the Rift

[OPEN] The Weight of Fate

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
Making his way through the blood red forest, Sacre was exploring the now dormant woodland in the midst of Frostfall, it was chilly, even the winds from the north prevailed through the branches, licking his thick fur and wrapping his tail around his legs as he stood with his back to it. He was wondering how the forest had gotten so red, whether it was something to do with the stone or the fauna that grew here. Maybe the Gods had decided it should be the colour of crimson and thus the forest had obeyed the command—blushing furiously. It was quiet and it gave Sacre time to his thoughts that flicked from topics like family to friends to the pain in his heart that was dull and constant. 

It was true that most days Sacre was happy, genuinely happy, it wasn't a facade to trick the masses, why should he lie anyway? Yet, sometimes, when he thought about stuff—it all got to him. His mum, his sister, his father, his twin brother, yet what was really bothering him the most these days was anger and how to control it. It lead him to think about his father, his mind and the madness that infected it, so often Sacre wondered if there would come a day when he would be like d'Artagnan. If he let what annoyed him the most run away with him, if he let the small part of him that hated the world for the deaths of his dam and his sister, would he become a monster just like his father? 

If this was true, did that mean that once upon a time, many nightmares ago, his father had been... like him? Carefree... Happy. For some reason the thought made him sad, regretfully sad, that he may never have gotten chance to meet a less haunted d'Artagnan. Instead, his father's image was marred by the sins against life he had committed under the influence of his prejudices.

Sighing, Sacre came to a halt next to a cluster of nude trees, shifting his precious cargo of foxes that were sat in the grove of his back, snoozing. At least sleep kept the two beloved creatures away from listening to the troubling thoughts in the fox-boy's mind. 

In boredom and for something to do, he began to scratch his neck on an innocent tree, enjoying its rough texture against his fur.

On the day that you were born the angels got together,
and decided to create a dream come true

for @Tiamat <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
the ocean loved her and knew everything that made her.
and every time she’d walk to the shore,
she’d smile at the ocean
because the waves told her story.
The gales howl over the white tundra of the north, slipping through the sapphire tendrils of the mare’s hair and reaching through to nip at her skin, only to dash away and play back and forth between the snowflakes like a young child. Doe-eyes are alight with amusement when the ocean Mender watches her companion join in. Nimue rides the billows of wind like she would ride the waves of the sea, her sleek body rocking and gliding naturally across the frigid currents. Short squeals and high-pitched whistles from the young orca accompany winter’s mournful cry, the sheer pleasure in the Leviathan’s expression coaxing a giggle from her bonded’s lips.

Playfully tossing her dainty head into the air, Tiamat tempts the Leviathan with a game, bouncing into a half-rear before cloven hooves dig into the powdery snow, launching her sapphire body forward. With a long whistle of joy, Nimue is eager to take the bait. The wind is at their backs as the oceanic pair dances through the blizzard, haphazardly weaving their way through the crimson trees, and leaving a flurry of snow in their wake.

Had the ocean mare been paying proper attention, then she would have noticed the darkly colored stallion among the skeletal trees, and adjusted a suitable approach accordingly. However, as caught up as she is in this wonderful rush of elation, Tiamat is focused more on her beloved companion than the path in front of her. By the time she is able to distinguish the horned stranger from the tree he is resting against, it is far too late for her to do anything graceful.

“Wooah!” The Mender cries as she tucks in her haunches and digs her hooves into the snow, attempting to slow her momentum, but the force of her motion ultimately pushes her forward, sending her tumbling face-first into the soft snow. She’s sprawled out near the stallion’s hooves when she finally regains control of her body. “Oh my, I am so sorry! I didn’t hit you, did I?” Tiamat flusters with herself, blinking snowflakes from her lashes when she looks up. Were it possible, she would be blushing wildly from embarrassment. Inwardly chiding herself, Tiamat offers him a bashful smile. “Clumsy me—I suppose I should pay more attention to what’s ahead.”

She laughs at her own graceless antics, stretching out her legs to lift herself from the frozen ground. With muscles now stiff from the cold, she shivers once, then reaches to breathe a warm breath across Nimue’s anxious face, assuring her companion that her tumble had been nothing more than clumsiness. “I’m sorry again,” bright eyes shift back to the unfamiliar stallion, meeting his startlingly blue gaze with an apologetic grin. “My name is Tiamat, and this is Nimue,” the young whale presses against the mare’s flank, shy now that her worry is gone. Tiamat curls her lion tail comfortingly around her companion, while doe-eyes remain hopeful for the stallion’s forgiveness.

notes; So excited!!
Nimue reference
“Speech.”

@Sacre | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre
For a moment, Sacre thought he was hallucinating… Was that a dolphin? No, it can’t be, can it? Dolphins belonged in the ocean, right? He blinked several times, shaking his head, trying to dislodge the picture before him to confirm it as a weird dream. Yet, he seemed to remember, back in the Dragons Throat, was it Laedere? She also had a creature similar to this, sea creature who could live outside of the ocean. Even Inari and Ríona had noticed the strange creature and watched it, from the safety of the dip of the fox-boy’s back, come towards them. With it was a unicorn, a blue one, with parts of the ocean in her hair and she didn’t appear to have noticed them. Sacre, now completely baffled, removed himself from the tree he had been scratching himself on and walked cautiously forwards towards the oceanic duo. His lips parted, sucking in the cold air, even now he wasn’t sure what to say “uhm he-” alarmed, his greeting cut short, the mare came tumbling forwards. Instinctively, Sacre reached down with his head as if he could catch her, but it was too late, as she sprawled on the floor and the fox-boy had to stifle a laugh. With his head still lower, he cocked it to one side, an amused half smile filling his face “are you okay?” he asked.

“You missed me” he finally laughed, winking at her as he raised his head whilst two overly curious foxy gazes leaned out from his back, peering at what was happening in front of them. As she begins to stand again, Sacre stepped back to give her some room and look at her properly for the first time. He hadn’t seen her before, or if he had, he had completely forgotten. Which he thought unlikely, given that she was practically blue in appearance and it stretched all the way down her leonine tail, only her horn was starkly ivory in colour. She apologised again and Sacre shook his head, smiling as he did, “it’s okay, I hope you didn’t hurt yourself” as he brushed off her apology he looked, but couldn’t see any obvious signs of injury.

They were introduced as Tiamat and Nimue. Sacre, watching the dolphin hug her side, had a memory jog whilst seeing it up close. Ardere the companion of Laedere, whom he had not seen in many seasons. Yet, the two companions were similar, back then, Laedere had called him a gift from the Earth God, perhaps like his father’s hellhound and his own kitsune, they were similar in magical nature. He dipped his head in greeting as his two foxes dropped down from his back and into the snow, creeping towards the girl in curiosity.

"Ah, I'm Sacre and this is Inari" he nodded to the red fox "and Ríona" finally, nodding to the dusty coloured kitsune. He paused a moment, wondering where the pair came from, their scent was faintly familiar. "Are you from somewhere near here?" he asked, trying to put a hoof on the scent he recognised, before he continued "your companion is beautiful, I have only ever seen one other like her" he gazed at the whale whilst Inari and Ríona crept ever closer, eyeing the two with sharp beady eyes.

On the day that you were born the angels got together,
and decided to create a dream come true

@Tiamat <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!