the Rift

three fucks to give and they're all hers

Huldra Posts: 7
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 h :: 6
Sigrún :: European Adder :: None Laine

“I can’t believe you crashed the ship!” the mare snapped suddenly in the direction of both the stallions she traveled with. This wasn’t the first time she’d brought it up, and usually she wasn’t one to complain more than once, but this was the first time their drunken antics had landed her in some unknown forest trudging through a sudden snowfall. Perhaps the weather had been partially to blame when their ship had been dashed on the rocks a week ago but Huldra couldn’t help but remember them arrogantly waving away her warnings when she’d told them not the steer while at that level of intoxication, or when she had pointed out the stormclouds on the horizon. So she blamed them, both of them, and with nothing else to focus on but the miserable weather and her own discomfort she gave into the temptation of temper.

She practically fumed and it was obvious across every inch of her masterfully expressive form: legs lifting a little higher, neck arched a little more and tail twitching back and forth like an angry cat. But she kept walking, despite the cold white that fell heavily upon her back and crept up her pasterns and with a pointed glance behind her every so often kept them walking too; gods knew if she didn't the ungrateful lumps would likely let themselves be buried in snow and stay there until spring.

Her two hulking protectors would survive a winter under the snow. They could freeze again and again only to be revived by their immortality. Sigrún too, for that matter; the little snake curled under her mane could shut her body down and wake good as new come the change of seasons. Huldra was not quite so resilient, and so she had prodded them on. Being of northern blood she could survive well enough in the cold, but not if she passed out in a snow bank as the boys were like to do, so before she’d relent and let them all get back to not giving a fuck, she’d get them somewhere they weren’t lost or cold or covered in wet snow. “Are you sure, you’ve never been here before?” the prompt was a bit short, but such was her mood.

Huldra
oh, I'm at the start of a pretty big downer

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd
tarik
What doesn't kill me better run.

“You’ve said that already.” Tarik replied, his voice more of a growl, but surprisingly calm given that their only means of transportation was being slowly disassembled by the current and the rocks that had ultimately done them in.

So they’d lost their ship. Yes, it was a good ship, and yes walking through this snowy forest was proving to be a pain in the ass, but they had time. Well, he and Ralik did. They would find another boat, find another sea to sail her on. And, if needed, they would find another wench. Although …

Tarik’s sea-blue eyes watched Huldra’s increasingly obvious pantomime of “angry woman” being performed ahead. Despite his lack of interest in her antics or what they were meant to communicate to the brothers, he had no problem tuning her out, and watching her tail (and the flesh it was connected to), dance back and forth ahead of him. At least it gave him something to look at.

“I doubt it.” He replied again, glancing around at the trees, and the forest. When you’re immortal, remembering proves to be the biggest problem - and it’s one that no one tells you about. Despite the fact that all of wounds healed and that Huldra’s murderous attempts on his life always proved unsuccessful, his mind still remained just as mortal as hers was. Forgetting was a side effect of being immortal. It was also a side effect of being an alcoholic. But, just in case, he turned to Ralik, eyeing his brother for a moment questioningly.

Ralik Posts: 6
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: Appears 7
ali
ralik

"Stop whining, you harpy." Ralik snorted at the mare as she complained yet again about their situation. It wasn't the first time that the brothers had been shipwrecked, it was just the first time the'd been shipwrecked with the wench. She acted like it was the end of days instead of just a temporary inconvenience -- one that was likely to happen many more times in the course of their existence.

There was never any doubt about whether or not Huldra was ever angry with them. She always tended to carry herself in the way she currently was. Usually he found it hard to focus on what she was saying and why she was angry because her twitching tail always drew his attention to her hindquarters and the way they swayed as she walked. But this time was different. She'd harped on them from the time they'd dragged their hung over asses off the beach and she just wouldn't let up.

"Maybe." Ralik replied with a carless shrug of his shoulders. He and Tarik had traveled all around before they'd taken on Huldra, so it was possible that they'd been here before and couldn't remember.... there was a lot that they couldn't remember. It didn't matter, though, because he doubted that they would be staying long -- they never did.

He walked on quietly for a few more minutes before sighing loudly. "I need a drink." He said. "But someone was too busy panicking to think about saving the drink." And now it was all gone, lost to the briny ocean currents.

"."

@Huldra @Tarik

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

The first thing I felt I could do to help the Worlds Edge, was maybe some recruiting. I had done plenty of it in my childhood, welcoming those who where not native born accumulate to their new lives in the Aurora Basin, Though I had never brought someone home. I could try though, right? Doing something could distract my thoughts from those of loss and hurt. Not that I didn't have plenty of time to think on my trek. But I could always distract myself with the beauty of the snow, in the winter wonderland. I happened to be very fond of the winter, it reminded me of where I was born, and while I had pledged myself to a new herd, The Aurora Basin held a particularly special place in my heart.

So I trudged on through the silent snow, until, well it simply wasn't silent anymore. Bickering among a large group drew my attentions, and I followed it. I came upon three new comers, a surprise to me, as it was actually unusual to have a group of new equine to the threshold. They always came in singles. Usually lost, or running from something, or even someone. These three however seemed to be fairly upset. Two stallions and a mare. My eyes drifted from one to the third, before clearing my throat. "Hello. Welcome to Helovia. I am Glacia, of the Worlds Edge." I start my introduction as I pull myself from the brush, smiling kindly at each one of them.

"Is there anything I can aid you in? Do you require shelter, or directions? I can provide both if you wish it. Or just simple information about the land you have arrived in." I come to a halt, trying to seem calm, but I was a little nervous. It had been a long time since I had done something like this. Not to mention a long time since I had really been in front of others. These three did not know how fortunate they where however. I looked far better than I used too. Still a little thin, my body had filled the gaps, and I held that round grace and beauty from my father. But I still worried of the judgement. The eyes that seemed to say "What the hell happened to her? Who put this pathetic wretch in our presence?".

"talk talk talk talk "

@Huldra
@Tarik
@Ralik

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: BLX1P.jpg]

SOHALIA

On the breeze high above, there was a bird made of sparks scouting ahead of his bonded.  He almost floated through the air, riding a wintery breeze, dipping and diving and swirling as though born among the clouds.  Oddly, the mare to whom he was bonded was not in the skies with him.  No, on this particular day, Sohalia the Transcended had elected to walk.  The earth lent some warmth to the otherwise frigid day, and the pale lady silently commended her companion for his bravery in ascending into the even colder drafts that drifted above the world.  She was a woman of the desert, and she lamented the fact that she'd mistaken Frostfall as an appropriate time to leave the sands.

Despite the mare's rather uncharacteristically sour mood (gods, how long had it been since she'd truly felt cold?), she had departed her beloved homeland on a quest to recruit.  Now that her herd seemed determined to tear itself apart, it was her opinion that they could use all the new blood they could get, and it simply would not do to continue to rely on their Gladiator to do all their work for them.  His job was back home, training their warriors and organizing patrols.  If he had time to visit the Threshold, he had time to help their failing herd, as one of their Guardians had recently pointed out to Sohalia.  And so here she was, hoping that her presence at Helovia's front gates would mend some of the brokenness that awaited her back home.  If she felt guilty about trying to bring newcomers back to a war zone, she tried to ignore it.

A feminine voice cut through the trees, and the Transcended adjusted her course as Astraeus sent her a mental image of the trio who were unceremoniously stomping through the forest.  A slight frown appeared:  was the female upset because the two males were following her?  Were they bothering her?  The ivory dove had yet to fully recover from her fight with Cera, but she would never be able to live with herself if she allowed an innocent stranger to be accosted without at least trying to help.  And so, despite Astraeus's pleading to - Turn around. - and - Go home. -, the mare pressed on, determined to get to the bottom of the strange mare's terse tone.

When she arrived, she was almost disappointed to see that another mare had arrived first.  Sohalia was unfamiliar with the unicorn who was offering her assistance, but a vaguely jealous part of her wishes that the stranger would just go away.  She had no doubts that the Dragon's Throat needed these three far more desperately than wherever the unicorn was from.  Biting her tongue and attributing her foul mood to the cooler weather, the Transcended forced a smile to her lips.  The friendly tone that she adopted when she spoke, however, was true.  "Hello!" she called.  Astraeus swooped down from the sky to land gently upon his bonded's haunches.  "I couldn't help but notice that you appeared to be in some distress."  She directed this comment to the irritated-looking unicorn flanked by the stallions.  Not realizing that Glacia had just said the same thing, she added, "Is there anything I could help you with?"

"talk talk talk"

@Huldra

Memories circle like birds of prey
Waiting for the right mind to drive insane
Don't look back, there's nothing to see
Regret is nothing more than a lover's disease

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
tiamat
Their journey had begun as more of an adventure than anything. Descending from the mountains of their northern home, the oceanic pair moves leisurely through the frosted woodland, frequently stopping to investigate anything that might catch their interest. Tiamat shivers from the frigid weather, but she hardly notices how low the temperature has dropped. The white of her eyes sparkle beneath the light of her mother sky, laughing blissfully as she dances through the powdery snow, dainty knees lifting playfully in her high spirits.

A slender ear tips to the side when voices suddenly catch the ocean mare’s attention, her bouncy jog slowing to a spirited walk as she alters her direction accordingly. “Who do you think it could be?” She asks her companion with a playful smile, her heart warming when Nimue only presses closer to her flank; Tiamat can sense the little Leviathan’s struggle between her shyness and natural friendliness, ultimately settling on quietly following the lead of her bonded. The Mender’s leonine tail curls upwards, shells tinkling as she brushes the hair against her nervous companion, trying to ease her anxiety.

With her ears slanting forward curiously, Tiamat presses on, each of her cloven hooves stepping lightly through the powdery snow. She can tell by the various tones that there are at least two people ahead—but she would never have expected to emerge from the trees and see not two, but five individuals in front of her. The ocean mare is noticeably staggered (this is perhaps the largest gathering she has ever seen in the Threshold). Nonetheless, she is ever eager to make new friends, and is not daunted by the small crowd.

“Oh, hello all!” She greets the others with a sparkling smile, looking to each of them with gentle eyes. Settling comfortably at the side of a white pegasus mare, Tiamat continues soon after with an introduction. “My name is Tiamat,” she holds her breath for the shortest second before resting, opting to not introduce her dear companion, for fear it will only heighten her distress. Nimue still hovers towards the backside of her bonded, simultaneously wary and curious of all the new faces.

Momentarily studying those already gathered, the ocean mare notes the body language of the pegasus and spotted unicorn—how they are both noticeably angled towards the trio, who, by the looks of it, are likely travelling together. Following suit, Tiamat turns the majority of her attention on the painted mare and her two stallions. “I’m going to assume you’re the new ones to Helovia?” She questions with a twinkle in her gaze, her eyes flickering briefly to the two other women with amusement. “You have quite the receiving party. Welcome!” She laughs lightly, assuming that their other hosts have already questioned them enough for her to repeat.

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!
@Huldra | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Absent Abyss

Though her bad mood simmered she kept a tight leash on any more retorts. 'Wench' they often called her and it was a perfectly apt description, but she was very much a dependent wench. Even though she often liked to poke at them, there was always an underlying fear that on e day she'd end up pushing their patience too far and the brothers would leave her behind. So she bit back a retort on the loss of their flasks (sources of alcohol were no laughing matter to these two) and hell, she was feeling very much in need of a drink herself.

Huldra's annoyance was as fluid as the rest of her feelings, and it vanished at the first sign of possible dangers. A movement of brush in the snowy woods and the approach of an unexpected figure had the wench recoiling in an instant. Even before the black mare had finished her introduction, Huldra had stopped her forward momentum and skittered backward to wedge herself in between the two stallions. Ever the damsel in distress, her tail which had just now been expressing her disapproval, now reached out to the nearest of her her protectors's hind leg (it really didn't matter which) and curl it's plumed end around it for reassurance.

Even after her retreat, Huldra eyed their welcoming party (for soon the black mare was joined by a blue-green and a white) with an imperious gaze. There all seemed gracious enough, and welcomed the trio to "Helovia" as the last one called it. With a quick glance to either side of her, she watched her men for a spark of recognition that name might spark but didn't see any. She smiled, not altogether warmly, at the welcoming party. "I am in no distress, I assure you." she assured the while pegasus, displaying as much loyalty as she was capable of feeling to the two stallions. If they had squabbles between themselves it was no one else's business.

She decided it was best if she took point here, for it could be assumed the brothers wouldn't ask for directions and she was determined to find a more appealing place than this snowy wood as quickly as possible. She spoke confidently (as though she hadn't just skittered back to hide behind her guard dogs) "I am called Huldra and like you guessed, new to this land. Helvita, did you call it?" She knew perfectly well that was not what Tiamat had said, but no one had ever said that Huldra needed a reason to be a pain in the ass. She nodded at the Glacia "Directions wouldn't do much good as we've no destination other than not here, but learning where here is would be of use. If you have information I'd be glad to hear it."

Huldra

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

It had been a long, long time ago since her own hooves caused a sound in the Threshold, and if she was honest with herself — she hadn't exactly been in that much of a rush to come back. Odd eyes spied Atreus with a noticeable edge of envy, his small feathered form easily flitted around and under anything that appeared in his path. Each branch which curled it's gnarled branches outward and upward painted a cage in her mind, her wings forced to fit snuggly against her side until she turned and left once more. Yes, she much preferred the open air and freedoms that lay outside of this chokehold.

She knew the state of the Throat wasn't an ideal home to offer to recruits, but they suffered. Ranks were open wounds, and some had chosen to leave for the mainland in the turbulance. For whatever reason they had, selfish or selfless, she couldn't blame them for leaving despite the way her mouth twinged downward. If she was not the way she was, and had not sown her very heart strings into the canyon walls and strung the organ there forevermore, she might've entertained that itch of migration. She wanted better for their home, and she wanted better for all that lived or would live there.

It's Atreus that alerted her to the gathered just beyond where her eyes could see clearly, his light hued body a stark contrast to the dark bark he landed upon, red rimmed eyes fixated on the bodies. More importantly, it was the way he punctuated his emotion through that bond, which told him he spied someone familiar. An all too familiar voice as of late floated into her ears, and a small smile appeared on her lips. Sohalia too had the same idea, it seemed and she sped up just enough to enter the gathered area just after the arrival of the blue mare.

Her head dipped in greeting toward her fellow herd member as she stopped beside her.  An odd gathering indeed, she mused in silence as Atreus dropped from the branch he was on and straight onto her withers. Two others who were not of their homeland, she would of remembered such unusual colours and patterns, but no doubt here with the same intentions in mind. "You're in the Threshold, the gateway to Helovia. It's an unfortunate thing that everyone goes through. There's no way around it, believe me many have tried." She had, just as many others who came into the land did. No one liked to be stuck in the Threshold for longer than they had to be, most would of successfully avoided it if they could. "Me and my herdmate are from the Dragon's Throat, an island to the south of here. Sun, sand, fire, water, plenty of those things." Along with a lot of drama, despair, figuring out if your dad is the dad of your next door neighbor and the occasional drunken mare — but hey, that was all part of the charm.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Dragon's Throat Stallion
Odd
tarik
I need a drink. Now that was about the most sensible thing anyone had said in the past three hours or so. Without so much as a smirk (alcohol was no laughing matter, kids), Tarik looked to his brother and nodded gravely. So did he. 

Before he could offer his thoughts on their current location, suddenly their trio began increasing at a rate far faster than he was used to. The stallion's sea-blue eyes narrowed slightly, and his thick neck crested farther as he studied the one..two..thr-four mares who had arrived to greet them.

"I think we've died and gone to Valhalla, brother." Tarik remarked, his voice completely even and smooth. His accent was thick, northern, nordic, and his words were so dry, it would have likely been impossible for those who did not know him, to decide whether or not he was joking. His eyes greedily took in the four mares before them, lingering on each one as if they were each a delicacy, but he was only entitled to one. Huldra had began speaking for them as she normally did, but this did not deter Tarik from formulating his own thoughts on the matter.

The mare Tiamat reminded him of the sea. She looked like the sirens of legend that he had heard tales of. Glacia, with her stout body and thickly feathered hooves looked as though she would be fit in in any of the courts in their homeland. Nephele looked like the wenches they often found when they stopped at a port; fiery, promiscuous, and unafraid. Normally that would have appealed to him...

...were it not for Sohalia.

Mares did not come in shades as pale as she was, back in their homeland. Nor did they come as elegantly built. The mares that he found himself accompanied by as of late were ... well, just like Huldra. Attitudes so large you could sleep inside of them, with wit for days. Were they easy on the eyes? Sure. Especially after a pint or 8. But they had bags under their eyes in the morning and skin that was baked by the sun. They were not, in short, anything like The Transcended. 

"And who might you be?" Tarik asked, dry intonation gone, replaced by charm that seemed ill-befitting the rather rugged, dread-locked man. But before your skepticism drowns you in disbelief, do remember that he's lived hundreds of years. You do learn a thing or two in all that time (to be fair, you also forget most of it over the decades as well). "Are you someone's wench in this Dragon's Throat?" Though the word wench normally would have sounded hostile, it sounded so very like a compliment upon his rugged lips. His eyes tried to find Sohalia's and he refrained from letting them drift to the sleek lines of her body. 

Perhaps landing here wasn't so bad after all.

Oops. I am literally unable to help myself from hitting on Rayo's characters Q__Q

Outcast
ali
ralik

For all the anger and 'I can take care of myself' façade that Huldra put on she was quick to backtrack and wedge herself between the brothers when an unknown wench appeared from the surrounding trees to greet them. Ralik rolled his eyes at the display and turned his head just enough to look at Huldra from the corner of his eye. "Chicken." He muttered as she wrapped her tail around his leg. Whether or not it was to calm herself or an attempt to scream HEY, THESE ARE MINE at the now multiple wenches was a thought that passed through Ralike's mind, but it was dismissed just as quickly.

Honestly, after her constant complaining, he didn't give two fucks about what she might be feeling.

He took several moments to study the three four mares. Tarik's voice, his comment about Valhalla made him grin. "I think you're right, brother." He commented. "But what are the odds they're all virgins?" He did not bother to hide the way his eyes swept over each mare, one by one taking in supple curves that were often absent in mares that had not yet borne children. He could appreaciate a mare's body regardless of whether or not she'd borne children before, but there was something alluring about the innocence of a virgin and exciting about taking that innocence and tainting it and proving just how much pleasure another body could bring.

Tarik seemed most interested in the pale, winged mare, and Ralik could admit that she was pretty, but he thought she paled in comparison to the ocean mare that called herself Tiamat. One ear twitched toward Huldra as she began to address the questions that the mare's posed, and he decided easily to leave her to her devices. He shook off the tail wrapped around his leg and he stepped toward Tiamat. "I am Ralik." He replied, his normally rough voice now even and smooth. "Are you from the Dragon's Throat, too?"

"."

@Glacia

The party was quickly joined by a rather large number of mares. All of which unknown to me. My gaze swept of each mare as they joined us, Starting with the white Pegasus, who introduced herself as Sohalia, and then an ocean hued and decorated mare as Tiamat, and a hybrid who gave no name, but who claimed to also hail from the same place as Sohalia. Icy blue eyes watched and listened to the others, and returned their attention to the trio in front of us. Huldra was the first to speak, and she seemed a firey one. Next was Tarik, his words at first dry... Was he joking? What was this Valhalla? The other stallions response (His brother) almost made me cringe. But I held the smile, though if they looked at my eyes instead of my body you would see the unease at such lewdness.

I couldn't help it. I was a girl who liked sweet words, not betting if someone was a virgin or not. Was I sure I wanted to bring these three home? However, it seemed their interests lay with Sohalia and Tiamat. So I let them oogle and drool upon the white and blue mare and returned my attention to Huldra. She seemed to be the one I should talk to after all. "To start off with some of the information we have four herd lands. I come from the Worlds Edge. It is a beautiful land that lay on the cliffs overlooking the sea. Often times the ocean wings blow in mist, so you must be careful to know where the edge is. Not to far away you are able to reach the beach from there. Our patron god is the Moon. I'm sure the rest of these fine mares can give you information on their own homes. But our herd welcomes those wanting to join, or just in need of rest. However, there are many lands that hold great beauty here." I felt like I babbled, but what else could I say? I hadn't practiced, and their where so many who stood here. I shifted slightly in the snow, but the smile never left my face.

"If, I might ask Huldra, what things do you Ralik, and Tarik enjoy? I may be able to provide better information based on your likes."

"talk talk talk talk "
@Sohalia

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

SOHALIA

Much to Sohalia's surprise, she was not the last Helovian to appear to greet the incoming trio. A lovely blue-green unicorn joined them, introducing herself as Tiamat; not far behind her was a solitary familiar face, Nephele. The Transcended smiled at her herd's Guardian as the pretty brown-and-black mare settled in beside her. It was always nice to be accompanied by a friend, particularly when so many of them had appeared to offer these three newcomers a home. Perhaps two residents from the same herd would give the illusion of strength in numbers. Gods know we don't have strength anywhere else.

The new female had scampered to hide behind the two stallions, both of whom carried themselves with a dominating presence. Now that she could see the full picture, Sohalia guessed that the pair of them accompanied the mare as protectors of some sort. She wondered vaguely who was in control, if any of them - should she appeal to the female, or would the men be the more likely to decide the group's path? As she attempted to sort her thoughts, the dove offered a friendly smile to the new mare. "My apologies - I hope I did not give offense."

One of the males spoke to the other, calling him brother, and Sohalia wondered if they were related by blood or merely by years spent together. It hardly mattered - one bond was often just as strong as the other - but it was a curiosity that blossomed within her all the same. They were both admittedly quite handsome (though she felt guilty immediately upon noticing) and were built like warriors. Gaucho's barely even gone and you're already admiring strange stallions? whispered a petty little voice in the back of her head. She looked away, no doubt casting herself in their eyes as a demure maiden. She missed the way the stallions' gazes lingered on her and her fellow mares' bodies.

Valhalla was a term unfamiliar to her, but virgin was not. The friendly smile on her face felt suddenly stiff and unwanted, though no one assembled would be likely to tell the difference. But it was not the first stallion - the one who then spoke directly to her - who had earned her ire, and so she lifted her bicolored gaze to his. "Oh, forgive me - I haven't introduced myself. I am Sohalia -" And then, as men are wont to do, he ruined it. - WENCH? - Astraeus cried angrily, glaring daggers at the stallion from his perch upon her rump.

Sohalia, to her credit, never faltered. She looked the steed over almost appraisingly. Oddly, somehow he seemed to think he was being charming. (Let's forget for a moment that the ivory dove seemed to have a preference for rather brutal men lacking in verbal eloquence.) Irritation nestled its way into her breast, and she fought the urge to tell him just what she thought of him.

Because the truth was, he seemed to be exactly her type (albeit with a slightly different vocabulary), and she was really only angry at herself.

"Yer affesi anni, ifak," she muttered, only barely preventing her eyes from rolling. Then, with a sigh and a slightly darkened look in her eye, she told him, "Not anymore." And no matter how dismissive she might have wanted to be, her quiet words only managed to sound sad. Oh, Gaucho... The WildFire would have challenged this stallion in a heartbeat for even looking at her, and she missed the passion that had always burned between them.

But none of that was convincing these three to join their herd, and even if she had her doubts, the Dragon's Throat was quite desperate. "As my herdmate said, we hail from the Dragon's Throat. It could be most easily described as a desert island, but do not let that deter you - we have the most beautiful oasis that keeps us refreshed, and we are surrounded on all sides by the sea. If sun and sand are appealing to you, I would like to extend an invitation for you to join us." She directed this to Huldra, hoping that the mare would prove a better conversationalist than the stallions thus far. "Otherwise, as Glacia said, with more information we would be able to better direct you to a fitting location."

"talk talk talk"

@ Tiamat

Yer affesi anni, ifak. | Roughly translates to "You make me itch, foreigner," and is a derogatory statement towards someone annoying.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

tiamat
The Mender’s ears briefly tilt backwards when she sees the painted mare scamper backwards, settling comfortably in between the two larger stallions with no small amount of indignation. Naturally Tiamat lowers her head slightly, white eyes shining beneath the snowy light, trying to put the stranger at ease and assure her that she is no threat to any of them. However, the unfamiliar mare (Huldra, as she soon introduces herself) seems to quickly recover from whatever had unsettled her. She addresses the small crowd with confidence, and the ocean mare smiles. “It’s Helovia, actually,” she corrects Huldra kindly, not even considering the fact that the other mare might just be messing with them.

Listening as the main part of their conversation continues, Tiamat happens to overhear what the two stallions are whispering to one another. They speak of a place called Valhalla, which piques the mare’s curiosity, though her interest wilts when the term ‘virgins’ is thrown between the men. Unlike the white pegasus and spotted mare, Tiamat does not fight to hold her initial expression. Her head tilts slightly and her brow knits together, doe-eyes swimming with something between confusion, surprise, and embarrassment.

Tiamat is a virgin—in every sense of the word. Not only is her body chaste from any stallion’s touch, but her mind has also been largely sheltered from the world’s cruel shadows. And with a mind as pure and naïve as her own, the Mender can only look for the best in those around her, and does not think to hold these strangers in judgement. (After all, perhaps she misunderstood?). Noticing that one of the brothers steps towards her, Tiamat smiles gently. “Hello, Ralik,” she offers the rugged man a nod of her horned brow.

“No, I am from the Aurora Basin—in the North,” she responds to his inquiry with laughter in her voice. Cupping the others’ words with a dainty ear, the ocean mare continues soon after, deciding that she is expected to give a description of her own homeland (and she does so happily). “It’s a beautiful valley nestled in the mountains, with extraordinary sights like the aurora borealis, or our unfreezing lake; it’s truly a little piece of heaven. Although, given our location, it can get quite cold; but just like the Dragon’s Throat’s desert—” a sparkling glance is cast towards Sohalia “—don’t let that deter you. There are numerous ways to keep warm, such as build fires or bathe in the hot springs.”

The Mender’s voice lilts with affection, noticeably fond of the place that she calls home. Unquestionably biased, she considers the Basin the finest of the lands, but she doesn’t doubt that the other three are just as beloved by their own populations. “Of course, like my fellow ladies here,” again she smiles to the other mares, this time broadening her attention to all of them, before turning back Ralik and the others, “an invitation is open for you to join us, should you wish.” She dips are head kindly, “Either way, I’d be happy to help you.” If only to help them find the belonging that she has found.

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!
@Nephele or @Huldra (I'm not quite sure xD) | image credits

Absent Abyss

The four mares that greeted them provide a suitably non-hostile welcome to Helovia. Their manners made it plain that they did not see Hulra and her Vikings's arrival as a threat and that they in turn were not keen to threaten the newcomers. If Huldra's position was at all precarious is was of her own making, and the arrival of a bevy of beautiful maidens (virgins or not) was just the thing to make her realize it. Despite a high-and-mighty attitude, she was actually quite helpless and relied on the accompaniment of the men to her left and right for security, and being dependent on their mercy, needed to keep in their good graces, or at least keep their interest.

She'd managed for almost two years now, but had never been quite and unpleasant to them as in the recent days. Despite they laughs they'd shared between them, the flirtation compared and traces of affection, Huldra did not take it for granted that they could abandon her, and would, at the drop of a hat.

"Ah, yes." she mused, distractedly at Tiamat's correction. She didn't give a flying squirrely fuck what this land was called, for another woman was butting her nose into their business and it seems that both brothers had zeroed on on their possible picks. Sky-clad eyes flicked to either side, carefully observing the stallions. Tarik had honed in on the delicate white dove and Ralik the sea-maiden, and Huldra felt the urge to hiss and them both, especially when Ralik (her one-time lover) tugged his leg away from her grip.

It was not jealousy of their sexual intent towards the females that twitched in her. After all, the only reason she didn't join in their subtle hunting was the lack of eligible dicks at present. She had decided quite a while ago that sleeping with Ralik either of the brothers was not the best idea, and so took no offense at them taking their pleasure where they chose, just as she did. Really she just preferred to be the center of attention, felt a soothing rush of vain superiority as she watched Tiamat and Sohalia take their turns in dismissing the boys' flirtations and respond to her questions instead.

She listened carefully to the descriptions of each land, biased surely as each speaker might be, but positively beamed with delighted amusement at Glacia's request. She'd noted, with a wickedly fine-tuned sense, as Glacia, Sohalia and Tiamat had all demurred, each flustered by her protectors' lewd comments and Huldra (who had not a modest bone in her body)  could not resist the urge to play with them. To see them flush for her own ammusement or perhaps to assert some form of dominance over the female company-a punch in the tit is as good as a kick in the balls.

"What things do we enjoy?" She asked, feigning innocence with a smile plasters across her face and a flutter of her heavily lined eyes. She glanced from Glacia to each of the other mares, ancicipating their reactions like a kid in a candy store. "Well, Floatsam and Jetsam here have an an unfortunate habit of fighting when they get the chance, though I myself abstain from such devilish behavior..." Her accent was similar to the rough nordic tones of Tarik and Ralik if a little more refined, but now it adopted a higher cadence. "But I'll tell you what we like best: We like to drink..." a wide, teasing smile "...and we like to fuck." The smile dropped on the last word. She let it hang in the air as she raised her brow in some brazen challenge the the black mare's sense of propriety.

"Well!" She said, suddenly nonchalant "I'm partial to sun and sand myself, wouldn't you agree?" She turned a questioning glance at Tarik before switching to his brother. "I doubt you'd need hot springs to keep yourself warm of you felt like making a northern excursion, but I'm not in the mood for any more snow at the moment. Maybe you could catch up with us when you're done."

Huldra

@Nephele

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

The men proved to be quite the eye candy, a rugged handsome type that she'd happily watch work out until the sun set. It was a shame that they opened their mouths, really, she'd preferred to have kept her wet rugged man work out fantasy untainted. Instead, they had painted a great black smudge across it with their talk of them being virgins and referring to Sohalia as a wench. The Guardian wasn't a prude by any stretch of the word, she didn't like poetry and sonnets being sun sweetly into her ears, but neither did she like the idea of herself, or any being named a wench as some unusual endearment.

To the credit of the Edge mare, she hadn't faltered from the moment the men had had their pick of who to flirt with, and instead chose to play instead to Huldra's favor.

Her chiselled face remained neutral despite the urge to roll her eyes, instead an ear tilted toward her herdmate, eager to hear her retort — and this Tiamat's one as well. Neph hadn't exactly expected a fiery vortex being fired in the Stallion's direction, as much as it would of delighted her, but she had wanted something with a bit more of a fire, a sun kissed punch to the throat. Tiamat practically wilted under the virginal term thrown out at the four, and she couldn't help but feel for the mare, she didn't appear to be built like her and the other two were when it came to such advancements.

"Ah, but where is the fun in having only virgins?" She retorted to the stallion who had called himself Ralik, unable to keep the sharp smirk which crept on her face at bay. "I admire a man who thinks he can teach a mare how to fuck, but I wonder, do you really have the stamina for it?" Her eyes slid to each of the mares present, once they had finished giving both Ralik and Tarik an obvious rake of her eyes. Atreus himself wasn't exactly pleased with his bonded for her contribution, his feathered ruffled while an annoyed shriek escaped his sharp beak and she wasn't entirely sure if it was toward the men or her.

The smirk remained even after she fell into silence, to allow the others to tell of their land — and for Sohalia to tell more of theirs. Did they really need three vagabonds like these? She questioned that, but they were not in a position to turn down capable hooves that could work and be active, something she hoped would change so they could pick and choose their new members with a bit more care. For now they would have to play the situation to their advantage.

Huldra had found her voice again, and she listened with enthusiasm and amusement. If she had been wanting an equally bashful, slightly embarrassed reaction to get a full house — she'd be disappointed. The emphasized 'fuck' earned her a vivacious laugh from the Guardian, her 'my name is buck and I like to fuck' attitude was something she could get behind, and she had been well and truly set on having bed fellows without the consequences — until that world view had slightly changed with two bouts of being fat and four children later. Bed fellows, oh yes, she'd just be delivering a swift kick to make sure they didn't make her a mother again, whenever she did decide to stop being disillusioned with men in general.

"Well, if fighting and getting sweaty is your thing, and I do so like it when a stallion gets all hot," Her attention once more settled on the two stallions with her, an obvious lilt in her voice, "and drinking and having the pick of the boys is your thing, the Dragon's Throat has all of that for you." She purposely forgot that they might have to work for such enjoyment, but who was she to spoil that rosy dream. The Warrioress could only hope that Sohalia would join to add a little bit more fun.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Dragon's Throat Stallion
Odd
tarik
Tarik did not falter either - not even when the mystical bird upon the Transcended's rump (oh how he envied that bird..) gave a cry of alarm. Was the dreadlocked stallion clever enough to know that wench would likely strike her delicate tulip ears as some sort of insult or slur? Probably. Did that stop him? Clearly not. It was one thing to possess a delicate and pure looking body. It was another entirely to possess a mind equally as unmarred. Though ...Given the guttural words the white dove offered in a language which was foreign to his ears, he thought that perhaps his choice of words hadn't wounded her clearly delicate sensibility quite as much as he was meant to think. 

And, she had answered him after all. And it was the answer that he wanted. 

A wider, more primitive smile now coloured his dark lips, but there was still a good natured laughter in his sea-blue stare. Tarik wondered if the squawk from her companion was truly an indication of the emotion flowing through her. Or perhaps, like her veiled response, it was just the emotion she wanted displayed. Nibbling his lip as the discussion moved solidly to where, if at all, the trio might end up, Tarik couldn't help but feel swayed to the Dragon's Throat. If only so that he might see just how deep the pale mare's sensibility truly ran.

Before he might have said more something equally suave and insulting, there was talking of fucking and drinking. With an ear trained on Huldra and expression that indicated that there was nothing shocking about the mare's unapologetic response to the question. Tarik turned his gaze to their stalwart wench companion with a very thoughtful expression on his face, as she indicated that neither he nor Ralik would require hot-springs to keep themselves warm should they venture north. The offer was tempting though. The climate and landscape Tiamat described was very similar to the lands that they had initially grown up in. Given the thick layer of fur on his body, the beard on his face, and the scruff the lined his neck and stomach, clearly he was well suited for colder climates.

Ahh, but temptation! Temptation was really quite an interesting feeling when one was immortal. It was one of the only things that made the stallion feel anything, anymore. The challenge. The unknown. So much of those aspects of life had been lost on him during his decades of life. And if Nephele was to be believed, the Dragon's Throat would certainly be able to accommodate more than just a few of their favourite past-times.

"Pick of the boys? Do you hear that Huldra?" Tarik swept an expression that had grown neutral towards the mare, despite the laughter that still filled his eyes. "But will they pick you, I wonder?" His accent was thick as it rolled off of his tongue, the laughter in his eyes now touching his lips and pulling them into a smirk. Casting a glance towards Ralik, Tarik shrugged as if still contemplating the offer. "What say you brother?" Though Tarik almost certainly already knew what it was Ralik would say.

@Ralik 

Outcast
ali
ralik

Ralik did not miss the way Tiamat's expression faltered at his mention of virgins. He chuckled, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. Normally he would call out to Tarik, to exclaim that they had, in fact, stumbled upon a virgin, but his brother seemed preoccupied with the pale dove. He'd keep this one to himself.

The pretty blue woman was forgotten momentarily, however, when Nephele spoke up, asking where the fun was in having only virgins. Sure, he could see the benefit of having a woman who knew how to handle herself and please a man, but a lot of the fun was in the chase. Women who had been around the block, so to speak, didn't put up as much of a fight as those who hadn't. Still, he could see the appeal in the winged made and he grinned. "Why don't we put our stamina to the test and see who lasts longer." He rumbled arrogantly to the warrior mare.

An ear tilted toward Huldra as she spoke (again) and he found his grin widening as she said they liked to drink. It was no secret that the brothers knew their way around a bottle. It was when she threw in that they liked to fuck that he turned his gaze back to Tiamat and winked at her. He was sure the little blue mare would be flustered again and that was amusing to the brute.

Tiamat's description of her home in the north sounded quite pleasing to Ralik as did Nephele and Sohalia's description of their home in the desert. He was confused, though, and focused intently on the sea mare that had captured his attention first. "You look like the ocean." He said. "So why do you make your home in the north so far from it?"

The conversations continued on around them and Tarik's voice drew his attention once more and he swung his head around to gaze at his brother. What say you? Tarik asked and Ralik shrugged his muscled shoulders. What say he about what? Huldra having her pick of men or where they should live? He quickly decided that he couldn't resist the chance to prod at their wench and so he replied. "She's a decent lay, but if these Dragon's Throat wenches all look like..." his gaze flickered toward Nephele and then Sohalia before returning to Tarik. "She'll have competition." and we'll have fun.

"."

@Glacia

Sohalia's grumbling of something else, some kind of language sent a chuckle rolling through my lips. I had to admit it pleased me that Tarik's "flirtations" had back fired. I however felt sorry for Tiamat. Her reactions to such things was one I myself would have had a year ago. A blushing girl, unaccustomed to such crude words. Not that on the inside they didn't my stomach curl in disgust. But I had known the touch of a man, and had born two in result of that union. Still. My eyes lingered on Tiamat, feeling for her.

Huldra was quick to take me up on my offer, and my eyes returned to look at the beautiful painted newcomer. The smile never left my face as she spoke, but a tightness formed around my eyes as the whore mare continued on her disgusting speech. But only a twitch of a hair could be seen on my ears at the emphasis of the word fuck. Something nagged at me, as if she where mocking us. Intentionally making us uncomfortable. As if she where in a position to do so, new in a land she did not know, with us, strangers yes, but kindly offering them shelter. I almost wanted her to trip and break her pretty face. No, not almost, did. Or maybe wind up pregnant with 8 or so kids in the oven. That seemed a befitting number. She'd be ruined. That would be very satisfying especially since she liked to enjoy the sexual pleasures so much and seemed to be such a total assmunch.

Nephele's was the next to speak, and she almost got an eye roll from me. But I didn't. She was playing and catering to these hooligans, offering them things that they wouldn't be able to resist. And as the stallions spoke, I couldn't help but feel relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with them on the way home. I didn't envy the hybrid nor the transcended one bit. Although Ralik's words to Tiamat caught my attention. "Tiamat probably enjoys its great and intense beauty. Maybe you should visit and then you might understand." I looked at Tiamat, hoping she wouldn't be to angry at my speaking in her place. I was certainly happy that these three had ignored my invitations. They would not make great companions nor additions to the Edge.

"I do not believe my services are needed any longer, so I shall be taking my leave. I wish you all a wonderful day." My head nodded to each of them, and soon I was pushing through the snow back the way I had came. Maybe I had lost three today, but they did not seem a huge loss to me.

"talk talk talk talk "

@Sohalia
Glacia says peace outttt. Sorry she's being a bit of a judgy snatch lmao

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

SOHALIA

Sohalia listened politely as Tiamat offered a description of her homeland - a similar description to that offered by Rexanna and Lena when they had visited the Throat with their invitation to the festival. The Transcended smiled at the blue mare as she finished talking, finding her gentle style of speech to be quite welcoming, particularly now that she found herself in the company of such vulgar stallions.

Her hope that Huldra would prove to be above the crass behavior of her companions quickly proved unfounded. If she didn't know better, she'd have sworn that the newcomer was trying to provoke them even further. Of course, she would have been right in the assumption, but as a mare that tended to give the benefit of the doubt, she merely offered a mental sigh to her companion, decided that all three strangers were just a bit rough around the edges, and kept her pretty smile in place. If she had misgivings about offering the three a home a moment before, she didn't show it now.

When Nephele rose to the bait that had been laid out before her, Sohalia could not help but glance at her herdmate. She slightly raised the brow that was on the far side of her face from the trio, expressing her dismay in a way that only the Guardian would see. Why, oh why would the mare have made them sound like such uncivilized barbarians in front of all of these horses? Of course, many long-time Helovians might have already assumed such, what with someone like Gaucho as their prior leader; but that didn't meant that they had to prolong such assumptions! Besides, did they really want these three so badly that they were willing to compromise their values to bring them home?

Well, they were getting desperate. Maybe she just wished Nephele hadn't made it such an ordeal.

She looked back at Tarik the strangers from beneath her lashes, finding herself irritated without really knowing why. With the three of them having agreed to come back to the Dragon's Throat, she had gotten what she'd wanted, right? But she was suddenly self-conscious, hyper-aware of the way her body moved as she began to turn to lead the way home. It took a considerable effort to keep her tail from clamping down between her legs in an attempt to hide herself from the stallion's eyes. She ought to have been used to being admired - after all, Gaucho had often swept her body with his eyes, appreciating each and every curve - but with anyone else it felt wrong. It felt like betrayal.

It felt like Kaj all over again.

And that had ruined everything.

"I hope to see you both again," she smiled at the other Helovian mares assembled. To their new herd members, she added, "Now then, the Dragon's Throat is to the south. I do hope you'll all find it to your liking." She paused for a moment, then couldn't stop herself from adding, "Though, I must say, boys, I think you'll find that our mares are perhaps a bit more of a challenge than the type of wenches -" (the word was foreign on her tongue) "- that you're used to." And if she meant anything by that, she kept it to herself.

"talk talk talk"

@Huldra @Tarik @Ralik @Nephele

I'll get up a welcome thread in DT :3

tiamat
She isn’t entirely aware of it herself (yet) but the ocean mare sticks out like a sore thumb among this particular crowd—and not because of the brilliant hues of her skin. She is the smooth warmth to their jagged, unruly edges, the satiny silk to their coarse leather hides, and the rabbit to their wolf (a prey to their hunter’s instinct). The fragile maiden had managed to recover from the little ‘virgin’ incident, and in her own mind, it had all been a misunderstanding. A fluke. If only she could predict how quickly reality can turn the tables, so to speak.

“What things do we enjoy?”

White eyes settle happily on Huldra when she continues, addressing the spotted mare’s seemingly innocent question. Initially the painted stranger mentions the men’s affinity towards a more rugged behavior, which doesn’t come as a surprise to the blue Mender (in their appearances alone, it is obvious that the two stallions are not unused to…rougher antics), but the conversation suddenly takes a hard left turn—jerking them into such vulgar territory that the whole ‘virgin’ incident abruptly seems almost harmless.

Tiamat’s discomfort (and shock) are obvious in every line of her delicate frame. Fluted ears splay to the side and tilt back in discomfort, and her entire posture seems to bow inwards, as though she can physically shield herself from their words. And it’s not like it’s just Huldra—several of their little crowd chime in, like a snowball effect, until the sheltered mare feels like she is being smothered by incredibly loutish talk of—well, you know (s-e-x).

Tiamat can feel the warmth flooding her cheeks, and if it were possible, she would be a bright, blushing red of embarrassment. She shifts uncomfortably, nearly startling herself when Ralik addresses her directly again, issuing a question that, in any other situation, she would be readily happy to answer. As it is, she hesitates, hardly able to look the stallion in the eye. Glacia mercifully comes to the rescue, offering words that give the blue maiden a foundation to ground herself. “Yes,” Tiamat stumbles, glancing appreciatively towards the spotted mare. She clears her throat before looking back to Ralik, forcing herself to meet his gaze. “I adore the ocean—” as though it isn’t purely obvious, “—but the Aurora Basin is my home. It has become as much a part of me as the great sea.” She smiles awkwardly, grappling at anything to steady herself.

Sohalia takes control of the conversation then, herding the three towards the desert sands of her home, and offering both the blue mare and Glacia a pleasant farewell. Tiamat smiles kindly at the white pegasus, inclining her horned brow, “And you as well, Sohalia.” Her doe-eyes flicker to the trio, flitting over each of them with what she hopes is warmth. “It was a pleasure meeting you,” and for the first time in her life, Tiamat finds the words slipping from her lips out of politeness rather than honesty.

Giving them all a bright—if not stiff—smile, she turns with her companion, eager for the security and comfort of home and a warm bath.

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!
directly mentions @Huldra @Glacia @Ralik @Sohalia | image credits