the Rift

[OPEN] GUESS WHO'S BACK

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

So like, these last few seasons have been INSANE. And by insane I mean, quite literally because I’m pretty sure I hallucinated that I was pregnant with Deimos’ child at one point and it freaked me out and I was begging Jellybean to claw it out of me.

Which is weird, because that would be wonderful news.

I couldn’t actually feel the fever breaking, one day I woke up and it was just gone.

Or so I thought, anyway. When I tried to stand up I fell right back over again and repeated this process four times. I was determined though! I hadn’t felt the sunlight on my body ever since it had caused some serious problems last Tallsun and I was eager to feel both the light and feel the chill of the Frostfall air.

I was very eager to not melt. That was very important to me.

Jellybean was so beyond eager that she really was insane. She was screeching and hollering as she bounded toward the cave entrance, dancing around me in circles (which caused me to feel dizzy and fall back over).

Alright so I was bruised and my head was ACHING but I was upright and moving, though slowly, so I’ll consider it an improvement.

Now, what had been going on in my beloved Basin since I had been sick? I found my way to the mouth of my cave and plopped myself down so that I was sitting because honestly, moving those 5 metres was a marathon and I needed a break. The sunlight was shining brightly down here and I just... closed my pretty little eyes and started to fall asleep where I was sitting.

Or I would've fallen asleep if Jellybean wasn't continuing to dance and bound around in the area in front of my cave and scream and COCK-A-DOODLE-DO and squawk and just generally announce that we were back.

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits

@Aisling @Larue (if you guys want)
and open to anyone else who wants to see how Johnny is doing!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
Larue
Small, lemon-freckled ears swivel and perk as an equally lemon-freckled and pink-dusted head flew up. Was that a griffin? A cockatoo griffin? A JELLYBEAN griffin? Candied, teal eyes were wide as a bit of grass (—mom insisted she eat the stuff, and had pretty much kicked her off the teat—) hung from her pink muzzle. “Beans?!” Her excited yelp barely left her lips before she was sprinting towards the source of the squawks, which was (in fact) their cave.

The tartlet was a streak of yellow barreling across the meadow—“DAD!”—and she showed no signs of stopping as she neared the sitting, slouched form of her pops. He had been sick for ages, and though mom was definitely cooler than the little filly had originally thought, she still wasn’t dad. And mom was always so busy with sneaky, stealthy things…

But now, “DAD YOU’RE UP!” Her shriek was muffled at the end as she careened, full speed, into his sweet, sugary chest. “Heya, Beans,” her greeting to the crazy excited griffin was also muffled by pop’s chest, but she shifted her head so that she could peak a single, bright teal eye at her, rather that it being mashed against Johnny’s chest.

However, slowly the exhilaration of her dad finally being out (or nearly out) of the cave tempered, and she shifted backwards, bright eyes narrowing slightly, “Are you comin’ outta the cave?” Her voice was accusatory to hide the burgeoning hope the grew in her chest and lit up her eyes.
image | bckg

@Johnny

Please tag in all posts.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

The voice that shouted in response to Jellybean’s screeches was one that we both knew well and our hearts just LEAPT when we caught it. “LALA!!!” Jellybean screeched one of the only words she had learned so far, flapping her pink-lined wings and prancing around on her awkward legs as she greeted the filly that was too big now! I’m pretty damn sure that companions weren’t supposed to talk out loud but Jellybean wasn’t just any old companion now, was she? She was something special. And I remember hearing that some parrots could learn to speak and mimic words.

Basically my companion is the greatest in all of Helovia.  

So far, Jellybean knew “Lala” in reference to Larue, “Ass” in reference to Aisling, “Hello”... and “Fuck” which was something that I absolutely did not teach her. It sounded a little off in her screeching voice, of course, and sometimes I could get away with telling everyone that she was just hollering nonsense.

I don’t think anyone really believed me, though.

“Rue!” I greeted my daughter with a different nickname than my companion but with a rush of love that was all his own. I was just starting to get up when she launched herself at me and I caught her in as best of a hug as I could, inhaling her darling lemony scent. My daughter. Holy fish sticks did I ever miss her. She shifted backward and my green eyes were able to look into her teal ones properly - a smile lighting up my face. “You bet I am, just had to stop and take a bit of a rest. It’s a long walk from where I was sleeping.” I gestured back to the spot that I had clearly been occupying for two seasons with a small chuckle.

That laugh made my head ache but man did it also feel amazing.

“So how about you tell me what trouble you’ve been up to while I’ve been sick?” My grin widened and I added in a conspiring whisper “Before your mom gets here.”

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits

@Larue <33333
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
from the north
With Frostfall now well established in her beloved mountain home, Tiamat has spent more of her time between the medic’s cave and the greenhouse. Like some of the other seasons lately, winter appears determined to make herself known, and the amount of snow that has already accumulated within their highland herd is nearly surprising. Of course, there are numerous herbs and plants that are native to such a frigid climate, but many that they have stored from around Helovia—in the medic’s cave and the greenhouse—are quick to wilt or freeze in the thin, frosty air.

It is obvious, as her duty to the Basin people as their healer, that she must do all she can to prevent this from happening. For now she focuses on those plants stowed in the greenhouse. By its very name, the little glass structure is a haven for vegetation of all species—inside is insulated well, balmy and warm, and perfect for their development. But Tiamat stands on the outside, using her magic to move the snow that has settled on the glass roof (for fear that the ice will dangerously cool the temperature within). Wrapping the length of her lion tail around her, the Mender focuses on collecting the frozen, powdery water and sprinkling it over those plants in the garden that can withstand the cold.

The blue mare is nearly finished with her task when she hears the distant commotion—cries of joy, and the unmistakable caw of a particularly clever griffin. “Could it be?!” Tiamat gasps happily, the ball of snow she had been focusing on immediately falling apart when her attention moves elsewhere. Nimue, who had been silently investigating the herbs, is startled by her bonded’s reaction. Whistling in surprise, she floats to the ocean mare, looking up with questions in her crystal blue eyes. “It’s Johnny! He’s awake! Oh Nimue, you’re going to love him!” Tiamat nearly squeals with delight.

Not wanting to waste another second, dainty heels kick up the snow in her wake, leaping strides carrying her over the familiar terrain. In the months that he had been terribly sick, Tiamat had visited her dear friend several times. She had tried to help him as best as she could, but for all her knowledge, the cure for an illness of candy managed to elude her. She feels awful for not being able to do more for him, and is beyond excited to look into those dancing green eyes again.

When at last she diminishes the distance to his cave, Tiamat slows suddenly to a trot (slipping only once), a broad smile brightening her features. “Johnny!” She calls joyously, promptly wrapping her neck around him when she can, and pulling him close. “I’m so happy to see you up and moving about! And I’m far from the only one,” the ocean mare laughs as she casts a bright smile to his lemon drop daughter. Looking back to the little stallion, she noses him gently, her practiced eye appraising him. “How’re you feeling? Is there anything I can help you with?” She questions him eagerly while her companion, not knowing anyone here, lingers shyly behind her, peeking out with her large baby blue gaze.

notes; Hope it was okay that I said she visited him while he was sick, I can edit it! c:
Nimue reference
“Speech.”

@Johnny @Larue | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Larue Posts: 45
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 1
smitty
Larue
The tartlet snuggled into her father’s hug—dad gave the best hugs (though, the filly would never outwardly admit this, or that she had greatly missed them). She mushed her nose into his chest in order to actually be able to smell her father’s pepperminty goodness. Though most could smell him while standing near, Larue’s senses had become dulled by her tartly lemon body—as if giving up with battling the sourness that made up her very body. Instead of forever tasting it, her nose and tongue simply gave up.

So she took in her pops’ fading scent in close proximity, a grin crossing her dainty, freckled, pink muzzle as Johnny asked about her adventures while he was snoozing away his heat-hangover. “I met a vampire! Well, she drank blood like one, but I don’t know how. That stuff is gross,” she stomped a slender, rose thorn hoof to emphasize the word, “And there was a festival! Kiada and I tried to smear itchy leaves all over this old grouch—cause he kicked me when Sorcha was hatching. OH! Mom’s got a companion too, now! And—” but her tirade of non-stop words abruptly stopped as a flying whale appeared alongside the Basin’s Time Mender.

Bright teal eyes widen, “Woah,” for once the pert, sassy filly was at a loss for words at the magnificent leviathan that shyly peeked out from Tiamat’s, “Miss Tia,” she had learned her name from the Basin meetings, “What’s that?” Her candied horn gestured towards her companion, eagerly leaning forward. Mostly she saw companions as potential targets for tricks (‘cept Beans), but that didn’t cross her mind with this companion.
image | bckg

@Johnny sorry for the delay!

Please tag in all posts.

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
aisling
&
johnny
well baby I surrender 
to the strawberry ice cream
never ever end of all this love
Aisling watched patiently (and with more than a little apprehension) as the green dragon prepared to launch herself off the her rump. Her head was curled around she she could keep Sorcha in view and, despite her motherly misgivings, tried to send reassuring feelings to the green ball of feathers. Aisling was sure she was not the best coach for the dragon, knowing nothing about flying herself, so she had given in to Sorcha's insistence that it was time to try. Like she had been with Larue started testing boundaries, Aisling fretted over Sorcha's ideas of testing her flight capabilities but knew it was fruitless to fight the inevitable. 

Sorcha crouched on the familiar surface of Aisling's rump with her feathery wings outstretched and tail twitching from side to side. The little beast hummed with excitement, wiggling her butt even as she gave a few experimental flaps. She was ready--or she was mostly ready--and she gave into the childish need to turn her emerald eyes to find her bonded. Aisling met the look with a smile and a nod of encouragement. "Go on, a stór,you can do it. With an air of hesitant anticipation, the dragon wiggled down and then jumped. She flapped her wings once, twice, and when that managed to keep her in the air Sorcha, immediately flushed with the pride of success, stopped flapping to pose triumphantly and fell out of the air.  Aisling winced, but the baby dragon-still so unpracticed in flight-was a falling expert, and tucked herself into a safe little ball before landing in the drifted snow.  

"I think you've got to keep the wings going--" the little Thief began to chide, but her attention was pulled away by a familiar squawk. Eyes wide, she swung her head in the direction of the sound, hardly daring to let herself hope but it sounded again through the snowy trees. There was no mistaking Jellybean's rambunctious voice and surely if the griffin was awake than that meant that Johnny would have finally shaken off his summertime slumber. Joy flooded Aisling and with beaming eyes she glanced back down to Sorcha who's red-crested head had poked merrily out of the snow drift. With her own delighted cry, the Green lept up and and scampered to latch onto Aisling's long braid and the two were hurling back toward the cave. 

Two seasons. Was that it? Had it really only been that long since she had seen him awake, heard is voice? She'd seen him after all, seen him still and sleeping day after day in the cool depth of the cave. She'd spoken to him often. She had sat beside him, had listened to his breath, had felt his sugar-sweet heart beat and day after day she had prayed for him to wake. Aisling had felt it pass like the miserably slow drag of eternity. 

The mare skidded to a halt when she found them, Johnny sitting with their little girl tucked close and the blue Mender that Aisling had yet to be acquainted with greeting them both. For a moment she could do nothing but stare, her expression rivaling the sun itself as she drank in the sight of her darling Johnny restored to her. "Oh Johnny!" was all she could manage so near to weeping with relief. Sorcha was not so stoic: chirruping wildly she swung down and launched herself at Jellybean. She'd seen enough of the griffin (sleeping with her own eyes and awake through Aisling's memory) that she already considered them the best of friends and was intent on wrestling her affectionately to the ground.

image | coding
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::