the Rift

[OPEN] coming home [welcoming!]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
“Yes! I was a Moon Doctor, I’ve only become queen a short time ago - Elsa stepped down.” Alysanne explained to Glacia as she shifted her stance and turned so that they might travel together back to the Edge. She’d welcome any questions that the spotted mare had on the matter - herd life was constantly in flux and a lot could change in a short time!

Alysanne wasn’t sure if this really counted as a successful recruit, considering Glacia had already been a member of the Edge and was intending to return there anyway, but she was going to take it. Finally! A trip to the Threshold that wasn’t a failure! It was bound to happen eventually - considering how she had lived in the Edge now for four and a half years!

How it had already been that long baffled her but at the same time it felt as though she had lived through a lifetime since she had shown up in the Threshold herself.

But she shook her head of those thoughts and passed the travel time peacefully with Glacia. Having someone else with her was an incredible distraction for her own thoughts - something Aly felt like she sorely needed.

Hemlock flew alongside them until he grew tired and returned to his second-favourite spot: the crook on Aly’s back formed by her’s wings when they were folded at her sides. As a mare, Glacia was instinctively trusted by the little misandrist owl and did not require constant observation.

Before too long, they arrived - the border of the Edge looking much as the same as it always did, except for the metal gate that was useless for the time being (without those strange spikes Tembovu was set upon installing).

“Welcome home, Glacia.” Aly smiled brightly at the other mare, continuing to walk at a steady pace as she crossed the Edge’s border. Without a destination in mind now that they had arrived, her gait was an easy stroll. “The Moon Doctors now are Evangeline, Tilney, and Lyanna. Did you get to meet any of them the last time you were here?”
alysanne

welcoming thread for @Glacia <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

So the queen had indeed been a moon doctor, and then Elsa had stepped down. So Tembovu was still king? Unless he wasn't. But I had a suspicious feeling none had coaxed the Elephant from his throne. But I wondered if his herd of children had grown.

I liked Alysanne, she was kind as we made our way from the Threshold, and I felt she would certainly make a wonderful Queen, as she was still new. Elsa had been a warrior, and so maybe we needed a healer in a position of power... Someone in touch with peace. However only time would tell if she would have the backbone and strength for the hard decisions. Hopefully we would avoid war.

It wasn't long before we reached the Edge. My eyes studied, but nothing seemed exceptionally new, except a gate, with no walls. My brow raised while looking at it, but I eventually turned my eyes away and followed the Queen within the borders.

"Welcome home, Glacia."

My eyes lifted to look at Alysanne and I smiled for the warm welcome. "The Moon Doctors now are Evangeline, Tilney, and Lyanna. Did you get to meet any of them the last time you were here?” I listened, watching the Queen and her companion. "Not formally no, but I saw them at the few meetings I attended. Tilney is the golden stallion who bears a tree marking, yes? I would love to officially meet them, and begin to learn from them."

What could I do with magic to heal anyways? So many things. I wondered... If maybe I could tell if something was wrong with a child still in the womb... Could I heal that? Save another from the pain I had gone through with Vidar? I wanted to know, I wanted to learn. I yearned for it. Maybe, just maybe I could save some from a horrible fate. "Thank you very much Alysanne for welcoming me back. It means a great deal. If I might ask, have you seen a young hybrid colt? He looks a great deal like me, but with turquoise eyes, and more white.. His name is Kvasir. He is my son." Hope filled my eyes. I could never make up to him what I had done. The neglect I had done, but I could try harder. I could try to mend things with him. "I just hoped me might have returned here."

"talk talk talk talk "

@Alysanne @Sacre

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
Nearing the border of his home, the fox-boy gave in to a large yawn as he returned back from another adventure into the Wilds, looking for new friends and old alike, as well as his pesky brother who never seem to want to appear. The only places Sacre could think of looking now were the other herd lands, but he needed an excuse to go other than just to ask about his twin and then just leave. It didn't help that the horses he had asked didn't know anything about him... Maybe he wasn't in Helovia at all anymore. Maybe he had left, maybe he had found father... Or Nao. Sacre hadn't seen Nao since he was a child. It appeared the branches of the Nightshade family were slowly disappearing, apart from himself and his half-brother, Mesec... Plus his children. 

His children. 

For some reason, Sacre still thought it was strange, a good strange, but odd to see his sibling with kids. Odd that that might make him an Uncle. That he was that old to be an Uncle. Maybe he should be having kids too, but he had only ever loved Tandavi and he hadn't yet had the chance to tell her. Fate cruelly didn't want to align for him when it came to the beautiful golden Fire Dancer.

As he approached the area around the new iron gate, that Sacre thought looked rather cold and uninviting, which might be the point, he wasn't alone in his arrival. One familiar and one not so had arrived before him. "Hey Alysanne" he called out to the Queen, as if she was his buddy or something, and shot his trademark smile towards her companion. The fox-boy didn't recognise her, but the unicorn looked vaguely familiar. Maybe it was because she looked like an inside out Mauja... Like he'd woke up one day and put his spots on backwards. 

Inari and Ríona were by his forelegs, staring up at the newcomer curiously before looking for Hemlock, the Queen's companion. "Are you new here?" Sacre asked curiously, kindly, wondering if the Devoted had brought another friend back from the Threshold with her. 

"I'm Sacre, a Nurse" he finally introduced.

On the day that you were born the angels got together,
and decided to create a dream come true

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
Alysanne nodded her confirmation that Tilney was the one with a tree marking. Hopefully Glacia would soon get the chance to meet all of the Moon Doctors properly, and her fellow healers as well. It would be good to get the ranks back into normal working order, though Frostfall somewhat dampened the effectiveness of any herb gathering. Their greenhouse wasn’t quite finished yet so they could not store anything they gathered further south for very long.  

After thanking her for welcoming her back to the Edge, Glacia asked a question that Aly would never wish on a fellow mother - whether she had seen her son. There had been far too many missing foals lately. One was too many.

It was with a terrible pang that Alysanne knew she did not recognize the description or name that Glacia gave her about her son - it did not even sound faintly familiar. “I’m afraid I haven’t, I’m sorry. But I promise I’ll keep my eyes open for him, here and throughout Helovia. My sister Iona has been having the sneaks of the herd conduct searches for a few of our other members that are lost - I’ll give your son’s name and description to her as well.” It was all that she could think to do and it might not be much but surely it was something. If her son were young and missing (instead of being fully grown and presumably living his life happily away from her), she thought that maybe she would feel a little better knowing there were more eyes out there helping with the search. “I hope we will find him for you soon.” She reached out to gently touch the shoulder of the other mare in a comforting gesture. It would be nothing, she knew, in place of the son that she had lost but it was all Alysanne could do right in these moments.

Her attention was drawn away then by a familiar voice heralding her in a cheerful, friendly manner. Her green eyes quickly found the approaching stallion. How fortuitous that they would all be arriving at the Edge at the same time! “Sacre! How wonderful to see you.” And it truly was, she felt more relaxed around the friendly stallion - his easy smiles coaxing a similar one onto her face. She gestured to the mare at her side with a bright grin, happy that one of Glacia’s fellow healers was here to help welcome her back into the herd. “This is Glacia, she’s a newly returned member who will also be joining our healing ranks.” Hopefully Glacia wouldn’t mind Aly making the introductions for her, but she fell quiet then - letting the spotted mare say anything else that she wished.
alysanne

@Glacia