the Rift

[MINI SWP] Trick R Treat || round 1

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
[[THIS ROUND ISN'T OVER! JUST ROLLING AS WE GO!]]

The demon laughed as so many came wanting treats! Little did they know... some treats are not very.... treaty.

NYX :: [Item: Vial of sulfur | A smelly vial of sulfur ]
LARUE :: [Temp Magic | Has super hearing for 1 thread]
OIZYS :: [Temp Magic | Has x-ray vision for 1 thread]
SHIDA :: [Curse | Eyes leak black goo for 1 thread]
VOLTERRA :: [Curse | Has a tiny manhood for 1 thread]
RU'IN :: [Curse | Coughs up black smoke for 1 thread]
TAE :: [Item: Cloven hoof | a cloven hoof of a deer]
ARAKH :: [Item: eyeball | a glass eyeball on a string]
MAREN :: [Temp Magic | Can walk on water for 1 thread]
ISOPIA :: [Item: Piece of a horn | piece of a ram's horn on a string]
VASTRA :: [Curse | Bleeds from pores for 1 thread]
KOLR :: [Item: Rainbow stone | A small rainbow colored stone]
MATHEO :: Small Item Prize
MESEC :: Custom Item Prize
ALYSANNE :: [Item: Vial of hoof trimmings | a vial of hoof trimmings on a string]
KIANZO :: [Item: Teeth | Horse teeth on a string]
ELSPETH :: [Item: Pumpkin seeds | Pumpkin seeds in a bag]
ESINAKH :: [Item: Stick | a gnarled stick]
HOWL :: [Item: Rabbit's foot | rabbit's foot on a string]

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
Trick… or treat…. The giant, hairy vulture (now heaven hairier with the cooling of the season) mulled the options over in his mind. It was true that treats promised pleasures—something that always attracted the tawny man’s interest. But it would be a lie to say that, in the Korofi’s experience, some tricks hadn’t ever led to intense pleasures, as well. So the man oscillated between the options, eyes as yellow as the ram’s study the horned shadow creature closely.

But then, naturally, his gaze wandered away from the ghoul to sweep appreciatively over the woman who had already gathered. Ah well, “Trick,” his rough voice called to the ram. At least if this imp’s trick wasn’t pleasurable, there were plenty of beautiful mares around to distract him from whatever misery it may bring.

Gaal chooses TRICK.

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL
Full moon overheard, she wandered into the forest. She walked through the trees until they started to turn cherry red, and she looked upon the sight of one of the first rift battles with satisfaction. Here was a good place. Here was where Helovia made their stand and freed the Riftians from those monsters they called gods. However, many citizens were surrounding a tiny little monster of their own, but this one was far more amusing. She smirked as it played its game, giving out junk and some good prizes to those who said their words.

"Okay, I'll play! TRICK"!

Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Amalrik Posts: 12
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 1 year
Tamme
Amalrik

Amalrik had been travelling with Ellie ever since the encounter at the shoreline, and he wandered about aimlessly as his cousin's guard. She was adventurous but still so young, and he wanted to be there for her as much as he could. Besides, for a kid, she wasn't all that bad! She was smart, funny and had this adorable black dragon as a companion. Part of him was a bit jealous, but he didn't let it affect him - too much.

Together, they came across a blood red lake under the light of the moon, and a tiny demon sat upon a rock. It was playing a game with them, but it all seemed in good fun! Amalrik laughed and shoved his cousin with his shoulder. "Let's play, Ells," he said, chuckling. "I'll choose TREAT!"

Please tag me in every post

Eleanor Posts: 15
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 6 months
Miranda :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath Tamme

Ellie wasn't quite as interested in all this as Amalrik was, but she enjoyed the travel. She followed and lead, and they took turns. She was very glad to have the company, anyway. Miranda, her dragon, was still such a baby that every now and then she scratched and whined, and Amalrik was helpful in getting the kid's attention and distracting it - at least so she could sleep!

So, when they came upon a rather scary looking place, she shyly grumbled, watching the imp with mistrust. "It looks evil..." she murmured, sighing as Amalrik brashly stated his choice without hesitation. Ellie hoped to one day be just as brave. "TREAT!" she finally yelled, copying her cousin.

Eleanor

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Navy eyes, their darkness brightly reflecting the glittering red falls, sweep around those present. Already there were so many there, but his gaze found none of his children (missing or not). Warily his navy eyes finally settled on the dark ghoul who tempted all those present with promises of treats or the darkly curious allure of tricks. While some boasted the courage (or daftness) of giving into that curiosity and claiming tricks for themselves, the Elephant King had experienced enough of life’s dark tricks to even be tempted by such mystery.

So, the gargantuan stallion, eyes flickering towards the demigoddess with her bronze dragon, calmly and clearly called, “Treat, my tricky friend,” in his deep, distinct rumble.

Tembovu chooses TREAT.

Please tag Tembovu.

Luther Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 hh :: 3 months
tamme

LUTHER  

Luther followed Matheo north, and he wasn't difficult to find. Even in the darkest of night, he seemed to attract all the light. The red twin smiled a little, the black flames billowing off his wings in a wicked herald to his lineage. He approached the setting with more faces (some of them familiar), and saw a black creature sitting there, playing a game with his audience. He watched his twin speak and laughed at all the junk this thing was handing out, and he decided that he wanted to play too.

First, he had to decide what though. Junk was... junk. He wouldn't keep it. But, wouldn't it be better to have some sort of cool curse or boon instead? Then he could terrorize some of the other children! "TRICK!" he bellowed.

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
The seahorse’s bladed, aquamarine horn glinted ominously red as it jerked through the air, following the quick movements of her unblinking eyes as she looked from ruby-red water to the shadow-creature that perched on a rock above it. Her yellow-aqua eyes, as large and unblinking as his own, stared openly at the creature. All these mythical apparitions of the gods’ power (or so the seahorse thought) around Helovia, and she failed to gain an audience with one for the sake of Akvo.

Her tail flicked once around her hocks, barbs rattling to warn away others who might approach the warrioress in her foul mood. She had seen enough tricks—she was living one, surrounded by freshwater in a headland separated from the sea. “Treat,” her throaty voice sounded clearly, daring eyes meeting the ghoul’s pupil-less stare.

Aquila chooses TREAT.

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
We come upon another small gathering, and I pause along its outskirts to glance at my traveling companions, Mordecai and Duir. At its heart is a red demon with glowing eyes, and, if my ears don’t deceive me, he’s giving things away. Trick or treat, he is asking everyone. I’m quite amazed by the number of people who choose trick, wondering if maybe the devilish creature is somehow affecting their decision making skills.

"Who’d chose to curse themselves?" I chuckle towards the dark, winged mare with me. The idea of a treat (even if some of these “treats” seem more like, well, tricks, like the bottle of rancorous sulfur, for instance), seems the better option, by far. Some of the tricks inspire snickers from me, while some of the treats bring glittering eyes of greedy interest.

"Treat!" I say, glancing back at Mordecai with a smile, Duir’s heart giddily dancing in excitement.

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht

"I've had more than enough tricks for one lifetime." He rumbles low and unhappily, the bitterness of his words nearly palpable in the air as he trundles up beside the boy with the tusks. He can't help but stare at the boy, more interested in his marbled coat, the walrus or whale or maybe even elephant style teeth jutting from his lower jaw, and the tiny, extra divisions of his hooves than the solidified smoke creature posing questions, though he acknowledges the shadow rams assumed importance and possible utility by answering more clearly. "I'd like a treat for once." One ear stays trained on the Basin youth though, his irrational draw to the boy strengthening with every new detail observed. He even has a beard he can see from the corner of one emerald eye. Whose child is this? He wonders...

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'
OOC // Alby chooses TREAT. Also @Ru'in for excessive staring. No pedo, I swear!

image by mar!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

(Let's not stop and ask ourselves what you're doing here. Let's not wonder how you wandered this far in your state. Ignore the shimmering silver wash of moonlight illuminating the points of your hip bones, the all-too-visible curve of each rib and the shadowed valleys between. Don't listen to the dead weight of your limbs. It's Halloween after all and when you tug your lips into that tired smile, you certainly look the part.)

The stark colors were a contrast to his pale hide as he slipped through the dark night. He was drawn by the same thing which drew everyone else, and with his long hair flying in spindly tendrils about his face (—like a veil, and he's the dead walking) he found himself by the blood red falls, facing a dark, ram-like creature with two yellow lamp-light eyes. Unfazed, unworried, for this night was just—strange, like being awake in a not (yet) entirely frightening nightmare. Blinking slowly, Mauja's brittle voice crept into the spaces between them.

"Trick."

( Mauja chooses TRICK and yeah this is a very liquid timeline... )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
What a day to have snuck away from the Edge!

Maude could not help but cheerfully giggle (quite loudly) as she and her best friend break into the particular clearing of the ruby wood where the devilish being awaits. Though he is certainly sinister by all means of the word, in so far as appearance, the daughter of the Moon Doctor finds something entirely bemusing about the creature regardless.

"Look, Tutti!" she exclaims, prancing up to find her place in the gathering line, "he’s giving away presents!"

Her hooves never stop dancing underneath her while she waits, even when, at last, she’s made it to the creature. Beaming like the ray of sunshine she is, Maude’s tail wriggles excitedly, her voice eagerly blurting forth (in the name of adventure, of course!):

"Trick!"

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Katua
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
He hadn’t had much chance to investigate the new lands that the God’s had salvaged from the Rift, and so, he’d decided to go and see what could be seen. However, he also had not forgotten how he’d hurt Ranjiri, and so, instead of going alone, as he would have done a mere year ago, he first goes to find her.

Arriving together to the red forest, Dragomir is surprised to notice a good number of individuals milling towards and from what seems to be somewhere further in. Following the steady flow of traffic, defensively keeping close to his Czarina, the stallion is shocked to discover an insidious little red creature giving away what he calls “tricks, or treats.”

"It could be fun, yeah?" he asks his dearest with a smile, his crystal eyes barely concealing the fact that he’s rather worried about it. Still, no one seems to be departing the encounter with the creature seriously maimed, and so he fretfully gets into line, deciding he’ll leave if he grows too uncomfortable in the interim.

Soon, however, he is face to face with the devil, his eyes wide and surprised, his deep bass voice stammering, questioningly: "Treat?"

@Ranjiri
HOARDS ALL OF ALI'S CHARACTERS
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Katua Posts: 10
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Two Seasons
Kwame :: Pygmy Hippopotamus :: None ali

let the waves up take me down
let the hurricane set in motion
let the rain of what i feel right now come down
Any day that Tutti could get Maude to leave the Edge was a good day. She pranced alongside her best friend, never stopping as they made their way wherever. Adventures didn't need to have a set destination! Adventure was about discovering new things, not old places.

She didn't notice the creature until Maude pointed it out. "Let's go!" the little spotted girl cried out when Maude said there were presents involved. Like her best friend, Tutti danced in place while she watched others get curses and presents. Her head turned as Maude called out her own decision, which Tutti agreed with. Tricks were exciting!

"Trick!" the other girl called out eagerly.

"."
let the rain come down

Tutti

Credit Code: Time
i

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

from the dusty mesa her looming shadow grows
hidden in the branches of the poison creosote

Mordecai wasn't sure why she had chosen to tag along with Rikyn, but she had. He wasn't terrible company, but he had his annoying moments. The deer was pretty interesting and she wished every now and again that she could communicate with it. She was sure that it interesting stories about his bonded. At the very least they could agree verbally that Rikyn was an idiot.

They came upon the gathering together and her traveling companion wasted no time criticizing those that chose trick instead of treat. Her dark eyes slid over to him and she answered. "They not scared of unknown." Her shoulders lifted in a gesture similar to a shrug and her gaze returned to the odd little creature.  

"Trick."

ooc:// 
i broke my table and can't fix it D:

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com | drawing by tribby and time | table for ali's use only
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

Bull loves the lull of the red falls, the chill of the quiet, eerie forest that looms above it. The sun never touches anything here – the smell of damp moss and the evidence of fungal growth is enough to prove such a thing, but despite that, your bones can feel the lack of sun too. Silver moonlight finds its way in, however, and with it a broken, cold breeze.

The full moon has finally come. The black unicorn grins to herself, tilting her glassy oil eyes up to the swollen sphere drenching the red, unfallen leaves of the crowded trees.

This event seems to be no surprise to her and even the fetus squirming in her abdomen stirs with a spark of energy as she falls into the crowd, seamless and ghostly. The bodies pile and the voices overlap one another and Bull slides down the shoulders of whoever stands in her way, trying not to shove but not trying that hard. “I choose a trick.

CHERNOBYL CHOOSES TRICK

- - - - - -

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

The gathering had attracted the attention of the Edge's Seer, the ghoulish night with his lady glittering abovetheir heads was made all the more scaretastic by the falls in which the creature had chosen to host it's frightful games. Silver eyes remained unblinking as he watched what the others asked of it, some chose the sweetened treats which some were not so sweet, and others recieved tricks that either drew a muffled laugh or intrigued snort. Those of his homeland he paid particular attention to, noting that the babes seemed to be drawn more towards these nights than some of their elder kinsmen were.

Such a wicked night, for those who dared to chance and those who liked to play it safe. At last, it was his turn and an invisible brow rose as he pondered over the choices in a brief skipping moment. "I'm not so frightful in my delights, so I will pick a Treat." He rumbled in a musical tune, leonine tail giving a slight curl of it's whip like design. 

"talk talk talk"

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

Alune has picked a TREAT
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

Trick or Treat, Trick or Treat?

The Sand Princess' ears flipped back and forth as she watched others choose between the two. Was a trick really that alluring? What if it was something truly horrible? Like boils and pus, blood gushing out of your eyeballs or maybe your wings going three sizes too small so you couldn't fly? What if you found out that what you'd missed out on was the thing that you'd wanted for so long? The demon appeared to be that kind of funny. A huff escaped her and the flames on her wings gave a small flare with her thoughts.

Still, there was a fun sense of scary mystery to picking the horrible one of the two, but she wouldn't be joining those today. Maybe next time, if there was a next time. From her position in the thick brush, against a red leaf tree, the antlered filly turned her attention to the watching pair of orange eyes with her mind made up. "I'd like a Treat."

Verro
You spend your whole life just to remember the sound
When the world was brighter, before we learned to dim it down
IMAGE CREDIT

Verro chooses TREAT
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Tyrath Posts: 61
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 2 [birdsong] HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Harcos :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Nova
Condemned to predetermined damnation for eternity

What a fun night this was!

The Dragonling is alight with it, he fit right at home at this time of year.  Stood in the darker area of the blood falls, his smouldering insides and visible ribcage and bones made him a spooky sight. He watched others step forward and choose tricks, he might have to learn a thing or two from this demon, as he dished out curses that both amused and disgusted him.

Even better when the creature turned it's tricks onto his father, and he found himself leaning forward on cloven hooves trying to spy what exactly he had done to him. It didn't take him long to guess, a stifled cackle trying to make it out of his fanged maw as he desperately spluttered to keep it in check. Okay, alright, his turn.

Tyrath took a couple steps forward and passed one more glance around those gathered. He wasn't about to turn down a chance at getting something good, even if some of the things handed out weren't so treaty after all. He could always find a way to scare and delight Astarot or one of his siblings if that was the case.

"I'll pick a treat." Judging by my father's poor luck, I'm not risking it either

"Talk."
tyrath
image | coding

Tyrath picks TREAT
[Image: tyrath_by_bronzehalo_d9yw5wg_by_arahvir-d9yx9ov.png]

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

Tangere is delighted by the voice booming in the shrouded darkness. Phrixus lifts from her withers, calling out with a few excitable clicks and diving down into the trees where everyone begins to file toward the coiling umbrage. She picks her way passed, her brown eyes locked on the sharp tips of Albrecht's curved horns. He's very tall and so he sticks out on that alone, never mind that handsome ginger body-beard he's rocking.

She chuckles, nudging her darker friend and his very curious choice. “Well,” She giggles, “I guess I'll turn the world upside down then and request a TRICK, please!” She speaks up, swishing her dwarfed tail with glee. “I do hope I do not suffer for it.

Well if Albrecht gets to pick treat, which she would never expect, then she might as well see what it would do if she does something she typically wouldn't. She's a treat kind of girl, but today she's feeling awfully tricky.

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

stands next to @Albrecht , giggles at him and chooses TRICK