the Rift

[PRIVATE] birthday presents

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
How had it already been a year? A year since he had found out that a simple meeting in the Frostbreath Steppe had turned out to be not quite so simple - a year since he discovered how happy he could truly be. It still baffled him, sometimes, when he woke to see the twins nearby or watched them play. That two such perfect creatures could possibly be related to him.

The gifts he brought them now were inadequate as methods to show them how much he cared for them, but he did not wish to let the occasion pass unnoticed. As he went to seek them out, Lucius holding onto the precious things carefully with his talons as he flew alongside, he felt embarrassed. What if they should not like them? What if they should think it stupid?

‘We’ll find out soon enough.’ Lucius chided Mesec for letting ‘what if’s take command over his mind, yet again.

It was fortunate that he had stumbled across Glasgow while she was practicing her crafts on the cliffs, and more so that she was willing to help him out with the project that he had in mind.

Snow had wasted no time in accumulating around the Edge this Frostfall and Mesec trotted through drifts that nearly reached to his knees as he sought out his twin children. Against the soft white and browns and greens of the day, they would easily be spotted, he had no doubt.

And after a short time, he discovered them soon enough.

“Vesper! Virga!” He called out to them, stepping in big steps to wade through the snow - a smile already growing at the sight of them, beckoning them to come closer. Lucius landed on the snow nearby, chirping his own greeting to the twins, and displaying two sets of delicate, glass charms that shone brilliantly against the snow in the soft sunlight. They were similar to the ones he wore in his mane, commemorating those he held dear.“Happy birthday, my dears.”

wherever you may go ___________
_______
no matter where you are

I never will be far away, _____
______________you'll always be a part of me

image credits

@Virga, @Vesper
permission from Skylark for mentions of Glasgow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VESPER AND VIRGA <3333333
no rush in replying to this (Kae I know you're still away but I wanted to get something up for when you get back!)
I'm going to give you guys the small items and then you can update the records when you get a chance - you can choose what the glass charms look like but I was thinking they'd be something along the lines of 3 stars and 1 moon for their little family? :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

The return of Frostfall had been more than welcome. Of course, seeing how the world changed with each season had been quite an adventure.  I could still vividly remember the sense of wonder at seeing the spring flowers emerge from beneath a layer of crumbling ice when birdsong had finally broken winter’s hold upon Helovia when I was still so small. I remembered how warm the sun had felt across my back in the hottest months of Tallsun.  I could recall with picture perfect clarity as the leaves faded exploded every color as again the air grew cold and seemed to hint at the oncoming frost and snow.  And then, one morning, it had happened.  Not with any sort of fanfare like the summer storms.  Frostfall crept in on a whisper with the ice forming silently in the night and the snow falling soundlessly upon the earth. Maybe it wasn’t right or fair to have a favorite season, but Frostfall felt familiar to me in a way that none of the other seasons did.  The cold and the silence had welcomed me into the world, and being surrounded by them once again was profoundly comforting.  

Of course I didn’t know that I’d been born in the Frostfall that had refused to release its hold on this place - that lingered far beyond its natural course. But I did know of the supernatural and how supernatural roots ran deep beneath Helovia’s soil. It seemed magic was the very lifeblood of this place. I let out a small sigh, watching as the twin plumes of my breath hung in the air before me. Everly, perched in a nearby branch, did not hold the same affection for winter. She’d been born in the budding days of frostfall and had never felt the bitter bite of the season.  Thankfully the evergreens provided some shelter for the zephyr, who sought shelter in the branches. 

Papa’s call carried easily over the still Frostfall air, and my attention immediately peaked.  Everly wasted no time in taking to the skies, pleased at the prospect of seeing Lucius who was as much a father figure to her as Mesec was to me.  I made my way through the drifts with far more elegance than I had last winter, thankful that my legs were more capable than they had been last year.  I saw Papa and Lucius just as Everly landed on the snow next to the larger zephyr - her attention thoroughly captured by something in the snow.  My interest piqued, I quickened my pace.  “Papa!” I called, happily, in greeting.  It was only then that I saw what was nestled in the snow - birthday gifts. Beautiful charms, just like Papa’s, but these were for our family. There were charms for Papa, Mama, Virga, and Me made of glass that represented both the Edge and Grandmama. A wide smile broke out across my face and my eyes positively shone. 

“Oh Papa! Thank you!” I said, in the midst of throwing myself against his side.

v e s p e r
"because even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth"

image credit

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit