the Rift

[OPEN] mending the broken [HEALER MEETING]

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The days after the meeting in which Persephone was named Earth Medic drag. To her eye, it appears that there is little to do and plenty of time in which to do it. There is no one in immediate need of her services, no one on whom she can test her newfound powers (and, she must admit, she is quite anxious to try them out!). Even her fellow healers seem to be making themselves scarce. A small, insecure part of her has given rise to a nasty voice in the back of her mind. They just don’t like you, it smirks. They don’t want you and they certainly don’t need you.

But the mare feels certain that this cannot be so. After all, did she not have a perfectly lovely afternoon with Zekle and Lotherarius? And, besides, that she has Alecto now. The little kitsune is curled at her feet, enjoying an afternoon nap. Persephone might have joined her, but she is restless. Surely there is something to be done in this silent winter!

The coming of Frostfall has brought a surge of frigid air and gusting winds, but today, the sun has made a rare appearance. And so the sunset mare wanders, her movement waking Alecto and inviting the mischievous fox along for an adventure. Ever the explorer, the little creature darts ahead, scampering in and out of snow-covered bushes, pouncing here and there on low-hanging branches to watch the white powder go flying.

With a smile and a shake of her head, Persephone presses on until she finds herself in a small clearing. Beneath the snow, she knows that an abandoned garden lies dormant. A thoughtful frown crosses her maw; could she clean the garden, even in Frostfall? Perhaps if she is diligent, she will be able to prepare it for the spring season.

A brief, sweet call emerges then: “Healers, I request your presence in the garden!” Would they hear her? More importantly, would they join her?

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Adria @Apollo @Brendan @Milo @Ultima

Meeting for healers, please attend! :3 I think I got all of our healer ranks but if I missed someone or if you want to be a healer please jump right in!
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
With all her garden plans put on hold until the thaws of Birdsong, the only thing Ultima had to cultivate during the winter months was resilience. Everything troubled her – the stillness troubled her, the cold, and the lack of color, the lack of agency. Like a summer bird left behind when the flock took off for the south, there was only a very fine line separating her from cabin fever, and she fought it as assiduously as she could, given the circumstances. 

It was a grueling routine. She got up as early as she could bare, stretching her creaky wings and rousting a miserable Snapdragon from his warm-weather dreams. “Come now, don’t go thinking you’re the only one suffering here— I’d certainly love to have my own flying feather bed and don’t get me started on—” By then the sun had pervaded the air some. After clearing the snow that had accumulated on her doorstep, Ultima would survey their little corner of the Falls for developments – maybe the weasel that lived under some nearby tree stump, or the fat squirrels skittering in the branches – before steeling herself for take-off. She'd learned very quickly that as cold as it was on the earth, the air was far worse, especially generating her own wind-chill. 

But pumping her wings, skirting close to the sun, and peering down at the world below, it was never quite so bad; there was a certain thrill in the rush of blood, the expansion and contraction of the young muscle, a certain freedom defying the biting Frostfall air. Snapdragon clinging tightly to her withers, they toured the south coast for most of their mornings before returning at noon for healing business. 

Today had actually been borderline lovely, if a bit glaring. No clouds, no snow, just clear sailing all the way to the Endless Blue, where the warm waves and the sea breeze perked the senses. There was some forgiveness in the wind, too; their loop back to the Falls was almost leisurely, watching the winter wonderland beneath them unfold like a map as they coasted north. Ultima had just begun a lazy downward spiral when Snapdragon’s ears perked, his little face turning to the side. 

“Who’s that? Calling healers? Do you suppose someone’s hurt?”

Landing in a soft burst of white, the pair picked the rest of the way on foot, weaving through the trees and glorying in the fine weather. 

“Hallo! Need healing, or? Oh— ” Ultima cocked her head, smiling faintly in recognition. “You’re … Cora, isn’t it? Is that right?” One of the other two Medics, if her memory served – Orangemoon felt like some manner of years long gone, and she really hadn’t had many interactions with the other healers since their promotions at the meeting. 

“Something on your mind?”
a tattoo of a flower on her broken wrist
eternityspool!

BLECH sorry for the wait!! @persephone
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!