the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Raven and the Prince

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

The Sand Wolf had been restless since her move to the Edge, it had been surprisingly harder for her to shed her former life for one here, she had assumed she could simply shrug off the red canyons and wide open skies for mists and forest. It wasn't that she didn't like it, no, they had welcomed her with open hooves and she had found herself with a firm friend in that of the Prince.

It was just different, and the kind of different which would gradually ebb and flow away the more she got used to it, and made her patch of land she'd staked a claim on her home. She had picked a roosting spot closed to the cliff's, where the old trees roots grew thick and their branches fat enough to support her weight. Whose roots created a den for her to wiggle beneath should the canopy prove to leave her disatsified. Feathers peppered the ground, some stark cream and others banded, all smally and downy. Ruffled and rubbed off with her constant fluttered wings or when she took to gliding through the misted air.

She had woken that morning with the usual sluggish fanfare only a foal could pull off, hooves dangled from either side of the branch which supported her weight, wings lazily drooped as she'd yawned. The flames upon her wings were dull, sluggish as she was as they began to crackle to life with the Sand Princess' own responses. It was a gooder day as any, violet eyes peered up under strands of cream to the dappled leaves above her to see the rays of light glitter downwards.

Today was a good day as any to explore, hadn't she promised Tembovu that she would let Zubari show her around? The thought pepped her up immediately, and with a smooth motion, pulled herself upright on her perch. Yes, today was the day she'd find Zubari and let him show her around. An ear cocked to the side while the other pressed forward as she pondered how she was going to find her new friend, the Edge was a big place, and she didn't know exactly where she was going. Flying wasn't much of an option..unless. Ears swivelled forward as she took a small breath, reaching within herself until she could feel the workings of the magic she'd been born with come to life.

Eyes slipped closed as the rustling of wind and leaves filled her ears, her form shifted and shrinking until she felt the familiar unfamiliarity of a new form. The large white raven sat still for a few more moments, purple eyes checking as her head jerked gently to the side to check her wings. Once she was sure she could properly move, the bird gave a hop, skip and then a jump into the skies beneath the branches and set off to try and find the dark spotted colt.

"Zubari?" She called, hoping it was loud enough to carry to his ears, gliding around one tree after another. "Zubari?" Louder this time as she finally decided it was better to land and hope he came her way. It might prove to be funny, she hadn't said she could turn into a bird. Then again, she'd never really shown anyone she could, it'd been her secret when she'd wanted to avoid her mai, or the carers she sometimes found herself in the company of. The raven folded her wings neatly against her feathered sides and pressed her head into her chest, lavender eyes keeping a keen eye out for her friend.

Verro
You spend your whole life just to remember the sound
When the world was brighter, before we learned to dim it down
IMAGE CREDIT

@Zubari
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
I'm The Truth You're Afraid Of .

Sleep, the world was quiet, and he was basking in the darkness of his thicket. The thick leaves kept the sun's morning rays from leaking and waking him up. A small bird landed on a branch close to his golden spiked skull. It chirped and cheered a morning song that caused the little boy to start to stir. Black hooves moved and settled back in a few different positions. His painted skull laid flat on the ground huffing at the small creature. He mumbled and groaned as the small bird was reluctant to give up so easily. The song grew louder and louder; it chirped with more annoying tones now. Snorting his rear leg kicked the hutch like wall to scare the bird away. It failed. Fluttering made the colt believe it was gone, but a few seconds later the chirping continued. One golden eye opened and looked to the sun filled opening of his hutch. Stirring around his chocolate body finally sat up. Eyes furrowed as the first rays of the morning light hit his gold piercing eyes. Then the bird still annoyed him with chirps and chimes of its vocals. "I'm AWAKE!!!" Groggy tons rang from his mouth.

Moving the delicate hooves he finally stood up. Black fluffy strands flicked against his haunches as Zubari eventually stretched from the long night's slumber. Shaking off the dry dust from his chocolate pelt, Zubari finally took his step outside. Then his attention went straight to the little bird that woke him up. Eyes narrowed upon the vicious little beast that just had to wake him up. Legs launched up in the air, and his mouth snapped at the feathered creature. Of course, the little red winged thing took off, flying into the forest of Edge. Black hooves ran after the flying bastard, and malicious gold eyes did not let it leave his sight. Heavy breaths rang through the fog filled world. Strides grew in length as he pushed himself harder, and harder. He ran faster, and faster. Zubari was going to catch this little bastard until... Zubari?

What the hell... he was about to catch the red wing thingy. Bored golden eyes looked to the branches around him. Hooves came to a halt, and he slid, ripping up the soft slightly frozen ground. Ears stood erect from his skull as bright golden orbs searched for the caller. Waiting for another moment, he heard it again Zubari? Light filled his shimmering gold eyes. It was Verro! Where was she? The boy could hear the filly calling out to him, but he could not see her. "Verro!! I gotta find you, are we playing a game?!" He chuckled brightly skipping off to find his friend.

Smiling the boy searched in the dense fog. Tree's and brush did not make it easy, but he was determined to find his friend. Then the scent of the filly filled his nostrils. "Are we playing Hide and go seek!? Cause I know you're here somewhere!!" He laughed brightly skipping into a small clearing. The scent of Verro was growing stronger and stronger, but she was nowhere to be found. Sitting in the middle of the opening was a small white raven. Twisting his gold-tipped skull from side to side his eyes focused on the bird. It was a cute little creature, and he excitedly trotted closer to the little-winged angel. Confusion set in as the bird smelled or Verro, but she was not there. Lowering his skull to the ground he smiled brightly "Hello pretty little angel bird, have you seen a girl who has feathers like this? I can smell her here, but I can not find her! I know she is probably looking for me. I promised to show her around Edge. " He motioned to the feather tied in his rich black mane. Maybe the little bird could point him in the right direction.

"talk talk talk"

OOC:: Gosh I love playing with your girl :)

table code by tammeLyrics

@Verro

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury