly put yourself through that pain? Or more importantly, why inflict it on another?

Well he knew why in a general sense, it was his mom's job after all. He got it too, he did, but he didn't like it and eventually he'd wonder if everyone just stopped if maybe they'd never need to... but that's not the point. He shakes his head, scattering those thoughts as he wanders through one opening in the steel brambles. He's come, regardless of the bloodshed in this arena, to take a look at the craftsmanship. It was an intimidating ring, but also beautiful, glinting like something deadly in the afternoon sun.

Iskra breathed out, a huff of dust, his head lifted up to peer at the underside of the wrought trees for spectating. He nearly stumbled then, his foot rolling over a partially buried object. "Oomf," he exhaled as he caught himself, baby wings flaring out from his sides. Glancing at the rotund knob sticking out of the dirt, Iskra moved in closer to investigate, bumping the edge of his nose against it. It was hard, but it wasn't a rock. Intrigued, he began to dig around it, using his magic (which he'd been gradually working more and more at), to help move some of the loose sand and wriggle at it too. Eventually it was unearthed enough that the heated air that he directed around it POPed it free. Iskra stumbled back, while the tough, yet light ball went sailing up and tumbled haphazardly across the arena floor. It was a dark brown, nearly red, circular shape like an egg almost. Off one end a frayed string, like mummified vine, stuck out.

Iskra tilted his head, then in a moment of youthful vigor raced forward and aimed to pounce on it. He missed, cuffing the edge, the momentum sending the ball skipping forward where it rolled out the other end of the arena's opening. "Like target practice!" he exclaimed excitedly, ignorant to whatever importance this item had as his warmth surrounded the ball again from afar and tugged it back quickly, a forehoof ready to bat at it and send it skipping back. So maybe he wouldn't be a fighter, but it didn't mean he didn't enjoy testing the limits of his body.
he'd trade his guns for love
I s k r A
but he's caught in the crossfire

In your post please clearly define in an OOC summary:
- What team you're on
- What action you attempted

Once everyone posts once I'm thinking we'll start? This is sort of the discovery of the sport. 72 hour intervals?

@Aelin @Amalrik @Astarot @Bellanaris @Castor @Eleanor @Farah @Gyda @Hollow @Kolr @Merlin @Patrick @Rhun @Tasokh @Tyrath @Valdís @Vastra @Vinati @Verro @Luther @Mathèo
Tagging all foals BECAUSE, but only post if you want to :) if I missed anyone I apologize!

the below rules and stuff have never been put to the test so any feedback on this sport and how it worked is very welcome!

THE RULES
- Playing in the DT arena: The entrance/exits are the goals
"Located in southwestern part of the Throat. A large ring (soccer-field size) made of metal brambles which curve inward and boast blunted tips, a reminder for any competitors to stay inside. At various intervals tall metal trees with wide branches stand amid the brambles, offering perches for pegasus to sit and watch the arena happenings. There are two entrances on the north and south side of the arena, about a horse length in width, to enter/exit through. "

- Thick leather ball with a rope handle on one end, soccer ball sized
- 2-3 players per team, 1 goalie, 1-2 defenders/offenders
- Magic and companions allowed if on equal ground with your opposing team
- 2 rounds, 2 posts by each player in each round (one set of posts termed an interval. 2 intervals in 1 round).
- Teams start near their own goals, ball in the center, sprint for first possession (dice roll to determine who gets ball)
- Teammates work together to put the ball through the opposing team's goal
- Beginning possession will alternate after initial sprint in first round
- 72 limit for intervals, skipped if late, which affects rolls.
- First part of each post for reaction to result, like receiving a passed ball, a stolen ball, etc. second half contains an attempted action. 1 action per post.

ACTIONS
Offense (team in possession)
- carry: the ball stays in your possession
- pass: pass the ball to a teammate
- shoot: attempt on goal
Defense
- steal: attempt to take ball from player in possession
- defend: positioning yourself to guard player not in possession
- block: block an attempt on goal

Each offensive action has a defensive action that may be made by other players
Carry :: Steal
Pass :: Defend
Shoot :: Block

PENALTIES Taken as a free shot from the 1/2 line
- “Illegal use of power” magic or flying when not allowed
- “Migration” flight that extends over the arena
Body checks are allowed, use of horns, teeth, weapons, and direct kicks not permitted

ROLLS
- Each action is rolled for at the end of an interval and all summarized
- If action has no counter-action then: 1-3 is fail, 4-10 is succeed
- If action has a counter-action then: 1-7 is fail, 8-10 is succeed

- If the ball is successfully carried or stolen, possession starts with that character for next posting round
- If a goal is successful, the ball switches teams. Roll out of three to pick player that gets ball (each player assigned # at start of match)
- If a goal fails (but wasn't blocked), dice roll scramble for all players
- If a goal fails due to a successful block, the blocking player takes possession

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine
[Image: untitled_1_by_lainey_lou-damwoax.png]

Ahhhh, the Dragon's Throat, the backdrop of my misspent boyhood and scene of so many shenanigans. Would that I were an old man now so that I could reminisce on stuff and things but alas, I am still a wee lad and many a moon shall pass before I discover the value of quiet self reflection and recollection.

Honestly right now I'm just out to have a good time.

So back to the Throat, Mom might have said something about leaving but like, she's still here soooo.... I mean really, I just passed her up near the bridge with that shouty blue one. If she was serious about moving why would she be here playing tag with her friends? Moms, am I right?! So anywho, I'm cruising for something to do, moving through the sand with my little hop-soars. Mom says I'm not ready to fly yet, but she laughed when I showed these to her (I don't know if I had ever seen her laugh before) and said I should keep it up 'cause they were a good first step. Stretch out your wings, take a bit of a run aaaaand hop! Then you just kind of glide for a bit, and maaaaan I've been going farther and farther every day, I swear!

HAYYY look! A kid! I can call him a kid, because, let's face it: i'm WAAAAYYYY older, like practically a whole year already. Pipe down, you're barely three seasons! Puh-rac-ti-cal-ly a whole y-e-a-r. But time, what is time? Is it-- No Cas stop that, focus!

I aim my hoppy-glidey self towards the arena, and losing no time in being shy (cause hey, what's the point in that) I call out to the younger boy. "Hey! I don't know you yet! I'm Cas, who're you?" I have what Mom calls my "good-grin" on, one that according to her doesn't have any mischief in it, just happy. And I am happy, well excited more, cause honestly, for all the kids in the Throat my social life has been sorely lacking. Gotta get make some bros, a guy looks pretty silly when his sister is his only friend.

And did you see that shit? The kid had this ball thing and it just zooooomed back to him, like right through the air! I come to a stop beside the crested whippersnapper, watching the ball. "Shit, man, that was pretty neat. Did you make the ball do that?" Only vaguely wishing I had magic like that, or any for that matter (because we all agree that with my roguish good looks that would be totally unfair), I narrow my eyes and glance around the empty arena. There are always games to be found, if you've got an eye for 'em... Betchya you couldn't make it between those if you had to get it past me." A raised eyebrow, another grin; we all know where this is going.

[Cas is on team SKINS xD]
Castor
someday you'll blow us all away

image | coding
FLECTERE SI NEQUEO SUPEROS, ACHERONTA MOVEBO
if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

mathèo

The boy's curious wanderings had brought him to the interior of the Throat today. Despite all of his time lived upon this sandy island, there was will much of it that was unknown to him.

For instance, an entire arena. With wide green eyes, Thèo took in the metal trees, the stands, the sharp looking bush-things. What was it they were supposed to do here? What was this for-

Did you make the ball do that?

Trotting forward, Thèo poked his horned head inside one of the entrances, immediately spying Iskra with another foal. A delighted smile immediately appeared on his features, and without hesitation he moved swiftly towards the pair, unaware that any sort of game was taking place (or about to). He heard the tail end of Castor's challenge, and his boyish grin widened even further.

"Bet he can with my help." Thèo replied, eyes bright with a youthful eagerness to test his skills.

For a moment Thèo looked at the ball. He had thought that he could use his fiery magic to move the ball around, but given the material it was made out of, he thought maybe not. He'd likely just burn (or melt?) the leather. Disappointment coloured his ashen features, but only for a moment. Iskra was the fastest around, wasn't he? If he could run the ball, then Thèo could probably distract the other boy long enough to let him do so.

Spreading his wings the sun-drenched boy moved to stand by Iskra, grinning widely.

Thèo wants to be on Iskra's team!

Image Credits

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd

kolr

A gentle Orangemoon breeze carried the voices towards the watercolour filly's tulip-shaped ears. They sounded joyful, despite the competitive edge she thought she detected. Then again, what did she know about competition? Just little sweet Kolr who was never included in anything, because she wasn't capable of anything. But, oh, self deprecation looks good on no one, and Kolr was nothing, if not aware of how she appeared to others. So, biting her lip, the pigeon-toed girl walked slowly towards the arena. She'd never really bothered much with this place - it was built for the winged-members of the Dragon's Throat (just look at those metal trees! You could probably see all the way around the Island from up on one of those! But of course without wings, it was just another piece of the land inaccessible to her curious mind), and warriors. Kolr of course, was neither. But she was still a foal herself, and today, the arena seemed to be filled with the Dragon's Throat youth.

As she neared, the delicate watercolour-lined valleys of her face deepened with doubt, as she say the ball that one of the brightly coloured boys currently had. If it was any sort of physical game, she surely couldn't have a part in it. But maybe she could be a cheerleader? If only a silent one?

Forcing herself to have the courage to enter the arena, the pale filly immediately went to one of the sidelines, where she could stand and watch, but know that she was out of the way. The three boys before here were all ones that she had recognized. They all lived here after all. But there was one who drew her gaze. The loud one. But even though she normally found that trait difficult to bear (considering how little she spoke herself), she found it almost ... charming? endearing? in Castor. Maybe it was because she knew that he talked like that even when no one was around (hadn't she seen him do so on the beach that one day?)

Making herself as small as she could, Kolr tried to blend into the background. Her bright blue gaze was wide and curious however, as she watched to see how the game might unfold.

Kolr is lurking on the sidelines!

Image Credits

Vinati Posts: 42
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 hh :: 6 months (ages in Tallsun)
ChaoticMelodies

The little sand princess was prancing about, kicking up the golden grains and watching them glitter as they fell back to the earth. She was accustomed to being left to her own devices by now, being nearly half a year old; in fact, she found herself drawn to her mother less and less. No, these were the days of grassy snacks and daily jaunts in solitude. To be honest, the girl was quite content that way. Adaptable and easygoing, the young filly was just as happy to explore her home on her own as she was to spend the afternoon in a group of her peers.

Indeed, her dreamy, whimsical nature often led her into different hobbies, and these days she found herself focusing more and more on her crafting. After all, she was one of the few (that she knew of) in the Dragon’s Throat with an inherent magic related to sculpting. Her crystals were more varied and malleable than even her mother’s, and Vinati took great pride in her completed works. In fact, there was a pretty, flaming rose that glimmered behind her left ear that she had made for her Ave before he died, and around her neck there was an oceanic whale strung onto a thin golden chain given to her recently by her mother.

As she wandered (heading in no direction in particular), Vinati heard voices coming from the nearby arena. The girl rarely ventured that direction, having no interest in the fighting arts; but the voices that she heard were decidedly childish. As she entered the arena, she took in the sight of two smaller boys facing off against a larger one as a young girl watched from the sidelines. She recognized one of the smaller colts as Matheo, but she couldn’t quite name the rest.

“Hello there,” she called as she floated dreamily across the sand toward the trio. The other small one had some kind of ball near him, and it almost looked like the group was separating into teams. Although she would have preferred to be on Theo’s team (after all, he was the only one here that she knew), it wouldn’t be quite fair to have three against one – or three against two, or four against one, if the other filly decided to join them. “It rather looks like you're outnumbered," she informed the older boy, a rather jovial smile on her pretty face. Perhaps they would invite her to play with them, then she wouldn't have to decide where to go.

"Talk."

OOC :: Vinati sort of hovers between the two teams, waiting to be invited onto one or the other. xD

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

Vastra had been following the trail of something she did not recognize - a bearded dragon leaving small pointed prints as it scuttled across the sand hunting. But, of course, she did not know that yet - she was simply following to see where they led.  An exclamation from someone nearby caught her attention and she scowled at the interruption - wishing her fellow horses weren’t as as noisy as they always tended to be. The first voice was unknown but the second she would recognize anywhere.

Cas.

With a huff, she abandoned her studies and decided to see what sort of trouble her twin was getting into now. “Cas!” She called out for him as she followed the voices, but quickly found that he was not alone. In fact, there were other foals around him - all of them strangers. “Oh.” Instantly at war with her desire to not be around a crowd and curious about what they were doing in the arena with the strange ball-thing.

Curiosity, as it always did for her, won out. So she trotted over to the group.

“I’m Vastra.” She offered, a little too quietly maybe, as she joined them though her brown eyes were alight with curiosity as she looked at the foals present and the strange ball. Though she didn’t join in with the playful taunts of the colts, she placed herself clearly beside her brother and made it rather obvious who she would be helping - whatever this was. She was the only one that could pick on Cas, after all.

come on, come on
put your hands into the fire

Vastra picks SKINS with her bro

Dragon's Throat Colt

So we could build a
playground

"Iskra!" he replied back cheerfully as he lifted his head to Castor's greeting. The older colt had a grin that Iskra echoed, a trademark it seemed for the young men of the Dragon's Throat. "Hi," he shouted as follow up, teal eyes tracing the bay boy moving into the arena. His amazement at Iskra's skills immediately filled Iskra's chest with hot air, his pride swollen there, making it all the harder to turn down the clear challenge slapped into the sand before him.

About to speak, Iskra was halted by Theo's voice. His grin spread as his head turned to spy the sunlit lad trotting towards them. "Hey Mathèo!" Iskra greeted warmly, exhaling towards his friend in greeting before turning his attention back on the challenger. Except this wasn't exactly even now, and Iskra wasn't going to go winning due to any unfair advantages. Luckily he didn't have to wait long, three fillies arriving in near succession, the last one familiar with the larger colt as she called out to him and positioned herself with a purposeful intent beside her friend.

That's better, Iskra thought gleefully, squaring up on his legs as he anticipated the start of this friendly match. He'd noticed the other two on the outskirts as Vastra entered though, and he jerked his head towards them with a beckoning holler. "HEY! Why don't you join in, would be more fun with more of you!" He didn't know their names, but his gaze was clear as he suggested teams. "You (Vinati) could be with us, and you (Kolr) could be with them."

"Alright, whoever gets the ball through the other side's gate two times wins. No magic." He outlined the rough rules, and glanced at each of them for agreement. "We're team Fire Falcon," he declared, turning back to make sure his team was actually in agreement, but really, how couldn't they be? Too excited to really wait for their answer, Iskra slung his head back around, a devilish smirk crawling along his features, "and we're going to crush you!" he roared out with good-natured enthusiasm.

He broke away from his team then, a shrill whistle splitting from his lips as a signal to begin. He thundered down the arena's length towards the ball that had been positioned back into the middle, for fairness sake. The urge to yank it towards him with his magic was strong, but Iskra was honorable, and relied instead on the strength of his physical prowess (what little there was), and instead leaned down to grab the rope hanging off the end of the ball. He knew the other team would be right there, having been vying for the ball too, so as soon as Iskra's head came up he swung it around and attempted to pass the ball back to Matheo.

Round 1/2
Interval 1/2
72 hours between intervals - no posting order
Fire Falcons have possession of the ball starting this round

Iskra passes to Matheo.
I s k r A

@Mathèo @Castor @Vinati @Vastra

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

mathèo

Thèo smiled with an unfettered joy as Vinati arrived. "I'm Mathèo-" He offered with an easy confidence towards Caster and Vastra. Despite the competitive boyish nature sparking between he and Iskra, Thèo was still more than happy to meet new faces.

His grin widened as Iskra dubbed them team Fire Falcon. To emphasize the aptness of this title, the sun-drenched boy used his magic to create a literal falcon composed of fire. The bird burst into life above the two (unknowing) brothers, and opened its beak to scream silently, before gliding over towards their goal post and disappearing in a burst of flame.

Wait, no magic? Thèo frowned slightly, but he supposed rules were rules. Besides, it wouldn't be much fun for the others if they didn't have magic. Having fun was more important than winning, after all.

As Iskra began to bolt away, his whistle signaling the beginning of the game, Thèo cast his sea-green gaze towards Vinati, offering her a sportsmanlike wink. "He's really fast." The ashen child gushed, motioning towards Iskra, who had already grabbed the ball. "We definitely have the advantage." His odd accent rolled charmingly off his tongue, as he laughed, and then spun nimbly to race up the field.

As the ball sailed his way, instinctively Thèo spread his wings and lunged for it. He couldn't properly fly yet, but he'd been getting better at gliding. He tried to catch the rope in his teeth, but having never actually tried to catch anything moving in the air before, he fumbled and ultimately the ball sailed past him. Landing hard on the dirt. Thèo rushed towards the ball to try and regain possession. If he did, he'd likely try to immediately pass it to Vinati.

Hyperventilates that it's Gaucho kids vs. non Gaucho kids. Also poor Kolr is the only one not related to anyone. So sad for the cripple.

Theo missed Iskra's catch! He tries to grab the ball and throw it to Vinati.

Image Credits

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies

Another filly arrived as Vinati watched the ringleader seem to grow bigger with his excitement. Truth be told, she wasn't entirely sure why an old, leathery ball was cause for such celebration, but then again, she had never been one to invent a game. Her creations were of a different sort. She didn't offer her name (after all, she wasn't asked for it), not that the excited boy gave her much time to do so. It seemed that all of a sudden, he was assigning teams - she was pleased to find herself on Matheo's - and starting the game, christening their team the Fire Falcons before grabbing the ball and running away.

A fire bird was conjured, soaring gracefully to burst into flame over their goal. Vinati watched in awe, breathless with the beauty of it, wanting nothing more than to ask Theo to do it again, so that she could study the way the flames bent the light -

But then Theo was gone, racing up the field to join Iskra. Not knowing what else to do (and, indeed, not truly having a preference either way), Vinati followed at a considerably less purposeful pace. Whether it was her strategy to hang back and potentially play as a defender or if she was more interested in the way the sun shimmered upon the sands was unclear, even to her. But the game seemed interesting enough, especially as the ball began to be passed, and so the little sand princess decided that it might be worth her effort to play.

In any case, the ball was suddenly sailing her way (a fact that was altogether surprising to the girl), and Vinati clumsily reached to try and grab the rope with her teeth. If she was successful in catching the ball, then she would attempt to carry it further down the field, not quite sure of just how to pass it accurately yet.

"Talk."

OOC | Did I do the thing right?!

Absent Abyss
Laine

Okay, new players on the roster (beside's me and Sparky over here)

1) Mathéo a.k.a. Li'l Matty - Now I really met this kid riiight after he'd been born, so I feel a rather big-brotherly sense about him. Zero the Great said I had to be "responsible" and a "role model" and I'm not 100% sure I like the sound of that, but Matty seems like a cool kid, the shiny little rascal, and hanging out with him is gonna be no problem. If we get near the water I'll make sure he looks out for the red sea-stabby things. That's responsible enough, right?

["Ya think so? I might have to take you up on that, shorty." I grin down at him, which is a bit redundant. I'm grinning at everything. I have spread across my face the Great Perma-Grin of 2K16]

2) Kolr a.k.a. Kolr my heart with rainbows and sunshine daisies - (You tell anyone I said that I'll kick you ass) Now her appearance sent my competitive streak OVER 9000!!!!!! Cause like, you can't look like a wuss in front of your girl, am I right?!

[When I see her arrive I forget about the boys for a second and wave a wing at her. Please notice my slightly dopey expression and kindly slap me if i aver look like that again.]

3) Vinati a.k.a. Vinnie Boombatz - Awwwww yeahhhh Co-Captain of the kickass wonky-looking blaze squad! I don't know her well but she'd got a sweet smile and a great attitude, i'm sure we'll get along fine.

[Outnumbered? well I suppose I was at this point, but let be real, I could definitely take these little whippersnappers. "AYE FAIR LADY! I am outnumbered, but I have superior strength and experience, I can't take all three of you here and now--"

4) Vastra a.k.a. Vasa, Sister-mine and Queen of Everything

["VASA! What's doin, Sis?! Sparky here was just sayin' he could beat be and a ballgame."  Will you LOOK at my awesome sister?! I know she hates crowds and yet she comes and stands by me (even if I didn't really need help) because cause that's the kind of loyal sonofabitch she is. Good-golly-god-damn am I lucky to have her!]

Alrighty, roster set! GAME TIME BITCHES!!

Sparky is quick to assign everyone to teams and sound the charge--

EXCEPT HOLD UP WAIT A MUNITE ERROR ERROR SOMETHING NOT RIGHT

Oh. He assigned Kolr to my team.

FUCK YOU I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!!! Like of COURSE I want to include her and she should have fun (god knows it's hard enough to coax a smile out of her) but like, you've seen her walk right? No I DON'T care about losing you ignorant swine! it's a game, what do i care if i win?! I was just saying what if she trips and gets HURT?! Or what If she get's embarrassed?!

FUUUUUCK WHAT DO I DO?! I can't just stop the game like "No she can't walk she can't be on my team!" I'm irresponsible, not and asshole.

Shit shit shit, ok. I guess I might just have to make myself look like an asshole? Do what i usually do for Vastra, put other's attention on me so she can just do her thing and adjust to her comfort level! (I'm so suave guys.)

While everyone's taking their positions I take a dashing detour over to where Kolr was standing and do some hella-fast whispering. "Hey, whistle if you want to play, but don't sweat it, I gotchu!" And ziiiiip, back to the starting positions. "TEAM SUN HAWK - READY TO PROCEED WITH THE ASS-KICKING!"

Aaaand we're off! "Vas! Watch the goal!" I shout and hurtle forward with a spectacular war cry. But Sparky's too quick and is the first to grab the ball. He doesn't seem to keep the ball very long and so, almost before I can think, I'm hurtling after Vinnie in an attempt to steal to ball.

Team: Sun Hawk (creative, I know)

Castor attempts to STEAL
Castor

image | coding
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::

Kolr Posts: 16
Outcast
Filly :: Equine :: 15hh ::
Odd

kolr

You can be with them.

It pounded in her head like some sort of rhythmic chant. You can be with them. You can be with them. You can be with them. You can be with them. The longer it went on, the more it seemed to change.

You can be with them (a comment on her newness? The fact she wasn't related to anyone here?)
You can be with them (a comment on her disabilities?)
You can be with them (an offer of friendship?)
You can be with them (a discrediting of the other team?)

Kolr felt a helpless flutter of apprehension and regret. She shouldn't have come here! She just wanted to watch ... to ... well, she didn't want to be included, but she was at least starting to warm up to the idea of getting to know the other foals. But now, tossed like a ragdoll to the wolves, forced to identify herself as a useless cripple in a word of wings and magic powers, she very much regretted the idea.

Her mouth opened like a fish flopping for air, but the boy who had already named her a player in all of this, was running away. Large, helpless blue eyes followed his movements, only to suddenly fall on Castor as he raced towards her. Fear and nervousness sparked in those baby blue's, and she took an awkward step backwards, her pale hooves clacking against one another as her knobby knees failed to perform the action fluidly. Her muscles tensed so tightly at his approach, that her shoulders began to shake slightly and the muscles in her neck began to fatigue from the effort of just standing there. Kolr was so distracted by Castor's mere proximity that she almost missed the content of his hushed and rushed words. It sounded more like, Aywhistleifuwannaplay, butdon'tsweat it, I gotchu! The last part pounded in her mind just like Iskra's words had before. 

He had her? He had her? He had her? He had her? He had her? He had her?

And then of course

He had her?
He had her?
He had her?

What did that mean? Ever fibre of her being screamed for an answer. What did that mean? But he was already gone.

Kolr felt her shoulders release as he raced away again, though she continued to tremble as she was left alone in the shadows, while the others happily ran along. Looking down at her hooves, turned pathetically inwards, she considered her options. 

WAIT! She screamed mentally at Castor's retreating back. With tears beginning to well in her eyes, her lower lip began to tremble. "I don't know how to whistle.." She whispered, her blue eyes dropping defeatedly to her hooves.

Kolr uses SULKY BABY CRY. 

Image Credits

Dragon's Throat Colt

So we could build a
playground

Iskra only paused briefly to see if his pass had succeeded, and it had, so he flashed his award-winning 1,000 watt grin to the angelic boy, enamored by victory. The feeling was short lived however, as Theo failed his own pass and Vinati fumbled for the ball; too slow, Castor swooped in a took it.

Oh right, defense.

Iskra should have been guarding his team with the ball, or at least blocking the other team! There was more to this game than just flinging an old sphere of leather around, after all. Well, Iskra wasn't going to let the Sun Hawks beats the Fire Falcons, that was for sure!

With sparks trailing after him like a comet, Iskra took off for Castor, but not without taking a page from his book. The older colt had assigned duties to his teammate, wen all Iskra had done was assign a name. A name did not a team make he quickly realized. "Matty, watch Vastra!" he hollered out to his friend while he lunged for Castor, attempting to steal. the ball from him and yank it back under his team's control.

"Vinati!" he cried out, "Watch the ball!" If Iskra got it he'd need to get it away from Castor and pass/give it to someone. Or even if he managed to get Castor to drop it himself, then he wanted Vinati aware enough to sneak in and take it while Iskra kept Castor occupied.

At this rate though, he wasn't sure either team would score one goal much less two to win! Another round of this and Iskra thought he'd been too tired to go on.
I s k r A

@Castor @Vinati @Vastra @Mathèo

Absent Abyss
Laine

"EOHW EAHHHH!!" For all those listening, that roughly translates to "HELL YEAH!" when you have a giant rope in your mouth. I am able to snatch the ball's handle as Vinati attempts to pass and without missing a beat I am tearing down the battle arena sports field.

Gad damn I hope Kolr saw that, it must have looked so frickin dope! Shit man, I probably look so frickin dope right now! Pro tip, not really. I mean, I'm an an awkward stage in my growth, so I'm hauling ass and my wings are instinctively flapping like gangbusters. It's not terrible, persay, but someday I'll be all manly and muscley and my hair shall flow majestically in the wind and I'll look hella impressive. [Also I'll be white, but I don't know that yet.]

I didn't notice that Kolr was crying yet. Uggghhhhh maannnn am I gonna feel like a real asshole then. But, I'd made the decision to look like a huge show-off (for her and Vastra's introverted benefit) and hell if I didn't god-damn commit. With them behind me and the ball in tow i streak for the other teams goal.

Sparky and the Jets are on my tail, they just GOTTA be by now, so like all of my caution to all of the winds (as in my wont) I take the ball and heave its leathery ass toward the opening in the perimeter. The Goal. The gates of Valhalla, whereupon I may find eternal glory. Witness me, bitches. (And I mean bitches in the most respectful way, like, don't mean to offend, girls are great. Sometimes a potty mouth is just more effective NAM SAYIN?!)

Team: Sun Hawk

Castor attempts to SHOOT
Castor

image | coding

@Iskra @Vastra @Kolr @Vinati @Mathèo

Outcast
ChaoticMelodies
Suddenly, out of nowhere, Castor was swooping in and stealing the ball. "Oh," the filly said in a rather cheerful manner, as though her opponent taking the ball from her was the most wonderful thing in the world. "Okay then!" And then, assuming that her role in the game was done (and, truthfully, losing interest in that dreamy, distant way that she had), she began to drift towards the sidelines. She might have approached Kolr, found that the poor girl was crying, and attempted to comfort her by pulled crystal out of nowhere and shaping into, say, a soaring zephyr, but then Iskra was shouting at her and she was turning with a vague interest on her face, and whatever trajectory she'd been on was forgotten.

"Watch the ball!" he shouted.

"Why?" she responded, almost to herself, but she cantered slowly back into play, positioning herself in front of their goal and watching the ball carefully. It was coming closer, carried as it was by Castor; the little sand princess was intrigued by the way the ball bobbed and waved on its rope, and she watched it as though trying to memorize the movement so that she might recreate it later. A strange, gargling noise burst from the approaching colt's mouth, startling another soft, "Oh," from the girl's mouth, and then the ball was sailing right for her, and she ducked out of the way before realizing that she was supposed to be blocking it. Belatedly, she kicked her hind legs up, trying to kick the ball away and towards her teammates.

"Talk."

OOC | Vinati tries to BLOCK.