the Rift

[OPEN] low lays the devil

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Success brimmed vividly in her chest. She knew that when she reached the Edge, she’d be able to explain her story of searching for Kianzo when she stumbled across the Dorobian woman she had lead home. Perhaps the appearance of the woman would remove any alarm or anger that her precious father might have toward her for slipping from under his lawful clutches. Only time would tell, however, and she was pleased to lead the woman through the different sections of home. They did stop for a night in the Thistle Meadow, allowing Mavuto to bathe and clean herself up. During that time, Kiada wondered if she would tell her of her father from before Helovia. While it was a hard idea to grasp, she managed to figure it out after the many stories her mother had given her of life before this magical land.

And so, it wasn’t so hard of an idea to swallow. Still, as they reached the Edge, she turned her ebony head to Mavuto as Khairi swooped between the trees. “Karibu nyumbani, Mavuto.” She began, her tail swishing eagerly against her legs as she flashed her a brilliant smile. The flames that danced across her back glimpsed at gryphons and lions in her pride and courage of reaching the Edge and bringing yet another stranger home. There was so much to learn, so much to tell her and her father of how she recruited the woman despite the other offers of unicorns there. She wondered if Mavuto would be willing to go on adventures with her – perhaps another body to help search for the beloved Elephant King’s son.

Her head turned forward again as her dainty hooves stepped over a few shards of glass, her ivory striped face lifting to the sky as she whinnied out for her father – Khairi swooping from his last tree branch in search of the Elephant King in the hopes of leading him back to an ever prideful daughter.

"Talk."

Karibu nyumbani, Mavuto. - Welcome home, Mavuto.

it was in my flaws,
I found a much deeper truth
and it is from them I bloom:
a black rose
image | coding

@Tembovu <3 feel free to have Khairi find him or have Temb just show up on his own. I figured you'd prolly wanna be the one to come and greet them :)

@Mavuto and @Rikyn if you want him to show up!

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Mavuto Posts: 6
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 6
Laine

It was strange after traveling alone so long, to adjust her pace to suit the child's stride, and more so to follow's another's direction rather than blazing her own (very direct path). The slow path nearly gave the mare a conniption; after nearly a year of cold leads and old stories to finally have a solid location for the Elephant General it was murder not to run flat out until she found him. She didn't blame the girl, not really, even liked her bold nature, but Mavuto had to concentrate so hard on not blowing a gasket that she didn't talk much throughout their journey. If she did at all it was to Kiada and not their intrusive male shadow, though Mavuto had found some choice insults to spew at him at regular intervals. Her honor had been insulted by his thinking that she would harm a hair on the girl's hide; luckily Mavuto didn't give a single solitary fuck about her own honor.

When they'd stopped for the night, Mavuto, prompted solely by her company, had condescended to rinse the mud from her body and picked most of the burs from her tail but had purposely preserved the red crest upon her back. That would stay until she had completed her mission.

When Kiada, in her only slightly mispronounced speech, welcomed Mavuto home, a frown crossed the woman's decorated face. With her ears falling slightly back she gave a short shake of her. "Si nyumba yangu, tamu msichana. Atarudi Dorobo." Mavuto didn't think to warn the girl that she would be taking her father back to Dorobo as well. If there was anyone who could help their chaotic homeland it would be Tembovu. The General had been the lynch pin that had thrown the system into chaos and Mavuto would make damn sure he cleaned up the mess he left.

Translations
"Si nyumba yangu, tamu msichana. Atarudi Dorobo." - Not my home, sweet girl. I will go back to Dorobo.

M A V U T O
sweat dripping down your chest
thinking ‘bout your tattooed knuckles
that girl is a  p r o b l e m

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

The Elephant King felt far removed from Dorobo, now. He had been in Helovia for seasons (—years? it felt like he had lived lifetimes since the Fall—), and had created a new life. A life so far removed from the vengeful Elephant General he had been on the Great Plains. He was King here, dedicated to justice and fairness—but also protection. He had a family, a lover, children. The King’s roots were sunk deep into the Edge’s cold, rich soil—so different from the sandy, dry loam of the plains. So his mind was no where near the thoughts of Dorobo when Khairi’s distinctive, eerie call sounded above him. His navy eyes rotated up, both he and Mbwene moving into a dutiful trot to heed his daughter’s summoning.

His black-rimmed ears tipped back at Kiada’s appearance at the borders, “You left the Edge?” his brows knitted together in concern and disapproval. He already lost his son, he did not need to lose his daughter. Both Katua and Zubari stayed safe within the Edge. Why was it that Kiada and Kianzo felt the need to wander from their homes?

But the Elephant was not left long to linger on the uneasy thoughts of lost children, because his gaze moved past the gilded princess to another equine that time had lost to him.Mavuto?” His deep rumble was filled with incredulous shock. “Wha—Why—How are you here?” His brows were raised and his dark navy eyes wide as the shocked, stilted question pushed out of his half-agape lips.

The King had made peace with the loss of those that had breached through the vengeful shell he had become in Dorobo. And so he had not expected to ever see the ferociously loyal, wickedly sharp Mavuto again. Ears, which had tipped forward, twitch as memories began to bombard his mind. The false information, the spying, the rebellion—all of which Mavuto had been deeply embroiled in. And it would be a lie to say that guilt did not pepper the King’s thoughts when he remembered leaving after the Fall. A soft, surprised breath pushed out of his nostrils as he continued to stare at the honey badger, mind trying to catch up to the now.

Mbwene, meanwhile, trundled up to Kiada, playing with her silken mane in greeting while eyeing the newcomer closely. There was some kind of manic energy she radiated that kept the small elephant at bay.

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

@Kiada @Mavuto

Please tag Tembovu.

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
Perhaps her pride began to deflate as the badger marked woman spoke. She said it wasn’t her home – that she planned on returning to this Dorobo one day. At first, Kiada was skeptical, worried by chance at the idea that the woman would somehow sway her father and family to leave Helovia. After everything it had given her, she wasn’t sure she was ready to disembark on a new experience just yet. Not only that, but the empty place beside her didn’t help her anxiety some. She slightly frowned, just nodding to the child. She didn’t have much time to think about the other options, seeing as Khairi emerged from the woods with a croon of success, landing in the trees above his bonded.

Immediately, Kiada’s blue gaze (so eerily similar to her mother’s calm collected gaze) met her father’s as frustration laced within his navy gaze. You left the Edge? She nodded slowly, motioning with her charcoal marked head to the company she had brought home with her. His gaze followed, landing on Mavuto with genuine surprise. Kiada leaned back slightly on her haunches, feeling rather smug with the fact that despite she had disobeyed her father’s orders, that she had returned a long lost friend to him. Besides, she felt as though she had already done so much for the Elephant King. Now, it was time to see what he could do for her.

As Tembovu stumbled over his words, she wanted to laugh at the situation. He seemed struck. At least Mbwene had the sense to greet the champion that had recruited someone so apparently dear to her father. The elephant’s blue gaze lingered on the newcomer, yet Kiada leaned down slightly, brushing her soft pink splotched muzzle against the elephant’s trunk in means of hello and ’thanks for noticing’ despite her father’s lackluster greeting. So, she figured she should explain the turn of events for her father. Her gaze traveled up again, seeking her father’s eyes. “I left the Edge to look for Zo. I had a good reason, you know. I went to the Threshold and found Mavuto there. There were a couple of other stallions there, but when I heard her speak Dorobian, I used the lessons we’ve had and was able to calm her down and bring her to you.” She began, her gaze hardening slightly as she looked on longer. “Please don’t leave us for her.” She wanted her gaze to say. Flicking her tail against her legs, she returned her attention to Mbwene as Khairi cooed softly from above.

"Talk."

Karibu nyumbani, Mavuto. - Welcome home, Mavuto.

it was in my flaws,
I found a much deeper truth
and it is from them I bloom:
a black rose
image | coding

@Mavuto sorry it took so long! <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.