[MINI SWP] Trick R Treat || round 1

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
This place has me feeling...

feeling things.

Beneath these bloody boughs is where I had last seen both my ma and my brother. My most recent memories of them are among these dark trees, on an evening not very different from this one, in the darkest hours of night. Brother, as he had made a habit of doing, had slipped away. I remember his kiss goodbye rousing me from my sleep, and blinking blearily as I watched his retreating figure disappear into the shadows. It had been me next (because I wasn’t going to let him have all the fun). I hadn’t expected that my over-the-shoulder glance would be the last picture of Ma in my mind for...I don’t even know how long it’s been now.

Months.

Ugh. Look at me getting all emotional and nostalgic now—it’s disgusting. I scrunch my nose up at myself and march pointedly forward, leaving these silly things behind me. I would never, ever, ever, ever admit that I’m lonely. I’m just shadowing Volterra around Helovia because, lately at least, he seems to be heading to where all of the excitement is at. That’s all this is. Marching into the outskirts of the crowd that’s gathered, I shift and shoulder my way in between until I can see what they’re all gawking at. A shadowy thing—I’m still not sure what it is, but it’s talking. My eyes narrow and I puff out my chest, the curls of my tail lashing around my hips. “Try me,” I sneer, “gimme a trick.”

Sabre chooses a TRICK!
“Speech.”
You’re so cold,
but you feel alive—
lay your hand on me one last time.
image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The sunset mare traipses through the woods, curious and fearful all at once at what might linger near the falls beyond. She has heard tales of the Blood Falls, the ruby-red waters in which gems of untold fortune are said to lurk. Today, though, the woods seem almost spooky. The colors are too bright, the wind is too crisp, and as the mare emerges from the trees, she sees that a shadow sits in the light of a full moon. She startles, her eyes widening and her limbs stiffening in surprise.

But the shadow-ram-creature does not move to harm her; no, it merely grins at her, its big yellow eyes leering through the darkness. She approaches, one in a string of many, haltingly approaching until she stands in front of the shadow. "Might I have a treat, good sir?" she says, a wavering smile flitting onto her uneasy visage.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

Persephone would like a treat!
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
There were others that the dark princess knew, but they simply passed through, taking their trick or treat and going on their merry way. None of them lingered for long, making for the trees with their boons or their curses, depending on the individual in question. Själ was not one to shy away from something that terrified others, and no matter how spooky this particular situation was (after all, it wasn't every day that she saw a weird shade-ram sitting on a rock in the light of a full moon, was it?), she was determined to approach it with a brave face.

Boldly, she sauntered forward, a wicked grin on her face to match that cast towards her by the yellow-eyed shadow. It was a mask, of course: if the creature leapt off its perch and shouted "BOO!" the girl would be halfway to the Endless Blue in a heartbeat. But it did not move to startle her, and so she stopped before it with a challenge in her amber gaze. "Trick."

"Speak."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

Själ will take a trick!

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: BLX1P.jpg]

SOHALIA

The mare wandered through the forest by the Blood Falls, intending to accompany her daughter to the ruby waters for some mother-daughter bonding. It had been some time since the pair of them had been able to simply - what did the kids call it? - "hang out," and the ivory dove sorely missed simply being with her youngest child. She had not had the opportunity to spend great amounts of time with her other children, and however independent Vinati was growing to be, they still spent a great deal more time together than Sohalia had with any of the others.

The pair arrived at the Falls under the light of a full moon, and Sohalia was surprised to see that a strange creature seemingly woven of darkness itself sat upon a rock nearby. She took a suspicious step forward, using her wing to shelter her daughter from the spooky yellow gaze of the creature. A moment passed, and then two; others arrived and were alternately blessed and cursed by the creature. After a slight hesitation and some excited pleading from Vinati, Sohalia approached reluctantly. "A treat, please," she requested with a smile that was only a tad forced. "For the both of us."

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Sohalia would like a treat!
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
living like we're
     r e n e g a d e s
The antlered stallion hangs towards the back of the crowd, his green eyes narrowed as he stares at the strange beast that beckons to them. He shifts his weight often, his healing muscles still stiff and sore from being healed, though the ache is dull and shoved to the back of his mind. Rohan doesn’t trust this creature for one second (and he’s sure that he isn’t alone). What kind of thing appears randomly, offering them gifts, shortly after some other strange beast rises to meet them? He remembers the worm holes of the God Wars, and how they had slipped in—but he also remembers the large, kindly turtle that had randomly appeared to give them the most beautiful presents. So which one is this guy? Pressing his lips together, Rohan breathes heavily before speaking, the depth of his voice slipping out with no small amount of skepticism: “Treat.”

Rohan chooses a TREAT!
“Speech.”

rohan
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Vinati Posts: 42
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 hh :: 6 months (ages in Tallsun)
ChaoticMelodies

The little sand princess tagged along merrily at her mother's side. It had been a while since they had spent time together, especially since Mother had taken on a crafting role within the herd. The girl couldn't wait until she was old enough to join their ranks, especially since she was already proving to be quite the talented crafter (if she did say so herself). In any case, Mother's job and preoccupation with the recent death of Ave had left the girl to roam the sands of the Dragon's Throat on her own. This trip was to be a special one - Vinati was rarely allowed beyond the borders of the Throat, and Mother had promised her a special story time when they arrived at the fabled Blood Falls.

When they finally arrived (after hours and hours and hours of walking, might she add), Mother suddenly flared a wing to halt the girl, hiding the Falls ahead from her view. Well, now, Vinati wasn't having that. She peeped around the ivory wing to find that a ram made of shadow had taken up residence in the clearing. Her pleas seemed to coerce her mother to move forward, and so the girl skipped along at Sohalia's side, barely even caring when the older mare picked for her.

"Talk."

Vinati would like a treat!

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies
XOLANI
Of all the conundrums, the silent mare never imagined that this would be one with which she would be presented. The shadow-ram sat on a rock by the Falls, offered tricks and treats and handing out trinkets and blessings and curses galore, and Xolani couldn't even tell him which she'd prefer! How very frustrating for the poor mare, who watched with longing as others came and went. Though her coat often showed her thoughts and emotions, there was little clarity that she could provide for such an odd question. How does one paint a trick? Even if she concentrated on the concept, the most her pelt would show seemed to be a figure jumping out at an equine silhouette, which promptly collapsed with what could presumably be fright.

Finally, with a soft huff of displeasure (and perhaps a touch of anxiety), the mare moved forward to take her place before the dark ram. Through the fuchsia-violet hue of frustration and the blue-green color of embarrassment, a silhouette of a clover emerged, followed by some flowers. Perhaps this would serve to indicate her preference of a treat?

Xolani would like a treat!
Please tag Xolani in all replies.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map,
And knew that somehow I could find my way back."

I was more than happy to follow along in Papa’s footsteps as we again wandered north.  It was a familiar trek, and it made me miss Mama as the sights became more and more familiar.  My silver eyes flickered and glowed in the moonlight as I picked my way through the forest.  Unlike some, I was just as comfortable under the light of the moon as I was under the sun’s warm daylight.  The stars across my back glowed softly making my approach to the gathering anything but subtle. There were so many here it’s hard to recognize anyone in particular.  It’s overwhelming.

I was surprised to find that I recognized this place! This was the very place where I’d been given Everly’s egg by the mother fish who had told a gathering not unlike this one all sorts of riddles.  The zephyr chirped from her current perch between my ears, reacting to my excitement. 

I look at this creature with pure curiosity, there’s no apprehension in my eyes. Was this a riddle too? Or just a simple question?

”Umm. I pick Treat!” I chirp, happily, pleased with my decision.

V E S P E R
image credit

Vesper picks Treat!

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Tsavo Posts: 13
Absent Abyss atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 6 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Eshe :: Masai Lioness :: None Kiki
"From the day we arrive on the planet, and blinking step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done"

The lioness hadn’t traveled too far from the Edge of late, much to Eshe’s dismay.  But tonight things were different.  Tonight the pair picked their way through the shadows - padding softly over the leaves that had long since fallen and littered the earth. The little lioness leapt ahead of her bonded, catching the scent of the gathering ahead and quickening her pace. The larger of the pair lengthened her stride, covering the ground effortlessly before a great number of equines came into view. 

With a final leap, Tsavo shifted back into her equine form, shedding the lioness and moved to join the group with as little fanfare as possible.  Bright blue eyes leveled upon the strange shadow creature as Eshe came to sit at the base of her forelegs. 

-Magic Trick?- Eshe questioned, wondering what this creature meant by it’s offer. Perhaps, the Lioness thought to her bonded. Let’s find out.

Trick, she said simply, issued like a challenge, as her long leonine tail flicked between her fetlocks.  

T S A V O
image credit

Tsavo chooses Trick.

Please tag Tsavo in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted, please ask before inflicting serious injury.

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya cannot remember the last time she had been drawn this far north.  But it seemed that she was not the only one who had contracted wanderlust this Orangemoon night.  The little mare shivered, as she was ill prepared for the cool temperatures this far north that seemed to hint at the oncoming Frostfall. She was a creature of the desert through and through.

She was surprised to see a gathering of this size at this time of night, but knew by now to expect the unexpected in Helovia.  She was pleased to see familiar faces sprinkled around the gathering.  However, her attention was called back to the ram that sat before the group - both proud and eerie in his veil of shadow. A’mal circled twice from above before landing on her bonded’s withers. -Other dragons,- she trilled, happily, having not met many of her own kind, before settling in to amuse herself with Najya’s trinkets. 

Najya, however, did not break attention from the creature, and after a moment of careful consideration breathed,  “Treat”.

Najya

image credits

Najya chooses Treat.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"I'd rather die my way than live yours."

Iona huffed as she circled the group from above.  As per usual, there was Alysanne, front and center. She’d roll her eyes if she wasn’t afraid that her eyes would stick that way and she’d be flying in circles the rest of her life.  She landed a safe distance from the group and made her way to Aly’s side, giving her sister a look and whispered to her “Again?” with a note of incredulity in her voice.  

Alysanne was more comfortable with magic, sure, but that didn’t mean that Iona had to like it.  Maybe she’d get used to it one day. Maybe.

Finally, she turned her emerald gaze onto the creature that had drawn such a crowd. Good god, are there any normal animals in this place? And for that matter, does anyone here have a shred of self preservation?  Trick or treat. Hm. Well, one of those options sure as Hell seemed better than the other.

“Uh. Treat.”  Because a Trick sounded liked the last thing she wanted, especially from a creature who was clearly magic.

-- I O N A --

tags:
quote: lauren oliver
image credit

Iona chooses Treat because she's chickenshit. :)

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
You are not sure of what made you come, even as you slow to a stop in front of the strange little creature and next to your lionheart. Your eyes narrow as they leave Erebos’ dark frame and focus on the ram, the two lanterns of eerie light that seem to be his eyes. He asks a question-trick or treat (whatever that means)-and your brows furrow. Everyone throws their answers at him, unaware of what either truly entails. And so you stand, until the noise dies down you finally purse your lips, a single and still skeptical word following. “Treat.”

* enna chooses treat! :D

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki
C A L D E R

Calder panicked for a moment upon arriving at the midnight gathering. Not because there was a wee shadow beastie spinnin’ riddles, but because when he’d returned from the creek he couldn’t find Ellie anywhere.  He knew that the lass was not one fond of gatherings and all things magic, and he knew that she wouldn’t think much of a meeting like this. 

By his assessment, he was more than casually late, but he hardly noticed the creature as he searched the faces for Elspeth.  Relief washed over him when he found her, somewhat removed from the group, and he wove his way through the crowd with as much grace as he could muster before joining the lass and standing as near to her side as was, well, considered acceptable for a situation like this.  

“I’d fancy a treat also,” he said, quietly, to the golden eyed shadow, only now taking a moment to study the creature.

Calder chooses Treat
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN & TIN
Didn't you know that Poision is always Pretty?

The magic of Helovia never seemd to stop surpising Raeden. Her bright teal eyes looked upon the creature who asked the others what they wished for. Her head tilted as she watched each one in the crowd say what the wished to have. Some said trick and others said treat. Tin looked at the mare twisting his great antlered skull. What was the mare going to choose? A trick or a treat... What would happen if she participated in this act. Would she get a nasty suprise, or would she get a small gift. His green eyes narrowed upon the creature. Her bright voice rug out to speak to the great beast . "Treat Please!"

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

Raeden picked Treat

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
Yeah I have trust issues, can you blame me?.

Golden eyes brightened and followed the others walking towards the falls. The boy was always looking for something new and fun. Small hooves came to a halt as gold orbs brightened watching the creature in front of them. His golden tipped skull looked to the others around them; then the beast asked a question. Trick or Treat. The boy pondered as each person answered the question. Some said trick others ( Well most said treat.) He wanted to frown at the ones following the others direction, but he let the smile stay clear on his little chocolate face. Looking at the others his small voice rang out "I choose trick..."
"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

Zubari chooses Trick

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine
She didn't like being amongst so many, but she maintained her calm demeanor as she stepped lightly into the clearing. Distant eyes rested on two foal, one with a wing slung over the other's back and felt a twinge of sorrow. The little colt looked so much like Nizho down to eyes that were grey flecked with fire; but this one had a black slash across his face, and the red girl with him wan't really a match for her. Still she felt that tug in her conflicted heart, to go find her brother, just he see his face, hear his voice. Thoughts of her parents still filled her with residual disgust and fear, but Nizho? For Nizho there was only longing. She would go to him, she decided, he would keep her secret if she asked. Resolved she looked at the horned beast and, determined not to be a coward, spoke to it. "A treat sir, if it's not too much trouble." She took her offering quickly and was gone.
Does the secret fade—
            or is it everlasting?
Asavvi
Image Credit

Asavvi picks TREAT
NON EST AD ASTRA MOLIS E TERRIS VIA
there is no easy way from the earth to the stars
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Asavvi in all posts ::

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

[Ampere picks TRICK]

Still looking for the lost cloak, Ampere found herself wandering in places she didn't often visit. This one, so far north, where it was cold, and so far east, where Helovia's border ridged the wilderness she'd delved into- she blew out of her nose nervously as she eyed the unfamiliar lands. Add to that the history of this realm, and the blue pegasus was about ready to jump out of her skin. That's why she was here though, because she hadn't searched here, so maybe, just maybe, the cloak would be here.

She didn't find it though, but she did find a gathering. The growing frequency with which the masses of Helovia blindly gathered was more unnerving than any landscape could be, and only with hesitation did Ampere near, lingering still in the back as she tried to ascertain what was happening. Trick or treat huh? she muttered to herself, "It's bound to be a trick," she hissed.
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu

Heaven if you sent us down
So we could build a
playground

you'd be so proud of what we've made

[Iskra picks TREAT]

He'd been traveling a lot more with his mom as of late. Ever since his sister's cloak got stolen, Ampere had been different. More aware, he thought decidedly, or maybe better said, just more alive. There was an evident sadness that still tinged everything she did, but at least she fought it sometimes, and at least he was doing things with her! He still couldn't fly, so he didn't always get to go, but she asked for him to help search whenever he did. This time, even though the land was far away, he was pretty sure she asked him to join in for the sake of keeping company. He understood, this land was creppy.

A fact punctuated by the creepy little monster Iskra spied, along with a good portion of Helovia. Keeping close to his mom, Iskra wriggled underneath her, as curious as he was wary. "A treat would be nice," he breathed.
he'd trade his guns for love
I s k r A
but he's caught in the crossfire

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

I have traveled north, Sarabi grumbling at my side. Being an outcast was both great and sucked. Great, because I could go where I want when I want and answer to no one but myself. Sucked.... well because I have to look out for myself all the time now.

As we entered the forest, Sarabi splits off to hunt. She's starving, I can feel her hunger. Its best she heads off and hunts without me near... Not that she would harm me... Just, it's not a sight I wish to see. That's when I find the crowd around the yellow eyes. Without a word, I move to stand by Volterra.... My dual colored eyes look to him for a moment, listening as others call out if they with for a trick or treat. I've had enough tricks for my life... "Treat"

"speech here"

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Vitani chooses treat

Sansa Posts: 19
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Two Years (Ages in TallSun)
Lady :: Northern Inuit Dog :: None Emily
S
A
N
S
A

One plus about Mother being gone, I can go wherever I want! Tonight i've slipped out of the Edge to explore. Really, i'm following the tracks of a few others. I weave in and out of the trees, my face lighting my way. I've learned that the hearts of my face light up when my emotions are heightened. Tonight, i'm just loving life!

My hooves had lead me to a forest that i've never seen before. Green eyes take it all in, as the tracks lead right up to a huge group. Almost at once I spot familar faces from the Edge and I go to them. They all are talking about tricks and treats... I like treats! TREAT! I squeal!

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Sansa picks TREAT