the Rift

[OPEN] settle down (welcoming!)

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilneigh_by_neverrmind-daljdjq.png]

Pink shards of sky was what welcomed the flaxen one and his crowned companion home to the Edge. It was the day's end, and the world around them was ruled by a wondrous palette of violets, sanguines, blues, and even the odd slice of gold - what a magnificent greeting.
"Mother Moon must like you" The ginger physician spoke with a smirk to his travelling companion,  stopping momentarily to look her way "She is most deffinately showing off tonight" this utter was ever so breathless, nose turned upwards to the clouds which had now begun to unveil an enchanting array of stars. How lucky they were to witness such beauty; a rare sight in the drizzly grayness Frostfall usually gave them.

Peatree, The ever faithful companion to the doctor had now awoken from a nap. He had spent much of the journey burried in a nest built out of Tilney's mane and the lion's mane collar the stallion wore. With his keen chiroptera hearing, the seagull had arroused him all the way from the sea cliffs over yonder as they neared the border to the western realm. With a bubbly squeal the big-eyed bat took flight, swooping ahead of the ambling duo.
"We are nearly at the Edge" Tilney murmured to Ariadne. The ginger one took note to warn her of the glass and the crumbling ruins they would soon encounter - it as a place she should be careful around. Injury was not uncommon.

The remnants of the glass wall were soon in his sights and so Pea gave a great coo. His outstretched wings took him barelling down infront of the newcommer, the claws of his feet gripping Ariadnes mane playfully and pulling it upwards with another hoot - he was terribly excited to be home! Pea loved to chase the seagulls, and longed to sleep among the glowing moss and feast on the lunar butterflies. Tilney gave a chortling laugh, but really he hoped the woman wouldn't mind Peatrees over-excited antics.

"We approach the ruins of the glass wall that once protected the Edge. Do be careful, cleaning the shards has been quite a process and hidden pieces still remain" was the physicians words to the pale one. As he crossed through a large gap in the wall, Tilneys gaze once again found the amber sight-givers of his companion and remembered some more housekeeping questions he should ask her.
"Have you considered joining the ranks of the Edge? We have careers in healing, crafting, intelligence, protection of the herd, and even communicating with Mother Moon" Tilney asked the woman, a glint forming in his eye.

ooc; welcome! ★
Would you like to chose a career? If so, let me know and I can have her rank changed! If you'd just like her to be a Worlds Edge mare (unranked) that's fine too, just let me know and I'll have it changed :)
Here's some info about the herd and ranks incase all the info has been a bit overwhelming!
World's Edge Herd Information
Ranks
World's Edge Land Guide - a little guide on what plants, animals (even mythical ones!) live in the edge and the other lands in helovia!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Ariadne Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Val
three. unicorn. grey. ram horns. cloven hooves.
fifteen-one hands. homeless, loverless, childless.

The sun had begun to set by the time the pair made their way into the Edge; Ariadne found herself thankful that her pendant had not been lost on the journey here; the little light it provided her as she wandered behind the taller male was a small help. He spoke fondly of this Mother Moon entity, his eyes cast upwards to the heavens. She, too, found herself admiring the way the stars danced against the backdrop of deep blue - truly a sight to behold. "Yes, it is a beautiful night," she concured, turning back to him. "Do you ever wonder what else might be out there? If there are other planets like this, with life on them?" The stars had always made her feel small and, at times, insignificant. It was a question she often pondered, especially late at night when insomnia gripped her mind and her eyes would not grow heavy with sleep.

"What is the religion like here?" She asked suddenly. "Do you worship only one god, or are there many? Or perhaps there are none..." Ariadne had never been particularly religious, instead using logic and reason over faith. Her parents had claimed to have named her after an old goddess of their realm, a goddess of healing and love who, according to her mother, had 'blessed them with their firstborn daughter.'

Tilney's voice intruded upon her reflection, alerting her to the presence of a great glass wall. A gentle swoosh noise caught her attention, and she barely had time to turn her head to see Tilney's small winged companion swooping towards her, gripping playfully at her mane before taking off again. A gentle laugh bubbled its way from her throat - she had never seen such a bold little creature before! "Your little friend is quite a sight with his antics. I feel my mood lifting already!" She crooned, smiling broadly in Tilney's general direction.

The speckled doe listened closely as Tilney touted about the Edge's ranks, questioning her on her chosen profession. Frankly, she was not sure what she wanted to do - the thought of a career was not weighing down on her; it did not seem like a particularly urgent matter. "To be frank with you, Tilney, I'm not so much concerned with finding a niche as I am regaining my memories and finding out what happened to my family. That is the most important thing to me right now. I'm sure you can understand. But, I may as well make myself useful while I do that..." she paused to think for a minute, before continuing:

"I am not much of a fighter. I would be of no use to you in protection. I believe myself to be more of a diplomat, really. That was what I wanted to do back home - negotation of alliances and resource exchange." Mother had always said she had a way with words, and paired with her idealistic views, she could get anyone to believe a word from her mouth. "But healing sounds interesting as well. As a filly I would often watch our healers collect herbs and make medicines." She remembered those days fondly, trying not to let her lanky little body get in the way as the doctors worked diligently day in and day out.

"I'm curious to know, have you lived here your whole life, Tilney, or did you come here as a wanderer, like myself?"

((ooc: @Tilney thank you! If Ari chooses to stay in the Edge she will most likely choose to start out as a nurse! I plan on having her here for a bit before she wanders off to visit Eldala :3))

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Black nostrils flare, scenting the evening’s air as the King meandered the Edge’s borders. Mbwene trunk, likewise, lifted as she took in the air. The night smelled of crisp frost that nearly stung the nose numb—but also a faint smell of others. One was familiar: Tilney, the good Moon Doctor. His black-rimmed ears swiveled forward, his hooves halting in the crunchy snow (it had been a day since any powder had fallen; but tonight was promising, as the temperature began to steeply drop with the setting sun) so that he could better hear the faint voices that filtered between the barren trunks. Only the evergreens, so aptly named, nobly retained their deep green needles.

The Elephant could make out a few words: joining…Edge…Moon…. These all came from Tilney, interspersed with statements and lilting, questioning tones. The next set: beautiful…life…religion, came from another, unfamiliar voice and scent, only to be punctuated by the sharp coo of Peatree, Tilney’s faithful companion. A slight grin curved up the King’s lips as he started towards the others, his thick legs moving at an easy walk as his large hooves crunched loudly in the snow. He would be sneaking up on no one tonight—not that a man of his size ever, truly snuck up on anyone.

His ears remained perked, though much of the remainder of conversation was lost to the crunch of his hooves. Only the tail end of the newcomer’s proclamation to be interested in healing was caught by the towering King as he finally came upon the antlered man and his curled-horn companion. His thick, loosely spiraled horn dipped in greeting as he slowed to a stop, “Hello, my friend,” his deep voice rumbled to Tilney before his eyes and attention shifted to the newcomer.

“I am Tembovu, King here. If you seek learning in the art of healing, you’ll need to look no further than Tilney. He is one of the finest healers in all of Helovia. The Edge is better for him,” though his words were complimentary, there was only genuineness in the heartfelt praise. Though his dark gaze studied the woman as he spoke taking in her bright amber eyes and the warm accent of her brown mane and tail against the sunny grey of her skin. And her horns—they caught is gaze for a moment longer than anything else, eyes following their curling sweep.

“Are you looking to make the Edge your home….?” His deep rumble trailed off, implying his inquiry for her name. Mbwene was even more captivated by the woman’s horns, and she trundled forward (first tooting hello to Tilney), her trunk outstretched and seeking the mare’s curled horns.

@Tilney @Ariadne Welcome! (if you choose to stay!) :D
Also, Neverr, I love that you provided all those links! It's a great idea! :]

Please tag Tembovu.