the Rift

[OPEN] waiting for the right mind to drive insane [nephele]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
One by one, they trickled away, none of them seeming entirely satisfied with the results of their impromptu meeting. Sohalia watched them go with a heavy heart. They were so divided, so broken – how was she going to fix it? How were any of them going to fix it? Their herd was scared, terrified of a future without the protection of the WildFire, without the safety that they had come to take for granted. Had any of them every thanked him? Was that guilt and that grief perhaps what drove them to each other’s throats now?

The numbness that surrounded her heart on most days (a defensive mechanism, no doubt, without which the dove might have fallen apart long ago) was only a thin veneer now, waiting for the last piercing arrow to shatter her illusion of control. There was only sadness and anger upon their sands, accompanied only by a hopelessness that things would get better. They had raised a Church and put her Academy in motion, and yet the mare could not deny that their warriors were lacking, their spies were useless, and their healers were non-existent. What use was it to build the ranks of their seers and crafters if all that they created was only going to be taken or destroyed?

Still, Sohalia could not condone an entirely militaristic leadership. Diplomacy had worked before, and she had no doubts that it would continue to work now. She and Gaucho had made quite the pair, once upon a time; as Sultan, he had made their warriors strong, while as Sultana, she had brokered their alliances and spoken hope into their people. The longing for those days left a pit in her stomach now, when they were so far removed from that reality.

Spotting Nephele’s retreating back, the Transcended was struck by a sudden impulse; darting forward at a springy trot, she danced across the sands that separated her from the dark warrior. “Nephele!” she called, hoping that the other mare would heed her voice. Despite their disagreements at the meeting, Sohalia held no ill will for the mare; if anything, she thought that perhaps they had a great deal to talk about when it came to improving the herd. Catching up, a question fell from her lips: “May I have a moment?”

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova
can you hear the sabers rattling

The meeting had not exactly gone to plan, though it was not entirely unexpected that the call to action had be rebuked and earned the skepticism of her fellow herdmates, she had bore no ill toward them. Still, in her heart, there was a part which whispered that if they had been so discontent, so active in other divisions and so tired of the inactivity — why had they not spoken up sooner? why had they not already voiced the discontent and will which she had done? why had they not rallied around and formulated a plan of action and informed everyone else of their plans and what they had achieved in the droning silence?

Gaucho had left a gaping, smouldering wound in many hearts — including her own. Not to the degree of Sohalia or Ampere, his Khaleesi's of the Great Sands now widowers left to tend to their children and pick up the pieces of shattered lives. He had been great, fearsome and all consuming, and while his rugged wild beauty had not been lost on her, he had saved her once. He had chased after her would-be captor, stepped to her defense, he had fought in her stead and won. It was nothing romantic, she was not blind, but the awe and deep sense of debt she had felt, the respect had burned from her pelt in great rolling waves of fire. Then, the one confusing and exhilerating moment of passion they had when patrolling the flats had yielded the birth of her daughters. She mourned for them, she had seen silver and lavender eyes fill with sadness and remorse, the longing for a father who their first memory of was his last.

One thing she understood, at least, would be that Guacho would of not wanted them to linger and mourn for him. Would not want to be his death the reason they stagnated and floundered like drowning horses washed out to sea with scorched wings and anchor chained hearts. It left a sour taste in her mouth that this might be the excuse, or the reason some had, to simply drift in the breeze.

She had understood their skepticism, to a degree, why snap teeth and step on the one pegasus that had for no selfish gain and ill will, showed initiative and willingness to bring them back up from the depths? They wanted a new era, they required balance and they valued those stood up and wanted to prove their mettle — why did they go back to someone who had their time in the dazzling rays of the Gods Favor and the Herds Loyalty. She bore no ill will for Sohalia, one could not be condemned if they were not know personally. If everyone required credentials and a long list of achievements before they stepped on their founding road to greatness, she'd wager that not many would be where they were today. Herds would have never truly gotten off the ground, things would not have been built or decided. They had been given a chance, equines throughout Helovia had been given a chance despite their lack of greatness.

Nephele had stood unyielding despite everything thrown her way, had stood with her head held high and her heart and mind open — not broken and gaping — and had taken everything in stride. Now, as the crowds dispersed and the sun made way for his sister, she too ushered off her young ones to the safety of their nest for the night. Byron already a blackened silhouette whose showing off yielded him little more than an embarrassed squawk as he failed to glide up the dunes as his mother did. "Careful, I will not be digging you out of a dune, again." She called ahead, amusement woven tight into her words. "You nearly gave your brother a heart attack."

Nephele.

Ears flicked back as her step faltered, the voice still rang hot in her pierced ears. She turned as she drew to a stop, mismatched eyes settled on Sohalia's advancing frame with a curious glimmer within the jewels. She asked for a moment, and the Warrioress considered briefly what there was to talk about. A lot, she imagined, they had stood on opposite sides of the board but were united in their love and determination to care for the land and members they called home and family. "Of course." Briefly, her head turned back to her foals. "Byron, take Jude back to the nest." Her tone was authoritative but warm, the boy gave her a quizzical look but decided not to press it like he usually did, and after the colts had disappeared over the top of the dune, she returned her attention to the pale mare.

"What do you need?" She asked, not botheried to hide her curiosity on the matter of why she was being stopped. Instead, she settled into a patient silence to allow the other to speak, patience which she hadn't possessed until lately, and she had her children to thank for that.

Talk Talk Talk

damned if i didn't
demand that they sing
Art Credit

@Sohalia

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Sohalia
the Transcended
“What do you need?”

Much to the dove’s relief, there was no animosity in the curious tones of the darker mare. She knew many, even some within this herd, that would have viewed her interruption and the support given to her in the meeting as an affront. It seemed that Nephele was not going to be like that, and her estimation of the warrior mare, already high, rose further. Pleased to have been received kindly rather than rebuffed in her advances, Sohalia cast a pleasant smile at the retreating backs of the children before turning her bi-colored gaze to the Guardian. Now that she was here, confronting whatever had happened moments before at the meeting, she found that she didn’t know quite what to say. Or, perhaps more accurately, where to start.

“It was very admirable, what you did,” she settled on after a moment’s pause, “calling the herd together to discuss the inadequacies that you see.” If only the darker mare had been more focused on the herd as a whole rather than just the places where they were lacking, then she might have found Sohalia behind her rather than opposing her. C’est la vie. In any case, the pale lady wanted to reach out, to get opinions and ideas to work together for the betterment of the herd. Surely Nephele would be the best place to start, seeing as how she was the first voice to raise in that regard? “As I said, I don’t think we’ve been entirely stagnant, but our militaristic edge is, as you have pointed out, waning. That is not our way. It was not Gaucho’s way, nor Kri’s or Midas’s before him.” So many strong leaders, gone, cast away to the winds as suddenly as her beloved Khal.

“I – well, I’m no warrior, I think everyone knows that; but even in diplomacy it helps to have strength to aid your position.” Once upon a time, she had been the one to temper Gaucho’s strength. She could do that again for whoever led their herd’s military side, if they would only offer her the chance. There was so much they could do, so much they could bring to the metaphorical table, so much more than simple brawn. But so too was it true that they would not get very far without the muscle that they were beginning to lose. “It is my opinion that we should be working together to that end. So, how would you go about strengthening our ranks, were it up to you? I believe we could all use good counsel in that regard.”

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
Sohalia
Image Credits
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Such was the way of the world, and such was the way of the Dragon's Throat. They were built upon the backs of sweat and blood, tempered with fire and haloed by the sun. It would be too much, and too arrogant to believe that one could merely swan in and stake claim. That was why she had called the meeting, to drum up support and prove that she had the metal and the guts to be the roaring voice which struck out when words could no long satisfy. Balance was always needed and balance had been broken. While her opinion of the champagne Sultana had dwindled to a paltry offering of tolerance. She had been raised to be the diplomat, the Sun had chosen to elect her for the lack of warrior's bones which her flesh clung to. A healing light, as she had said — Sikeax had gone against the very reason the Sun had blessed her with a crown. It had been all too convenient for her to reappear at that moment after such a long winded absence without reason, too convenient to cast her mantle aside and take up the one that was empty. It was definitely convient for the Unicorn to try and unceremoniously remove the only one that had spoken up and dared to call her into question without owning up for her crimes. 

Sohalia hadn't earned the ire, and the disdain which Nephele treated those who had earned it with a pitiful tolerance level.

"It had to be done." She responded with a roll of her feathered shoulders, it should of been done sooner. Alas, she may have had, if life had not took her down the road to motherhood. An ironic thought is spared to the wingless gladiator, who dared to call her absence from the arena into question and further still her absence from the Threshold. If he looked past the end of his own nose, he might've seen the babes she had at foot, and the last lingering curvature which clung her hardened muscles — indications that she had been with child. Even then, without her appearance in the arena, it had remained empty because he had perhaps spent too much time on the mainland and the threshold — and had little to show for it for either of it. "No one else had dared, or had the courage to do so." The darker mare added after a moment of silence, her wings shuffled neatly at her sides. Sohalia's words at them not being as stagnant as she had said drew her maw into a thin line, but rather than let her voice cut across, she allowed her to finish.

"We are only as strong as our weakest link. We prided ourselves upon all that we achieved, and our military prowess." She began, a snorted sigh vibrated gently against the ring which decorated her nostrils. "I mean no ill will to yours nor our diviners efforts, though a quiet progression is no progression at all. We are not more wholesome for a church nor an academy which we know nothing about until we stumble upon it, or if it is a foot note in a passing conversation. How are all supposed to know what is happening, when those who are acting do not speak up and declare that there is movement? How are we supposed to protect that which is being built upon, when there is no one to guard it? We are stagnant, not to an extent where all is stopped. But enough that most are blind and unknowing." A nod is added that it was not Gaucho's nor their way, to see all which they and those that came before had worked so hard to raise up. "It is not just our warriors who are suffering. There have been thieves who have crossed our borders and made off with trinkets, our items are unguarded and there was not the sleuths to stop them, nor the fire power to catch them if they had been caught. It is also the healers as well. There are no healers blessed with the sun's magic, and there are wounded in the throat. We cannot have our warriors, what little there is, patrolling and fighting if there is no healers to bolster them."

Nephele stopped herself after that, a twinge of emotion bleeding through which surprised herself. A gentle emotion, not of her usual self. Not one she would share normally. "How are mares supposed to give birth without the knowledge that there will be someone to help them, if something goes wrong? You are a mother, no?" The question is peppered even more with it, a mother looking for another who did not only have themselves to look out for, but the future of those who would walk after they had gone to the beyond. "I prayed to the Sun God both times I was with child, and he saw it fit to deliver my children safe to me. What if he had not answered my prayers? There were no healers at my side when my daughters were born, perhaps it was because their father was beloved of the Sun that they pulled through, I do not know. What I do know was I delivered them alone. The ranks were barren when my sons came into the world. I ask myself, what would have happened if something had gone wrong then? I would buried my children, and perhaps myself would of perished."

A breath is let out that she hadn't realized she had been holding, held to fight back and supress the onslaught of feelings which assaulted her. The warrioress' head lifted higher then, long trailing tail lashed as it coiled around her hooves. A blooming flower of fire within her chest burned brighter as she looked Sohalia in the eyes. "It is not our way to be so broken, I agree." Broken off to utter a laugh when the pale woman admitted she was not a warrior. "Perhaps you are not, but it can never hurt to be wise on how to defend and escape your opponents, no? In the coming days, I would be welcome to spar with you." It is offered with a small smile, the corners of her war painted lips turned upwards enough to make a difference.

Sohalia's words that they should be working together hit a chord with her, not a chord of displeasure, but one of intrigue. Why shouldn't they work together? Just as she had stopped to listen to the pale mare for the fact they both wanted the same thing. Why couldn't they put their minds together and put a plan into action. "I would suggest appointing new healers first, not only so that our warriors can do their job without worrying if they can or can not treat the wounds sustained, but for the health of the herd in general. We are strong, but we are not made of stone or iron. Then, we look at getting our Gladiator to focus upon training his warriors, rather than spending his time upon the mainland and in the threshold. He is wasted there when he has duties here that he should be attending to. It's no good bringing, or trying, to bring home new family members if we cannot protect them." Her voice is laced with determination as she listed the suggestions off to the other mare, her odd eyes alight and glittering. "We need to be assigned sparring partners, so that our arena is put to good use, so we may brush the rust from our bones. Bolster and strengthen what little of us the Throat has at her disposal, before we recruit and train more. It would be unwise to inflate the ranks when there is already a red flag waving above our heads. It would also be a good point to send out patrols again, what little warriors we have can be spared to high interest lands with those patrolling. There is a creature lurking in the deeps. I have seen it, and I know not if it is benevolent or if it wishes us the ill fate the Rift Gods did. I would not have us unaware in case it is like them."

Talk Talk Talk

damned if i didn't
demand that they sing
Art Credit

@Sohalia

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett

Sohalia
the Transcended
If she were to pick out one perceived weakness in the mare before her, it might have been impatience. As Sohalia listened, she felt as though Nephele was pinpointing problem upon problem, all of which should have been fixed yesterday. The dove had lived here long enough to know that it rarely worked that way; no, it took time to grow and rebuild, especially after the death of their Sultan, the departure of some of their warriors, and the recent influx of new life within their land. Yes, they were more exposed than what they had been in recent history; but they would rebuild. They would rise again. Whatever had been stolen, they would find again. They would prove their strength time and again, as they had for years.

"Your points are valid," she agreed as Nephele took a breath, adding with a smile, "but you didn't need me to tell you that. A question, if I may: how are thieves coming into our land without a key?" She had finally realize what needled her so badly about this particular issue. How would thieves be sneaking into their herd unless they had somehow stolen a key, or were a pegasus? If they were a pegasus, they would have been welcomed by the laws of the herd; if they had stolen a key... The thought made her blood run cold. Either way, something had gone terribly wrong if items had been stolen from their very own sands. "Do we know who the thieves are?" Her voice had taken on a new urgency, a new steel-tipped edge. Whatever her background, she would not sit idly by while their basic rights were treated so haphazardly by outsiders.

"Healers are often named by the Sun; perhaps He has a reason for not gifting someone with His touch yet." Her voice took on a more musing quality as the conversation shifted. "I have needed a healer on more than one occasion with my own children; we are lucky to be going into the winter, I suppose. Many fewer foals are born, this time of year." Of course, her own daughter had been born in the throes of Frostfall, and both she and Aleta had almost died for it. They needed a healer, and soon. "But you're right, we are in desperate need." She sighed. "I will seek out Maren. As our Diviner, perhaps she will be able to offer some guidance to our herd in this matter, or, if we are lucky, she can name a Sun Physician."

When Nephele offered to spar with her, the pale lady cracked a wan smile. "Yes, I'm clearly cut out for such a life," she said teasingly, cocking her head to show off her tattered ear, still only partially cleaned. Her gait, too, would have bespoken her lingering soreness. "If you have tips, I would be glad to hear them. I have found myself defenseless one too many times as the years have gone by." She tried not to think about her kidnapping. What would have happened to her if she hadn't managed to break free? She'd have been dragged back to her homeland to be a slave for some foreign stallion, never to see Gaucho or their children again, much less the rest of her family in the Throat. She shuddered.

At long last, when Nephele's suggestions had run dry, Sohalia hummed her approval. The thoughts were good ones, no matter who would be the one to set them in motion. "We need better hierarchies," she commented, half thinking aloud. "Our Gladiator - and the other top ranks - should be delegating tasks and teaching their groups appropriately. We've lost the ability to do that, it seems." After a moment's silence, in which the dove lost herself in thought, she added, "We should be working to put plans such as these in motion. Perhaps we should assign the Threshold as one of our usual patrols. Then it will not fall to one or two individuals to find new members. As for those of us here -" her gaze sharpened then, settling on the darker mare, "- we should be working together." Her eyes asked the question that her mouth did not: are we in this together, you and I?

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
Sohalia
Image Credits

Neph herself wouldn't have called herself impatient, in the first rolling weeks of silence which had followed after Sikeax's ascension to Sultana, she might have owned being thought of as impatient. She had been chomping at the bit, despite finding herself pregnant and now responsible for four lives, to get back into the heat of things. The Guardian had expected the new leader to take everything firmly within her hooves and own it, she had been given a task so great that she could have done brilliant things for them. True, she had been confused at first, when the news had reached her ears of the Sun appointing a Healer in the wake of a strong ruling pair of Warriors. She hadn't questioned it further, however, she had trusted that the God had seen something in the mare that made her worthy. Instead, it seemed Sikeax had crumbled and withered, and so had many things in her wake.

If she had to declare herself anything, if she had to pin a glaring red marker on what her emotions accumulated into at this moment. It was sick and tired, frustrated and annoyed.

"It never hurts to know that another agrees with you." She retorted with a rasped laugh, odd coloured eyes glimmered with mirth at her words, but the light was soon lost when asked how these thieves had intruded upon their members and made off with their belongings. "The honest answer? I do not know." She admitted with a sour look upon her chiselled features. "As to the identity of the thieves, that is something I don't know either. The lack of knowing infuriates me. Opportunists maybe? They could wait until we are no longer in the Throat, or maybe they do have a key? There have been departures from the Throat how have keys in their possession no doubt. Our lack of Sleuths until recently and interactions with other herds have left us without knowledge of who or what to look out for." The more she spoke about it, the more her features became dark and storm ridden. She disliked the casual, even flirty disposition some in Helovia had toward the slippery profession. "Miseal has vanished, though we now have Ophelia to help keep our belongings safe, I fear that with Gaucho passing, it has invited thieves and kidnappers to dream of taking from us once more." It's an honest observation followed by her best guess as to why their items were now being picked at. Gaucho had charged like a comet composed of the sun's flames toward those who had tried and failed, to retake and remind them that to take from them. It had screamed stealing would not be met with complacency in the desert sands, now he was gone, and likely the news had spread that the Wildfire burned no more by now — they were taking their chance.

"I would like to know that reason, but I have a feeling he would not tell me, even if I asked." She's amused by the idea, at least, that there could of been a reason why the Sun hadn't bestowed his healing touch. It was a stretch, their ranks were barren. What good would it do to leave his patron herd injured and to the elements? "Still, it's not a pleasant chance we are forced to take, even with the odds stacked that there will be few born this season." Foals were going to be born, and she'd feel better about it that their was healing aid available to them and their mothers. "May I come along, when you seek Maren out? I would like to hear her guidance and advice as well. "

"Ah, that is but a graze! It will heal, and the soreness will fade. The path to becoming a warrior, or learning to defend yourself is not an easy one. I can make a warrior of you yet, Sohalia. If not, then at least I can teach you how to kick them in the mouth and make a run for it." She chuckled, the brightness back within her eyes once more. In all honesty, she's glad for the easiness of the conversation despite the severity of some parts, they have not traded blows nor taken to spitting verbal warfare. If anything, she's truly glad that there is another amidst all the bad which has now descended upon them, that wanted to lift them up into the light once more.

Sohalia's hummed approval only added to the ease, and the idea that the two of them could work together well. She had listened, and appeared to have taken everything on board while quickly formulating answers and suggestions of her own. All of which, Nephele too uttered her own noise of agreement. "Indeed, they are needed to lead and tutor their assigned ranks. They need to be focused upon that first and foremost, it is a shame that it isn't at the front of their minds anymore." If they slacked, then they all would pay for it, however big or minor the fault lines would be. The state of the Warriors was a testament to that. "That would be ideal, to have a patrol dedicated to recruiting and keeping newcomers safe when coming into Helovian lands. Maybe it would be a point to pair members up in patrols permanently, rather than changing every season. It would allow them to get to know each other, the land and any oddities that may or may not appear since the last time they visited. Oddities those that are not familiar with the land would pass over without knowing the significance." The tone changed soon enough, the pale mare appeared to steel herself within her gaze as her own gold and icy hued orbs met them in return. We should be working together, yes they should, the answer is a whispered ghost in her mind at first — her own eyes alight as it took root. Yes we should be, her eyes replied before her maw parted to confirm their fiery response. "We will do great things for the Dragon's Throat, together."

Talk Talk Talk

damned if i didn't
demand that they sing
Art Credit

@Sohalia

― Terry Pratchett

Sohalia
the Transcended
Nephele's ideas were all good ones, and a small part of Sohalia was almost sad that the herd had reacted so strongly against her. The Transcended knew all too well what it was like to be pregnant, how much time it took to care for a nursing foal. So, too, could she understand how much time it took to hone one's body into a warrior mold. Pregnancy made a mare soft and fat - how many times had she looked at her own reflection and winced? - and fighting required one to be hard and muscled. Sohalia would never fit that mold, but Nephele had once and would again.

"We need to find out who's been stealing from us, if we can. If we can compile a list of what's been stolen, maybe we can speak to the rightful owners of the objects for more information. Where was it last? Did they see anyone around? That sort of thing. Our own sneaks can then arrange to take the item back, or our warriors can fight for it." Why would someone be stealing from them? Was it simply bad luck - their members had things that other horses wanted, and so they became targets? Or was it a more concerted effort upon the Throat as a whole? "Maybe we can send diplomatic envoys to the other herds. I wouldn't want them to know of our current state -" she made a face at that, "- but we should reaffirm any alliances, in any case. It could be... carefully suggested that if a thief belongs to one of our allied herds, we will no longer have an alliance.*"

The name Ophelia was only vaguely familiar - perhaps the mare had expressed interest in the Academy at some point in time? - but it made the pale lady feel better to know that someone was making efforts to deter thieves. Without a strong band of warriors, and with so many children about, they needed a strong Sleuth to help protect them. If Sohalia could put a bubble around their little island to protect all of the inhabitants of the Throat and repel outsiders, she would. Suddenly, she understood why Sikeax had been so concerned about the Unbound. Even so, they needed far more information on that front.

"Of course," she replied. "Maren is the voice of our God; hers is the guidance we should seek most frequently. I am certain that she would enjoy the opportunity to offer her wisdom to you as well." A smile appeared on the dove's face. "And I'm sure that it would put your mind at ease, if she were to have a name for our new Physician, whomever that may turn out to be."

On the subject of fighting, Nephele earned a true laugh, the first that Sohalia could remember in recent times. In the weeks since Gaucho's passing, she had been heartbroken, numb in an attempt to ignore the pain that threatened to destroy her. Only the thought of building his herd - his legacy - and raising their last child kept her from simply collapsing into herself and giving up. In all that time, she could remember only one chuckle, and that was given to Ampere. Nothing was like the full-bellied laugh that erupted now. "Oh, if you could make me a warrior, you could make the sun rise in the west and set in the east!" she giggled after calming herself. "But I would appreciate any advice you can give, all the same. I do not wish to be defenseless, should the time ever come that I must fight. Once I have healed, a sparring partner would be much appreciated."

It seemed that they were in agreement on how to move forward with the warriors, though in truth it would be Volterra to truly put any plans into action. Sohalia nodded along as Nephele spoke, pausing to regard the darker mare seriously for a moment before speaking again. "You know... it is our Gladiator's job to do most of this organization, but a few helpful suggestions among the ranks would not go amiss," she said thoughtfully. "Invite another warrior out on a patrol. See if you can't find signs of this newcomer - Kisamoa, I believe his name is. The cousin of the Earth God, I believe he said - he came up out of the water and said he was here to fix the Veins of the Gods."

She frowned. "He seems harmless enough, but... well, finding out more wouldn't hurt. Remember to report your findings to Volterra - I wouldn't want to undermine his authority, but taking the initiative to find things on your own..." Maybe they would have supported you, if you'd done this before. The Transcended wasn't trying to step on any toes - in fact, everything about her facial expression betrayed just how earnest she was in her suggestions. "I could accompany you, if you don't mind how useless I'd be in a fight." Again, that rare grin appeared. She truly did want to work together, and it seemed that Nephele did, too.

"Making suggestions - setting up a better hierarchy - filling our ranks - it will all take time. I'm glad that we will be facing these tasks together."

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Nephele
*Assuming that Soh wins lead in the other thread and has the right to make these kinds of suggestions/decide about alliances. Otherwise ignore this line.
Sohalia
Image Credits