the Rift

[OPEN] i forget where we were

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi

Her knees touched the earth with immeasurable delicacy, the rain-studded grass bending beneath her cannon bones without protest. She made no protest, either. 

Since she’d sailed over the lake hours ago she’d been flying, the sullen rawness in her muscles tamped down by the profound emptiness of her mind, her throat stoppered with feeling. All she had at that moment was a wealth of silence. Even Snapdragon was quiet. Only the wind spoke – and it was always the wind, wasn’t it? – combing through the fields in whispers; the storm had its back to them, traveling further west, and in the vacuum there was nothing but calm. Before and after, she thought, there had been calm, broad and unfathomable as heaven.

Numb, she thought, was a better word. 

Whether it was traveling the long night through a frigid Orangemoon deluge, or the frightful words that had been said to her, the girl felt bottomless with nothing. Pure void, existing somewhere in the middle of a triangle of rage, serenity, and grief. Echoes, negations; she hadn’t felt quite so blurry and vast since a year ago, living that half-life in the Meadow. Perhaps she should have stopped there, instead, for old times’ sake. The sky, at least, was the same, if a bit closer.

“We’ve lost a friend,” she said eventually, the words hoarse and hardly distinguishable from the wind’s murmuring, eaten at the edges by little moths of fatigue. Before she’d spoken Snapdragon clambered down from her back and curled into a tight circle on her knees, pressing against her narrow chest. Inside, her heart beat unperturbed, as if this were any other pre-dawn beneath the cold autumn stars. Numb, she thought again, her gaze wandering through the paling constellations. That still none of them were familiar didn’t faze her; they reflected in her eyes strangely, with all the value of words written to the blind.

Yes. Blind. Dumb, too, and numb, one last time, for the charm of it; tremors rolled softly from head to toe and yet she couldn’t feel herself shivering. If Snapdragon hadn’t been a part both native and separate from herself, she might not have felt him, either. But he made himself known, plucking gently at their bond until she curled her neck overhead, damp hair tenting around his tiny white body. He butt his head against her jaw, crooning quietly in the dark. 

“What do you think about that?”

♦ ♦ ♦
but there is a truth and it's on your side—
dawn is coming— open your eyes.
ultima
goblinstock!

open for anyone )^: couldn't get this out of my brain so i wrote it up.
set after this thread, closer to the beginning of orangemoon
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

The doe had been venturing as of late – after her reunion with her brother and spending time with her niece Maude, she began to grow restless once again. However, after so many attempts to trying to find the Edge to no avail – she was successful this time in being able to locate her home. And that’s truly what it had grown to be, her home, welcomed as one of them with open arms. What a strange concept it had been for her after so many years of wandering aimlessly. After growing up with Tilney and so many of their siblings, only to witness the death of their beloved sister Carlisle and the mental breakdown her closest brother had endured. It was rough, and she often tried to run from her problems, but when something so serious as that happened, something in her snapped. She couldn’t stand to deal with the problems that faced her during those dark times.

And so, like all the other times, she wandered aimlessly. Aimlessly to a place the dappled mare had never been, the Heavenly Fields. The rain drizzled down gently, soaking the water beneath her cloven hooves as the clouds swirled overhead. Perhaps that was part of her more melancholy mood as of late – when things were supposed to be bright and cheerful and all she could do was sit there and dwell on the things that had gone wrong in the past. Despite having family near her, she still felt rather alone. Yet, perhaps that was for the better. Only time would truly be able to tell.

Yet, as Aelfwine trudged along the soaked grasses, she spotted a pale figure among them. Intrigued, her green gaze glued to the figure – the eyes surprisingly a mirror image of Tilney’s in their candescent verdant haze. She neared, slowing as she approached as to not startle the pale creature, adorned with many pairs of wings. “Hello.” She called out, hesitating in her steps as she lifted her heavy crown of horns higher, water dripping from each tine. She tried to offer the mare a small smile before her monochromatic body edged closer – still wary, yet quiet and vulnerable for the place where the air seemed to have a thick tension to it – almost chokingly so. With that, she moved to show more of her body in an attempt to become less of a threat, showing the dapples and dark tones of her legs as well as the brief ivory tree marking that snaked down her rump. “I hope I’m not intruding. My name’s Aelfwine.” She began, her green gaze seeking out the mare’s own gilded hues.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

I COULDNT RESIST. @Ultima

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Colours of halcyon reflected on the deceivers neck as his nose turned westbound, evergrey thoughts drifting to the only shelter he could think of that laid in wait.
The Helovian weather for whatever reason dare not fight fair; he was left a soaking mess, hair a sodden lump and clamped in a groggy number of strings along his neck and legs. A tree hollow was all the palomino wished for really, just anything that might bat the rain off.
Once again the man had been to the Blood Falls, though this time decided on a scenic route over the backbone of the Hidden Falls rather than skirting beneath it across the meadow.
Don't be afraid to take the path never trodden - that had been Farengars words to him when his legs became less knobbly and his ribs began to fill.

Now Toulouse questioned if he would ever make that mistake ever again.
There was no doubt at all in that cold, grey brain that he would be tucked into bed by now if he had just taken the normal route.
He never knew rain could seep under each hair, some drops even seeming to slither like pythons along his bones, their fork tongues kissing his skin. No feeling was more unpleasant  than this Toulouse reckoned as his marble gaze cast skywards, a silent curse shooting from that gaze to whichever god it had been who sent these clouds to drench them.

It gets worse the blonde one told himself, for in no time at all it would be Frostfall.

Taking his place under a naked tree, Toulouse glared at the world around him as he waited for the weather to change. Many things this stag did were impractical, but this beat a lot of things on his record. Nothing could be more stupid than standing in the rain with an umbrella frame  and counting on your hopes to change it.
Those beautiful hopes were lifted when the sight of the winged one filled his gaze, watching as her fetlocks met with the meadowgrass below. How fluent she looked, yet there was a shaken element to her demeanour. It was the way she hung her pretty head and stood on her skinny feet perhaps. Eyeing her dual wings with envy, watching the beads of rainwater fall from the silken feathers, Toulouse thought of how lucky she was to have those to keep the elements off. Dainty as she was, she probably needed them.

Another approached, antlered and calm. She was a fuller mare with a much more cautious glance and the most beautiful dapples Toulouse might of ever witnessed.
Now shivering, the vampire made his approach.
"Gorgeous day" He grumbled to the women, though did his best to flash a fang-filled grin.
"Forgive me ma'am, might I stand under your wings? I fear I might catch a fever if I shiver too long" He questioned the ivory mare, though when he recalled how distraught she had appeared upon landing in the field he forbade himself from speaking again until he asked her of her wellbeing. "Again, forgive me my lady but are you.... upset...?"

lunarblues

U & bloody ben howard m8 ++ couldnt resist piffing TouLou in here
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD