the Rift

[PRIVATE] fire escape

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

Another day brought another flight for the bluebird. Massive powerful wings pulled him through the skies as he surveyed the ground below – constantly trying to grasp his mind about this new land he had found himself in, mapping it out for future reference. Of course, also to avoid missing the chance of spotting his beloved sister out and about – yet the last time he had spoken to her they were surrounded by so many different faces. That was when she told him that the Elephant King lived within the lands of the Edge, and part of it began to bubble within him of frustration and perhaps a small amount of worry for his sister’s safety.

A soft sigh passed through his lips as he began his descent. The orangemoon cooling winds fluttering swiftly through his primaries as he drew closer to the surface of the earth much like the sun did at the moment. It painted the sky in many different colors, pinks and purples, reflecting on the pools he found himself landing in. He prepared himself for chilling waters, but a wonderful graceful landing provided the water was as deep as it looked from his distance. And when he reached the water, he landed in a massive splash. Still, like a duck he maintained his posture as he pulled his wings to his sides, lowering his ivory head into the water in an effort to clean the gritty sand from his face and navy neck.

He managed to get most of it out before lifting his head above the water once again, raising it high and shaking off most of the water, his short mane stuck up in random directions as he did so. Yet, Sunjata didn’t mind. There wasn’t anyone around he was trying to please – as far as he was concerned, if anyone had anything to say they were more than welcome to shove their comments where the sun didn’t shine.

"Talk."

We slipped into midnight
like the death of the sun.
img credits

@Saartjie

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Saartjie Posts: 11
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
ali

S A A R T J I E

Saartjie had not seen hide nor hair of her dearest older brother since the day on the beach when she'd told him that the Elephant General had made his home within the Edge's borders. She would have thought that that little tidbit of information would have made Sunjata seek her out and beg for her forgiveness and ask her to go to the Dragon's Throat with him. She was grossly disappointed when he didn't. What kind of brother would leave his darling baby sister in a place where the Elephant General ran wild?

A terrible, selfish, stupid brother, that's what kind.

She didn't need Sunjata, though. She wanted him, so she could live without him if she needed wanted to. No big deal. And besides, she had Graasovel hanging on her every word, which was nice. It reminded her of being back home in Dorobo where she had many more playthings besides her brother and the man she had been promised to.

A loud splash drew the mare's attention and she lifted her head and looked toward the pond. The stark blue of Sunjata's coat and wings stood out dramatically against the green background. Saartjie thought about leaving amd not gracing her brother with her presence at all, but then that wouldn't be any fun. Oh no, not when she could toy with him and then let him think she was leaving to go back to Gaal. That sounded like so much fun.

With her decision made, Saar approached the pond. She stopped at the very bank and she waited for Sunjata to lift his head from under the water. "Probeer om weg te was jou skande, lelike eendjie?" She called out when he lifted his head. "Jy dalk nodig jef om jouself te verdrink."

"."

Translation:
Probeer om weg te was jou skande, lelike eendjie - trying to wash away your shame, ugly duckling?
jy dalk nodig jef om jouself te verdrink - you might need to drown yourself

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
Cold, crippled and shallow
Don't leave me here again
img credits

@Sunjata

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

Jealousy did run deep with the prince, yet he did his best to understand. If Saar planned on living in the Edge, he was sure that if Graasvoel truly loved his sister that he’d do anything he could to protect her from the devils. And so, he didn’t worry too much. Instead, he did his best to have a career, something established for when his darling sister came crying back to his side. Yet, as his head lifted from the waters and he shook the liquid from his ears, a familiar voice called across the water in a snarky tone. His head swiveled to her, spotting her beautiful colored body among the shade of the trees. His legs began to take him closer to his sister, until his hooves reached solid ground and he was able to pull himself from the water’s edge with a smile to Saartjie.

Waarom die vyandigheid my pragtige duif?” He cooed to her, tilting his head as if he innocently didn’t know. Deep down, the blue bird knew the reasons. And after a few moments he sighed, a swift sound slipped past his ebony nostrils as he shook his head, the water dripping down his nose and along his chest. “Ek is jammer Saartjie.” He admitted to her, his head lowering to look upon the ground, but his gaze still flickered up to his sister to see what she would say. “I’ve gotten myself a job in the Throat. The equine proves to be more interesting than I originally expected.” He began, taking a few steps toward her.

His drenched wings left his sides to extend, aiming to embrace his sister but knowing that it would be far more difficult than he truly wanted it to be. “You, however, still seem to be in beautiful condition despite living among the Elephant General.” He added in, wondering if she thought that he had forgotten. “I hope if they were to try anything that Graasvoel would protect you – that’s why I haven’t come. I need to practice my skills before trying to take on the King.” He tried to explain, his wings still expanded and willing to embrace her if she so wished.

"Talk."

Waarom die vyandigheid my pragtige duif? - Why the harsh words my beautiful dove?
Ek is jammer Saartjie. - I'm sorry Saartjie.

We slipped into midnight
img credits

@Saartjie

Outcast
ali

S A A R T J I E

Saartjie held grudges. She remembered those that wronged her in any way, and she held grudges and Sunjata was not exempt from that even though he was her brother. So when he called her his beautiful love she snorted and rolled her eyes. "Ek is nie neer jou hoer suster?" She sneered. The look on her face spoke volumes. Yes, I remember what you called me. Add to that the fact that he had not played the role of her knight in shining armor and she was thoroughly disgusted and disappointed and had plenty to fuel her grudge.

But then he apologized, which wasn't anything new. He usually was the one to apologize first, even when Saar was the one in the wrong -- which was something she never admitted to. Thankfully for Sunjata, she typically forgave him when he apologized, which was the benefit of being her brother slash lover. No one else was afforded the same benefit.

Saartjie sighed dramatically, her head turning away from Sunjata as he spread his wings to embrace her. "You really hurt me, Jata." She murmured, only because she wanted to make her brother feel like a complete jerk. "You're supposed to protect me, not hurt me." She continued on, with the main goal of leaving her brother riddled with guilt for his action and inaction.

His proclamation that he'd gotten a job in the Dragon's Throat had the tiny made looking up at her brother. "A job?" He certainly had wasted no time in getting himself settled. She'd assumed that he would eventually come to the Edge looking for her, which again proved how wrong she was. She didn't like being wrong. She backed away, not allowing him to wrap his wings around her just yet.

"Graasovel..." She paused, thinking back to what the stallion had said when she'd been introduced to the Elephant General. "Says that the Elephant has done nothing to him." She said slowly, and while it was true that Gaal had been gone from Dorobo before the bulk of the fighting had reached them, his own kind had still suffered. "I think living here has made him soft." She said, her tone disapproving.

"Tell me, lief," The woman said. "Vertel my wat jy gaan doen om die koning."

"."

Translation:
ek is nie neer jou hoer suster - i am no longer your whore sister
lief - love
vertel my wat jy gaan doen om die koning - tell me what you're going to do to the king

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
img credits

@Sunjata

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

Sunjata physically flinched as the words he had hissed at her in his anger slipped from her lips. He shook his head again, sorrow lacing his movements as water continued to drip from his navy pelt. “Nee, babasussie.” He murmured, quiet but loud enough against the wind as it raced against the lake behind him. As she continued, her head turned away from his open wings, ready to embrace her. They dropped slightly, knowing that his words had hurt her, but he had also hurt him and he wasn’t sure if she understood that.

I was hurt too. Angry even. You know I never think straight like that.” He added, his gaze seeking her beautiful hues as his gruff voice lifted from his lips toward her. “I’m always going to protect you, whether I’m by your side or not Saar.” He noted with a small affirmative nod. “You can be sure that if anyone hurts you that I’ll bury them wherever you’d like.” He added in with a soft wink in an attempt to lighten the mood. However, his mention of a job seemed to capture her attention. She began to ponder though, and he wondered what it was that she could be thinking.

Graasvoel…” The words coming from his sister’s lips almost pained him to hear, but he refrained from showing it. Instead, his navy dipped ears perked forward to capture her words. And as she spoke of the Elephant General not doing anything to him, Sunjata wanted to snort and just see what the General had been up to for himself – yet his beloved sisters next set of words caused a smirk to grow across his lips. That disapproving tone always captivated him, of course when it was against others and not himself. “It may have. Tye het verander. Hulle merk tyd bomme.” He made sure to note, seeking her gaze again.

But then, he had captured her attention again at his mention of the downfall of the King. A grin crossed his lips as he stepped closer to her, his head aiming to brush against the colorful hue of her neck and withers. “Well, I’m going to start by becoming an amazing warrior.” He murmured to her. “Dan veroorsaak dat 'n afleiding van die kursus. En dan tref hom in sy huis so hy weet hoe dit voel.” Sunjata whispered as he grinned, a brilliant smile against his inky lips as he sought her gaze once again.

"Talk."

Nee babasussie. - no, baby sister.
Tye het verander. Hulle merk tyd bomme. - Times have changed. They are ticking time bombs.
Dan veroorsaak dat 'n afleiding van die kursus. En dan tref hom in sy huis so hy weet hoe dit voel. - Then, cause a diversion of course. And then strike him in his home so he knows what it’s like.

We slipped into midnight
img credits

@Saartjie

Outcast
ali

S A A R T J I E

He was hurt? What did he have to be hurt about?

Saartjie snorted, her eyes rolling as she listened to Sunjata. "And what were you hurt about?" She finally asked. "You treated me like shit the whole time we were traveling!" She still wasn't sure what it was she had done to make him so angry. Unless ... his anger was over being exiled, but if that were the case they were in the same boat and she had every right to be as angry as he was!

But Sunjata knew how to quell her anger just as much as he knew how to ignite it. His promise to be by her side and protect her drew her gaze back to her brother, the expression on her face softening. And, finally, she smiled. "Verskeie grafte." She said, because she had every confidence that her brother would tear whoever hurt her to pieces - if she didn't first. "Ek het jou lief." The colorful mare said as she finally stepped into her brother's embrace.

Saartjie frowned and stepped back when Sunjata agreed with her that life in Helovia may have made Graasovel soft, but she hadn't really expected him to defend the other stallion. She hoped that the same wouldn't happen to them. The idea of becoming fat and content and stagnant in a home that was so peaceful left a bitter taste in her mouth. "There's not much you can do with a soft stallion." She said, tone still disapproving. "They're terrible fighters and even worse lovers." Her head tilted, her expression practically screaming so don't you get soft as she looked at her brother knight.

Her neck arched as Jata stepped closer to her and her skin prickled as his muzzle brushed against her neck and withers. Her ears tilted forward and she listened to Sunjata as he laid out his plan of becoming an amazing warrior and striking the king in his home. "Maak hom smeek om genade." She purred. "Dan val op hom aan."

"."

Translation:
verskeie grafte - multiple graves
ek het hou lief - i love you
Maak hom sheek om genade - make him beg for mercy
Dan val op hom aan - then strike him down

Love left me hollow
I'm with you in the end
img credits

@Sunjata

S  U  N  J  A  T  A

She should have known the hurt that she had caused him. She should have known that she was supposed to kill Graasvoel – but instead, failed, and while everyone decided to flee from the inevitable, Sunjata resulted in stealing her away with him. That was the whole rhyme and reason to treating his beautiful sister like shit. To try and get her to understand what it felt like when he relied on her to get a job done, only to fail. Did she not love him as much as he thought she did?

And then it happened; she gave in. Moving closer into his embrace, he wrapped his wings around her tenderly and let his heavy head rub gently against her feathered withers. “Ek is lief vir jou ook.” He murmured into her colorful pelt before she stepped away. His azure gaze trailing her delicate dished features as she frowned as he agreed with her words. He didn’t let it bother him, instead finding his own frown on his lips as she spoke of lovers. He shook his head briefly, but as he laid out the plan he had for them here, he could tell that it wound her up. She was excited, and that’s all Sunjata could hope for. Something to win his sister back, to take her back to him instead of being in the clutches of the blood red vulture.

Still, he couldn’t stop from touching her. He approached and brushed his lips against her withers and spine, grumbling in agreement to her words. He would make the Elephant General apologize for his crimes, beg for mercy, and destroy him. But that was in the far future – a mere dream for the moment while he established himself. Though it was hard for him to continue to dream of such victories when he worried whether or not Saarjtie stood beneath the barrel of Gaal. The thought made him sick, and he stepped back from his sister for a few moments as he sought out her gaze. “Kom om die Throat met my.” He murmured to her, his eyes sparking a hopeful light as he waited. “I miss you Saartjie. You could stay with me. I could protect you. You’d be happy there.” His words were laced with a good amount of begging. He needed her by his side.

"Talk."

Ek is leif vir jou ook. - I love you too.
Kom om die Throat met my. - Come to the Throat with me.

We slipped into midnight
img credits

@Saartjie