the Rift

[OPEN] Seal You Later!

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

Kisamoa disappeared and Vastra suddenly realized that she did not know what came next. To her surprise, as she swam back to the surface, the presence of the sea-creature did not affect her stay in this form. She was still a seal! And considering how she did not know how she got into this form… how exactly was she supposed to get out of it?

She should have asked more about magic before today! It was foolish to ignore her studies in some parts of Helovia and not others. Yes she could identify the tracks that she found in the Dragon’s Throat now almost perfectly, but how did that help her now?

Breaching the surface, the seaweed that had been in her mouth dissolved but she did not notice its absence - too fascinated by this new form. She was both excited and fearful that this form might just be her life now. Was she going to be a seal forever? What would her mother say?!

Or Castor, would he like having a seal for a sister?

And just what was she going to eat? She could feel sharp teeth in her mouth and that meant meat which was just… revolting.

Wasn’t it?

Questions by the dozen swarmed around her mind and she swam in confused circles in the shallows - where the water was warm (almost uncomfortably) and about three-feet deep. Her large, dark eyes scanned the retreating forms of those leaving the ocean - not finding a single other seal among them. Long whiskers twitched as her lips started to quiver, a small whine escaping her as she floated forlornly.

All of those questions really just summed themselves up into one that she repeated to herself: What was supposed to happen next?

said goodbye to you, my friend, as the fire spread.
all that's left are your bones that will soon sink like stones.
image by ehrendi

occurs soon after this thread!
Vastra is a harbor seal right now
for @Vesper and any! :D come talk to this sad seal goof

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine
[Image: untitled_1_by_lainey_lou-damwoax.png]

Good golly god damn! I was late. Can you even believe that? LATE!  Now if you ask me late for what precisely well I couldn't exactly tell you because, obviously, i didn't know 'cause my tardy-ass self got distracted again and now whatever happened on the beach and had so many people drawn to it was over! People were leaving, crowd dispersing and not a god damn trace of what in the name of Gaucho happened here!

........I bet it was something pretty cool.........

Ok reader, I like you, so I'm gonna be honest but you have to P R O M I S E not to tell anyone what you saw ok? Deal? Deal.

So I had zipped onto the beach, so damn ready to be a part of basically everything and I got zilch. I don't think O've ever been so disappointed! I mean, leave it to a kid to be dramatic
 but disappointment is, hands down, the worst emotion I have felt so far. Like this is worse than when I was affraid that mom had left. At least then for a bit I had had Vasa. But was she here now? Nooooooooo~~~ (I swear she is harder to keep tabs on than a sunbeam on a clear morning.) 

So anyway, back to my obvious intsta-depression. I'd rushed in to try and catch the last of the.... of the happenings, excited and bouncy suave as I always am only tho find the lot of no good motherfuckers LEAVING a perfectly good beach! (Another side note: Why would anyone ever voluntarily leave the beach?!) I was crestfallen, as in my crest of spiky baby-mane had literally fallen when my head hung down. I continued forward, seeking the solace of the slow lap lap of ocean on the sand. (lol listen to me talk about solace like I'm good at poetic imagery or some shit, when did I get so eloquent?) But seriously tho, sad. Mega sad. What was I gonna do if I couldn't find Vastra again? 

Awww fuck no, now I'm thinking about that and just... ugh! I can even!

Momentarily defeated, I flop dramatically dow in the shallows, gaining at least a satisfying splash. In the few inches of waster, the little remnant of waves lapped at my boring ass brown side and I let out a super pathetic whiney bitch-moan "Ahhh I'm the woooooorst broootherrrrr! I lost her agaaaaiiiinn!"

Like I said, Reader, don't fucking tell anyone I did that.

Castor
someday you'll blow us all away

image | coding

@Vastra
FLECTERE SI NEQUEO SUPEROS, ACHERONTA MOVEBO
if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map,
And knew that somehow I could find my way back."

I’d been late too. I’d missed the opportunity to swim under the water with Kisamoa and the others, and to be perfectly honest if I’d been given the opportunity I’m not entirely sure if I would have been brave enough to take the Sea God’s offer. Especially without Virga or Papa there. It certainly seemed like it had been something exciting because Everly had spotted the crowd from above.  However by the time I’d gotten here, the crowd was already dispersing.

I stood for a moment, crestfallen at first after realizing that I’d missed out on something important. Everly let out a sharp call and swooped closer to me as she flew another pass of the beach, picking up on the momentary flicker of sadness.  I absentmindedly flicked at a rock with one of my cloven hooves in frustration before turning my bright silver gaze to my surroundings.  Surely there was something else to do even though the others were rapidly abandoning the beach now that Sea God’s activity had ceased and he’d disappeared once again. 

Again it was Everly who drew my attention away, her own interest and excitement drawing my eye away from the shore.  When I finally turned to look at what was so interesting, I was surprised to find that the little zephyr had found a colt just a little bit younger than I was.  A colt who looked just as dejected as I felt...perhaps more so.  

I watched as the boy threw himself into the shoreline in a very…dramatic fashion and it was difficult stifle the giggle that threatened to burst from my lips.  I stepped over to where he lay in the gentle lapping waves, careful to make enough noise that I didn’t scare him.  I peered down at him, my head cocked ever so slightly to the side in interest.  “It’s okay. I lose my brother sometimes too. I’ll help you find who you lost, if you want!” I said, nonchalantly, as if Castor’s exclamation - and performance - was the most normal thing in the world.  

I stepped back to get a better look at him - or to offer him an opportunity to stand up.  Everly circled impatiently above, having spotted something further out in the waves.  My silver ears snapped to immediate attention and I squinted as I tried to make out the strange shape in the water - too big to be a fish, but I just wasn’t quite sure what it could be. 

“Hey! Look at that!” I exclaimed, wading further into the water to get a better look at the spotted sea creature swimming circles in the shallow water.  I looked back to the boy to see if he’d seen it too.  “I’ve never seen one of those before! Do you know what it is?”

“I wonder what it is,” I wondered aloud, standing in knee deep in the cool ocean water.  

V E S P E R
image credit

@Vastra
@Castor

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

While Vastra was having a bit of a crisis, so was her brother. Occasionally they showed up in the same spot and it always felt like an absolute miracle when it happened. And here he was, throwing himself into the shallow water and whining about how he had lost her again. Her? Oh! “CAS!” Only, the first time she tried to call out to him it came out as more of a squeaky bark or yelp. Well, she had certainly never made that that noise before. Vastra balked at herself and felt understandably stunned for a moment, forgetting to paddle her flippers and she sunk for an instant in the shallow water - letting the warm waves crash over her head as she wondered whether she could even communicate as a seal. Did her vocal chords change?  

Recovering, she resurfaced, blowing bubbles as she sighed on her way up, and discovered that there was a black and silver filly standing near her brother. Who was that? It took Vastra a minute to realize that when the filly said ‘I wonder what it is’ she was asking about her because she was a seal.

Right, okay.

“Cas it’s me!” This second attempt at talking was a little more successful and she hoped that they would be able to understand her. And then her wide eyes looked to the filly. “I think I’m a seal but I’m also.. Or was his sister. Vastra.”

She was still a little fuzzy on whether she was still his sister if she was a seal. She slapped her flippers unhappily on the surface of the water as she spun around in despair. “I don’t know how to get back to being myself again.”

said goodbye to you, my friend, as the fire spread.
all that's left are your bones that will soon sink like stones.
image by ehrendi

@Castor <3