the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: Impressions etched in glass

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
Tae had been lurking for a while, but hadn't actually joined the assembled group until now. She was still holding out hope that whomever had stolen her cloak (for she was adamant that she would not have forgotten it, or left it just laying about), would show up to one of these gatherings with it slung across their back. Thus far nothing like that had happened, but the mandible-marked mare really had no other options.

As more and more Helovian's arrived to the beach to witness the sands being turned into glass, Tae stood sentinel on the sidelines, watching silently. However it became more and more clear that either the theif was not here, or was simply using her cloak, in which case casting her gaze around likely wouldn't do much good.

Keep a look out. Use your noses and your eyes. Tae whispered silently into the minds of the two massive black canines at her sides. With a reserved sigh, the ghostly girl found the face of her mother in the crowd, and gradually made her way over. She hadn't seen Grusha here either...nor at all lately. Though an initial spike of panic had gone through the smaller of the two twins, Tae was sure that her counterpart would not simply leave without saying anything as she had before. There had been genuine regret in Grusha's eyes when Tae had explained how worried she had been, and the girl knew her sister would never put her through that willingly again.

Besides, Grusha wasn't much for crowds, and Tae very much doubted that the larger twin would have much in the way of interest for whatever it was Kisamoa was going to ask them to do. 

"Mother. Tae whispered as she halted at @Ampere 's side. Her eyes sifted through the crowd, clearly more interested in who was arriving, rather than what the lavender deity and the immigrant lesser-God were doing.

chills near Ampere.
Grusha&Tae
in the middle, under a clear blue sky
the sun can only burn for you and i

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

Kisamoa's smile widened as the beach descended into a cataclysmic rainbow of coloured glass. It was a mottled assortment of colour and shape, just like him. It didn't take long for some of the mortals to arrive - it never did. And the Goddess was saving the icing in the cake until more had arrived.

The lavender deity's gaze first found her niece, followed by her son. "Isopia," the Goddess said, a silvery smile upon her lips. Her gaze moved next to her son, with her smile widening. "I think you'll enjoy this." She cooed to him with a wink.

The Goddess' raised a surprise brow as a watercolour illusion wafted over the glass she had made, but she said nothing, her eyes instead searching for the veiled Aisling, singer of the song. Her lips twitched and her eyes narrowed. The Goddess bowed her head slightly, wanting to acknowledge the efforts of the petite mare without giving away her disguised position.

Kisamoa remains silent throughout this, as the majority of the attention is given to the lavendar lady: first from a boy who called her Great-Aunt Moon, then by a pale woman who lingers at the back. Next, presumably given that they called her Grandmama, came the child of the dark tribrid stallion who had arrived earlier. More continued to arrive, though now the majority of them seemed content to merely stand in the rapidly growing crowd. Kisamoa was actually rather amazed. When he had last shown up, so many of the mortals had shouted the same question at him over and over again, what's going on. what are you doing, etc. But it seemed that with the Goddess present, they were much happier to simply wait and see what she had in store.

With something of an awed and jealous gaze, Kisamoa returned his eyes back to the crowd. He was in the same boat as them, really. Just waiting to see what she would do.

"Thank you all so much for coming down." The Goddess began, stepping forward and leaving Kisamoa to stand in her shadow.  "I know Kisamoa here has asked you to come down to the waters perhaps more often that you would have liked, but I appreciate you doing it just one more time." She looked around with a wink.  "For me."

The Goddess' delicate hooves clicked on the now glassy surface, and her reflection was cast back at her from a multitude of multicoloured angles.  "Many of you went beneath the waves a few days ago. Some of you even retain the ability to do so. But what of the rest of you? Those too skeptical to accept the seaweed? Those who didn't want to be drenched in saltwater, simply because someone told you to?" The Goddess' lips curved upwards slightly in a wry smile. "I don't blame you. But you did miss out, and I wouldn't want a little apprehension to rob you of the beauty that dwells beneath the waves." The Goddess turned to glance over her delicate shoulder, towards Kisamoa. "I'll show you how a real God does it." She purred.

Turning her attention back to the glass on the ground, the Goddess turned to examine where the beach met the waves. Suddenly two glowing stones erupted from the beach, rising towards the sky. They pulsed with a dark internal light that cast starshine upon the glass now permanently embedded in the beach. With a laugh of effort, a cavern began to appear, opening a chasm in the earth. Wet, rocky walls dripped with moisture as this previously undiscovered cavern was revealed. Through the cavern, down a slop of rock-like steps, the Helovian's would find a tunnel, carved out of rainbow glass that would allow them to examine the reef that Kisamoa had showed a handful in the days before. The Goddess' coat was dripping slightly with exertion, but her face remained smooth and beautiful as she worked.

"And the seaweed?" She whispered, turning back to Kisamoa with a feline slink. "Was a cute touch. But you might want to try amping it up." Her eyes filled with a mysterious laughter, as she turned back to those assembled. "Weeds can be fun. Magic is better." She turned first to Howl. Although there were no leaves present, a gale of autumn-coloured foliage drifted around him. "For you." She said with a smile, as the leaves came together in a swirling mass that rained down upon him, giving him the power to create creatures made of fallen leaves. 

Next her gaze moved to Aisling, the mare currently trying to obscure herself from view. But with such a gracious song, why should she get a reward? "Show yourself Aisling, and receive this gift." A pulsing blackish purple light began to glow around the petite mare. Slowly it fused with her coat, making her appear as bright as a star for a moment, before disappearing. The ability to heal, but at a cost. But such was life. 

Looking back to Kisamoa, the Goddess winked again. "I hope this helps your plans Kisamoa. I, like the rest of Helovia, am eager to see how this plays out." Her voice was a purr, her eyes like hardened steel. "As you were." She concludes with a delicate laugh, like twinkling glass bells. 

"Enjoy -" She calls to those assembled, motioning towards the cavern for them to explore. Her body disappeared in a bright sparkle of starlight that seemingly lingered on the rainbow glass beneath him longer than it should have.

The Goddess has altered the Endless Blue! The new board description is:

Along the western edge of Helovia stretches a long, sandy beach. The rhythmic waves and temperate climate are always enjoyable. Magic gave part of the northern shoreline a mutli-colored surfaced made of smooth shards of glass. Two glowing stones mark the entrance to a wide, dripping cavern which ventures below the ocean's waters in a long archway of glass. Here, a new, stunning reef full of life can be enjoyed by all from the safety of the cavern.

She's also given away random magic! BUT! As per the announcement here, you must have your wishlist updated. If you did not follow the guidelines of the announcement, even if you had dark or wind magic on your wishlist, you were not entered in the random roll for magic. Please take this opportunity to go update your wishlists now! List/Rolls

Howl
:: [Magic: EarthxWind | Can create creatures made of fallen leaves]
:: [Restrictions | Can only create 3 small (medium dog or lower), or 1 large creature at a time]

Aisling
:: [ Magic: LightxDark | Uses a chant to pull a wound from another's body that will emerge in the same place on her own. Once on her body, it will heal quickly and leave no scar.]
:: [Restrictions | Must be near the target to heal them; larger wounds require more energy and focus, and wounds take longer to heal on her own body.]

Image Credit

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
         in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised
Ever a fan of the one who had ultimately caused her life to be, Isopia returned the Goddess's smile with one of her own, nodding her quad-horned skull. It seemed that all of the Gods were going to call her by her name, regardless of what she thought about it. Guess it was time she got used to that. Isopia shot Mesec a questioning sort of look as his mother indicated that what would come next would be something that he would like. She frowned somewhat, but kept silent. Clearly all would be revealed soon. The Mountain returned Tyrath's greeting as well, wondering what the skull-marked boy thought of all of this. Despite his age, Isopia still thought him quite clever and would have been happy to chat about this goings-on, should there be time.

Like the rest of those assembled, the demi-goddess was shocked and pleased to see the beach turn into glass. And, due to her proximity to the God and lesser (?) god, Kisamoa, could hear the Goddess's almost antagonistic words to him. Curiosity gripped Iso's vast mind, and despite her want to turn around and see if she could spy Zero in the crowd, she refrained. As the Goddess stepped forward to address everyone, Isopia retreated a step, giving the lavender deity ample room.

Turning her golden gaze to the place where the Goddess was concentrating, Isopia's gaze widened with surprise and delight as the earth opened up to reveal a cavern below. Had the cavern always been there, or had the Goddess just now created it? Flickering an ear to catch her words, Isopia tried to peer down as far as she could. While she had been one of the ones to take Kisamoa's seaweed, the experience hadn't last as long as she would have liked. The water had been murky and cold, and she'd been too distracted watching the sea-god to really take a good look around her. Besides, Zero hadn't come for some reason. This way they could explore together! 

Before she could offer her approval or admiration for the Goddess's work, the deity was out-doing Kisamoa again, handing out magic, and then disappearing suddenly. 

Isopia's golden eyes blinked as if trying to take in what had just happened. With a glance to Kisamoa, Isopia lingered for a moment wondering if anything more was apt to happen.

CONTEST WINNER.

Mentions Mesec, Tyrath, and Zero (didn't tag cause it isn't that important :D)

Image Credits

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

In a world full of grab-bags and grab ass, it turns out one of them was actually a thing to pay attention to. How fucking lovely.

I wasn’t there--why would I have been? Shit pops up all the time handing out goodies like magic...puffballs and some eggs or whatever. Sometimes it’s annual like that kick-ass turtle, other times it just…happens, y’know? I’d seen it first hand a few times; Chico himself came from one of those dudes that just show up once and you never hear from them again (for the most part).

But I guess all those had been extensions of the gods, huh? Like, I dunno, extra arms and hands and legs and feet to do work down here on this cold, unforgiving mortal plain. And the fact that a god had to come down here and greet ol’ Gregg here said a lot more about the situation than I had anticipated.

Like I said, I wasn’t there. It was Chico who swooped in for me, being my eyes ‘n shit, seeing how a crowd had formed of all kinds of familiar faces, some of which we even liked. He wasn’t even trying to follow Mbwene this time--can you believe that? But here she was anyway and he had googoo eyes and if it weren’t for the shit that was going down on the beach, against the earth’s crust or whatever, he would’ve swooped down and I’d have to ignore some shit for a while.

Hey.

Wha.

Shit go down.

Word?

Ye.

He sent me aerial views, sky-camming up in that bitch: great boulders arching from the waves, a tunnel being cut from the beach. A goddess doing work before a man with sea-weed smile (a powerplay? Or...what?) It was weird, I guess; reshaping the world wasn’t a thing that the gods took lightly. It usually took mass sickness or a divine catastrophe or whatever before the maps began to change.

So which was this? A mass sickness or a divine catastrophe? Either way, I guess I had to stop dragging ass about this salty bastard.

Chico dipped down from the sky on heavy leather wings, his heart yearning for his ‘Bwenny but his direction headed--elsewhere. He landed lightly on the beach, swooping next to Kis’ (our Kis) shadow and looking all they way up those long long legs of hers into her tattooed face. Because even though I thoroughly wanted to be done with the bitch Chico still felt some type of way about her after everything y’know. He couldn’t just pass by her anymore and not look her in the face.

What it do, he asked her, but of course she couldn’t hear. Maybe his eyes said it for him anyway.

Chico
"Not Chico,"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Mentions @Tembovu, interaction with @Isopia

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
Arriving alongside me, quiet, comfortable, is Erebos.

Duir, knowing him from my memories, the ones played most often, the best ones, does not feel his usual rise of wary worry and distrust, instead looking towards the dark stag with the awe of seeing someone only previously glimpsed through borrowed, mental glances. The wicked little kitsune is given the deer’s usual greeting, his ears alert, forest toned gaze eager, and cheerful.

You’ll see he’s not so kind soon enough, I think with a faint smile, despite the clenching in my breast at the sudden appearance of my blade brother. Having been avoiding him, mostly to avoid the awkward conversation about how I’d managed to get kicked out of home, and the potential wound left by his subsequent departure from my life, I find that, now that he’s here, right beside me, I’m not sure what I want to do.

Part of me wants to roughly shove my shoulder into his, delivering a well placed, only slightly painful bite of manly greeting on his warrior’s pelt. Another part wants to flee, leaving this shore, and its conversing Gods, far, far away from me.

Instead, I allow the silence to bridge us, a single, connected glance of his deep, midnight blue gaze against my own gilded one, his raised brow answered with a rogue’s grin, before we look back to the Gods, as one.

It is not long then before Själ joins us, her arrival barren of the greeting usually offered between strangers. I assume, then, that she must know Erebos, almost entirely assured when she settles opposite him. Sharing a grin with Tiamat as she passes, an ear tilts to catch the snow speckled, dark mare’s inquiry.

"They seem to have noticed the stranger in Helovia," I say with a bemused grin, gesturing to Kisamoa with my horn. I have more to say on the matter, like I generally do, but Mordecai’s arrival steals my words.

Feeling that same, hot rush rise back through me as she saunters near, almost ignoring my friends to demand things as she always does. Was it embarrassment? She was quite barbaric, to use a gentler word for the often rancorous mare, and her broken use of Helovian common, in presence of a prince, none the less, sort of does tighten my chest. At the same time, however, I can’t help but wonder if it’s not something more, mostly because, well, her terseness has become somewhat endearing to me over the past weeks.

"Mordecai," I greet her with a quick chuckle, gesturing to the side not accompanied by my friends alongside me (mostly to get her to stop being awkward as fuck), "he calls himself Kisamoa, and claims he wishes to heal the Marshland, as instructed by the Earth God. Many of us went into the heart of the sea at his behest most recently, and came to no harm…"

This time, it’s not a bossy magpie of a mare who cuts short my chattering, but the Goddess. Swallowing all my words and diverting my attention to femininity incarnate, I listen with great interest to what all she has to say, especially when she begins to reshape the shore with her magic. Forever in awe of the might of Gods, dryness steals through my mouth at the powerful image of what she has created for us. Secretly drawn by the promise of seeing the sea again, I find my thoughts are drawn down, down to the rippling, silvery realms of Kisamoa, and the myriad sea beasts, dancing ethereally over colored stones, and fronds.

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Erebos @Sjal @Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
He listens, watches, but does not speak or participate in any way beyond observation as the Goddess of the Moon flexes her magical muscles for all assembled. She scoffs at the creature, Kisamoa, both lowering his status as emissary of the Earth God and elevating her own, though why a goddess would feel the need to assert herself over a self-proclaimed messenger-grunt is curious in itself. The black thinks this quietly, wary of the traditional omniscient and omnipotent definition of gods and goddesses. Truly he means no harm by the thought, but wonders if there is some unknown social hierarchy among the deities of Helovia. Do the gods compete for following? Is the Goddess somehow separated from the other three Gods, ostracized or demonized? He's heard rumors about her tactics tending to be less give and more take, but what fairness could mortal hearts expect when making deals with beings who have no need of them in the first place?

Apparently satisfied with her work and with her reception, the Goddess disappears in a flashy display, bistowing a few random gifts on her way out, and the stallion wonders again if she isn't competing on some level with the sea-creature. Those assembled start rehashing events, catching others up and comparing theories, and the black gathers that there's nothing more for him to gain here. He cuts across the outskirts of the group to approach the otherworldly cavern now leading down into the depths of the ocean, ears forward with interest.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC